user access question

What is the best way to restrict a user to only see a certain "Relationship
Type"?
I created a Relationship type of  "Canadian" and want this one user to only
be able to view records with that relationship type.

Thanks
Brian

0
brian (20)
11/3/2011 4:03:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unresolved user ?
When a user tracks a mail from the send box it can't makes the sende name red and says that it can't resolve the contacts/account or user but the user has correct email. If it is a mail from the inbox the name is blue and it finds the user. Is it because it don't attach the mail to the user when it is a sent mail, if so it shouldn't give that error message when the email of the user is correct. Can anyone clear this out for me ? Thanx -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbruger...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

gp 10 401k w2 question
I have a client that uses gp 10 for payroll and has a 401k plan, my question is before they create the year end wage file do they need to have the retirement box ticked in the cards> payroll >tax window checked in order fpr the amounts to show correctly on the w2 in the right box?? Also in cards payroll and benefits what would need to go into w-2 box and w-2 label settings, thanks for your help On Dec 19, 7:29=A0am, Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a client that uses gp 10 for payroll and has a 401k plan, my quest= ion > is before they create the ye...

Mailbox permissions changing from user to custom
I am currently having a problem with clients not being able to access their mailbox. When they try, they get an error stating that "You do not have permission to open this folder". I look at the permissions on the individual mailbox and notice that in the window titled "Windows NT accounts with permissions", the role has changed from user to custom. I have looked on knowledge base but their cause/solution does not apply. Has anyone else come across this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Make sure that Primary NT account is set to what it should be. J...

Access 2007.
Good Day, I'm working with an Access 2000 database that I inherited and I'm having some problems with it since we've moved to Office 2007. First I can't seem to get the creating 'Database.mdb' to stop - now I've read it has something to do with Compact and Repair and possibly permissions, but nothing seems to work. Also I've noticed when a developer makes a copy of our Test Database to make some enhancements, she is noticing a lot of the data is being duplicated thus creating bigger problems. Does anyone have any advise for me as to what I can do to ge...

REQ: Help! Dynamics COM object gives "Access Denied" from ASP.NET
I am trying to automate some data entry for our admin support team by authoring web-based pages which interact with Great Plains Dynamics. Currently, I am designing a proof of concept which will open the Item Maintenance page (IV_ITEM_MAINTENANCE) and programmatically fill the "Item Number" field, move focus to another field (so Dynamics will fill the Item Description info into the "Item Description" field), and then read the text from the "Item Description" field. I am able to get the code to properly work both in VB6 and VB.NET (as a WinForms Application). Ho...

Blocked access to attachments in mail and freezing up
Where I work, we use Outlook Express for email. Since we downloaded a patch on 5/6/04, we receive this message for almost all attachments we receive: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments to your email" followed by a list of the attachments. We are able to open the attachments by hitting the "Forward" button, but this is clunky and takes away some options (such as printing the attachment directly without opening it). Our updated VirusScan program finds no problem with any of these attachments. Also one of our accounts frequently gets stuck wh...

Excel Cell Formatting question
I am using MS Excel 2003 SP1. I would like to have negative numbers display as red and in brackets ) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks To -- Tom Bradstree ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Bradstreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27296 Select the range you want to format and go to the Format menu, selec Cells. Then select the Number tab and select your number of decima places and the format for negative numbers ...

McAfee users beware of TODAYS update
Nothing like deleting Windows system files to start your day... http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=2003&tag=nl.e589 Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. "Terry R." <F1Com@NOSPAMpobox.com> wrote in message news:u8R$7Da4KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Nothing like deleting Windows system files to start your day... > http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=2003&tag=nl.e589 > > Terry R. > -- > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. > Delete NOS...

MBF Users... how can I autocreate?
It's easy enough to use the wizard to add users from AD to MBF, but my application is actually autoprovisioning the AD Users, and I'd like to automatically establish an MBF account at the same time. Are there any services exposed that would allow me to do that? Thanks! And MBF stands for? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "netdirector" wrote: > It's easy enough to use the wizard to add users from AD to MBF, but m...

Reproducable bug with Access 2007 runtime: macro, rename table does not work
Dear all, I have a macro renaming the table X to A. This macro works fine when access 2K3 is installed. With run-time 2007 (and perhaps with Access 2007 also), I don't get any error message and the rename is NOT done. (Run-time allows me to delete and import objects, but not to rename?) The table has no relations. Can someone tell me if there is a patch/workaround for this? Seems to be to be a (severe) bug. Regards, Alain ...

PERSONAL.xls question
How can I stop my PERSONAL.xls workbook from popping up first when I open an Excel application (this bugging the $#it out of me). Thx! Hi Remove it from XLStart folder (Probably C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart\, but it depends) Arvi Laanemets "coop" <sir.gcooper@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145642902.354748.228680@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can I stop my PERSONAL.xls workbook from popping up first when I > open an Excel application (this bugging the $#it out of me). Thx! > Do you really want it to not open or do you just want i...

New macro question..?
Hello all, Is there any way that you can change the format of a macro to show the A1 format from the R1C1 format as my macro listing shows it as R1C1 and I cannot make head nor tail of it. The macro was a recording and I am now editing it but the following code is as follows : ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-28]C:R[-1]C)" but I would like to be shown as : ActiveCell.Formula = "=SUM(d6:d33) Regards, -- Niall Just type the RC formula in the immediate window, then go to Excel and see what the cell shows. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, bu...

