User seeing too much data

I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role,
everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old
role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still
see data that was linked to his old role.

User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several
hundred records and had full organizational view privlages.  About 6 months
ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records
and should only be able to access and see the records he owns.  The records
he used to own have been reassigned but he can still see them when using the
active accounts view.

Any ideas?
0
Denzel (4)
4/9/2007 4:14:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Denzel,
Your user is seeing records which he owned once but assigned to other user
now. One possiblitiy is that those records are still shared with him. You
have to select all those records and unsahre with the user.

Please look at following option in MS CRM which may be of your interest.
Go to "Settings" than "Organization Settings" than "System Settings"
A new window will open named "System Setttings"
On General tab, last option is
"Share reassigned entities with original owner"
Change the selection from Yes to No.

PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.
--
take care,
uMar Khan

"Denzel" wrote:

> I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role,
> everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old
> role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still
> see data that was linked to his old role.
>
> User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several
> hundred records and had full organizational view privlages.  About 6 months
> ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records
> and should only be able to access and see the records he owns.  The records
> he used to own have been reassigned but he can still see them when using the
> active accounts view.
>
> Any ideas?
Thanks for the suggestion but the setting for shared accounts being visible
by original owner is set to no.  I have a feeling this is some key in the sql
database that is still allowing him access to the data, since all the front
end fields are correct and the security settings are correct, all I can
figure is something has not updated correctly in the master database.

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi Denzel,
> Your user is seeing records which he owned once but assigned to other user
> now. One possiblitiy is that those records are still shared with him. You
> have to select all those records and unsahre with the user.
>
> Please look at following option in MS CRM which may be of your interest.
> Go to "Settings" than "Organization Settings" than "System Settings"
> A new window will open named "System Setttings"
> On General tab, last option is
> "Share reassigned entities with original owner"
> Change the selection from Yes to No.
>
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> feedback.
> --
> take care,
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "Denzel" wrote:
>
> > I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role,
> > everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old
> > role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still
> > see data that was linked to his old role.
> >
> > User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several
> > hundred records and had full organizational view privlages.  About 6 months
> > ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records
> > and should only be able to access and see the records he owns.  The records
> > he used to own have been reassigned but he can still see them when using the
> > active accounts view.
> >
> > Any ideas?
Make sure both the ACCOUNT and CONTACT records have a new primary USER
assigned to them.

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group

Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
"Denzel" <Denzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestion but the setting for shared accounts being
> visible
> by original owner is set to no.  I have a feeling this is some key in the
> sql
> database that is still allowing him access to the data, since all the
> front
> end fields are correct and the security settings are correct, all I can
> figure is something has not updated correctly in the master database.
>

> "uMar Khan" wrote:
>
>> Hi Denzel,
>> Your user is seeing records which he owned once but assigned to other
>> user
>> now. One possiblitiy is that those records are still shared with him. You
>> have to select all those records and unsahre with the user.
>>
>> Please look at following option in MS CRM which may be of your interest.
>> Go to "Settings" than "Organization Settings" than "System Settings"
>> A new window will open named "System Setttings"
>> On General tab, last option is
>> "Share reassigned entities with original owner"
>> Change the selection from Yes to No.
>>
>> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
>> our
>> feedback.
>> --
>> take care,
>> uMar Khan
>> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>>

>> "Denzel" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view
>> > role,
>> > everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his
>> > old
>> > role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can
>> > still
>> > see data that was linked to his old role.
>> >
>> > User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of
>> > several
>> > hundred records and had full organizational view privlages.  About 6
>> > months
>> > ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of
>> > records
>> > and should only be able to access and see the records he owns.  The
>> > records
>> > he used to own have been reassigned but he can still see them when
>> > using the
>> > active accounts view.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?

0
Anne
4/10/2007 9:46:53 PM
I have seen this in the case where a user owned a parent record to which
other users added child records. When the parent was re-assigned the original
owner could still see the children.

CRM adds hidden 'sharing' entries to the permissions database when child
records owned by different users are added to the parent. These hidden
entries are what allows the owner of the parent to see the children. When the
parent is re-assigned these hidden entries are not being cleaned up correctly.

If you check the sharing for the affected records you won't see these hidden
entries.

You can try manually sharing each affected record with the user in question,
then removing the share. This should clean up the permissions table.

Regards,
Phil.

"Denzel" wrote:

> I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role,
> everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old
> role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still
> see data that was linked to his old role.
>
> User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several
> hundred records and had full organizational view privlages.  About 6 months
> ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records
> and should only be able to access and see the records he owns.  The records
> he used to own have been reassigned but he can still see them when using the
> active accounts view.
>
> Any ideas?
Not sure whay you mean by primary USER all of the Accounts and Contact
Records have had the owner changed several months ago but still the user who
is now outside of the permission and security scheme can see the records, my
only thought is that somehow SQL has retained his data as the original owner
and is still granting him access to the records.

Any other ideas?

