variable for current owner? (want to use to create new "My" view)

I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with
an additional filter criteria.  I want the results to vary by user.  So
instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in
MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active
Contacts in MA".  The results would be all active contacts in MA who are
owned by the current user.

How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria?

All help much appreciated!
-Sarah
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Contacts > New
View) click on the "Filter Criteria" link on the right. A window opens called
"Edit Filter Criteria." Under the Field, select "Owner" and under Condition,
select "Equals Current User." You can add whichever other filter criteria you
choose, such as State/Province > Equals > MA.
HTH
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Sarah B." wrote:

> I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with
> an additional filter criteria.  I want the results to vary by user.  So
> instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in
> MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active
> Contacts in MA".  The results would be all active contacts in MA who are
> owned by the current user.
>
> How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria?
>
> All help much appreciated!
> -Sarah
Great! I feel kind of dumb, I didn't realize those options were in there.
Anyway, Thanks for helping me out!
SB

"MattNC" wrote:

> In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Contacts > New
> View) click on the "Filter Criteria" link on the right. A window opens called
> "Edit Filter Criteria." Under the Field, select "Owner" and under Condition,
> select "Equals Current User." You can add whichever other filter criteria you
> choose, such as State/Province > Equals > MA.
> HTH
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Sarah B." wrote:
>
> > I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with
> > an additional filter criteria.  I want the results to vary by user.  So
> > instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in
> > MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active
> > Contacts in MA".  The results would be all active contacts in MA who are
> > owned by the current user.
> >
> > How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria?
> >
> > All help much appreciated!
> > -Sarah

why can't I use my own CA for a digital ID?
Using Outlook Express 6.0 as my Internet email client. According to this link: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010547821033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 I may only get digital IDs from Verisign, GlobalSign, BT, or Thawte. I created my own internal CA, so why can't I use that for a digital ID? -- You could, but anyone external to your agency/network wouldn't have a copy of your root CA on their machine. This alone would net the person an information dialog on asking whether or not the certificate should be trusted. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] D...

Help, I want my 3GB back
I am getting the following report from the SA: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2004-07-01 10:20:00 Stopped at: 2004-07-01 10:23:32 Mailboxes processed: 51 Messages that would be moved or deleted: 1392 Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 3869.47 MB My problem is how do I get back that 3.8 GB, it say messages that ‘would' be moved or deleted, what if I want to actually move and delete them? Sorry for the newbie question. I have set a policy for 7 day deleted item retention and have ...

HELP Office V.X dosen't recognize my current Office 2001
Can't get any of the software items to recognize the 2001 software. Installed 2001 from my back up drive after losing my MAC and software to thieves.... Help ...

I dont want to erase my messages on the server
I want to keep a copy of all my messages on the server and when I delete them from my windows mail it dissapears from my gmail account, how can I change that? Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "AlexMV" <AlexMV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6FDC7EA-F8A7-4819-8E38-F924A2B3F78D@microsoft.com... >I want to keep a copy of all my messages on the server and when I delete >them > from my windows ma...

Outlook Not Using My Contacts For Email
Hi All I just reinstalled WinXP and Outlook 2002. I re-imported my Personal Folder, and everything seemed OK, except that Outlook seems to not be finding some email addresses from my visible Contacts. Previously I had a similar problem where email addresses were fetched from another, old Contacts set from an older version of my Personal Folder. Somone here kindly showed me how to select the folder used for email addresses, but unfortunately that message (which I saved) seems to have disappeared during my OS re-install. Help! Thanks, Chris Go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View...

create MY OWN post card without getting a TEMPLATE
What menu do you use to get the proper margins for different size post cards, 4.25 x 5.5; 4 x 6; 5.5 x 8? I do not need a template. I will create my own design. First: THANK YOU FOR NOT USING A TEMPLATE!!!! I am so glad to see that at least one person is willing to start from scratch and use some creativity! Second: Page setup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ETB: Eloquence Through Basics" <ETB: Eloquence Through Basics@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:245CA31D-CFE9-4C...

how do i set up my own invoice and save to use whenever
i want to set up an invoice in excel ie: company name etc customer name +address invoice no quantity description rate total total vat grand total gatesand railings wrote: > i want to set up an invoice in excel ie: > company name > etc &g...