Sorting Question #3
Is it possible to sort via background colour of a cells ?/ Graham Hi Graham! Not without a VBA approach. See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm Provides a function for returning the color index and how to use it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Thanks , I guess i will revert to the old fashioned way !! >-----Original Message----- >Hi Graham! > >Not without a VBA approach. > >See: >Chip Pe...

Win XP
Three years ago I installed a SATA HDD (500G) on an Intel motherboard and then installed Windows XP, Home Edition and everything ran fine. Just put together a new machine with an ASUS board and a SATA HDD and once again no XP installation problem. The wizards at work tell me that is impossible, since XP does not support SATA and that, at a minimum, I'd have to load some SATA drivers from a FDD before installation, which of course I didn't and wasn't prompted to, by the XP installation program. On both machines, when I go into the BIOS, the HDDs are listed and recognized...

How to script user account?
Hi there, My company switch our email system to another company. because of that we need to add to the username in outlook 2003 change from username to username@mycompany.com (just add the @mycompany.com to the username) And the SMTP port from 111 to 110 (default port) Is there any way to create a vbs script that change this registry configuration When the user click on that file it will automatically modify these two parameters? we have about 150 users in 4 different states and it's very difficult to do it manually Thanks an advance Oded Dror ...

PST backup utility question
Is there a limit to the number of PST files that the PST Backup utility will work with? I have a user who has (egad) 120 PST files OPEN in Outlook at once. We have just set things up so that these PST files are on her LOCAL drive (she had been accessing them across the network), AND installed the PST Backup utility to back up these PST files to a USB hard drive hanging off her machine. But PST Backup doesn't see all her open PST files. There's not much documentation that I can find on this utility - does anyone know if there's a limit to how many PST files it can see? (for that ...

Excel not warning if another user has the workbook open
hi everyone, Normally Excel will warn users on my network if another user has already opened the workbook that they are trying to open. There are two or three workbooks that Excel stopped warning the user's about other users having them opened. I have checked "Read Only Recommended" under Tools -> Options -> Security Tab, which has solved the problem, ie users once again receive the warning if someone else has already opened the file however they are now also warned when opening the file that they should preferably open the file as Read Only. How do I configure these wo...

User privilege error!
Hi there! With a certain user I have the problem below: When I assign directly tasks to him, he can close them (complete or cancel) without any problem. But when tasks are assigned to him by a workflow process he can not close them, getting the message "Access Denied". However, he can assign them to someone else. In addition, I gave him the role "CEO" or "System Administrator" and he still cannot close his own tasks! I thought that I should delete the user and reopen him, but, since the user can only be disabled in CRM, I don't know how to proceed (CRM does no...

Track project FTE per year for five years in Access?
I need to track individuals' FTE on projects for each year of the projects, which could be up to 5 years. The FTE could be for three different time periods within each year (e.g., summer, school year, calendar year for Year 1, Year 2, and so on). What are the best fields to create and table structure for this? Thanks! How about using a from date and to date in a table such that you can have multiple ranges per person. tblProject: ProjectId tblPerson: PersonId tblAssignment: ProjectId PersonId FromDate ToDate -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they ea...

Error: Program trying to access e-mail addresses stored in Outlook
Have a popup window that comes up about 2-3 times a day. Says: " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". I have been clicking no, but it keeps coming back. I have the lastest Anti-virus updates (Norton) How have others dealt with this? Thanks ...

Error sending emails from Access through Outlook
I am having the typical problem when sending an email from Access. I get that error saying that another application is trying to send an email on my behalf or whatever. I heard that it can be bypassed by using sendObject, is this true? If so, how would i modify my code to use this.Function Email()'Set reference to OutlookOn Error GoTo Errhandler'Dim strBCC As StringDim db As DAO.DatabaseDim rst As DAO.RecordsetDim objOutl As Outlook.Application'Dim objEml As Outlook.MailItemDim i As IntegerSet db = CurrentDbSet rst = db.OpenRecordset("qryEmailReminder", dbOpenSnapshot)...

How to avoid questions during worksheets copy before ?
In my Excel 2010 workbook I want to copy a "master-sheet" e.g. a formatet sheet with named fields etc but without data. I use the Worksheets("master").Copy Before:=Sheets(2) The challenge is, that the user is asked if he want to use the rangenames from the master-sheet again. Can I avoid that (those, one for each named range) questions. I have tried with On Error Resume Next, buy as the question is not an error that statement has no effect. Regards Peter Use... Application.Display.Alerts = False ....This must be set to true before exiting your code. (note that the...

Contracts question/suggestion
In Contract billing, the invoice coverage dates needs to be noted on the SOP invoice which is created so the customer knows which period they are paying for. This would work well to put in the Header Comment field. Neil ...

Quick DTD syntax question
I have a dtd with the declaration: <!ELEMENT BDD (BSR, (AccountX | Agreement | Delivery | DET | Invoice | Part | Party | PartPres | PriceList)*)> Do I understand this correctly? Given that asterix at the end of the 'OR' list, this means that a properly formed XML must have: 1) A BDD element 2) Within the BDD, a BSR element 3) And finally, (also within the BDD) any number of instances of one or more elements from the 'OR' list, or none at all? (And if there were no asterix at the end of that 'OR' list, there would have to be one and only one copy of only one...