View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units

I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 

Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
records ? 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 3:26:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

7 Replies
861 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your 
Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the 
Business Units and adjust the read or write permissions for different 
records. Users will need to be assigned a security role that has the 
appropriate permissions.

In the web client of CRM, go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security 
Roles. Choose the view that allows you to see the Business Unit roles in 
question. Open the particular role, CSR Manager, for example, and then click 
on the Core Records tab. Find the Contact entity on the left, and then take a 
look at the circles under each column next to it. There's a key on the bottom 
of this screen that shows what each circular symbol means. If you want this 
user to see Contacts in Business Units other than his own, put a solid green 
circle under the Read coumn. If you want the users with this role to see only 
Contacts in their own BU, give them a half-yellow circle in the Read column, 
and so forth...

Good luck!
-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Kishore" wrote:

> I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> 
> Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> records ? 
> 
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> 
> Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 5:40:02 PM
One more note: After adjusting and saving the security roles, your users will 
probably need to log out and log back in, in order to re-authenticate to the 
new privileges.
-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Kishore" wrote:

> I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> 
> Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> records ? 
> 
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> 
> Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 5:41:01 PM
Matt,

thanks a lot. I was looking in that area , the security roles picked-up by 
default my Parent Organization , however selection to change that to some 
other business unit has been greyed out. However when if I create a new 
secruity role I am able to pick-up any business unit I want but than I have 
to manually specify each control in each tab. 

I was hoping to copy the bulit-in roles and rename them and pick-up a 
business unit of my choice for that security role. Is this possible ? 

Thanks again for your reply, I see lots of your posts in this forum and have 
really gained a lot from them.

Kishore 

"MattNC" wrote:

> This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your 
> Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the 
> Business Units and adjust the read or write permissions for different 
> records. Users will need to be assigned a security role that has the 
> appropriate permissions.
> 
> In the web client of CRM, go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security 
> Roles. Choose the view that allows you to see the Business Unit roles in 
> question. Open the particular role, CSR Manager, for example, and then click 
> on the Core Records tab. Find the Contact entity on the left, and then take a 
> look at the circles under each column next to it. There's a key on the bottom 
> of this screen that shows what each circular symbol means. If you want this 
> user to see Contacts in Business Units other than his own, put a solid green 
> circle under the Read coumn. If you want the users with this role to see only 
> Contacts in their own BU, give them a half-yellow circle in the Read column, 
> and so forth...
> 
> Good luck!
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Kishore" wrote:
> 
> > I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> > Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> > their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> > 
> > Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> > one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> > records ? 
> > 
> > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > 
> > Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 5:53:02 PM
Thanks Kishore. Does your user account have CRM System Administrator 
privileges for the top-level Business Unit?
-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Kishore" wrote:

> Matt,
> 
> thanks a lot. I was looking in that area , the security roles picked-up by 
> default my Parent Organization , however selection to change that to some 
> other business unit has been greyed out. However when if I create a new 
> secruity role I am able to pick-up any business unit I want but than I have 
> to manually specify each control in each tab. 
> 
> I was hoping to copy the bulit-in roles and rename them and pick-up a 
> business unit of my choice for that security role. Is this possible ? 
> 
> Thanks again for your reply, I see lots of your posts in this forum and have 
> really gained a lot from them.
> 
> Kishore 
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your 
> > Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the 
> > Business Units and adjust the read or write permissions for different 
> > records. Users will need to be assigned a security role that has the 
> > appropriate permissions.
> > 
> > In the web client of CRM, go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security 
> > Roles. Choose the view that allows you to see the Business Unit roles in 
> > question. Open the particular role, CSR Manager, for example, and then click 
> > on the Core Records tab. Find the Contact entity on the left, and then take a 
> > look at the circles under each column next to it. There's a key on the bottom 
> > of this screen that shows what each circular symbol means. If you want this 
> > user to see Contacts in Business Units other than his own, put a solid green 
> > circle under the Read coumn. If you want the users with this role to see only 
> > Contacts in their own BU, give them a half-yellow circle in the Read column, 
> > and so forth...
> > 
> > Good luck!
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Kishore" wrote:
> > 
> > > I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> > > Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> > > their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> > > 
> > > Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> > > one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> > > records ? 
> > > 
> > > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > > 
> > > Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 5:57:02 PM
yes, it does. 

