USER NAMES

Hi,

Like many telesales functions ours has a high staff turnover. In order
to keep having to set up new Active Directory and CRM user accounts I
was thinking of setting up a generic user accounts called, for
example, telesales1, telesales2 etc instead of individual user names.

The Active Directory user would therefore be called telesales 1 and
within MS CRM instead of user names there would be telesales1,
telesales 2 etc.

Does anyone have any opinion as to whether there would be any issues
with MS CRM and this intended approach?

Best regards
Lee
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Lee,

As long as these users are truly unique, then I don't think there will be an
"issue" with this approach.  However, you will loose history as to who actually
did something since you have to know who had that user ID on a given day.

The one thing to be careful of though is that the "generic" id's are only
"assigned" to one person at a time.  Otherwise, you might be violating the
intent of the MS CRM licensing agreement.  I know it is common in a lot of call
centers to license based on "desks".  Thus, you may have a first shift person
and a second shift person using telesales1 since their shifts do not overlap.
However, with MS CRM I believe this would violate the "intent" of the licensing
agreement.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 17 Aug 2004 01:16:41 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote:

Hi,

Like many telesales functions ours has a high staff turnover. In order
to keep having to set up new Active Directory and CRM user accounts I
was thinking of setting up a generic user accounts called, for
example, telesales1, telesales2 etc instead of individual user names.

The Active Directory user would therefore be called telesales 1 and
within MS CRM instead of user names there would be telesales1,
telesales 2 etc.

Does anyone have any opinion as to whether there would be any issues
with MS CRM and this intended approach?

Best regards
Lee

0
Matt

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Mailbox name does not resolve?
I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no issue except one user. I am using Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 on all desktops. In outlook I enter the server name and mail box name in both full name and alias form and neither will resolve. The machine connects through file sharing to the exchange box with no problem. I have deleted the box and readded it and it still does not work. David Lewis <*@*.*> wrote in news:e7rig0he6c4h4t16jn3v6bjp1pt673hnhn@4ax.com: > I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no > issue except one user. I...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

How to name the range that has been filtered?
I tend to name the range which obtained by filter, but when I cancel th filter function, the named range will alter, why, how can I name th filtered range that coldn't be affected by other Excel manipulation -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the entire filtered list, then <F5>, "Special", Click on "VisibleCellsOnly", then <OK>. Now, just click in the name box, and type in your range name, then <Enter>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence with...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Publishing Named Ranges to Web Pages
I am publishing named ranges as single file web pages, and the process works great, except for the fact that the process seems to add about a 1cm of white space before the table! I am using Excel 2007, Save As... [single file web page] Publish I intedn to use the web page in an Iframe on an ewxisting web page. This works fine except for the annoying extra space above the table (named range). I have checked and the extra space is in the web file. There is not extra space added to the left, right or below, just above - very annoying. Can anyone explain this and more importantly tell m...

How does one name, for instance, A1 as 'last name?'
I want to rename the head of each column; instead of A! I want to rename it 'last name.' How's that done? You can't. But, you can use the top row and not show the row/column headers -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Rev. Benny" <Rev. Benny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:078E2715-B8D9-41BC-A592-F1EF9582154C@microsoft.com... >I want to rename the head of each column; instead of A! I want to rename it > 'last name.' How's that done? "Rev. Benny" <Rev. Benny@discus...

FROM name and reply to
Hopefully I can explain this clearly: Want to send an email (I actually create it in my account). Want the FROM line to read that it's from my boss. Want replies to go to me. Is this possible? I played around with using FROM...but I don't understand how to set up delegate rights to just be able to send messages (I don't want to see her inbox or any folders, just send messages). Also know that there is Direct Replies To button...can't seem to figure out how to make the two work together...or am I way off? Using Outlook 2007. Thanks for any help. _c ...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

how to print name on business cards?
How do I print a name on business cards? It would be easier to create business cards if you use Microsoft Word. There are templates here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=business+card SandyRose749 wrote: > How do I print a name on business cards? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...

security- users
hi all can anyone tell me this.. i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password. if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can create,delete tables,create report etc. if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ?? i prefered to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it un...