View Editor / View Manager view GUIDs

I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. 
In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization 
UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group 
to do it which is using this url:

http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>}

My questions are:
1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view?
2. Where do I find a complete list of these views?

This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of 
this list:

   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes

I know that it is not supported and that it might be broken by CRM 2005 but 
I need to do it for now anyways.

Thanks,
Aslam
0
Utf
11/24/2004 12:19:03 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
818 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Actually, that view is editable.  The same view is used for all "associated"
view for an object.  So, if you edit the Contact object and modify it's
associated view, you have done what you want.s

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:19:03 -0800, Aslam Nathoo
<AslamNathoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. 
In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization 
UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group 
to do it which is using this url:

http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>}

My questions are:
1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view?
2. Where do I find a complete list of these views?

This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of 
this list:

   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes

I know that it is not supported and that it might be broken by CRM 2005 but 
I need to do it for now anyways.

Thanks,
Aslam

0
Matt
11/25/2004 2:53:40 AM
Thank you. That worked great!!

Just as an FYI for anyone else searching this group later, here is a 
compiled list of view GUIDs:

   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
   00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts


"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Actually, that view is editable.  The same view is used for all "associated"
> view for an object.  So, if you edit the Contact object and modify it's
> associated view, you have done what you want.s
> 
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
> 
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:19:03 -0800, Aslam Nathoo
> <AslamNathoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. 
> In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization 
> UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group 
> to do it which is using this url:
> 
> http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>}
> 
> My questions are:
> 1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view?
> 2. Where do I find a complete list of these views?
> 
> This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of 
> this list:
> 
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
> 
> I know that it is not supported and that it might be broken by CRM 2005 but 
> I need to do it for now anyways.
> 
> Thanks,
> Aslam
> 
> 
0
Utf
11/25/2004 5:41:05 PM
This is great!

Do you have any idea if I can change the view of my Queues?

Thanks,

Valerie

"Aslam Nathoo" wrote:

> Thank you. That worked great!!
> 
> Just as an FYI for anyone else searching this group later, here is a 
> compiled list of view GUIDs:
> 
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001203   Associated View Opportunities
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001204   Articles
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001205   Associated View: Teams
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001206   Associated View: Competitors
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001207   Associated View: Business Units
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001208   Associated View: Roles
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209   Articles - Manage KB Search
>    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001210   Associated View: Contacts
> 
> 
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
> 
> > Actually, that view is editable.  The same view is used for all "associated"
> > view for an object.  So, if you edit the Contact object and modify it's
> > associated view, you have done what you want.s
> > 
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------
> > ----------------------------------------
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:19:03 -0800, Aslam Nathoo
> > <AslamNathoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > 
> > I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. 
> > In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization 
> > UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group 
> > to do it which is using this url:
> > 
> > http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>}
> > 
> > My questions are:
> > 1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view?
> > 2. Where do I find a complete list of these views?
> > 
> > This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of 
> > this list:
> > 
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899   My Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001900   Open Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001901   Closed Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902   All Activities
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903   Activities Associated View
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001911   Homepage
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001951   Sales Process Activities Subgrid
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000000666100   Activities Advanced Find View
> >    00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010002000   Associated View: Notes
> > 
> > I know that it is not supported and that it might be broken by CRM 2005 but 
> > I need to do it for now anyways.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > Aslam
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
11/24/2005 9:46:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Mail Messages HTML Viewing
I am using win XP and Office 2002. When I receive messages with html format i can only see the url's and not the pictures. I have checked all the settings, I have the box in options/mail format/internet settings/html format checked to receive pictures and still just the url. I runn norton and zone alarm but can't see any settings in these that would restrict the downloading of pictures. Any thoughts? What are your IE settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual...

the webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
We have an internal web interface for our helpdesk system. When we finish working with a "call" it attempts to unlock the call and we get the message as above. More often than not, we need to say YES to the message. Any ideas how to get it to not appear? -- Keithmeister Hi, Which security zone does the page/popup load into? Hint: Is IE configured to automatically detect sites in the Intranet zone? What 'call' software are you using? Have you attempted to contact the vendor? Regards. "Keithmeister" <Keithmeister@discussions.microsoft.co...

Intregation Manager is greyed out
Hi, I've installed great plains 9 and integration manager and for some reason the user cannot access integration manager for one of our companies. It must have something to do with security, but I can't figure out how to add access to Integration Manager. Can anyone help. Thanks. Joy: The security access is under Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Type: Microsoft Dynamics GP Import, Series: Integration Site Enabler. "Joy_McDerment" wrote: > Hi, > > I've installed great plains 9 and integration manager and for some reason > the user cannot access i...

Deployment manager 02-03-05
Hi, On one of our installs, we are having an issue with opening the deployment manager to apply liscences. I have made the CRM Security service dependent on the SQL service but still doesn't want to open. ERROR MSG: Snap-in Failed to Initialise, MMC error. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks, Nathan Did you first go into the web client to assign a license to your admin user? Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:49:03 -0800, "Nathan Warner" <NathanWarner@discussions...

Using custom document peroperties to creat views in Public Folders
How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 but I am unable to. Please assist. The article I came across was http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010549541033.aspx However this only appears to work for 2000 not 2007. Hopefully someone can help. "Whoadieson" wrote: > How do I use custom document properties to create views in public folders? I > came across an article for Outlook 2000. I tried doing this for Outlook 2007 > but I am unable t...

m_pDocument Doc/View unique id for each view
I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and separately for each view. So when when I click on view one I track that in a separate place than view two. I there a unique id or index for each view? Something like m_pDocument->ID? Thank you, Joshua <jtfaulk@eudoramail.com> wrote in message news:1111085780.370621.117620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view. While I'm in the > view portion I need to track the actions taken...

