Using NOT operator with Advanced Find

We can group ROW in Advanced Find with AND or OR operator.
How can I use NOT operator?

For example: I need to find LEADs which have activity LETTER with some
conditions AND NOT have activity PHONE CALL with some conditions.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is a shortcoming of the current advanced find. There isn't a NOT
operator, so the query you're trying to build is not possible. The best you
can do is creating a report for it.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"Igor Chalyh" <Igor Chalyh@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> We can group ROW in Advanced Find with AND or OR operator.
> How can I use NOT operator?
>
> For example: I need to find LEADs which have activity LETTER with some
> conditions AND NOT have activity PHONE CALL with some conditions.

0
Michael

finding last non empty cell in a column
I am trying to find the last used cell in a column and then select tha entire range. The activecell here is "B1". What is happening is th column I am working in has a blank cells within the column so when thi code runs it the selected range is from B1 down to the first blank cell I need it to go all the way to the last used cell in the column. Any suggestions? Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

How to use xmlwriter to add an attribute to any element?
I want to make my XML as such: <parentItem> <childItem attribute="myAttribute">myContent</childItem> </parentItem> I thought I could just do this: objXMLWriter.WriteElementString("childItem", "myContent") objXMLWriter.WriteAttributeString("attribute", "myAttribute") But...I get an error. And I found this that explains why: http://weblogs.asp.net/sonukapoor/pages/204572.aspx However, it only explains why it happens, not how to actually do what I want. From what I can tell, WriteAttributeString can ONLY be applie...

using Name or other method to add cell values through workbook
I suspect what I want to do is fairly easy, but I need help nonetheless. I have a workbook I'm using to track expenses for a project. On each worksheet, I have bank statements with transaction amounts. I have gone through and labelled each of these transaction amounts with a tax reference (e.g., "Maintenance"). So, on a worksheet, there might be three Maintenance cells, with the neighbouring cell representing the transcation's value. I know how to define a Name to get a constant value (e.g., A2's value is Tax, A3's value is the current tax rate, so I just def...

I'm using the mileage log., How do I total all the mileage?
This is the first time that I'm using the Mileage Log, How do I get the total> Insert a row at bottom of existing log sheet below row 34. In Mileage column J35 enter =SUM(J7:J34) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:14:09 -0700, ricaislandgirl <ricaislandgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is the first time that I'm using the Mileage Log, How do I get the total> Or look in E4 for the formula =SUM(J7:J34) If you are using the mileage log found here. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC060884581033.aspx?pid=CT101440991033&AxIns...

Movable object along tracks using joystick: model railroad controllers?
I'm curious about this. Does anybody know anything about using .NET with model railroads? Its controlling a moveable object along the tracks using a joystick I am interested in. ...

Advance Finanical Reports : Statement of Cash Flow
Hi, To creat a Statement of Cash Flow in Advance Financial Reports i need an existing sample report of Statement of Cash Flow , so from where can i get this sample report. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -- Developer ...

Problem using "Indirect"
My problem is in understanding the uses of " and ' in the following formulas. My files use a person's last name as the file name. In developing a report one item of data is found in Smith's record when the record IS NOT on the desktop by this formula: ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Daily 2004 \[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'!$B$6 If the record IS on the desktop I can find one item of data with the following formula (if "Smith" is in A1): =INDIRECT("'["&A1&".xls]Buyer Progress Record'!$B$6") How d...

Attach Events to elements dynamically created by JavaScript in IE using MSHTML
Hi, I am writing an browser helper object that is used to detect clicks on web page elements (e.g. links). During the DocumentComplete event, I get a list of all the elements and attach events to them via the IHTMLElement2::attachEvent method. This works fine for most pages. However there are some pages where some of these elements may get created by the javascript code on the web page. This will then typically take place after the DocumentComplete event has fired. Since these elements are created after the DocumentComplete event was fired, the attachEvent method will not have been called for...

Bug using CMap?
I can't seem to fix this bug I'm getting. I'm trying to populate a simple tree control in a dialog. When I double-click on an item, another dialog pops up to edit the item's properties. During these operations, I sometimes get a heap error: HEAP[SWP.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block 14d078 modified at 14d0ec after it was freed which doesn't tell me much. After playing with this for a LONG time, I suspect (though I don't know) that the problem is related to my use of a CMap to populate the tree. The tree has one level of nodes representing material categories, something like...

Saving files to originating PC using Citrix
Some of my remote users need to save tab delimited files creating using Great Plains printing function to their local computers. What are the keys to doing this? ...

I want to delete duplicate rows of similar info and use the lates.
I am trying to paste new data into a workbook that may already contain the it. I need to filter out the old data and insert or keep the new. The new data is not in the same order as the old. Is there a filter or something that will find a duplicate and give me the option of which row I want to delete? Add the new data to the old data, and go to data/filter/advanced filter and select "unique records only". This will show you unique records of both the old and new data. Then copy these unique records into a new file. Hope this helped. >-----Original Message----- >I am try...

urgent
I have a problem getting data for an entity using ms crm web service: code is below: CrmService svc = new CrmService(); svc.Url = "http://localhost/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx"; svc.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; Guid requestGUID = new Guid("105ca9f0-efc2-4bf9-a2dc-c5f01929264d"); // Set the columns to return. ColumnSet cols = new ColumnSet(); cols.Attributes = new string[] { "firstname", "lastname", "dateofbirth", "agencyname", "agencynumber" }; try {...

What is best practice for using one of multiple .dll's
I have an application that uses one of a selection of about five .dll's depending on the user's environment. Each .dll has the same methods and properties but in this case, uses a different video player. The application is a conversion from VB6 where the dll name was read from the registry and a generic object created so the program didn't have to change references to the object's objects and methods... something like: videoPlayer = GetString(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "Software\Velocedge", "VideoPlayer") Set videoCtl = CreateObject(videoPlayer) ...

