Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity

Hello everyone,

  I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND
secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I
believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in,
workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow?

Thanks
0
FredBang (29)
10/29/2009 1:42:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Fred,

Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature,
please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try
the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage +
tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you
are presented with a new ADDRESS TO USE dropdown. This is dynamically
populated with sorted localized metadata names of any EMAIL formatted
fields in the entity type (contact,account,lead) that you are
targeting, with the top (default) selection being AUTO and having the
regular CRM coalescing functionality for ADDRESSUSED. This allows you
to target specific alternate or custom email addresses within email
quick or normal campaign activities.

Regards,
Chris
0
chris.cohen (132)

Maintaining Text Box Font Setting (Excel) using VB
Hi, Everyone - I've run into this issue, and I can seem to figure it out. In my spreadsheet, I've included several text boxes at the bottom of the pages. The VB code I also have included is, when the pages are printed, alternately place a "P" in the text boxes. Then I formatted the text boxes to use WingDings II so that checkmarks SHOULD appear in the boxes. I've also included code that would (1) unprotect the sheet; (2) print the pages with the text boxes; and (3) reprotect the sheet. What keeps on happening is that, for some unknown reason (at least to me),...

Advice, help on code using winapi and month-calendar-object of Comctl32.dll
Hello, I tested the following VBA-code (see below) in excel 2000 on Windows XP. And it works The code is used in a userform called CalendarUserForm (height 216 points, width 170 points) with two CommandButtons (OKButton, CancelButton) on the userform.On the userform, the code creates a month-calendar-control using the WIN-API. I know i could use the Microsoft MonthView Control ActiveX-object in MSCOMCT2.OCX. But it is difficult to distribute and install these ocx-files on other systems. info about the month-calendar-object: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

Have you used the Archiving module from Retail Realm?
Hi all Has anyone used the Archiving module from Retail Realm and if so what are your thoughts.. experiences? thanks for your time ...

Leads to Campaign activities
Dear All, I want to assign leads to an activity associated for a Parent Campaign. How do you I do it? Hi, Create marketing lists of leads and then on marketing list box, click on create quick campaign,it will display a wizard asking for which event you want to associate those leads. Select that and close the wizard. Later you will find the record in quick campaign area of Marketing area. regards, Sailaja. Thanks. I think I didn't explain myslef properly. Lets say that we have a campaign for MS CRM. This campaign contains four activities like call center, ad, etc. Now I want t...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Using bcc
I have sent an email some weeks ago and some of the addresses were in the bcc field. I now want to send another email to the same people but when I open the sent email in Outlook I can't see who I sent it to. I appreciate that if I was the recipient I shouldn't see the names but as it was me that sent the email I thought it would show who the email had gone to. Am I wrong? If not how do I view the addresses? Thanks Tony Tony Williams <tw@invalid.com> wrote: > I have sent an email some weeks ago and some of the addresses were in > the bcc field. I now want to send ...

Chart Using Days of the Week
How do I get Excel to construct a chart using x-axis data labels of Mon.-Fri from a time formatted range of cells? TIA Great Optimism, Dutch Driver Hi right-click on the axis and choose a custom format like DDD -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dutch Driver wrote: > How do I get Excel to construct a chart using x-axis data labels of > Mon.-Fri from a time formatted range of cells? > > TIA > > Great Optimism, > > Dutch Driver ...

Using iif to choose which address to display
I have an access table of alumni for my university, and it stores both their home and their business address. there is another field that is a dropdown box that you can choose which they prefer to recieve their mail at. now, i print out reports that basically makes labels out of them so i can mail out to people. im trying to write an iif statement, or somehow create reports that will check the value in prefaddr (home or work), and then based on that display all the corresponding address fields, either waddress, wcity, wstate, and wzip, or haddress, hcity, hstate, and hzip. i've tried m...

unable to set up email
here is the message I get The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'antysandy@gmail.com'. Subject 'erasdf', Account: 'pop.gmail.com ', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP,...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services) but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section. Any ideas? Thanks Rael Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

outlook 2000 changing msg class using utility?
Hi- this message is in 3 parts DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT I work for a small nonprofit group for pastors and outreach organization leaders who meet once monthly as well as have an annual "love your city" churches responding to neibourhood needs (free pop/ bbqs/ repair roofs/ clean up yards) event......so need distribution centers for promo items, ect ... comprehensive new form I have permission from our Tech person to change all our contacts to this form..... we'v backed up the hard-drive to cds, saved existing format of contacts to excell files so OBJECTIVES..KEEPING ...

