User License Requirements

Can a user have a task assigned to them if they are disabled or have
restricted mode access?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

no disabled user can be assigned any object.

"Onetreeup" <Onetreeup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can a user have a task assigned to them if they are disabled or have
> restricted mode access?

0
Benjamin

One user, recieving two meeting invites
I'm coming into a position where the previous tech did some funky stuff, and am now having to clean up after him. I've got User A that recieves two meeting requests...one for her and one for her supervisor. She can then accept both, which would put one on her calendar and one on her supervisor's. The supervisor never sees the request. Any idea what the heck happened here? -Mike Julian Sounds like the user is a delegate of the Supervisor. Check Outlook for delegation. Nue mike.travis.julian@gmail.com wrote: > I'm coming into a position where the previous tech did some fun...

Manually adding a transaction requires manually entering category
I posted about this before and didn't get a resolution. Before I buy a new financial package can anyone tell me if you personally can enter a transaction manually in Money 2006 and when the transaction downloads from the bank it not only moves it to the register but also adds the category. Everything everyone has told me to look at in reference to this was already set the way they asked me to change it.At this point I'd like to know if this works for anyone or is this just a feature that should have been in Money but wasn't included. Thanks. Downloaded transactions will match t...

3.0 setup system requirement failure
I am attempting to install an upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 of CRM. 1.2 has been up and functing perfectly for ~ 1yr. It resides on a SBS2003 install with all patches and updates applied. This server also has: Exchange, SQL 2000, Sharepoint Services, Sharepoint Portal, and Source Safe running on it. On install - Verification Descriptions and Results I receive the following. Success:63 Warnings:0 Errors:2 ERROR 1 - Internet Information Services (IIS) - Invlaid URI: The hostname could not be parsed - detail also Help Reads: Microsoft CRM Web Site Cannot Be Accessed Cause Setup cannot access the s...

Enable software to work in Domain user account.
Hi to all Enable software to work in Domain user account. Software which i have installed in Win xp is i install software from domain administrator. 1. Office 2003 it's working 2. adobe PDF it's working Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user account only, No problem in administrator account (local and domain) if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use the system. Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003 Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business Regards, Vin Win On 03/07/10 03:37, Vinod ...

This doesn't work for Thin Client user
My supervisor at a remote location wanted a way to "merge data" from four counties into a single master form. Each county sends in a simple single sheet form with statistics for a variety of categories. All files are exactly the same and contain no special formatting or even any formulas. Just numbers entered under a heading for their county. I adapted this routine from a post I saw: Sub GrabData() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim vArrFileNames As Variant Dim vArrAddresses As Variant Dim i As Long vArrFileNames = Array("anderson", "campbell", &qu...

view another users calendar
how do i get into another users calendar They need to give you permissions to view it (either as a delegate or using folder permissions), then you use file, open, other users folder. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/otherusers.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp has instructions for giving folder permissions. If the folder is a default folder, you can use the open shared folders link or file, open. If it’s a subfolder, you need to add the mailbox to the profile. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/open_other_owa.asp shows how to open other users folders using ow...

App Runs Slower w/2 Users Than w/1?
Got an app that runs slower with multi-users. I can see it being little bit slower, but this one makes me thing I'm doing something dumb. When reconnecting tables, there's a quantum increase in time needed - like at least 20x (haven't put a clock on it). When just performing day-to-day functions like navigating a list and loading details, it's about twice as slow when running multi-user. Separate copy of the front end on each user's PC. Back end on a LAN file server. I figure it's got tb something with hitting the .ldb file, but what? Something about the way I o...

Outlook losing attachments when sending to lotus users
Hi We recently went live with outlook 2003 in our office. since then, some of our clients are reporting that they are not receiving attachments we send via email. After an initial bit of research, this only seems to effect clients who are using lotus notes as the email client. Does anyone know if this is a known issue and is there anything we can do about it? Many thanks Gareth Make sure you're not sending to those users in Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for others. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail add...

Update active directory user from Windows Service
Hi, I have a windows service that will pull data from an external source and I need to update this informaiton in AD from a Windows Service. What is the easiest way to do this? I looked at using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider but it seems that this is for ASP.NET applications only(?) or perhaps I am missing some better results in google. I know that I can connect via LDAP and change details using code like the following DirectorySearcher search = new DirectorySearcher(); search.Filter = String.Format("(SAMAccountName={0})", userName); ...

Outlook user name error?
Outlook 2003 Comcast POP3 I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly. I was wondering if the username convention might be a problem for my mother first.last@comcast.net I setup my account on her machine as xxxxxxxx@comcast.net and it went just fine. Is there a problem with the . (dot) in the user name field that outlook does not like? On web mail the user name/password works fine. Any help appreciated. She really likes outlook. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net John...

more than 1 user
I am sharing a pc and we want seperate address books how can we do this as so we can syncronise our seperat palm piolets? Thanks in advanced ;o) In news:A0644E48-E32D-47C9-9152-3E58202DBF69@microsoft.com, ilan2004 <ilan2004@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am sharing a pc and we want seperate address books how can we do > this as so we can syncronise our seperat palm piolets? > Thanks in advanced ;o) Either two separate Windows login accounts with their own Outlook profiles, or a single Windows login account with two separate Outlook profiles using different PST files,...

Moving Mailboxest another user
We use Windows 2000 Server, with Exchange 2000 using outlook. I want to be able to move the Outlook information from the mailboxes, calendars and address books from one user to another user so that I can delete the original user but not lose the information. How can I do this? Ok If the new user not have data in his mailbox the operation is very simple.. 1. Delete new user mailbox (from AD Users & Computers) 2. Delete old user mailbox (from AD Users & Computers) 3. Open Exchange System Manager navigate to server ->mailbox store -> mailboxes Right click -> run cleanu...

