Users from child business unit is having trouble accessing the crm

hi
Users from child business unit are having trouble accessing the sales module
for web application.

The error is : Error has occured. please contact system administrator.

However the same user when placed on the parent BU doesnot have any trouble.

Please note that a custom security role was created for the users at the
parent BU and by default this security role is created for the child BUs.
Now this security role i assigned to the user. and they are having the
trouble accessing the application sales module and customer service module.

please help.
thanks

0
Ann (124)
1/4/2005 2:13:08 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you tried giving the user a 'standard' (ie one of the shipped) security
roles in the child BU to see if they can login successfully - if so it may
be a problem with your custom role.
Guy

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> Users from child business unit are having trouble accessing the sales
> module
> for web application.
>
> The error is : Error has occured. please contact system administrator.
>
> However the same user when placed on the parent BU doesnot have any
> trouble.
>
> Please note that a custom security role was created for the users at the
> parent BU and by default this security role is created for the child BUs.
> Now this security role i assigned to the user. and they are having the
> trouble accessing the application sales module and customer service
> module.
>
> please help.
> thanks

0
Guy
1/4/2005 8:56:15 PM
Hi Ann,

See the time this posted, and I bet the problem has resolved on its own???

If you have data in MSCRM and you create a new role and then assign users
immediately they will be denied access in the way you describe.  This is
because MSCRM has to re-write the "security descriptor" column on every
record in your DB to accommodate your new role.

You can see in your CRM Server Event log when the process is complete (an
event is written at completion).

Best practice is not to add a new role and relate users to it during
production time.   TTYL.   Linda

"Ann" wrote:

> hi
> Users from child business unit are having trouble accessing the sales module
> for web application.
>
> The error is : Error has occured. please contact system administrator.
>
> However the same user when placed on the parent BU doesnot have any trouble.
>
> Please note that a custom security role was created for the users at the
> parent BU and by default this security role is created for the child BUs.
> Now this security role i assigned to the user. and they are having the
> trouble accessing the application sales module and customer service module.
>
> please help.
> thanks

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Upgrade Money Small Business 99 to Money 2007 Premium
I have been unable to convert my Money 99 file even using the intermediate steps of opening in Money 2005. Maybe it's because what I am trying is not possible -- maybe I can only upgrade to a Small Business edition, not "downgrade" to a more recent premium edition. Can someone tell me whether I am attempting the impossible? In microsoft.public.money, nborson wrote: >I have been unable to convert my Money 99 file even using the intermediate >steps of opening in Money 2005. Maybe it's because what I am trying is not >possible -- maybe I can only upgrade to a Sm...

Users Shared Folders

CRM 3.0: System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.
I try to assign a CRM Case to someone else; then I am getting following error message. I know sometimes these information is not enough to get an idea about this issue. But if anyone have any solution for this please let me know. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMIncidentClass.Route(CUserAuth& Caller, String IncidentId, String SourceQueueId, ROUTE_TYPE_CODE RouteTypeCode, String EndPointId) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Incident.Route(String sourceQueueId, ROUTE_TYPE_CODE routeTypeCode, String endPointId) +66 Microsoft.Crm...

New RR ISP and Business POP3 Not Working
Recently due to ISP purchase, I was switched from Comcast to Road Runner ISP. With Comcast everything was fine. Now when accessing my business email with RR I get the error: "pop3 was found but there was no response..." This is from any computer fed directly into the modem. I can take my laptop to another outside location, and it works fine. In addition, I cannot access the webmail interface from RR, though I can access any other website. I have purchased a new modem due to RR saying I had low power? New cabling, all to negative results. Has anyone had this problem? ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Business address change how to?
Using Money 2009 for Small Business. I need to change my business address (recently moved it) so the correct address show up on my invoices. Can't figure out how to do it. Also ... I lost my invoice template when I moved the program over to my laptop. I now have to save invoices to my desktop, and print them from there, in plain text, little formatting. When I try printing directly from the invoice screen, I just get blank invoices. Any help offered greatly appreciated. Thanks! James James | 2009-07-22 | 6:22:09 PM wrote: >Using Money 2009 for Small Business. I need to chan...

OWA Access stops / Outlook ok
Server is HP DL380 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win2k3. Up to last Thurs was running fine (as could be expected), but from thurs 23 morning we have found that Exchange is stopping the OWA service and webmail does not work. This is affecting almost all of our users as we are Mac-based and use Entourage - which is a WebDav client. It seems as though Outlook 2003 works still - checked via Parallels. I cannot find anything in the logs that is specifically about OWA/WebDav. Any suggestions for how to determine the cause please? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:52:02 -0800, craigontour <craigonto...

How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria. In my case expressions like (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False) After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design window. The query works fine. I open it again in design mode, and ... all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent arrangement. They spread over more cells. Everything looks very different. And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes. Because I feel that my way of express...

CRM 3.0: Report icon disappeared
Hi all, I am facing a major problem: The reports' icon for most of my users disappeared! A couple other people and myself are Admins and we can still access reports OK. The other users cannot see the report icon from the Accounts form, for example. When they access Reports under My Work, they get a blank form instead of the list of all reports. The only things I remember changing since it was last working are: - Rearranging most users in business units and changing which BU was parented by which. - I published the reports using VS2003 so now they are visible from http://crm-server/report...

DoModal throws an access violation only for one language
Hi, I've posted the first part of my issue here and it got resolved. The second part is what I am still struggling with. It consists of 2 issues. Perhaps someone would be able to help. Please excuse the repeated post. I have a few dialogs, icons, bitmaps, strings that I've localized in the following way: I've created a separate resource only dll which has a separate RC file for each language. This project also has a different build configuration for each language. So that in that configuration only that dll will build and the resources pane in the project properties will be se...

Samll Business Downgrade
I currently use Money Small Business 2004. I no longer run a small business and am considering downgrading to Money Deluxe or Premium. Wat will happen if I try this? In microsoft.public.money, Larry wrote: >I currently use Money Small Business 2004. I no longer run a small business >and am considering downgrading to Money Deluxe or Premium. Wat will happen >if I try this? You will get a warning that the business aspects will no longer be available. You will find you are permitted to enter transactions without categories. Thanks, I'll just pay extra for the small busin...

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

Need User Name and Password

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

Business Alert #4
Is there a way to have a business alert set so that if a sales item has a profit of less than 5% or greater than 100% we can have an alert sent? LS, Yes You can set it up that way. You can create an Alert on Sales Transaction History Table using a formula that looks like this (you might want to change it a little if you want it for each sales line item, you need to capture the same from Sales Transaction Amounts History). However the question is against 5% or 100% of what you'd like that to be compared? Put that field in place of X. (SOP30200_T1.DOCAMNT - SOP30200_T1.EXTDCOST ) ...