"MattNC" wrote:

> Thanks Kishore. Does your user account have CRM System Administrator 
> privileges for the top-level Business Unit?
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Kishore" wrote:
> 
> > Matt,
> > 
> > thanks a lot. I was looking in that area , the security roles picked-up by 
> > default my Parent Organization , however selection to change that to some 
> > other business unit has been greyed out. However when if I create a new 
> > secruity role I am able to pick-up any business unit I want but than I have 
> > to manually specify each control in each tab. 
> > 
> > I was hoping to copy the bulit-in roles and rename them and pick-up a 
> > business unit of my choice for that security role. Is this possible ? 
> > 
> > Thanks again for your reply, I see lots of your posts in this forum and have 
> > really gained a lot from them.
> > 
> > Kishore 
> > 
> > "MattNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your 
> > > Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the 
> > > Business Units and adjust the read or write permissions for different 
> > > records. Users will need to be assigned a security role that has the 
> > > appropriate permissions.
> > > 
> > > In the web client of CRM, go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security 
> > > Roles. Choose the view that allows you to see the Business Unit roles in 
> > > question. Open the particular role, CSR Manager, for example, and then click 
> > > on the Core Records tab. Find the Contact entity on the left, and then take a 
> > > look at the circles under each column next to it. There's a key on the bottom 
> > > of this screen that shows what each circular symbol means. If you want this 
> > > user to see Contacts in Business Units other than his own, put a solid green 
> > > circle under the Read coumn. If you want the users with this role to see only 
> > > Contacts in their own BU, give them a half-yellow circle in the Read column, 
> > > and so forth...
> > > 
> > > Good luck!
> > > -- 
> > > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Kishore" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> > > > Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> > > > their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> > > > 
> > > > Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> > > > one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> > > > records ? 
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > > > 
> > > > Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 6:04:02 PM
I think I know what you are doing. It sounds like you have opened a security 
role and are looking at the form where it tells you the Role Name and 
Business Unit. You need to go back to the grid view (the list) of security 
roles. On the top right of the screen is a view drop-down. This is where you 
select the different BU in order to see the security roles that belong to it.

Security Roles are separate for each BU. When you create a child BU, the 
parent's security roles are copied down to it. But if you make a change on 
one of the parent's security roles, those changes are not propagated down to 
the child business unit. In fact, you can have entirely different security 
roles and privileges by Business Unit.

Hope this helps. Let me know.
-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Kishore" wrote:

> yes, it does. 
> 
> "MattNC" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks Kishore. Does your user account have CRM System Administrator 
> > privileges for the top-level Business Unit?
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Kishore" wrote:
> > 
> > > Matt,
> > > 
> > > thanks a lot. I was looking in that area , the security roles picked-up by 
> > > default my Parent Organization , however selection to change that to some 
> > > other business unit has been greyed out. However when if I create a new 
> > > secruity role I am able to pick-up any business unit I want but than I have 
> > > to manually specify each control in each tab. 
> > > 
> > > I was hoping to copy the bulit-in roles and rename them and pick-up a 
> > > business unit of my choice for that security role. Is this possible ? 
> > > 
> > > Thanks again for your reply, I see lots of your posts in this forum and have 
> > > really gained a lot from them.
> > > 
> > > Kishore 
> > > 
> > > "MattNC" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your 
> > > > Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the 
> > > > Business Units and adjust the read or write permissions for different 
> > > > records. Users will need to be assigned a security role that has the 
> > > > appropriate permissions.
> > > > 
> > > > In the web client of CRM, go to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Security 
> > > > Roles. Choose the view that allows you to see the Business Unit roles in 
> > > > question. Open the particular role, CSR Manager, for example, and then click 
> > > > on the Core Records tab. Find the Contact entity on the left, and then take a 
> > > > look at the circles under each column next to it. There's a key on the bottom 
> > > > of this screen that shows what each circular symbol means. If you want this 
> > > > user to see Contacts in Business Units other than his own, put a solid green 
> > > > circle under the Read coumn. If you want the users with this role to see only 
> > > > Contacts in their own BU, give them a half-yellow circle in the Read column, 
> > > > and so forth...
> > > > 
> > > > Good luck!
> > > > -- 
> > > > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > > > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Kishore" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> > > > > Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> > > > > their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> > > > > 
> > > > > Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> > > > > one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> > > > > records ? 
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Kishore 
0
Utf
5/11/2006 6:26:02 PM
Matt,
In reading this post I found have a similar problems.
I have built a linking table entity to link from the 'Contact' to a 
'Product' I've created and the user is able to see Contacts in this linking 
table that they shouldn't.
I've edited the top BU security role, and even created a lower BU role - 
both that limit the user's access, and yet he is still able to view the 
entire organization's Contacts on this linking table (but not the contacts 
info).
Any hints on this?
My user is able to see either nothing, or everything - I'm not getting it.
Hope you can help.
Jonathan




"MattNC" wrote:

> One more note: After adjusting and saving the security roles, your users will 
> probably need to log out and log back in, in order to re-authenticate to the 
> new privileges.
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Kishore" wrote:
> 
> > I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business 
> > Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only 
> > their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? 
> > 
> > Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the 
> > one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's 
> > records ? 
> > 
> > Thanks in advance for any help,
> > 
> > Kishore 
0
jonathan1 (95)
10/5/2009 7:23:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

multiple business cards on same page with logo and information ch. #2
looking for info on how to make myself some price cards, they are the same size as a business card with logos and information change. How can I have my publisher show me a full page of same business cards(multiple) that I just edit and change price and iten information? Thanks I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this one out. Mail merge the data but the print preview will NOT show you 30 different cards. It will only show one. (Hint: Make sure you print on plain paper before printing on card stock.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fayzer" <fayzer...