Xml error: Namespace Manager or Xslt context needed.This query has
I am using VB.Net. My program is to connect to a remote IPAddress. Once, it verifies the login information it should display the SessionID and enable some button . I appreciate your help and thanku in advance When I run the pgm , I get the error: Can't parse login information. Namespace Manager or XsltContext needed. This query has a prefix, variable or userdefined function. I have added the Try-catch in all my functions. In ParseLoginResponse function, it catches the above exception. I am inclding all the functions I am using below: Private Function SendXmlRequest(ByRef xml As St...

Mailbox management Deail report data
I find that the output of the mailbox management detail reporting has a little too much detail for my liking. I would like to see a list of the folders containing old/big mail. I really don't care about all of the folders with no items that qualify for my criteria. Is there any way to get at that information that does not involve me parsing the text report? The data is there. It's just not in a very usable form. It a perfect world I'd love to use crystal reports to query exchange and do some of my own reporting. Got any ideas? -Steve ...

View Webpage
How can i view a HTML page in Excel, it should also be automatically update in 60 seconds. Is this possible? Please note that, that page contains images That webpage is on our intranet website. Regards, Murtaza Though I am not certain this is exactly what you are looking for, try the following: Data, Import External Data, then New Web Query... In the dialog box that appears, browse the site. You will notice that at certain areas of the page you will see an arrow. Just click the ones that you want to import. Click import. Select the cell you want to import the data into and click OK. Hope...

Forms in two differant views
Is there a way to use the same sub form showing two differant views within the same Main Form. For example: Can I show on one tab a datasheet view and on the other a regular form view. -- Rose Hi Rose, Create a button on your form and under the "OnClick" event put 'Me.DefaultView = Datasheet Alternatively you could use a checkbox If me.checkbox1 = 0 then Me.DefaultView = 2 ' Datasheet Else Me.DefaultView = 0 'Single Form End if me.repaint This should flick the form between datasheet and form views. HTH, Nick. "Rose" wrote: > Is there a way to use t...

Forcing a view to be the active view
Hello! I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. How do I accomplish this? // Anders Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello! > > I have an SDI application that has a splitter window with two views. The > first view is an CFormView and the second is a CView. I want the CFormView > to always be the Active view. Even if the user selects the CView. > > How do I accomplish this? > > // Anders I'd ...

Coustom view
Hi, I have been given a new work station and for some reason my custom view is not highlighted and is not working. I don't think it is as add-in feature. Excel heip has not been of any (help). Does someone know how to enable this feature? Thanks, Michael Michael Custom Views will be disabled if you have more than one sheet selected. Do you see [group] behind the filename on title bar? If so, right-click on a tab and "ungroup sheets". Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:28:03 -0800, "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Changing View -- All Folders
Using Outlook 2007, Windows XP Pro. I have dozens of mail folders in Outllook. I would like to change the view (to the right of the folder tree) on all folders. There seems to be no apparent way to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Ross See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

OL98 start up view
I recently had to reinstall my WInXP and now my OL98 has a couple of issues I'd like to fix. I've set up my mail account (with POP3 and SMTP servers) but when I try to use it I get a message saying that internet mail is not registered properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Also, I used to start up OL98 so that the first view was not Outlook Today. How do I change that? I guess I can't remember how to do things that I only do once every three years. Thanks for any suggestions! John Keith kd0gd@juno.com John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You might want to have a look at this MS KB ...

Calendar View?
Outlook 2000. This seems like a dumb question but in the monthly calendar view how do I get it to show a regular standard Sun-Sat week with equal weight for each day (Sat & Sun the same size boxes as the rest of the week).. Thanks... Bob right click on the calendar and choose Other settings. Uncheck the option to compress weekend days. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.ne...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

External editor for composing messages?
Hi all, Is there a way to use an external editor for composing messages in Outlook? I'm not talking about Word here, but an arbitrary program - in my case XEmacs. Johan No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Johan Parin asked: | Hi all, | | Is there a way to use an external editor for composing messages in | Outlook? I'm not talking about Word here, but an arbitrary pr...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Integration Manager
I'm trying to integrate transaction data into Great Plains thru integration manager. Is there any way to have multiple destinations for the same source data. For instance, I want to capture transaction data in a GP WORK table as well as a custom table. The only solution I can think of is to write two integrtions using the same source data, but declaring a single destination in each integration. If this is the route I have to take - does anyone know how to write the execute statement that I could attach to the end of the first integration that would launch the second integration? Thank...

@@VERSION Gives Different Info Than Enterprise Manager (SQL 2000)
Hello, We have a server running SQL Server 2000 running on Windows Server 2003 R2. When I run "select @@version" in Query Analyzer, I get the following output: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2055 (Intel X86) Dec 16 2008 19:46:53 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) However, when I right-click on the server in Enterprise Manager and choose "Properties", it shows: Product: SQL Server Standard Edition Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT - 5.2 (3790) Product version: 8.00...

Information Systems Manager
How do you get access The Compare and Merge Documents in Excel if it is grayed out. -- ljohn21752 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ljohn21752's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395171 John, The compare and merge feature, I believe, is used only on a "shared" workbook. I don't make use of shared workbooks because some functionality I use alot is not available in shared workbooks. That being said many people convert the...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...

Account Views Order
Is there any way of manually setting the order in which views are displayed in the drop down box for Accounts? We've created a number of similar views all starting with the word "account" followed by a username (eg: Account - Joe Bloggs etc..) and ideally want them displayed in the list together alphabetically but at the moment they're all mixed in with other views in no logical order. It's not a major problem but would make the system more user friendly if we could have all these views together in the list, is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry Steve, That view lis...