Share Contacts with other users
I would like to share my contacts with other users and create an office for 4 people, sharing not only documents but also the same contact folder. I would also like to have a seperate login for everyone in the group, as we should know who posts messages and who receives emails. Otherwise the office should be an open space with the information inside that everybody can use change and delete. Especially the contacts are a problem, as I did not find a way to share them with others. Thanks, Eva You might see this thread, though I suspect you'll eventually have problems with mu...

Mailbox enabled user #2
I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your help. Chow. On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:27 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I >launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this >user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while befo...

Deleting a user from a Group using VBA
I have an Acc2003 security enabled database containing the names of students who log in to book facilities. They are all members of a Group called "Students" giving them certain restricted permissions. Occasionally it is necessary to suspend a student from booking facilities, and I would like to achieve this by removing that user account from the "Students" Group, but not deleting the user account itself. Could anyone help me with some VBA code that would achieve this, and also later to append that student back to the group by the Administrator? (There is a secure f...

Excel 2007
I have an issue with repointing links in Excel 2007: When I change the link source to repoint to a different file, Excel is asking for the source file pasword to be entered for each cell in the file I am linking from. This is causing major time issues in our month-end reporting: I have a management accounts file which is linked to a large number of other pasword protected Excel files, which are updated by numerous individuals. The files are saved in a secure directory on our company server, each month the files are copied into a sub-directory for the current month and rename...

is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users?
is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users? if Yes which version of Excel offers this option? there is no built-in facility, you would have to build it all (and it is no simple). -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Admin" <Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E10B3C1B-9E53-4927-BE3B-BE5C1AFFA223@microsoft.com... > is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users? > > if Yes which version of Excel offers this option? > It requires using macros, which may or may not work for y...

Restricting Inbound/Outbound E-mail per user
We're running Exchange 2003 server. Is there anyway to restrict a user so they can only e-mail internally, and not send/received external e-mails? Thanks, Andrew Uses an SMTP connector to control outbound restrictions (prohibit send), and only give the user a private address such as user@domain.local. Nue "Andrew Smith" <newsgroups@americanrocksalt.com> wrote in message news:O83fYwPdGHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We're running Exchange 2003 server. Is there anyway to restrict a user so > they can only e-mail internally, and not send/received exter...

Today's News: Set up Lotus Notes V8 for Outlook users
------------------------------------------------------------------- DOMINONEWS.COM | Targeted News for IBM Lotus Professionals January 28, 2008 ------------------------------------------------------------------- SPONSORS: Print Merge Express: Lotus Notes Printing and Reporting Tool Reports, Charts, Mail Merge, Labels, Barcodes, Export, Bulk Email, PDF http://www.DominoNews.com/homepage.nsf/ads/printmergeexpress?opendocument Are You Looking for Domino or Other IBM Training? Find the right class, in the right city, at the right price! http://www.DominoNews.com/homepage.nsf/ads/integro?opendocum...

automatic updates now required??
I keep automatic updates turned off. I just went to update site and was not allowed to proceed. I got error 0x8DDD0018. It tells me I have to have Automatic Updates running. Is this now true? Previously I always did my updates manually. XP Service Pack 3 Absolutely not. It is strongly recommended to stop all updates on Windows XP because M$ updates post SP3 are designed to sabotage your system so that you buy Windows 7. If you want to install a specific update, then you need to know the KB # and then go to Microsoft website and search for it. You could use Microsoft Update C...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

Guest user account ?
Is there a wayout to identify if the user who has logged-on is a guest account user? I need both locally and domain wise. I tired the following code but no luck SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY identAuth = SECURITY_LOCAL_SID_AUTHORITY; PSID pSid; BOOL b = AllocateAndInitializeSid(&identAuth, 2, 0, SECURITY_LOCAL_RID, SECURITY_LOCAL_RID, SECURITY_BUILTIN_DOMAIN_RID ,DOMAIN_USER_RID_GUEST, DOMAIN_ALIAS_RID_GUESTS, 0, 0, &pSid); if(b) { CheckTokenMembership(NULL, pSid, &b); if(b) AfxMessageBox("Guest"); else AfxMessageBox("Non-Guest"...

Wachovia requires 3 login fields
Help! My bank, Wachovia requires 3 login fields: Customer Access Code, PIN and Codeword. MS Money is asking for only 2 items: ID and password in the "Step 5 Online Setup". What is the solution. Thanks. Contact Wachovia and ask for an ID and password to use with MS Money. Doug "Chris" <cptxaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:26d0001c38eb5$9ace1e10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help! My bank, Wachovia requires 3 login fields: Customer > Access Code, PIN and Codeword. MS Money is asking for only > 2 items: ID and password in the "Step 5 Online Setup"....

CRM 3.0
In CRm 1.2 you could see the User Licenses, and assign them or remove them, etc. I don't see where you do this in CRM 3.0. Is it the Enable / Disable action on the Users screen? Thanks, Boolean1 CRM 3.0 uses a different model for users than 1.2. Because of the new service scheduling functionality, users can be created in CRM 3.0 so they are available for scheduling service activities -- even if the user is not a CRM licensee. There is a new box on the user record called "Restricted Access Mode" for such "unlicensed" users. This basically makes them availabl...

Terminating User-Interface Thread
Good day to all. I would like to know how to delete a thread even if the if it is still running. Thank you very much in advance. delvsb wrote: > Good day to all. > > I would like to know how to delete a thread even if the if it is still > running. > > Thank you very much in advance. When you create the thread you must create it suspended, set m_bAutoDelete false, then ResumeThread. In the main thread, signal the thread to end itself with PostThreadMessage. In the UI thread message handler, free things and call PostQuitMessage(0); In the main thread, WaitForSin...