VAT

Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Martin,

There is no automatic VAT calculation in CRM. You can either do a
calculation using Javascript on the quote/order/invoice form or do a line
item calculation on quote/order/invoice which will feed into the total tax
line on the relevant entity.

Hope this helps.
--
Peter Clements
Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional

"Martin" wrote:

> Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM?
I'm struggling with this currently.
I've got as far as a VAT picklist field and hope to have an onchange event
on that that then calculates the appropriate VAT rate and ripples through he
updates to the VAT field and the total field. But being new to Javascript
it's a nightmare.
To discover my picklist results aren't numbers but text and having to deal
with that!

So if anyone has a nice little bit of Javascript already done for the job
with nice in body comments I'm sure there would be some grateful folk here
happy to thank you for it!

"PeteClements" <peter.clements@capgemini.co.uk.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi Martin,
>
> There is no automatic VAT calculation in CRM. You can either do a
> calculation using Javascript on the quote/order/invoice form or do a line
> item calculation on quote/order/invoice which will feed into the total tax
> line on the relevant entity.
>
> Hope this helps.
> --
> Peter Clements
> Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional
> Capgemini UK
>

> "Martin" wrote:
>
>> Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM?

0
Pat
10/25/2007 11:45:44 AM
Hi,

This might help:

//Assuming  UK and on line item page and utilising the onchange event for
the new_vatapplies field.

if crmForm.all.new_vatpplies.DataValue == 1;
{
var value = crmForm.all.baseamount.DataValue;
//this doesn't deal with discounts
var vat = 1.175;
var vatfield = crmForm.all.tax.DataValue;
vatfield = value * vat;
}
If you need to check what has been selected from the picklist then you need
to understand the switch and case statement. You can use the numbers for this
not the text values.

The tax values will feed through from the line items through to the total
tax field on the quote. Think also about how to get this through to the order
and order line item entity.

HTH
--

"Pat Horridge" wrote:

> I'm struggling with this currently.
> I've got as far as a VAT picklist field and hope to have an onchange event
> on that that then calculates the appropriate VAT rate and ripples through he
> updates to the VAT field and the total field. But being new to Javascript
> it's a nightmare.
> To discover my picklist results aren't numbers but text and having to deal
> with that!
>
> So if anyone has a nice little bit of Javascript already done for the job
> with nice in body comments I'm sure there would be some grateful folk here
> happy to thank you for it!
>

> "PeteClements" <peter.clements@capgemini.co.uk.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > There is no automatic VAT calculation in CRM. You can either do a
> > calculation using Javascript on the quote/order/invoice form or do a line
> > item calculation on quote/order/invoice which will feed into the total tax
> > line on the relevant entity.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> > --
> > Peter Clements
> > Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional
> > Capgemini UK
> >

> > "Martin" wrote:
> >
> >> Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM?

VAT Receipt
Hi I am looking for a receipt that details Total Taxable amount by Tax code this is for customers claiming vat back on goods bought Thanks rsn ...

VAT
I have forgotten what formula to insert in a cell for the calculation of VAT on the total of three previous columns any help please would be appreciated. Assuming that the 3 columns each represent the net amount, and each amount is subject to the standard rate of VAT in the UK =ROUNDDOWN(SUM($A1:$C1)*0.175,2) If however the facts are as above but the amounts in the column are VAT inclusive, then the VAT would be =ROUNDDOWN(SUM($A1:$C1)*(7/47),2) If there are zero-rated, reduced rate, exempt or outside-the-scope supplies, or if the supplies are subject to a rate of VAT applicable in ano...

VAT
Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM? Hi Martin, There is no automatic VAT calculation in CRM. You can either do a calculation using Javascript on the quote/order/invoice form or do a line item calculation on quote/order/invoice which will feed into the total tax line on the relevant entity. Hope this helps. -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Martin" wrote: > Where do you fill in VAT in Microsoft CRM? I'm struggling with this currently. I've got as far as a VAT picklist field and hope to have an onchange event on ...

Money 2004 & VAT
Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or sales Tax? Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, premium, small business?) Best Regards John I think you'd need to enable VAT tracking (at least that is what I did in M2000 standard) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b51801c45012$0b13b1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or > sales Tax? > Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, > premium, small business?) > > Best Regards > John If the standard versi...

