User accounts changing themselves to another users details..?

Hi,

We're getting an intermittent problem with our CRM 1.2 installation.

Randomly, users names and email addresses are changing to that of another
user but their logon name is staying the same. This is meaning that when
they logon to CRM, their name is showing wrongly and any records assigned to
them are showing the wrong name.

The name they change to is always the same and the user records changing
varies.

eg:

Say we have 10 users, one of whom is "Joe Bloggs".

Today, 3 other users records names had changed so that their first name
showed "Joe" and their surnames said "Bloggs" and their email addresses also
updated to show joeb@company.com - their logon field however stayed as their
original logon details. This means we have 4 Joe Blogs users instead of one.

We've been able to work out who the affected users are based on the logon
names and change their details back but the problem is happening randomly,
sometimes affecting one user, sometimes several but always changing them to
Joe Bloggs.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem or if there is a fix for this
as it's becoming quite a nuisance for the affected users, one in particual
has been affected everytime this has happened though we're not sure if it's
just coincidence as the other users affected seem more random.

Thanks for any help, Steve

0
Steve
10/27/2005 7:48:53 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do you have any background processing that's mucking directly with the
database? There are few random things in the world. Usually they're the
result of some non-random process with side-effects.

--
MJ Miller
Microsoft CRM Technical Lead

** The opinions and comments in this post are my own and in no way reflect
the opinions of Microsoft or the Microsoft CRM team. This posting is not an
offer of support, either immediate or ongoing, and no support is implied.
Some of the information posted may include non-supported workarounds and
code samples.

0
MJ

New to User Forms

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Change A Cell Value Directly from a Chart
Folks, this is a follow-up to my earlier post. I've done some experimenting and I can quickly accomplish what I'm after if I could figure out how to change a cell value from a worksheet directly from a chartsheet. Here's my plan. Worksheet1 = PopulationModel Worksheet2 = PrehuntEstimates Worksheet3 = PivotTable Chartsheet4 = Chart A closeup look at each component: Worksheet1 Year PHFD PHYD PHAD WS2 WS2 WS2 (CELLS ARE ALL LINKED TO CELLS IN WORKSHEET2 and updated of course when they change) Worksheet2 (88R*7C) PHFD PHYD PHAD ADJUST UPHFD UPHYD UPHA...

Users Shared Folders

Why my default number format changed
I am using Excel 2007. From time to time, I found the default number format changed when I open an exiting excel file. For example, originally its default format was "General", but when I open the file, found it changed to "Custom". How is it happened? How can I prevent? How can I fix it. Thanks in advance! ...

I am working on calendars, how do I change days of the week from .
It usually works best if you actually include a message. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

How do you change seconds to cycles?
How do you change seconds to cycles? If you mean change the word "seconds" to the word "cycles", then you can use Edit/Replace from the menu bar to do that (select a range of cells that includes the cells you are interested in first); although you will want to probably press the "Options>>" button to display all the options available to you (assuming that they are not already displayed) as it sounds like you may want to make sure the "Match entire cell contents" check box is not selected so you can find the word "seconds" wi...

How do I get the font color to change automatically depending on
How do I get the font color to change automatically depending on whether it is a positive or negative number? Example: if negative auto change to red, If positive number change to green, zero balance auto change to black. Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. gtcarlsbad wrote: > > How do I get the font color to change automatically depending on whether it > is a positive or negative number? Example: if negative auto change to red, > If positive number change to green, zero balance auto change to black. -- Dave Peterson Go to Format - Conditional format Is very e...

Users not showing up All Users

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

user breakpoint

Replying with an alternate e-mail that uses the same gmail account
I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all forward to my personal gmail account. I have dealt with incoming mail forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the "From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though they sent it to one of my aliases. Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the same alias for the response? Ideally I'd like to be able to have an e-mail conversation app...

Need User Name and Password

Date changes when email is read
I have recently moved to using Outlook 2003. When email first arrives (IMAP) it has the correct "Date" but as soon as I read the email (or do any action that removes the "unread status") the Date changes to what seems to be GMT. Is there some setting I am missing? I have checked my system timezone etc and this does seem correct. thanks ...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

changing the default invoice templates!
Dear All I have MM 2005 Small Business. I want to edit the default templates for invoices (as I have to add my company number and VAT number to them..) I can do this, and save them within the Invoice Designer. But they don't show up in the templates list within Money! Any ideas? Also, if I export a .inv file and try and import it, it says its from a file type from before 2004 and cant be used! Any ideas would be gratefully received! Andrew Shoben http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/17.aspx for the first one. Don't know about the second. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money h...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Hotmail Account in Outlook 2003
Hi all, I've got 2 email accounts, colin@work.com and colin@hotmail.com. I've setup Outlook 2003 to send and receive from both these accounts and all works fine but with 1 'glitch' that I can't seem to resolve. As those of you who use Hotmail through Outlook know, Outlook creates a second 'Inbox', 'Outbox', 'Sent Items' etc in addition to the standard POP3 inbox etc. My problem is that if I send from my 'colin@work.com' mail account, the standard 'Sent Items' shows the sent mail. If I send from my Hotmail account, this sent ma...