User Account SPN for CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account ERROR.

Hi there,

I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0:

"Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET
Application Pool account".

Here's my scenario:

I joined the Server to the domain
I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account
Installed everything and followed every step.

But I got this message.

How can I solve this problem? Please advice.

Thank you.
0
walid97 (5)
4/10/2008 7:16:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run
the CRM application pool.

You can find this account in the IIS manager under the AppPool settings. You
can check the SPNs using the SetSPN tool (in one of the windows tool kits).
the account must atleast have an SPN: http/<hostname>, where hostname is the
host in the url you use to connect to CRM.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

"walid97" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0:
>
> "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET
> Application Pool account".
>
> Here's my scenario:
>
> I joined the Server to the domain
> I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account
> Installed everything and followed every step.
>
> But I got this message.
>
> How can I solve this problem? Please advice.
>
> Thank you.
0
Patrick2861 (490)
4/11/2008 2:05:02 PM
I will check that.

I was thinking that it might be because of the user I am logged in when
installing CRM.

Is it OK for the logged in account (when installing CRM) to be the Domain
Admin?

Should I create another account for CRM only (for example a domain account
called "crmadmin")? and should it have local admin privileges? (add the newly
created domain admin account "crmadmin" to the local domains group?)

Thank you.

"Patrick" wrote:

> This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run
> the CRM application pool.
>
> You can find this account in the IIS manager under the AppPool settings. You
> can check the SPNs using the SetSPN tool (in one of the windows tool kits).
> the account must atleast have an SPN: http/<hostname>, where hostname is the
> host in the url you use to connect to CRM.
>
> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT
>
> Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

0
walid97 (5)
4/11/2008 4:58:01 PM
The account you install CRM with must be a user which has local admin
permission and permission to update the active directory. So a domain admin
would be good.

The error it self does not have anything to do with the user you are logged
in with.

--

"walid97" wrote:

> I will check that.
>
> I was thinking that it might be because of the user I am logged in when
> installing CRM.
>
> Is it OK for the logged in account (when installing CRM) to be the Domain
> Admin?
>
> Should I create another account for CRM only (for example a domain account
> called "crmadmin")? and should it have local admin privileges? (add the newly
> created domain admin account "crmadmin" to the local domains group?)
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run
> > the CRM application pool.
> >
> > You can find this account in the IIS manager under the AppPool settings. You
> > can check the SPNs using the SetSPN tool (in one of the windows tool kits).
> > the account must atleast have an SPN: http/<hostname>, where hostname is the
> > host in the url you use to connect to CRM.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > Lead Developer
> > Aviva IT
> >
> > Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> > http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

0
Patrick2861 (490)
4/11/2008 5:11:00 PM
Dear Patrick,

Thanks for your input.
I checked the security account in IIS manager, and found out that it is:
Network Service. (Can I change this to the domain admin account?)

Now I tried this command in the CRM server:
Setspn -A http\crm "Network Service"

but it didn't work, I got this error: "Unable to locate account Network
Service".

I could set the SPN for the machine by using:
Setspn -A http\crm crm

(the name of the CRM server is 'CRM')

Is this enough?

Thank you.

"Patrick" wrote:

> This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run
> the CRM application pool.
>
> You can find this account in the IIS manager under the AppPool settings. You
> can check the SPNs using the SetSPN tool (in one of the windows tool kits).
> the account must atleast have an SPN: http/<hostname>, where hostname is the
> host in the url you use to connect to CRM.
>
> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT
>
> Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
>

> "walid97" wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0:
> >
> > "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET
> > Application Pool account".
> >
> > Here's my scenario:
> >
> > I joined the Server to the domain
> > I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account
> > Installed everything and followed every step.
> >
> > But I got this message.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem? Please advice.
> >
> > Thank you.
0
walid97 (5)
4/15/2008 8:39:00 AM
You should use Setspn -A http\crm crm$. The machine account is the name of
the machine plus a $-sign.

