Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts

I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM
3.0.  I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try
to import Contact data, it is not successful.  I have tried both importing
Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data.  Either way
the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts.  Is there something else
that needs to be done to import Contacts?  Also, is there a special procedure
for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts?  Right now I am simply setting
the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the connection, but I'm
not sure if this is correct since I cannot get Contacts to import.  Thank you
very much for any help!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Account download from Smith Barney
I have been downloading (Direct) Account Transaction information almost forever for Smith Barney using Money 2004. I think, starting on Monday, I have not been able to connect to Smith Barney. I deleted the account from being downloaded from the "Online Services Manager" and then added the Account back in for Direct Statements. My Accounts were found at Smith Barney and I matched them with my Money accounts when I re-enabled it for Direct Statements .. but, it still fails when downloading the transaction information. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? T...

Accessing historical payroll data after PR module has been deactiv
I have a customer that is going to de-activate their GP Payroll module to use an outside Payroll service provider, but they still want to access their historical Payroll data. If they go thru the process of of formally de-activating their Payroll module, and are issued new registration keys that don't include Payroll, is there a way they can see their historical payroll data past 1 year using the Inquiry function? Is there a way to see the historical information using the Report Writer? Thanks, Mark Report Writer would probably work but you'd have to run the reports from with...

Using HYPERLINK Function in array formula
I've spent a good part of the day working on a few pretty complex array formulas. I'd now like to add one that will create an array of hyperlinks. I thought I could do something equivalent to: =HYPERLINK({"http://google.com","http://yahoo.com","http:// microsoft.com"}, {"google","yahoo","microsoft"}) ....but I just end up with an array filled with google links... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, James hi, James ! > I've spent a good part of the day working on a few pretty complex array formulas. > I'd now l...

importing web page
instead of using this to go to a website how would i import it into excel. Sub test() ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink _ Address:="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAAA&d=c&t=1d&l=on&z=b&q=l" End Sub the other part is i have a sheet name created for each stock how would i write a macro that says if sheet name is AAAA plug that into the web address to import into corresponding sheet name. the following creates the sheet name for each stock option downloaded and i want to import a matching graph from yahoo. Workbooks.Add For Each Symbol In SymbRange If Sym...

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (KB979906) This update fails to install, with error code 643. I am operating Windows Vista SP2 I have Microsoft .net Framework 1.1 installed, the hotfix for 1.1 (KB929729) and Microsoft .net Framework 3.5 SP1 Hello JM, You might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will help with the error 643. <http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643> Please let us know if this helps. if not wait for more responses -=- &q...

Associate two mail account inside a domain
Hi All, Our boss got couple of mail account under the same domain for different differrent purposes. Now the problem is in case if some body sends a mail copied to both addresses mentioned above, he doesn't want to it to delivered to both mailboxes. How to solve this issue ??? I'm running Exchange 2000 FPP with SP3 Thanks in advance Ivar "P.Ravialahan" <ravialahan_p@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:1dd1b8a5.0401190424.63bac7d7@posting.google.com... > Hi All, > Our boss got couple of mail account under the same domain for > different differrent purpo...

Processing Finance Charge and Analytical Accounting
I am processing Finance Charge in RM and I'm using Analytical Accounting. When I Click the process button, i'm getting the message: Analytical accounting information may be required for finance charges batch. Where can I assign that info for that type of transaction? Thanks -- Pat ...

Distribution account segments in SOP
Would like the ability to pull different GL segments from different sources rather than the entire account number from either customer or item in SOP setup. The segment ID by site feature works great; would like this type of functionality to be extended for other GL segments as well. PS. Solomon does this already, please add it to Great Plains. Thanks - Christopher L. Mast, MBA Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C. 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A Grand Rapids, MI 49546-3728 phone 616.575.3482 fax 616.575.3481 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micr...

Merging line of credit accounts
Is it possible to merge two separately named line of credit (LOC) accounts. They are actually the same account. I have merged two bills accounts by renaming one of them to match the other; but when I try this approach on the LOC accounts, Money 2004 tells me the second name is already in use, try a different name. I'm not sure, but you may try (AFTER backing up!) exporting the non-surviving account to QIF, then importing it and telling Money to import to the surviving account. After doing so and confirming that the transactions are all now in the intended account, delete the non...

Exclude hidden data from summary totals
I'm trying to write a formula for a subtotal summary cell that will exclude data when the row is hidden and will not produce error values if data is deleted. They should also allow for the insertion of additional rows of data without requiring additional edits of the formula. The cells need to be totaled so that the data within the cells is added, and not just counted. Which I figured out how to do, I just can't get the formula to add the data i have in the cell. In addition, I need a formula for a grand total cell that will sum all of the data in the subtotal formula cell...