Find Record
Instead of using a Macro to find a record in a lookup, I need to first make sure the record is not locked. I check this on the before update property and if it is locked I do not allow the: DoCmd.FindRecord cboFileNumberLookup.Column(0), acAnywhere, False, acSearchAll, True, acAll to execute. This above code does NOT return the Id I need to select the record with. What is wrong with the syntax? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! Janis ...

I'm developing Custom POS button to process open Work Order using
This button should do some custom functionality like sending some data to payment processor (it's already implemented) after this order should be mark as Closed, Inventory should be updated etc. The problem is that I cannot find any mention of how to finalize the order (for some reasons Transaction.Post doesn't work). It's a code that I currently use. What else can I do to meet my purpose? int setDepositResult = Convert.ToInt32(transactionComType.InvokeMember("SetDepositTotal",BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null,transaction,new object[1] {Convert.ToDecimal(tot...

how to use a data validation list from another worksheet within the same workbook
does anyone know how us a data validation list from another worksheet within the same workbook? mp, use a named range, have a look here for how to do it http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "mp" <mikeplanting@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160751757.346757.183920@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > does anyone know how us a data validation list from anoth...

using TODAY() in MS Query?
I have a query built in MS Query. I'd like to set it up so it returns results only from the previous month (e.g., for this month it would only return results from January). I tried to set the criteria for the date field to >EOMONTH(TODAY(),-2) AND <= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1) but MS query does not recognize the TODAY() function. Is there something else i can use? rachael MS Query uses Date() instead of Today() Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "rachael" wrote: > I have a query built in MS Query. I'd like to set it up so it returns resul...

Using LIKE in sp_executesql
Hello, I want to use a LIKE in sp_executesql but I cant construct the statement , receiving errors , simple example just to show the case the full select is like that Select CustomerID , CustomerName From Customers Where CustomerName Like N'%Samy%' to use this in execturesql , I do that (in reality user will support this variable in a stored procedure) Declare @namepart nvarchar(50) SET @namepart = 'Samy' EXEC sp_executesql 'Select CustomerID , CustomerName From Customers Where CustomerName LIKE N''% @namepart ''%' , '@namepart...

validating xml doc with multiple schemas using wildcards
I am trying to validate a xml file with two schema files cust.xsd and cust1.xsd. The schema file cust.xsd allows addition of elements from another schema cust1.xsd by using xs:any wildcard. cust.xsd - schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" xmlns:mstns="urn:xmlns:sysapex-com:customer" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="Customer"&...

Hi, I am using Integration Manager 9.00.0029 to upload Payables Transaction. But there is no option to select DSN. I hope this is because "Payables Transaction" come under the Adapter "Great Plains" and not under "Great Plains SQL Opt". This is any way I can select the DSN to upload the payables. Thanks, Sri Without using the SQL Optimized adapters, the other adapters look for a source file on the system. It is usually a text file (CSV, SDF, etc) and thus no DSN is used. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Softwar...

Where do I ask questions about using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition?
What newsgroup or forum can I post questions about using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, which I'm new to? I want to ask how can I get it to use the char versions of functions, like CreateFileA instead of CreateFileW, which it is currently using by default and complaining about because I'm not passing it a wide char string for the filename. Or, how do I convert an ASCII string passed to me to a wide character string to pass to CreateFileW? And how can I get it to give me a compile listing that shows if it ultimately used the ...W or the ...A version of a function? (And an...

Is it Possible to Read a Color Value from a Data Source and Use it to Set the Color of a Button?
All, I have a form with 20 buttons on it, and I would like to give the user the ability to change the color of any individual button and have it "saved" so that the next time they use the app, the button is the color they set it to. At present, the user would make the change by selecting a color value on a "data entry" form. I know how to set the color of a button by hard coding it: NewButton.BackColor = Color.AliceBlue I know how to get the color value (in hex, rgb or name, e.g. AliceBlue) from my DB or INI file. But for the life of me, I can not figure...

Using CImage
Hi, I Made a file containing multiple graphic files by reading .jpg files and writing it to 1 file. Now I want to load the graphics in CImage structures. CImage.Load can only take filenames an IStream*, but since I put all the images in 1 big file i can't use the first. I can't find a way to load them from an IStream. Can someone help me with that? What i Have is: //////// HGLOBAL hGlobal = GlobalAlloc(GMEM_FIXED, len); //len = the length of the jpg IStream* stream; CreateStreamOnHGlobal(hGlobal, true, &stream); file.Read(stream, len); //file is a CFile object pointing to the big...

Operator's Manual Template
I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck. I have it in Word. There are 11 sections. I have a table of contents and figures. I'm looking for a template for Publisher or Word to dress it up and make it more managable. You could start here. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx "jholland" <jholland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B3961CE-0E5D-44A8-9D8D-8E2C67A5F178@microsoft.com... > I'm working on an operator's manual for a fire truck. I have it in Word. > There are 11 sections. I have a table o...

Views using linked tables
Hi! On my own sqlDB, I need to link tables form other sqlDB in the same machine and then, create views that combine fields of my own tables and linked tables. Please give some suggestions. Thanks LAM LAM (luism0@(arroba)yahoo.es) writes: > On my own sqlDB, I need to link tables form other sqlDB in the same > machine and then, create views that combine fields of my own tables and > linked tables. Please give some suggestions. CREATE VIEW myview AS SELECT ... FROM localtable JOIN otherdb.dbo.othertable ON That is, you refer to the tables in...