why I can not definition a variable in My Dll.
It's a dll support MFC INT __stdcall RemoterPrint() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) int kkkkkkkk=0; INT booklet1 = 1; INT Pages1 = 0; INT m_FileID = ::InitUMFFile(szFilePathName);//Insert Breakpoint; ........... } I found the value is as follows kkkkkkkk 18072928 booklet1 -858993460 Pages1 -858993460 why ???? I am really puzzled. I added someting in stdafx.h #include <queue> #include<stack> using namespace std; "zhang" <makefriend8@163.com> д����Ϣ����:u1SbT%23FbHHA.4656@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > It's a dll support MFC ...

mySession.Variable(1) question ?
Hello, I am setting a session variable within my code and then printing the session variable value on the receipt. Is their a trick or process I need to follow to make sure the session variable gets set correctly? I know that my receipt XML file is correct and working fine, it's like my session variable is not getting set correctly. I am just doing a mySession.Variable(1) = "Hello World" at the end of my Public Function Process(ByVal mySession As Object) As Boolean function right before the dll I have written closes during entering a item transaction line on the POS scre...

Viewing XML produced my Invoke
How do you view the XML which is produced by the Invoke method ? object[] results = this.Invoke("cardRequest", new object[] { reqcode, obj1, obj2, obj3}); How do printout, look at, view, examine etc. the XML which is produced by Invoke ? Thanks =Alan Yes, the response is XML but it not the XML which is sent - it is the RESULT of the query that was sent by the Invoke. RESULTS is the answer, we want to get to the question :) =Alan= >-----Origina...

I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO:
I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO: Obviously the messages arriving are to ME...one of my profiles is normal and shows who the message is from , but with on eof my profiles, a new message is displayed showing it is TO and my email...I want it to display FROM: and whoever they are. Hi, You can customize the view for each Outlook folder to display only the fields you want to see, as well as in what order you would like the information displayed. To change your view, open the Outlook folder (in your case, the Inbox). Right click on the gray title bar and click on ...

Does office have templates I can use and drop in my Company name?
I have a new business and I need to being preparing a breakdown of expenses for my accountant, etc. Does Excel have sheets/workbooks I can use and drop in my company name without having to buy something like QuickBooks and etc? I'm a one man owner/employee. -- scottvallery@yahoo.com >-----Original Message----- >I have a new business and I need to being preparing a breakdown of expenses >for my accountant, etc. Does Excel have sheets/workbooks I can use and drop >in my company name without having to buy something like QuickBooks and etc? >I'm a one man owner/...

how i use formula when i put the comma myself
When i type the figure like 1234567 and used comma in tool bar then figure look like 1,234,567.00 but if we want to figure look like 12,34,567 then how we do it and if we write the figure likse 12,34,567 form Key Board and put the formula then formula does'nt work then please help me how i write the figure like 12,34,567 and put the formula. Missi, If you can use something other than a comma, like a hyphen, then you can get a result like 12-34-567 By using Format - Cells - Custom: ##-##-### -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------...

Full Screen view on my template
How can I get a certain template to open up with a Full Screen view eac time that it opens. And yet maintain the regular view whenever I ope Excel without that particular template? Hel -- Jua ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Juan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26356 Juan In VBA, add this code to the ThisWorkbook class of your template: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.DisplayFullScreen = True End Sub Private Sub W...

Create my own Visual CListCtrl
Hi, I've created a draft version of what will be a custom CListCtrl class. I've tried several time to find a good tutorial on how to make this class as visual component but without success. Here are the things that i would like to do : - make this component as visual component - store this component on a special tab on my tool box (not in the "Dialog Editor tab") but for example on "Alain's Components" ;-) - make some of its properties and methods, available on design time like for a normal visual component. All these things i did on a concurrent of VC++ b...