Access to mail boxes
Hi all We run an exchange 2000 server in an win 2000 exvironment. I've been asked to see if an Administrator has been using his rights to access other peoples mailboxs, does anyone know of a way I can monitor weather an administrator has been or has access to another users mailbox w ...

Access violation when hook is installed; after WM_NCDESTROY of SysShadow window
I am setting a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook for the current thread using SetWindowsHookEx. When interacting with the file open/save dialogs of applications, I get a 'access violation' whenever a tooltip is about to be destroyed. The tooltip is associate with a shadow window having class name 'SysShadow' ; this window receives the WM_NCDESTROY message. My hook receives all messages upto this point. However, the crash occurs next ...... First-chance exception at 0x77d4e63b in notepad.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. Unhandled exception at 0x77d4e63b in...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing
I am using win XP and Office 2002. When I receive messages with html format i can only see the url's and not the pictures. I have checked all the settings, I have the box in options/mail format/internet settings/html format checked to receive pictures and still just the url. I runn norton and zone alarm but can't see any settings in these that would restrict the downloading of pictures. Any thoughts? What are your IE settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual...

the webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
We have an internal web interface for our helpdesk system. When we finish working with a "call" it attempts to unlock the call and we get the message as above. More often than not, we need to say YES to the message. Any ideas how to get it to not appear? -- Keithmeister Hi, Which security zone does the page/popup load into? Hint: Is IE configured to automatically detect sites in the Intranet zone? What 'call' software are you using? Have you attempted to contact the vendor? Regards. "Keithmeister" <Keithmeister@discussions.microsoft.co...

Restoring Organizational Unit
Is there a way to recreate the Organizational Unit? It was accidentally deleted. I was upgrading from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 when it occurred. I had to rebuild my SQL Server 2000 and do have the db backups for the four CRM databases. Once I've restored them, I know need to rebuild the Organizaiton Unit that was deleted. Hence, this is my issue. Any ideas would be appreciated. unfortunatly there are no supported way of doing this. My first idea was to use the Redeployment manager but you need to know the GUIDs of the items in the old AD to make this work. Best regards, Ben...

Using custom document peroperties to creat views in Public Folders
How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 but I am unable to. Please assist. The article I came across was http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010549541033.aspx However this only appears to work for 2000 not 2007. Hopefully someone can help. "Whoadieson" wrote: > How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I > came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 > but I am unable t...

Outlook Web Access #46
I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". We are using Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. I recently uninstalled Surf Control e-mail filter. I believe this uninstalled or coruppted files that exchange uses. When I go into Exchange Admin MMC, the snap ins for IMAP4, NNTP, POP3, and SMTP do not open. Any one know where the .dll are for these snap ins so I can reinstall them from the exchange server CD? Thanks, Bruce Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Interna...

Bank Transfer " Access to CheckBook denied"
I have quite a strange problem. I have a user who is failing to Transfer funds from one CheckBook to another. Under Bank Transfer Entry Window when the user tries to select a CHECK BOOK ID he receives a message that he does not have access to CheckBook. But the funny thing is that the user has been granted access to the CHECK BOOK under CHECK BOOK Acess. And I checked his status in the Check Book table and its set to 1. I have refreshed security permissions for the user under Advanced Security for forms,reports and smarlist for the Cashbook Model. Any ideas where I should start lookin...

Filter a Report Using a Form's Filter
Hi, i'm working on a payroll program so i want to filter a report by building a form filter by month ,city,site but i want to know how i can set the properties of the form step by step !! Is this a form or report question? Do you have any field names you can share? Do you understand that your first step might be to create some combo boxes that allow you to select a Month, City, and State? If you have combo boxes, they should be given names like: cboMonth, cboCity,.... -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "amr" wrote: > Hi, > i'm working ...