--

"walid97" wrote:

> Dear Patrick,
>
> Thanks for your input.
> I checked the security account in IIS manager, and found out that it is:
> Network Service. (Can I change this to the domain admin account?)
>
> Now I tried this command in the CRM server:
> Setspn -A http\crm "Network Service"
>
> but it didn't work, I got this error: "Unable to locate account Network
> Service".
>
> I could set the SPN for the machine by using:
> Setspn -A http\crm crm
>
> (the name of the CRM server is 'CRM')
>
> Is this enough?
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run
> > the CRM application pool.
> >
> > You can find this account in the IIS manager under the AppPool settings. You
> > can check the SPNs using the SetSPN tool (in one of the windows tool kits).
> > the account must atleast have an SPN: http/<hostname>, where hostname is the
> > host in the url you use to connect to CRM.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > Lead Developer
> > Aviva IT
> >
> > Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> > http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
> >

> > "walid97" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0:
> > >
> > > "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET
> > > Application Pool account".
> > >
> > > Here's my scenario:
> > >
> > > I joined the Server to the domain
> > > I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account
> > > Installed everything and followed every step.
> > >
> > > But I got this message.
> > >
> > > How can I solve this problem? Please advice.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
0
Patrick2861 (490)
4/15/2008 9:03:00 AM
That worked!
Thank you :)

"Patrick" wrote:

> You should use Setspn -A http\crm crm$. The machine account is the name of
> the machine plus a $-sign.
>
> --
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> Lead Developer
> Aviva IT
>
> Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
>

> "walid97" wrote:
>
> > Dear Patrick,
> >
> > Thanks for your input.
> > I checked the security account in IIS manager, and found out that it is:
> > Network Service. (Can I change this to the domain admin account?)
> >
> > Now I tried this command in the CRM server:
> > Setspn -A http\crm "Network Service"
> >
> > but it didn't work, I got this error: "Unable to locate account Network
> > Service".
> >
> > I could set the SPN for the machine by using:
> > Setspn -A http\crm crm
> >
> > (the name of the CRM server is 'CRM')
> >
> > Is this enough?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > "Patrick" wrote:
> >
> > > This would indicate that the SPN is missing on the account that is/will run
> > > the CRM application pool.
> > >
> > > You can find this account in the IIS manager under the AppPool settings. You
> > > can check the SPNs using the SetSPN tool (in one of the windows tool kits).
> > > the account must atleast have an SPN: http/<hostname>, where hostname is the
> > > host in the url you use to connect to CRM.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > > Lead Developer
> > > Aviva IT
> > >
> > > Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> > > http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

0
walid97 (5)
5/4/2008 7:09:02 AM
Hi:

 I have the following scenario and having the same issues with the ASP.NET
Account:

- My Report server is installed on machine name SERVER01 but, configured in
IIS and DNS to be accessed with the following name
http://reportserver.mydomain.com/reportserver

- My CRM server is also installed on the same machine SERVER01 but
configured in IIS and DNS (host headers) to be accessed via port 80 with the
following name http://crm.mydomain.com

- SQLServer is installed on the same machine SERVER01 and all of its
services are running under LocalSystem, including Reporting Services.

- I have configured domain account DOMAIN\crmservice to be the account under
CRMAppPool is running

- I have already set the following SPNs for the DOMAIN\crmservice account
  HTTP/crm.mydomain.com
  HTTP/reportserver.mydomain.com
  MSSQL/server01:1433
  MSSQL/server01.mydomain.com:1433

I can log on to Dynamics, I can change settings, I can add users but when
trying to run a report, I got an error and in the server's event viewer I got
the following:

Web service request SetParameters to Report Server
http://reportserver.mydomain.com/reportserver failed with SoapException.
Error: Logon failed. (rsLogonFailed)

I suspect that something is missing with SPN for the DOMAIN\crmservice
account but no idea of what is it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

  Enrique.

"walid97" wrote:

> That worked!
> Thank you :)
>
> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > You should use Setspn -A http\crm crm$. The machine account is the name of
> > the machine plus a $-sign.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > Lead Developer
> > Aviva IT
> >
> > Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
> > http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
> >

> > "walid97" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Patrick,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your input.
> > > I checked the security account in IIS manager, and found out that it is:
> > > Network Service. (Can I change this to the domain admin account?)
> > >
> > > Now I tried this command in the CRM server:
> > > Setspn -A http\crm "Network Service"
> > >
> > > but it didn't work, I got this error: "Unable to locate account Network
> > > Service".
> > >
> > > I could set the SPN for the machine by using:
> > > Setspn -A http\crm crm
> > >
> > > (the name of the CRM server is 'CRM')
> > >
> > > Is this enough?
> > >
> > > Thank you.

