User re-created in active directory

We have a strange situation in our CRM implementation. One of the CRM user
was deleted from the Active directory and re-created with the same username.
Nothing was changed in CRM in this regard. However, since the user user got
recreated, I think the crm entry refers to the old user sid and hence the
user is not able to do anything in CRM.
How do we deal with this situation? Is there a way to refresh the sid of the
user in the CRM?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Maybe you can track the users GUID in active directory. I'm currently not at
liberty too take a look myself.

Another option is to recreate the user and reassign all the entities to the
new user.

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"appsmr" wrote:

> We have a strange situation in our CRM implementation. One of the CRM user
> was deleted from the Active directory and re-created with the same username.
> Nothing was changed in CRM in this regard. However, since the user user got
> recreated, I think the crm entry refers to the old user sid and hence the
> user is not able to do anything in CRM.
> How do we deal with this situation? Is there a way to refresh the sid of the
> user in the CRM?

What will happen when i disable a user?
Dear all, Some of our crm users leave the company. Now, as an administrator i want to disable their user account. Is it OK if i disable them? I mean what will happen to the records, entity, and workflow owned by him/her? will it cause system crash or something? Thank before Regards, Dolfi All records assigned to the user will remain to the same users. If other users have sufficient permission they should still be able to access them. There is an option in the user detail form (actions > reasign records). Workflow which have been started by a user which is now disabled may fail ...

Path to user's desktop
I want to have an app default to saving its data files to the desktop if the user doesn't specify otherwise, or specifies a non-writable location. Is there a function or recommended registry entry that provides the path to the user's desktop? I found what looks like a what I want in the registry, fully spelled out in a REG_SZ: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders. The "Desktop" value contains "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Desktop", which is my current desktop folder. It also is available as a REG_EXPAN...

Changing the Default Activity Time
Hi I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like to reduce this to 5 mins etc depending on the Activity. Michael, You cannot do this in CRM by using the standard tools. You could try and edit the activity aspx page and use some client side scripting to change the picklist value at runtime. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Michael" wrote: > Hi > > I would like to change the default time shown when creating new Activities. > The current default is 30 minutes. We woul like...

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Delivery status notification not sent to external users
When external users send messages with the "Request Delivery Receipt.." option, the message is delivered successfully, but a DSN success message is not sent back to the sender. Delivery receipts are generated correctly on messages sent between internal users. External users do recieve NDR's for mail that is mis-addressed and also receive read receipts correctly. Under Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, Default format (that is the only format), Advanced tab, I've selected the Allow Delivery Reports option. I've tried toggling the settings on this tab in b...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Clean-up queue with deleted activities
Hi, Yesterday I created campaign telephone call activities and assigned them to a queue. I decided to delete the activities and now I have the problem that they are still shown in the queue. When I try to delete them there I get the error record not found. Also I cannot remove the queue. Please help me to cleanup this queue. Thank you, Regards Jan instead of selecting all , choos for example 10 and then click on Delete or choose just one and delete and see if you still get the erro? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ No, same error. "Aamir Bashir" wro...

Assign Doc # When Creating SOP Returns
It would be nice to assign the document number when creating SOP returns rather than the system trying to assign the next number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.msp...

Create an identical Chart Worksheet in Excel 2003
Hi: I used the F11 key to create a chart, which inserts just a chart as a new worksheet and gives it a default name, such as chart 2. My question is, can I create an identical chart as a new worksheet. This wouldn't be a copy, rather, a duplicate that is pulling information from the same location in the entire workbook. The reason I want to do this is because I currently have data for 12 different series, and each series has 7 values. What I would like to do is keep the same chart, but reduce the number of values per series from 7 to just 4. The easiest way seems to me to be to create ...

How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?
I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved in a publisher format. I do not want to have to recreate the publication in the new format, just change it! "Publication Options" "Apply Template" brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and want to use. Help! Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse to the templates. They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hi...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

Assign email from queue to group of users using workflow
Here is what I am trying to do: 1. Email comes into queue (customer service) 2. Workflow assigns email to personal queue of a representative based on either round-robin or whoever has least in their personal queue. I cant seem to figure out either and was looking for a bit of a nudge in the right direction. ...