Email account not Created in exchange 2003 from AD
I've been adding users to AD and their e-mail accounts without any problems. TOday I went to add a user and their e-mail information isn't listed in the exchange e-mail addresses and their information is not in exchange. I've tried copying an existing account and even started from scratch. I went and manually added the information in the e-mail address tab but exchange doesn't see it. It looks like all my services are running and I rebooted both our domain controllers. We only have 1 exchange server. Can anyone help? Send the user an email. That or a logon into ou...

importing/exporting categories
Is there a way to synchronize or import/export categories. I have 3 email clients. 1 desktop, 1 notebook and 1 PDA. I continually have to manually edit my master categories list on my desktop's outlook so it jives with my notebook. Thanks, mike This article was helpful. http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=297405 -m "Mike" <thewittmer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:YfDrg.23787$Bh.15010@tornado.texas.rr.com... > Is there a way to synchronize or import/export categories. I have 3 email > clients. 1 desktop, 1 notebook and 1 PDA. I continua...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

Using CHtmlView in my ActiveX control
I have a class CHtmlViewEx inherited from CHtmlView, the document of this class can be edited. I create a activex using MFC in vc.net 2003, in this activex control I create a CHtmlViewEx object and show it. The problem is: When I press "Enter", CHtmlViewEx will insert a <P> at the end of the "body" tag. I press "Backspace" to clear it, when there is no text in the control, CHtmlViewEx will insert <P></P>. I hope that CHtmlViewEx will insert a <BR> when I press "Enter" and won't insert "<P></P> when I press &...

Finding Data from Multiple sheets
Hi I have a spreadsheet that contains the following: Rows = Products Columns = Months Data = how many products sold in each month This data is replicated on numerous sheets, each sheet is an individual client. I need to look at the products sold over each month, for each customer and identify - who sold the most per month? Ideally creating a list of the top ten customers. I have tried copy and pasting data from each sheet into one and used this as a database to create a pivot table, but the whole process of copying and pasting each clients data takes so long to do. Any advice would b...

Using DCount with WHERE criteria
My main form holds patient information (tblPatients), and my subform holds daily information (tblDailyData) collected for each patient. (Hence, a one-to-many.) An individual patient should not have the same date entered twice, so on the subform, in the BeforeUpdate event of the date control, I need to check for a duplicate date. Right now my code looks like: If DCount("DailyDate", "tblDailyData", "DailyDate= #" & Me.DailyDate & "#") > 0 Then Me.Undo MsgBox "Sorry! This date has already been entered.", vbExclamation, "...

Excel 2007 using combo Boxes
please can someone help me, In Excel 2003 i used Combo boxes which were in the forms tool bar and in format control had a cell link used for counting. I cannot find in Excel 2007 the forms tool bar or Combo boxes with the cell link, Can any one point me in the right direction of how to use combo boxes in Excel 2007 thanks > please can someone help me, In Excel 2003 i used Combo boxes which were in > the forms tool bar and in format control had a cell link used for > counting. I > cannot find in Excel 2007 the forms tool bar or Combo boxes with the cell > link, Can any one...

Use LeBans ReportToPDF in custom toolbar
I use LeBans ReportToPDF in command button to generate PDF and it works great. I have so many reports and they are all in preview when a command is clicked. I want one button on "custom toolbar" to 1. close currently previewed report 2. generate PDF from that report and ask user if you want send as email attachment. If yes: 3. attach PDF to email Can anyone help? Thanks. On Jul 5, 7:32 am, "Song Su" <csit...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I use LeBans ReportToPDF in command button to generate PDF and it works > great. > > I have so many reports and they ar...

Completing the activity using custom .net code
Hello, Depending upon certain conditions in a custom code i want to complete the task activity which should then be visible in History link of CRM. Can anyone give me the sample code for the same. protected void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { CrmService service=new CrmService(); service.Url=ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["Url"]; service.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["CredentialsUName"],ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["CredentialsPwd"],ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["Cred...

outlook 97 account to outlook 2002 account, how?
From office97 to office xp This seems a bit stupid, but how do I do this? The post office in on another xp machine, (\\gate\Epostoffice\) using outlook 97, this works fine. I have imported the .pst file and the address book, so why the hassle with the account details? Is there a way to export the outlook97 account details, as there seems fewer and totally different options in outlook 2002 V10? OL2002 didn't support MS Mail but you can add it. There's some info here about that: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm "pete" <petefa@f2s.com> wrote in messa...

Automated changes of Outlook contact fields
What software / utilities / code etc. are available that would allow me to adjust some existing data in my Outlook 2003 contacts? For example, I have many "web page address" fields that need to be changed from e.g. http://subway.com to http://www.subway.com and also many "city" fields that need to be capitalized e.g los angeles to Los Angeles. Thanks in advance for any replies, Miner2049er. After some research, I believe I have to write a Visual Basic script to do this. Not knowing that language, does anybody know of a script that can do what I'm asking, or at l...

Why is it continuously contacting server
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Ever since then, outlook is almost continuously contacting the server. It does this so often that i barely have time to delete messages or even read them. I ran diagnostics and nothing was found. It is running my limited download up to near 90% and I am getting notices from my ISP on this. How can I fix this? "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9703D30-571F-44FE-91D8-ED2CB6A2CC5D@microsoft.com... >I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Why? Uninstalling and re-install...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

Using icon sets with relative references
I am using Excel 2007 in the Vista OS. I am trying to use conditional formatting with an icon set in a column but Excel will not allow relative references. Example: A1=10 min B1=20 max C1=30 oh D1=a formula { =IF(C1=0,B1,(B1-C1)) } The condtional formatting of D1 would be: if the value showing in D1 is >B1 the cell would show a red 'X', if the value showing in D1 is <A1 the cell would show a green 'check mark', and if the value showing in D1 is between the values in A1 and B1 it would show a yellow 'exclamation point'. I can get the D1 ...

Cannot import .pst file into Outlook #2
I was in the process of importing a 1.52gb .pst file into Outlook whe it suddenly stopped loading and since then it will not load and lock up the application. I have scanned with scanpst.exe and it says tha the file is ok. Does anybody know how I can either load it or extrac the relevant folders, even if it meant losing some ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...