0
Enrique (6)

New to User Forms

Error number of columns does not match the header row! on Import
I am trying to import data from GoldMine into CRM and getting Error number of columns does not match the header row! can anybody help Many thanks in advance Hi Jim how are you importingthem are you using scribe, or a diffferent tool -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk "Jimbo" wrote: > I am trying to import data from GoldMine into CRM and getting Error number > of columns does not match the header row! can anybody help > Many thanks in advance Check the thread of 20/3/2007 "Number of columns does not match the header row" I think it'l...

Users Shared Folders

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

Users not showing up All Users

CRM 3.0: System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.
I try to assign a CRM Case to someone else; then I am getting following error message. I know sometimes these information is not enough to get an idea about this issue. But if anyone have any solution for this please let me know. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMIncidentClass.Route(CUserAuth& Caller, String IncidentId, String SourceQueueId, ROUTE_TYPE_CODE RouteTypeCode, String EndPointId) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Incident.Route(String sourceQueueId, ROUTE_TYPE_CODE routeTypeCode, String endPointId) +66 Microsoft.Crm...

Send/Recieve error in Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded one of uor machines from Office 2002 to Office 2003. All was well, excep Outlook started doing very strange things. It will send mail just fine, but when it recieves it will download the first two or three then freeze up and go "Not Responding". So, I close it down and reopen it, hit Send/Receive again and it grabs the first two or three messages it downloaded already and relpicates them in the inbox. Then it freezes up again. I tried running the "repair" feature off of the Office 2003 cd and reinstalling the whole suite but had no luck. ...

interface error #2
Error message displays periodically "Your server administrator has limited the number of items that you can open simultaneously." We are running Outlook 2007 and Excnage 2003 Exchange 2003. Do I have to change settings in Exchange? ...

user breakpoint

Copying over VS2008 project with ADO.NET Data Entity Model
My old laptop died and I copied over a VS2008 C# project to my new one. This project entails using LINQ to query a ADO.NET Data Entity Model and push the results into an XML file. Pretty straightforward. When I build the project it's all good. But when I try to run the project it fails when the program is trying to iterate through the LINQ result set. The inner exception is listed as "Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances." I googled around and saw that perhaps some permissions issues are the culprit. So I went in and verified ...

Error starting NNTP Bridge
When I attempt to start Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge, while it is saying Starting NNTP Server, it gives me an error message box with the following message: Passport Header Missing. Because of this, I am unable to use the Microsoft Answers newsgroups from the Windows Live Mail newsreader. This problem just started, and there are no changes that I have made to any settings or anything else. Why is this happening? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ There was a message on the Website all day saying that there would be work b...

CRM 3.0: Report icon disappeared
Hi all, I am facing a major problem: The reports' icon for most of my users disappeared! A couple other people and myself are Admins and we can still access reports OK. The other users cannot see the report icon from the Accounts form, for example. When they access Reports under My Work, they get a blank form instead of the list of all reports. The only things I remember changing since it was last working are: - Rearranging most users in business units and changing which BU was parented by which. - I published the reports using VS2003 so now they are visible from http://crm-server/report...

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

distribution group creation error
When creating a distribution group with associated public folder, I see an error message about the creation of the public folder... Here is a copy of the add_distribution_group_wizard.log file Can anyone help me? ------------------------------- Date: 22/04/2004 Time: 11:38 User: administrator Command-Line: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Administration\addgrp.exe" -e -x ------------------------------- ------------------------------- Options specified by the user: Create a distribution group with the following name: fcvcvcv Add the following users and gro...

Replying with an alternate e-mail that uses the same gmail account
I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all forward to my personal gmail account. I have dealt with incoming mail forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the "From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though they sent it to one of my aliases. Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the same alias for the response? Ideally I'd like to be able to have an e-mail conversation app...

Need User Name and Password

normal.dot is in use by other application
Office 2003sp3 When two or more separate instances are opened, on closing a file in the second instance, the following errors appear (back translated from Dutch): * There are changes in the template Normal.dot. Do you want to save these changes? * This file is in use by another application or user (location of normal.dot) Word is configured _not_ to bug the user with questions about normal.dot (yes, I know that this is a security risk). That setting works when there is only one Word instance active. I have no control over the launching of Word applications because they are ...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...