Another user can't email us -- can't tell if it's b/c his system or ours...
Can anyone help me to decipher this NDR? This certain user from another company has been trying to email three people here a very small word document (it's three attachments -- each one about 56kb big). I don't have any email quotas for sending and receiving on any of my users. And, I was successfully able to email person1, person2, and person3 a very large (6MB) attachment from my gmail.com account. So.... can anyone tell where the issue lies? Thanks, Blake -----Original Message----- From: ABillig@fdfsfd.com] [mailto:ABillig@fdfsfd.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 ...

Restored GP 8.0 from server crash, users can't log in and SA oddit
The server that hosts GP 8.0 crashed, we had a backup and restored it. Upon boot SQL 2000 was giving us issues, we had to reinstall it to get it running again. The GP 8.0 DB's were reattached. I can see the users in their respective DB's from Enterprise Manager but when I attempt to log in as said users, it gives the dreaded: "Your SQL Server login record is not a valid user record in Great Plains. Enter a different login, or contact your Great Plains system administrator." Right now the only account that lets me on is the SA but even so, whenever I attempt to do ...

How to create an order with products using workflow
It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there does not appear to be any way to add Products to that Order once it has been created. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi, This will require custom development. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Bevan Edwards" wrote: > It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there > does not appear to be any way to add Prod...

user quota is exceeded
I can't get my email on outlook 2002 it says user quota is exceeded.. any help would be nice "rahman abdul" <rahmany@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:098f01c366d6$f305e470$a301280a@phx.gbl > I can't get my email on outlook 2002 it says user quota > is exceeded.. > any help would be nice That means you are using Exchange as your mail server (be sure to mention such important details). You are allocated a fixed amount of disk space for your mailbox. You've been saving way too much in your mailbox. Delete the garbage and start using AutoArchive to move s...

Create unique list from duplicates
The solution for this is probably a quite simple array formula wit COUNTIF, but I cannot seem to get it exactly right. All I want to d is take a list with many duplicates and list each duplicate once, in separate list, without modifying the first list. For example: Column 1 1 2 8 5 9 8 5 4 8 would generate: Column 2 1 2 8 5 9 4 Thanks in advance, Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Stephanie, What you are looking for, I believe, is Data > Filter > Advanced Filter. Select "Copy to another location" then click the "Unique records only&qu...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

how to create a clustered, 100% stacked combination chart
I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 different years. Hi, Maybe you can use the information here but using 100% stacked columns. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Keri in Vermont wrote: > I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 > different years. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Urgent: Exchange 2003 user missing emails...
Hi there. SBS, Exchange 2003. One user seems to be missing items from his inbox from a certain date period. He logs into multiple computers, I have checked the usual things such as local PST's, Archive Folders, Views and Recover Deleted Items to no avail. There is a backup on the server, is this the best way to go about recovering the items? http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci969555,00.html Anything else I can try? Anyone know where these messages could have gone? Thanks for your time. Colin. You could use a Recovery Storage Group and Exmerge to g...

Creating custom fields in shema manager
Hey, I am pretty new to MS CRM and I am trying to add a field to the pricelist. I have been looking at the schema manager, but I am unable to add a field. When I right-click on on the attributes, I choose 'New', but 'Schema field' is greyed-out, so I can't click on that. Somebody knows what wrong or how I can fix that ? Something I forgot ? Any help would be appreciated. thx BB ...

How to I create a tax export that is eariler than last year.
For example itss 2009, when I try to create a tax export report (.txf) I'm only given options for 2008 or 2009 (partial). How do I create a tax export for 2007? In microsoft.public.money, bmwbiker wrote: >For example itss 2009, when I try to create a tax export report (.txf) I'm >only given options for 2008 or 2009 (partial). How do I create a tax export >for 2007? Try closing Money, and setting your computer clock back to a date in 2008. You may have to disconnect from the internet, but probably not. Start Money again, and generate your .txf file. ...

Macro Creating
I have tried and tried to create a MACRO in Excel that will will delete a row. I have read several other marcos but have been unable to translate them to what I want to do. Listed below a sample of the type data I am talking about. What I want to do is have the macro read the second number in the colum and everytime it read a 0 it deletes that whole line of information. This type table will have some blank row but I do not want to delete. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Ron D60801 0 0 0 0 0 D78555 0 0 0 0 0 E98103 0 0 0 0 0 N04456 0 0 0 0 0 N05482 3 60 0 0 0 N95862 0 0 0 0 0 N96248 3 ...