Excel simple stock control
I am a service engineer, and i'm looking to use excel to manage my stock better I have tried a few things and it's all manually input/edited I would like to know if it's possibale to use VB, to auto manage these levels IE, 1 box asks for the part number 2nd asks you how many 3rd/4th boxes are "+", "-" When + or - is pressed the part number will automatically add's/subtracts that part level. Say.. I had 10x abcde's I enter 2 in "How Many", then press "-" it will then adjust the level from 10 to 8 My excel sheet would have parts...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

m_pDocument Doc/View unique id for each view
I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and separately for each view. So when when I click on view one I track that in a separate place than view two. I there a unique id or index for each view? Something like m_pDocument->ID? Thank you, Joshua <jtfaulk@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:1111085780.370621.117620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the > view portion I need to track the actions taken...

View Webpage
How can i view a HTML page in Excel, it should also be automatically update in 60 seconds. Is this possible? Please note that, that page contains images That webpage is on our intranet website. Regards, Murtaza Though I am not certain this is exactly what you are looking for, try the following: Data, Import External Data, then New Web Query... In the dialog box that appears, browse the site. You will notice that at certain areas of the page you will see an arrow. Just click the ones that you want to import. Click import. Select the cell you want to import the data into and click OK. Hope...

Access not enforcing referential integrity!!!
Howdy. Using Acc 2007. Have two tables related one-to-many. Ref. integrity being enforced, without any cascading updates or deletes. Data in both tables. Problem: I can add new records to the many-side table, without any value for the foreign key, and the new record is created without error or prompt from Access. I can do this both in the child table directly, and using a form/subform. On the other hand, if I create a new child record and enter a FK value that doesn't exist in the parent table, I get a message saying that a related record in the parent table is require...

Forms in two differant views
Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within the same Main Form. For example: Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and on the other a regular form view. -- Rose Hi Rose, Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put 'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet Alternatively you could use a checkbox If me.checkbox1 = 0 then Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet Else Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form End if me.repaint This should flick the form between datasheet and form views. HTH, Nick. "Rose" wrote: > Is there a way to use t...

How do I use Access 97 on a PC which has Access 2003, windows XP
I have a library of books catalogued o n Access 97 on a software prog using 97. I now have a new PC with XP and Access 2003 and cannot access programme or dat e though it is saved on PC. What do you mean that by "cannot access programme". How are you trying to use it? Just for the record, I have both Access 97 and Access 2003 installed on my Windows XP machine, and have no issues using both, even concurrently. A "problem" is that the file association for .MDB (and .MDE) files will be reset each time you use Access so that the most recently used version is what wil...

Business Portal - Adding New User
When I click Add New User in Business Portal; I get the following exception [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.GetAllDomains() +71 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.BuildUserWizardHTML() +3013 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.CreateWizard() +22 ASP.businessportal_portal_administration_ac_userwizard_aspx.__Render__control1.... I have tried Repair and Uinstall/Reinstall, but error is same...Please...

Forcing a view to be the active view
Hello! I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. How do I accomplish this? // Anders Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello! > > I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The > first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView > to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. > > How do I accomplish this? > > // Anders I'd ...

Bar Graph on Form (rectangle control code)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar graph when you print preview. I would like to do something very similar, show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and 1). In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property. I would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form. Hope that I can use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad...

Lists and filters
I would like to do the following: 1 - Allow a pre-set list of selectable values for a column of data - I'm using the validation process so that is working. 2 - At the header level for this column of data, I'd like to be able display selected values in this column, e.g., all rows with a value of "apple" in this column. The filter works but I can't get it to work on multiple columns. The list isn't working either. Ideas? Paul C. Peterson ...

Coustom view
Hi, I have been given a new work station and for some reason my custom view is not highlighted and is not working. I don't think it is as add-in feature. Excel heip has not been of any (help). Does someone know how to enable this feature? Thanks, Michael Michael Custom Views will be disabled if you have more than one sheet selected. Do you see [group] behind the filename on title bar? If so, right-click on a tab and "ungroup sheets". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:28:03 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

access out of memory
I have loaded office 97 onto new computer with xp prof. When trying to load access97 I get an out of memory message. I'm not out of memory,apart from in real life. Any advice or fixes? Cheers ...

creating a new business card
Hello, I used Publisher 2003 for the first time today. I created a business card and all went well until I wanted to create another card. Each time the same information appeared. I exited, didn't save and to no avail... the same information inserted in every card. How can I get the original template box to appear so I can enter new information...thanks. -- Thanks, Trudy If you are using a template the information is Personal Information. You can delete the text boxes the information is appearing in or go to Edit, Personal Information and change the information. I'm not sure...

OL98 start up view
I recently had to reinstall my WInXP and now my OL98 has a couple of issues I'd like to fix. I've set up my mail account (with POP3 and SMTP servers) but when I try to use it I get a message saying that internet mail is not registered properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Also, I used to start up OL98 so that the first view was not Outlook Today. How do I change that? I guess I can't remember how to do things that I only do once every three years. Thanks for any suggestions! John Keith kd0gd@juno.com John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You might want to have a look at this MS KB ...