Mixed VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive with one HQ?
Hi... We have a rollout with about 30 shops and 2 warehouses... (in the UK) The shops are retail and therefore we want to set Store Ops to be VAT inclusive. The Warehouses operate wholesale and therefore we want to set the those stores to be VAT exclusive. Is anyone doing this already? Are there any issues? We are having a VERY tough time getting a straight yes/no answer or examples from both Microsoft and some long time RMS partners. Does anyone know if it's possible with one HQ to run mixed inc/exc VAT without issue? Many thanks. Mark. ...

vat exclusive and vat inclusive on receipt?
Hi can anyone advise me is this possible to have on the A4 receipt price without vat just beside item desc and then vat inc. price.... something like: Item Lookup | Description | Quantity | Price(ex. vat) |Price (Inc. vat) 1234 Doll 2 100,00 121,50 1234 Car 1 200,00 242,00 1234 Plane 3 100,00 ........ etc... I was looking for this, but it looks like there is no field in database where price ex. vat is kept......

Default VAT Daybook report on VAT Column Viewer window not set
How can I solve this prompt message? Thanks, Alexis Hello Alexis, The reason for this message is that not set the ‘Default On VAT Viewer’ to any of the Report ID’s defined in VAT Daybook. To resolve this Go to Cards >> Company >> VAT Daybook Reports, choose the Report ID used by your company. Check on Default On VAT Viewer check box. (If you mark the default on VAT Viewer, the Report ID you’ve selected will be the default ID on the VAT Column Viewer in all transaction entry windows and in the VAT Daybook Report Options window.) Nilesh Thakkar Microsoft Dynamics GP Lead P...

VAT 100 Report (VAT Return) Password Protect
Hi All Does anyone have any idea how to remove the System Password requirement from the VAT 100 report? At the moment the system requires you to enter the password when calculating the values. This is a big security risk for us as we do not necessarily want the person who runs the VAT report to have the system password, but can't find anywhere to remove the requirement. Any help gratefully received! Thanks ...

VAT Return - Missing entries in 'VAT Return Detail
Creating first VAT Return Reports since upgrading to version 10 and having problems. Total Value of Purchases on VAT Return Summary report is correct. The VAT return Detail report misses some entries and therefore Net Amounts do not add up to the Total Value of Purchases on the summary as it should do. The missing entries appear to be from documents with more that one tax detail id allocated to the transaction (i.e part 0% VAT rated and part standard VAT rated). Has anybody seen this before? ...

VAT Setup
Hi there, I'm setting up a small business and thinking of using Money (as I have been using Money for my household accounts). But the challenge there is to set VAT (or GST in New Zealand), automatic. How do I set this up in Money? (First of all, my Money is Money 2000). Many thanks Pepelepiu. =?Utf-8?B?UGVwZWxlcGl1?= <Pepelepiu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 23 Feb 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > Hi there, I'm setting up a small business and thinking of using Money > (as I have been using Money for my household accounts). But the > challenge there...

VAT help
the vat reports are not calculating the vat so the reports dont tel me nothing. Also there is not vat rate entered how do you do this Turn on VAT in tools->options->categories Then, turn it on for the accounts you want VAT in the account details. Finally, enter VAT rates in the categories you are tracking VAT in. You'll find that new transactions allow you to put in VAT and reports should generate information -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishe...

Project accounting
I have a query raised by one of my customers in relation to the vat 100 report. In quarter 1 this year (Nov 08 – Jan 09) , the Tax return exception report – General Ledger displayed billing transactions that refer to bills generated for external jobs in the project accounting module. These 3 entries also appear in the standard sales tax detail report. This resulted in my customer mistakenly repaying these amounts twice. Anyone any ideas why these transactions should be reported twice Jean -- JB Should have said this is in V10 Jean -- JB "JB" wrote: > I have a query ra...

Where can I find a VAT book keeping template?
Help! I want to do my VAT for the year in excel but I cant be bothered to make a template. Any Ideas where I can get one, checked templates online but couldnt see any suitable! ...

Money 2005-GST/VAT
On the back of the International English Money 2005 Std box that I read, it says M05 Std tracks GST/VAT. Does the GST tracking support mentioned on the box refer to the Australian, Canadian or New Zealand GST? "Goods and Services Tax, introduced in Australia from 1 July 2000 to replace a series of previous indirect tax measures"-Money help file ...