"Anne Stanton" wrote:

> Make sure both the ACCOUNT and CONTACT records have a new primary USER
> assigned to them.
>
> --
> Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
> President, The Norwich Group
> Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
> The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com

> Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
> Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
> Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
> Autotask, LinkedIN,
> TypePad and More!
> "Denzel" <Denzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the suggestion but the setting for shared accounts being
> > visible
> > by original owner is set to no.  I have a feeling this is some key in the
> > sql
> > database that is still allowing him access to the data, since all the
> > front
> > end fields are correct and the security settings are correct, all I can
> > figure is something has not updated correctly in the master database.
> >

> > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Denzel,
> >> Your user is seeing records which he owned once but assigned to other
> >> user
> >> now. One possiblitiy is that those records are still shared with him. You
> >> have to select all those records and unsahre with the user.
> >>
> >> Please look at following option in MS CRM which may be of your interest.
> >> Go to "Settings" than "Organization Settings" than "System Settings"
> >> A new window will open named "System Setttings"
> >> On General tab, last option is
> >> "Share reassigned entities with original owner"
> >> Change the selection from Yes to No.
> >>
> >> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
> >> our
> >> feedback.
> >> --
> >> take care,
> >> uMar Khan

20+ Numbers in a Column Changes Data
I have a column needing 20+ numbers entered into it. Every time I click off the field with 20+ numbers in it, the entire data changes to new undesirable numbers. Why is this? I do know if I place an underscore in front of my 20+ numbers the problem does not happen. Thanks "Diana" <the_goodmans2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:87b930f7.0310151117.11eb7516@posting.google.com... > I have a column needing 20+ numbers entered into it. Every time I > click off the field with 20+ numbers in it, the entire data changes to > new undesirable numbers. Why is this? I ...

Populating XML data
Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to Powershell (and XML) and have come across a stumbling block that I can't resolve. I'm trying to write some code to poulate an XML file with data about sites within our organisation. This issue is with the nested nodes (I think they're called nodes?) The XML which I hand wrote looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <Organisation> <Site> <Code>MEL</Code> <Name>Melbourne</Name> <MailServer>MAILSRV1</MailServer> <State>VIC</State>...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Conversion of Cross-Tab Formatted data to qualify for Pivot Table
It's amazing how one can take pivot table data -- double-click in the data section and it "converts" the PT format to a data-table format (fit for a database environment, say access)... Well any way, I receive files that are in a sort of a crosstab format, which I'd love to be able to get to respond to (the creation) of a Pivot table. Is there a way to make this "conversion"? Thanks in advance for any direction offered.. Do you mean something like this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm from John Walkenbach's site. Jim May wrote: > > It&#...

Users not showing up All Users

FWD: See this critical package from Microsoft Corporation
--obwfxphuzzylz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="utaelzgjn"; type="multipart/alternative" --utaelzgjn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jwvpfexic" --jwvpfexic Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer. This update includes the functionality = of a...

user breakpoint

Copying over VS2008 project with ADO.NET Data Entity Model
My old laptop died and I copied over a VS2008 C# project to my new one. This project entails using LINQ to query a ADO.NET Data Entity Model and push the results into an XML file. Pretty straightforward. When I build the project it's all good. But when I try to run the project it fails when the program is trying to iterate through the LINQ result set. The inner exception is listed as "Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances." I googled around and saw that perhaps some permissions issues are the culprit. So I went in and verified ...

Protect sheets not allowing entering of data in multiple sheets
Hi All, I have a customer who has a workbook with protected sheets in it. They have cells that are unlocked that they enter information in. The user may want to enter the same information in the same cell in multiple sheets. If the information is numeric it will allow it. If it is text, the data will disappear when the user presses enter. Has anyone run across this and found a solution? Heck, I didn't even know you could do that until the customer showed me. Learn something new every day. ...

Need User Name and Password

Reinstalled sql 2000 reporting services now cant see any reports
hello, I have reinstalled my sql server 2000 reporting services, the install completed successfully and i was able to publish my reports. i can view the reports in http://servername/reports and evn run them and get data back! but in CRM the reports just arent there! I have Googled around and added domain\computername$ to CRM pblish right but this did nothing... What else can i try please>???? Thanks Ian Ian, Make sure the organization name you used when you publish the reports matches your crm organization name exactly, with _MSCRM appended. Also, check out http://www.micros...

print only datas
hi i like to print only the datas but not the rows and collumns in the ms access Kaja, It sounds as though you are printing directly from the table. This will produce a report with column headers, row lines, and column lines. You'll need to create a custom Report (using Report Design mode) where the fields/controls on that report do not have any visible borders. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." <kaja48380@gmail.com...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Sample Data install
Got CRM up and running okay. Added a few records but then decided to take the tutorial and so load the sample data. Followed the instructions located @ http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/maintain/20_samdb.mspx There were no errors whilst following these instructions. Now the system appears to have no data present, though the databse appears to still contain the records I had previously created. Any idea how I access the sample database? Thanks Thanks Lonny We did have five users available in AD and did not get the message that the system was overwriting...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Editing Data source from imported web query
Hi, I've currently got an Excel sheet with a table I've imported from a web page I've created. This was done using the Data->Import External Data->New Web Query. The page itself is a CGI script and as such takes arguments in the address. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can alter that URL from a cell in Excel. Specifically I want to be able to change the hostname in a cell in Excel and the corresponding ?hostname='blah' to change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jim It seems to me that you'll need a macro to do what you're trying to accomp...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...

query data
Hi. I am building an aviation database. I am want to create a flight summary query that shows only Carrier Date of Flight Origin Destination Miles Flight Hours However, my result is a line for each passenger - for example If there were three passengers on one flight i am getting 3 lines with 3 x the miles and 3 x the hours. How do I return only one line per flight. Also, I want to be able to show flight details with all passenger names for each flight. Is a subreport the answer there? Thanks, JF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com jefferysf via AccessMonster.com wr...