viewed records from a business unit

We have created a number of business units and set the security roles
so users can Read only records from their own business unit. We have
3-users from 1-business unit that are all seeing a different number of
records even though they all have read access to records from their
business unit. 1 of these users even sees records from the
organisational unit when they are not a member of that unit and do not
have any access to that unit in there security role.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

0
brett
8/8/2005 12:20:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_50547160

Hi Brett~

Have you recently either re-parented business units or moved users from one
business unit to another? If so, you may need to apply the hotfix from the
link that I have provided below. This hotfix repairs a few different issues
with CRM users, roles and business units and should correct yours as well.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890424

If the above hotfix does not work I will need to send you a couple tools so
that we can check for any problems between AD and SQL that may also cause
the issues that you are experiencing. I have provided links below that
explain these tools in more detail.

***CRM Admin Tool***
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893102

***CRM AD Recovery Tool***
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893106

Let me know of any questions you may have.

Regards,

Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_50547160

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Brett~
\par
\par Have you recently either re-parented business units or moved users from one business unit to another? If so, you may need to apply the hotfix from the link that I have provided below. This hotfix repairs a few different issues with CRM users, roles and business units and should correct yours as well.
\par
\par http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890424
\par
\par If the above hotfix does not work I will need to send you a couple tools so that we can check for any problems between AD and SQL that may also cause the issues that you are experiencing. I have provided links below that explain these tools in more detail.
\par
\par ***CRM Admin Tool***
\par http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893102
\par
\par ***CRM AD Recovery Tool***
\par http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893106
\par
\par Let me know of any questions you may have.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. \'a9 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_50547160--

0
snulph
8/8/2005 2:27:08 PM
Hi,

Shawn, I am replying on behalf of Brett.  (I work with him).
Firstly, thanks for your reply.
In the first link it says to get a hotfix from microsoft.  We have got this
and installed it but with no change.  Step 3 and 4 of this KB document it
says to use the CRM Admin Tool and CRM AD Recovery Tool as you have
suggested.
I have requested them off Microsoft.
Although the first patch didn't seem to change anything is there any other
things to look at before I get these tools and use them?

Thanks again,
Nathan

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi Brett~
>
> Have you recently either re-parented business units or moved users from one
> business unit to another? If so, you may need to apply the hotfix from the
> link that I ha
ve provided below. This hotfix repairs a few different issues
> with CRM users, roles and business units and should correct yours as well.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890424
>
> If the above hotfix does not work I will need to send you a couple tools so
> that we can check for any problems between AD and SQL that may also cause
> the issues that you are experiencing. I have provided links below that
> explain these tools in more detail.
>
> ***CRM Admin Tool***
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893102
>
> ***CRM AD Recovery Tool***
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893106
>
> Let me know of any questions you may have.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved
Sounds like the problem may be the security descriptor did not update properly
after the role change.  If that's the case, there are really only 2 options:

1) use the tool to rebuild them
2) Change a role again and hope the update propogates properly this time.

It is also possible that one of the users has been shared the other records.
This can happen if the user ever owned the records.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi Brett~
>
> Have you recently either re-parented business units or moved users from one
> business unit to another? If so, you may need to apply the hotfix from the
> link that I ha
ve provided below. This hotfix repairs a few different issues
> with CRM users, roles and business units and should correct yours as well.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890424
>
> If the above hotfix does not work I will need to send you a couple tools so
> that we can check for any problems between AD and SQL that may also cause
> the issues that you are experiencing. I have provided links below that
> explain these tools in more detail.
>
> ***CRM Admin Tool***
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893102
>
> ***CRM AD Recovery Tool***
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893106
>
> Let me know of any questions you may have.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved

0
Matt
8/10/2005 3:34:32 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_07C2A963

Hi,

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!
Thank you,

Tami J. Lemar
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_07C2A963

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Tami J. Lemar
\par Microsoft Business Solutions Support
\par
\par This posting is provided \ldblquote AS IS\rdblquote  with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_07C2A963--

0
tlemar

New record only if the last record is filled
What I need, is a code, that just alows to add a new record only if the last record is filled. Is it possible? Thanks in advance Define "filled". Define "last record". Are you doing this in a form? -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Luis Marques" <LuisMarques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D45EC911-68F9-44F6-A09D-56C9CEE59A09@microsoft.com... > What I need, is a code, that just alows...