smtp connectors repeatedly sending same emails.
Running SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 Cutomers have complained that they are receiving the same email over and over again. Looked at the connectors in Exchange manager and found there to be three additional SMTP connectors with the domain names of the people receiving the emails, and every 15 minutes when the POP3 connector retrieves emails, these SMTP queues are sending out the emails again. I have frozen the queues for the time being but when the server gets rebooted they will get unfrozen and send out all the emails that have built up since. Please can some tell me how to delete these fr...

Making a chart that uses a secondary Y axis
Hi, I'm having trouble creating a chart that has three types of data, perhaps I'd better explain. I'm trying to chart the progress of a project over time that's simple enough, but I want to add to the chart the amount of estimated hours each part of the project is going to take, so my chart should be something like Y1 axis = % completed, X axis = name of subproject, Y2 axis = estimated hours for subproject. I have gotten as far as doing this in a line chart but I want to make the Y2 axis a bar chart that extends behind the lines for the subprojects, can anyone tell me how I c...

button "use offline folder" missing
Hi, in my outlook 2002 xp client the button "use offline folder" seems to be gone. After some digging on the internet, one of the possible solutions seemed to be to remove the terminal services (at least for office 2000). After stopping them (can't find a way to remove them completely), still no luck. How do i get this button back? Is there any solution besides doing a complete reinstall of my laptop? I need the offline storage folders since I'm not always online, and still want to have maximum mail funcionality. Thanx for any answers! Jos ...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Queues not picking up email.
What I am working with right now is a Support and Sales queue that is tied to email accounts inside CRM. When email is sent to the appropriate email account CRM should be picking up these email messages and populating them into their respective queues, but its not. I am at a loss of where to go from this point forward to troubleshoot the breakdown in communication. When i send emails to the queue email address accounts I am not getting any Delivery Failures and the mailbox sizes are growing when i check them in the System Manager for Exchange. My end result here is to be able to use 360'...

Send email from group mailbox
I have a group mailbox set up in my Outlook profile (it's set up as an additional mailbox in my profile). Therefore I have my personal email, and this group mailbox appears as a folder in my folder list. Let's call the group mailbox, "XX Group". If I "Reply" to a message received from the group mailbox, a "From" field appears and "XX Group" is listed in that field. If I send the message, the message will appear to be from "XX Group" instead of from me. However, if I simply open a new mail message, I don't get that "From&qu...

stop automatically making email address
I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine email addresses into hyperlinks?? In Excel 2002: Tools> AutoCorrect Options > Autoformat As You Type. Then uncheck Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks. Hope this helps Rowan "lily" wrote: > I am going to KILL excel. How do you stop it from automatically convertine > email addresses into hyperlinks?? ...

Certain email not received
Hello to all of you, One of my customer as troubles receiving email from me. I'lm using Outlook 2003. My customer is also using Outlook 2003. Since a few weeks ago, she can no longer receive my email in Outlook 2003. However, she receives them fine in Outlook Express. The puzzling thing is that all was working fine until the end of may. I've looked at the SMTP in both Outlook and Outlook express and they are the same. I've tried sendinf a email from a different computer (with Outlook 2000 this time) with the same problem. I must admit to not understanding this problem! Any...

How to use autofilter in excel with formula reference changing
Hi, I have a table A B C 1 forro 120 2 ment 80 40 3 forro 50 30 4 ment 40 10 5 ment 30 10 6 forro 20 10 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 Starting from C2, the column C has a formula (=B1-B2) result = 40; (=B2-B3) result = 30; etc... When I apply autofilter the formula in cell C keeps the original information (=B1-B2), and I would like to have a formula to change and shows de result as below (=B1-B3) result = 70; (=B3-B6) result = 30; etc... A B C 1 forro 120 3 forro 50 70 6 forro 20 30 7 forro 10 10 8 forro 5 5 The objective is to have a formula considering jus...