Adding a "unit" to the investment portion of my variable life insurance policy
Hello Fellow Money User: I am attempting to track the investments made inside my variable universal life policy, the investment portion attached to the life insurance. It is an investment vehicle similar to an IRA but with certain tax benefits on the accumulating value . My investments within this policy (held wth American Express Financial Advisors) are not shares of stock in mutual funds traded with a symbol. Rather, they are "units" of fund families without symbols found on the exchanges. As a result, Money cannot find a symbol for it so it cannot be added and track...

money2002 problems backing to cd by using My Documents
How do I go about backing Money 2002 to a CD? Under Tools/Options/Backup there is no option to backup to CD only floppy. There used to be one where backup document was sent directly to the drive containing my CD. (It looks to me like this problem was created by Microsoft on a recent update-one of the stupidest things I think they have ever done.) I tried going to My Documents and sending backup document to the CD. That has worked in the past but does not work now. The size of the most recent backup file is several thousand kbs smaller than files created in recent days. I am so confu...

I want to print my A5 newsletter on A4 pages to fold & staple
I am trying to make an A5 newslette, which will be folded sheets of A4 - does anyone know how to format the newsletter options so that it will make the pages come out in the right order? Setting up your publication as a booklet will automatically arrange the pages in the correct order. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "collkick100" <collkick100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51084B4-D44B-4400-BFDE-EFF3B085D04B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make an A5 newslette, which will be ...

Organizing my freq used formulas/expressions
Hi Everyone, I use excel 2000 and 2003. I am working on learning to use excel to filter out data etc. Anybody have a method to organize the formulas/functions/expressions that one frequently uses? Since I am just getting started with this stuff I can't really come up with the formulas on my own yet so I need the "template" for future use....For example. The 2 expressions below did the same thing on my excel sheet and I will no doubt use them again for another project. =TEXT(B3,"mm/dd/yyyy")=TEXT(D3,"mm/dd/yyyy") =int(c3)=int(d3) (=int() will take ...

Is there a auto-graph generator functionality in EXCEL/VBA? Hi all, I am not sure if this could be done, but in my mind, I want the folllowing functioanlity: I highlight one input cell and one ou
Is there a auto-graph generator functionality in EXCEL/VBA? Hi all, I am not sure if this could be done, but in my mind, I want the folllowing functioanlity: I highlight one input cell and one output cell, (of course the output cell is dependent on the input cell through potentially complicated dependency) and then a window pops up and asks me for the range and step size of the graph. And then it automatically generate a graph plotting output vs. input. Everything should be automatic. Furthermore, I would like to ask if the following can be easily done: I highlight multiple input cell...

not receiving my email, rejecting my password. I am new p.c. user
New p.c. user, my email adress always same. I received many emails daily. Past several weeks, 0 email and Microsoft keeps rejecting yhe only password I ever used for everything. Someone please help me. brllpn94@centurytel.net <brllpn94@centurytel.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > New p.c. user, my email adress always same. I received many emails > daily. Past several weeks, 0 email and Microsoft keeps rejecting yhe > only password I ever used for everything. Someone please help me. Please include your verison of Outlook and Windows and the type of account you use (P...

How can I use my domain name to publish a SharePoint website?
I have a 123-reg domain name and I cannot work out how to publish my Microsoft Office SharePoint website onto it. Any ideas? ...

Can't use my MS Office
I have recently purchased the above software package. I have not registered my product, as I have been travelling and it has=20 been less than 3 weeks since purchasing and installing. I am not sure=20 if all of the office programs have been working, as the only ones I have = been using these past 3 weeks are Entourage and MSN Messenger. =20 This morning, I tried to use Word and it froze just after opening the=20 new document and I was only able to enter one letter. Then I tried=20 excel and it froze at the first cell inside the new book. Then I tried = to=20 re-open my previously working E...

Undefined variable mystery
I have a one-record table (ControlFile) which I use to save totals and other data to allow users to resume work after an interruption. Three forms access this table. All three forms refer to this field in code. All three find contain a text control bound to the field. I added a new field to the table (AdditionalTitle). In all tree forms the code stopped with the message 'Undefined variable.' After checking and rechecking my spelling and struggling with the problem for a while, it occurred to me to copy ControlFile and paste as ControlFileTest. I changed the record source of one form to...

My string does not want to execute
Hello, this is my first post here. I hope to have a long relationship with everyone here. My forum's website changed so dramatically, I can't even find my posts, so I am giving this one a go. I am struggling a bit with a module that I am writing. I am setting up a permission module. There is a table that list a form and a control on that form. When a form is opened, the module runs first to find out on that specific form, what can be seen and what not. My code worked fine with the Docmd.SetProperty formula, but I cant get it to work on subforms, so I tried someth...