Unique Values, not Unique Records
My data looks like the following: ID Type Amt 1234 A $10.00 1234 B $10.00 1234 C $10.00 I would like to find a way to get only one of the items on to a new spreadsheet, because they are duplicate records in my eyes. The Advanced filter does not work because each record is unique. Can anyone help? in the dialog for the advanced filter, make sure only the ID column is referenced "steph44haf" wrote: > My data looks like the following: > > ID Type Amt > 1234 ...

multiple business cards on same page with logo and information ch. #2
looking for info on how to make myself some price cards, they are the same size as a business card with logos and information change. How can I have my publisher show me a full page of same business cards(multiple) that I just edit and change price and iten information? Thanks I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this one out. Mail merge the data but the print preview will NOT show you 30 different cards. It will only show one. (Hint: Make sure you print on plain paper before printing on card stock.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fayzer" <fayzer...

importing activity records and linking to account, contact, and op
Anyone can help me on importing phone call, appointment and task records and link to account, contact and opprotunity records. While I was successful in importing account, contact and opportunity records into CRM4 with proper links. I am having difficulty with acitivity records and link to appropriate account, contact and opportunity records. I've got all the phone call, appointment and tasks records into CRM but only partial records are linking to account, contact, and opportunity records via update of regardingobjectid. How does activitypointer table factor into this? Apprec...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

cant install ms money 2004 small business
i am already logged in as admin. i can't install money 2004 sb. i already have ms money 2004 standard. can't uninstall that either! When i try to uninstall it gives me an error: "this installation is forbidden by system policy, contact system administrator" When i try to install ms money 2004 sb: "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" please tell me what to do. Well, I can't tell you exactly what to do - you might need to ask in a windows group, but there could be a couple of things. Check that you don't have any ...

Having users modify theier GAL record
I would like to provide a web based solution for allowing my users to modify thier GAL infomration. Any suggestions? I heard that there is a web based version of GALMOD. Is this true? Does it allow the user to modify all the fileds that GALMODCA allows? Another question about GALMOD. I saw a message somewhere stating that you should not use it if you are running Outlook2k3 in chached mode. Why Not? Just curiouse on this one. So back to my original Q. Is there a decent, non-complicated, web based product that will let my users changed thier info? Thanks, Steve F. ...

Restoring Organizational Unit
Is there a way to recreate the Organizational Unit? It was accidentally deleted. I was upgrading from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 when it occurred. I had to rebuild my SQL Server 2000 and do have the db backups for the four CRM databases. Once I've restored them, I know need to rebuild the Organizaiton Unit that was deleted. Hence, this is my issue. Any ideas would be appreciated. unfortunatly there are no supported way of doing this. My first idea was to use the Redeployment manager but you need to know the GUIDs of the items in the old AD to make this work. Best regards, Ben...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Business Portal - Adding New User
When I click Add New User in Business Portal; I get the following exception [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.GetAllDomains() +71 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.BuildUserWizardHTML() +3013 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.CreateWizard() +22 ASP.businessportal_portal_administration_ac_userwizard_aspx.__Render__control1.... I have tried Repair and Uinstall/Reinstall, but error is same...Please...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

creating a new business card
Hello, I used Publisher 2003 for the first time today. I created a business card and all went well until I wanted to create another card. Each time the same information appeared. I exited, didn't save and to no avail... the same information inserted in every card. How can I get the original template box to appear so I can enter new information...thanks. -- Thanks, Trudy If you are using a template the information is Personal Information. You can delete the text boxes the information is appearing in or go to Edit, Personal Information and change the information. I'm not sure...

Changing View -- All Folders

OL98 start up view

How do I calculate a cost/benefit ratio for a business proposal?
Calculate the project cost and the benefit. Then, divide the first by the second. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <B84AAA43-02B1-41E3-AA8B-F145C1875895@microsoft.com>, Brad@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > ...

Calendar View?

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

Problem Importing data from excel to Outlook 2007 with Business Contact
I have been trying to import contacts from an excel spreadsheet to Business Manager Outlook 2007 and my attemps have been unsuccessful. I really would appreciate any help or tips on how to manage this operation. thanking you in advance. I got the following response in the Excel Newsgroup: so I thought I would the Outlook newsgroup. With your Contacts info in columns in Excel.................. > > Name.........Address..........emaoil.........whatever > > Save the workbook after giving your list a defined > name through Insert>Name>Define. > > Outlook likes that. ...

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...