user access question

What is the best way to restrict a user to only see a certain "Relationship
Type"?
I created a Relationship type of  "Canadian" and want this one user to only
be able to view records with that relationship type.

Thanks
Brian

0
brian (20)
11/3/2011 4:03:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

New to User Forms

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

Textbox If question
Hi I tried posting this yesterday but it didnt seem to work. Anyway I have a textbox I wish for it to look up a value from a table through a query for a particular cell by using critera however I would like the textbox to display the value -1 if the query says that no value is contained. One approach might be to do the conversion to -1 within your query (using an IIF() statement). -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "steveatdb" <st...

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Users Shared Folders

VBA in Access or Outlook
I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of the message only the data relative to the particular recipient. My question is which application Access or Outlook is the best one to code the module in to do this? I am using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Use the SendObject command in Access VBA. "Susan" wrote: > I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email > out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of ...

Users not showing up All Users

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

Cells object question
I am using the Cells object to set the "locked" property of my spreadsheet. The line looks like this: Cells.locked = True ' or can be False I feel real uncomfortable using that code by itself. Shouldn't I pre-qualify the Cells object with another object such as "ThisWorkbook" or something?? I just want to ensure that this code runs on the workbook it was intended for and not another active workbook. Thank you! Unless you know for certain that the sheet you are concerned with is the activesheet then yes, you should always qualify ...

user breakpoint

OWA Access stops / Outlook ok
Server is HP DL380 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win2k3. Up to last Thurs was running fine (as could be expected), but from thurs 23 morning we have found that Exchange is stopping the OWA service and webmail does not work. This is affecting almost all of our users as we are Mac-based and use Entourage - which is a WebDav client. It seems as though Outlook 2003 works still - checked via Parallels. I cannot find anything in the logs that is specifically about OWA/WebDav. Any suggestions for how to determine the cause please? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:52:02 -0800, craigontour <craigonto...

How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria. In my case expressions like (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False) After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design window. The query works fine. I open it again in design mode, and ... all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent arrangement. They spread over more cells. Everything looks very different. And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes. Because I feel that my way of express...

Need User Name and Password

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Access 2007
I have a table with 36 rows containing the field, FiscalYear, values, 1,2 or 3, and EndDate, containing month end values for 3 calendar years, for example, FiscalYear 1 EndDate for January is 1/31/2008, FiscalYear 2 is 1/31/2009 and FiscalYear 3 is 1/31/2010. Repeat for month end Feb - Dec for each FiscalYear. I'm trying to create a query that would return the maximum month-end for each fiscalyear. FiscalYear maxDate 1 12/31/2008 2 12/31/2009 3 12/31/2010 I've been futzing with returning unique values for fiscal year to re...

Advanced Charts Question
I'm moving and application from Excel to Access. In Excel there are stacked bar charts that show prior years End of Year Summary information along with Monthly summarized data for current year. There's also a target line that runs the width of the chart connecting last year's EOY bar with current year's final target value. To complicate everything, the charted values are in Parts Per Million. In Excel I just added columns for the Historical Annual data to the left of the monthly columns, and a column to the right for the final target value. I also added a row for the target va...

Message Mapping Question
Hi, I have Component One flexgrid control on one MFC app. I derived a class called MyGrid from the CVSFlexgrid ( wrapper class generated by vc++.net IDE ) to deal with some custom functions which are common to all the grids in the app. Now I want to intercept the right mouse button up event in the MYGrid class, do some processing and pass it on, so that if a event handler for this event is present in the dialog contanining the control some further processing is done else not. Something like ON_CONTROL_REFLECT. I implemented ON_CONTROL_REFLECT for windows common controls like combo boxe...