Viewing Users in List View

When assigning tasks, my manager wishes to be able to see completed and
assigned tasks by user.

For instance, if he is in Workplace, he would like to be able to sort active
and closed activities by User name, either from the view dropdown or maybe by
creating a sortable user header.

Any suggestions on how we might go about this-I would think there must be a
simple way to do it.

Thanks in Advance~

Jamie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Use the Advanced Find tool to search on Activities. You can search on
activities by type, by who they are assigned to, whether they are open or
closed, etc. You will probably want to modify the Activities' Advanced Find
view. If you go to the following link (change crmserver to the name of your
crm server in the URL), you will be able to modify the  Activities Advanced
Find view. This is an undocumented view customization
http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-0000­00666100}

(There are many more posts on undocumented activities view hacks. Search
this newsgroup for "customize activities view")
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Duke" wrote:

> When assigning tasks, my manager wishes to be able to see completed and
> assigned tasks by user.
>
> For instance, if he is in Workplace, he would like to be able to sort active
> and closed activities by User name, either from the view dropdown or maybe by
> creating a sortable user header.
>
> Any suggestions on how we might go about this-I would think there must be a
> simple way to do it.
>
> Thanks in Advance~
>
> Jamie

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

Having users modify theier GAL record
I would like to provide a web based solution for allowing my users to modify thier GAL infomration. Any suggestions? I heard that there is a web based version of GALMOD. Is this true? Does it allow the user to modify all the fileds that GALMODCA allows? Another question about GALMOD. I saw a message somewhere stating that you should not use it if you are running Outlook2k3 in chached mode. Why Not? Just curiouse on this one. So back to my original Q. Is there a decent, non-complicated, web based product that will let my users changed thier info? Thanks, Steve F. ...

New user has no mailbox
I have set up a new user on my SBS2003 server, but the mailbox was not created. I went in ADUC and manually created one, but when I set the client up, the mailbox is not found. What am I doing wrong? if you access the properties of the user, does it show that a mailbox exists on a mailbox store? "scottdog129" <scottdog129@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A4D5258-6D79-4BF7-9C15-D1C4B9B68041@microsoft.com... > I have set up a new user on my SBS2003 server, but the mailbox was not > created. I went in ADUC and manually created one, but when I set the ...

Forms in two differant views

user mailboxes #2
I have exchange 2003 and I have deleted some accounts in active directory but the issue is that since i deleted the accounts in AD the mailboxes are still in the mailbox store and they are not X out how do i purge them then? have you run the Clean up agent? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "scripttron75" <scripttron75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC8EA3C3-175C-48ED-9BDA-3C805A792691@microsoft.com... >I have exchange 2003 and I have deleted some accounts in active directory >but > the issue is that since i deleted the accounts in AD the mailboxes are ...

View Webpage

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Business Portal - Adding New User
When I click Add New User in Business Portal; I get the following exception [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.GetAllDomains() +71 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.BuildUserWizardHTML() +3013 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.CreateWizard() +22 ASP.businessportal_portal_administration_ac_userwizard_aspx.__Render__control1.... I have tried Repair and Uinstall/Reinstall, but error is same...Please...

Coustom view

How to use user defined messages correctly?
hi! i am using two user defined messages (WM_USER + 1 and WM_USER + 2) to update my UI from within a worker thread - everything is going fine for a unpredictable time (let's say from one day up to a few weeks...) but certainly the screen turns into grey. the app still works in the background but the screen keeps grey. i am not sure but most likely i believe that this has to do with those messages - so is there anything wrong in definition or usage? #define WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING WM_USER + 1 call from within the worker thread: m_pDisplay->PostMessage( WM_UPDATE_SOMETHING, 0, 0 ); is ...

Lists and filters
I would like to do the following: 1 - Allow a pre-set list of selectable values for a column of data - I'm using the validation process so that is working. 2 - At the header level for this column of data, I'd like to be able display selected values in this column, e.g., all rows with a value of "apple" in this column. The filter works but I can't get it to work on multiple columns. The list isn't working either. Ideas? Paul C. Peterson ...

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Calendar View?

GMail IMAP: Inbox Populating "To Do" List
Hello, In Outlook 2010 one of my GMail accounts works fine with IMAP. Unfortunately, in the other on, a "To Do" item is created for every header in the Inbox. So I have many thousands of "To Do" items that I can't find a way to mass remove without deleting the email messages. I am able to remove them one at a time. Any thoughts on how I can stop this? Outlook has become unstable with many thousands of "To Do" items. ...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

generated price list, but can't get it through to the Quotes
I generated the price and discount lists. However, when I try to pull a quote, it gives me the total amount. Can someone please advise how to get teh detailed price list per product on the quote sheet? thanks g ...

User Profiles
I have several Win XP and 2000 machines on a 2003 domain. I configured a user profile on each machine and then copied it to the Default profile for anyone that logs on. I have one machine that must have had outlook configured before we copied the profile. Now anyone that logs into that machine gets the same outlook profile. Instead of creating a new PST file for each user it reads the original PST file out of the original user profile. Hmmmm.... I didn't think personal settings got copied across. Can anyone help me correct this. (Maybe this is more of an XP issue but, I will start ...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...