VAT set up
I do not see the option Enable VAT returns in the Company Set Up. Is it only available in Advanced set ups? -- Doug T Doug, did you look under the Options button in the Company Setup window? Are you on GP Standard or GP Professional? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank, We are running Version 10.00.0774 Professional Yes, I am in the Options tab under Tools>Setup>Company>Company I see the option in Companies set up with Version 9.0 just not any that we set up with version 10.0 Could it be in a different place? -- Doug T "...

Need to subtract vat from gross amount.
Hi, I have created a calculator in excel for the purpose of quickl checking whether people who have employed us as a subcontractor hav deducted the correct amount of cis tax, but there is one thing i can get quite right. I want to be able to enter the gross amount in the top cell, and hav excel show me in the cell below what the original net amount of ou invoice was. For example: We did a contract for �400. The vat added took this up to �470. I want to be able to type in �470 in the top cell and excel will sho �400 in the cell below. I did discover that i could do this by using this fo...

Change Calendar in VAT Daybook
A company was already setup for monthly VAT reports. Can I just change the VAT Calendar? Or is there already information stored in some table(s) in specific period columns? In other words, will I destroy valuable information if I change the calendar afterwards? No VAT report was run until now. ...

money 2000 VAT report
In money 2000 the VAT report amount is different to the amount calculated by inland revenue can this be fixed? are the periods the same ? are the percentage rates the same ? have you applied VAT to all taxable items and services ? "Gary W" <whitaker@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:eoLfb.6221$tv1.692597@news02.tsnz.net... > In money 2000 the VAT report amount is different to the amount calculated by > inland revenue can this be fixed? > > Hi Christopher Thanks for the reply Yes to all the questions "Christopher" <NOchristopher.lambspa...

VAT only invoice
Hi, Can you perhaps tell me how to raise an invoice in GP that only contains VAT i.e. Sales\Purch amount = £0, Tax Amount = £100, Document amount = £0 This is apparently for customs invoices. Thanks Neil ...

VAT Daybook
My company is running DYNAMICS-GP ver. 7.5 in a hosted environment. We have offices in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, and Asia. All users from all contries operate out of one GP company database. We are in the process of investigating solutions for VAT reporting. It appears that the GP VAT Daybook would meet our needs. However, I suspect our UK users would need to be running the UK DYNAMICS-GP dictionary to gain access to this functionality. Is it feasible to be running multiple dictionaries against the same DYNAMICS-GP company? -- John G. ...

VAT and Profit Margin in Item Price List
I need to add a column in the Item Price List report for profit margin. However, I am using VAT for taxation, so I need to figure out how to get Price-Tax to calculate it correctly. Has anyone found a report that does this or modified a report to show margins correctly when on a VAT system? It seems pretty deficient to not have a Profit Margin column in the standard Item Price List report, and there is no clear way to add the column because tax amount is not stored in the Item table. ...

UK VAT question
Can anyone tell me the formula to work the nett figure from a gross which included vat @ 17.5% TIA Net * 1.175 = Gross Net = Gross / 1.175 "lez" wrote: > Can anyone tell me the formula to work the nett figure from a gross which > included vat @ 17.5% > > TIA > > > Cheers thanks for that :-) "Barb Reinhardt" <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027111D3-282F-4A87-A884-BEF2B8FB7DE1@microsoft.com... > Net * 1.175 = Gross > Net = Gross / 1.175 > > > "lez" wrote: > >> Can a...

Bank Transactions
We are currently using Version 7.5 of Great Plains, and want to start processing our Bank Transaction through Financials. There is no option to input the tax amounts on the transaction screen, can anybody suggest an alternative. It does seem rather strange that you cannot enter tax amounts on this screen. Any help would be appreciated -- K.McConville ...

Vat formulas
I would like to be able to set up a template for my vat returns each month, using the correct formulas for total, standard and vat. Can you please help Hi Sandra With Vat rate in A1 as a percentage e.g 17.5% for Standard or 5% for Lower If you want to go from Gross figure to Net of VAT figure, then with Gross in B1 =B1/(1+A1) If you want to Know the amount of VAT contained within the Gross figure then =B1-(B1/(1+A1)) If you are going from Net of VAT figure to Gross, then =B1*(1+A1) -- Regards Roger Govier "Sandra" <Sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Charge Tax / VAT only on a % of item price
Hi All, I have an item where the vendor pays 60% of the tax therefore I only need to charge tax/VAT on 40% of the item price. Does anyone know if this is possible in RMS and if so how it's done? Any help would be great. Thanks a lot Matt ...