User Access Error in MSCRM

Hi all,

I hope someone can help with this problem.

I had MSCRM installed and working without any problems. A colleague of mine
went to assign a license to a new user by removing the license from an old
user. He then disabled the old user's account.
The result is that we are unable to access the entire CRM environment with
the error messages below.

I have uninstalled the CRM software and reinstalled but kept the same
database.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Pere

      Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report:
      Error Description:
      User Access Error

      Error Details:
      Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.

      Error Number:
      0x80049001

      Source File:
      Not available

      Line Number:
      Not available

            Date: 08-09-2005

            Time: 15:17:17

            Type: Platform Error (2)

            Server: paris

      Query String:
      /default.aspx

            Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
            User Access Error
execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more

            Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
User Access Error

            Source Error:

                  An unhandled exception was generated during the execution
of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of

            Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80049001): User Access Error]
   Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Cache cache, String
username) +222
   Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Page page) +72
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +104

Pere (1)
8/9/2005 6:45:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_015AF9BE

Hi Pere,

I was able to find a KnowledgeBase article that discusses the error message
that you are getting.  It is KB #861096.  I have copied the contents of the
article into this message.  Please let me know if this resolves the error
message for you:

SYMPTOMS

When you try to log on to the Microsoft Business Solutions - Microsoft CRM
Web client, you may receive one of the following error messages:
User access denied

The logged on user is either not a Microsoft CRM user, is disabled in the
system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned
a license.
Error details: Details on this error have not been provided by the
platform.
Error number: 0x80049001

CAUSE

These errors can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
 - The user profile that you are using to log on to Microsoft CRM may not
have an assigned license or may not have a valid Microsoft CRM role
assigned to it.
 - The Active Directory user account for your Microsoft CRM user was
removed from the UserGroup security group within Active Directory that is
located under the Microsoft CRM organizational unit.
 - The root business unit for Microsoft CRM has been deactivated.

RESOLUTION

Resolution 1

Verify that a license and a Microsoft CRM role exist for the user who is
logging on to Microsoft CRM.
1. Log on to the Microsoft CRM application as a user who has System
Administrator rights.
2. On the Home Page, click Settings, click Business Unit Settings, and then
click Users.
3. Select the user record for the user who cannot log on to the
application.
4. Click the Licenses tab. Verify that a license has been assigned to the
user. If a license has not been assigned, click Manage Licenses to add a
license.
5. Click the Roles tab. Verify that at least one Microsoft security role
has been assigned to the user. If a role has not been assigned, add a
security role. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Manage Roles. The Confirm Security Role Assignment dialog box
opens.
b. Click the security role that you want to assign, and then click OK.

Resolution 2

Add the user account back to the UserGroup security group in Active
Directory.
1. Log on to the domain controller.
2. Click Active Directory Users and Computers.
3. Click the appropriate Microsoft CRM organizational unit.
4. In the details pane, double-click UserGroup.
5. Click the Members tab.
6. Double-click UserGroup.
7. Click the Members tab.
8. If the user account is not listed, click Add.
9. Type the user name for that user, and then click OK.
10. Click OK on any additional dialog boxes until the Active Directory
Users and Computer dialog box appears.
Note Wait for the changes to replicate across the domain. This may take
some time if there are several domain controllers in the domain.

Resolution 3
1. Run the follow query against the Organization_Name _MSCRM database in
SQL Query Analyzer:
select * from BusinessUnitBase where IsDisabled = 1
This returns any business unit that is disabled in Microsoft CRM.
2. If any values are returned, locate the Name column in the query results,
and then see if the name of the root business unit is listed.
Note The name of the root business unit is the same as your Microsoft CRM
organization name.
3. If the root business unit is one of the disabled business units, contact
Microsoft CRM Support to receive assistance with enabling the business
unit.

Thank you,

Tami J. Lemar
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_015AF9BE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Pere,
\par
\par I was able to find a KnowledgeBase article that discusses the error message that you are getting.  It is KB #861096.  I have copied the contents of the article into this message.  Please let me know if this resolves the error message for you:
\par
\par \b SYMPTOMS \b0
\par
\par When you try to log on to the Microsoft Business Solutions - Microsoft CRM Web client, you may receive one of the following error messages:
\par User access denied
\par
\par The logged on user is either not a Microsoft CRM user, is disabled in the system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned a license.
\par Error details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.
\par Error number: 0x80049001
\par
\par \b CAUSE
\par \b0
\par These errors can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
\par  - The user profile that you are using to log on to Microsoft CRM may not have an assigned license or may not have a valid Microsoft CRM role assigned to it.
\par  - The Active Directory user account for your Microsoft CRM user was removed from the UserGroup security group within Active Directory that is located under the Microsoft CRM organizational unit.
\par  - The root business unit for Microsoft CRM has been deactivated.
\par
\par \b RESOLUTION\b0
\par
\par \b Resolution 1\b0
\par
\par Verify that a license and a Microsoft CRM role exist for the user who is logging on to Microsoft CRM.
\par 1. Log on to the Microsoft CRM application as a user who has System Administrator rights.
\par 2. On the Home Page, click Settings, click Business Unit Settings, and then click Users.
\par 3. Select the user record for the user who cannot log on to the application.
\par 4. Click the Licenses tab. Verify that a license has been assigned to the user. If a license has not been assigned, click Manage Licenses to add a license.
\par 5. Click the Roles tab. Verify that at least one Microsoft security role has been assigned to the user. If a role has not been assigned, add a security role. To do this, follow these steps:
\par a. Click Manage Roles. The Confirm Security Role Assignment dialog box opens.
\par b. Click the security role that you want to assign, and then click OK.
\par \b
\par Resolution 2\b0
\par
\par Add the user account back to the UserGroup security group in Active Directory.
\par 1. Log on to the domain controller.
\par 2. Click Active Directory Users and Computers.
\par 3. Click the appropriate Microsoft CRM organizational unit.
\par 4. In the details pane, double-click UserGroup.
\par 5. Click the Members tab.
\par 6. Double-click UserGroup.
\par 7. Click the Members tab.
\par 8. If the user account is not listed, click Add.
\par 9. Type the user name for that user, and then click OK.
\par 10. Click OK on any additional dialog boxes until the Active Directory Users and Computer dialog box appears.
\par \b Note \b0 Wait for the changes to replicate across the domain. This may take some time if there are several domain controllers in the domain.
\par
\par \b Resolution 3 \b0
\par 1. Run the follow query against the Organization_Name _MSCRM database in SQL Query Analyzer:
\par select * from BusinessUnitBase where IsDisabled = 1
\par This returns any business unit that is disabled in Microsoft CRM.
\par 2. If any values are returned, locate the Name column in the query results, and then see if the name of the root business unit is listed.
\par \b Note \b0 The name of the root business unit is the same as your Microsoft CRM organization name.
\par 3. If the root business unit is one of the disabled business units, contact Microsoft CRM Support to receive assistance with enabling the business unit.
\par
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Tami J. Lemar
\par Microsoft Business Solutions Support
\par
\par This posting is provided \ldblquote AS IS\rdblquote  with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_015AF9BE--

0
tlemar
8/10/2005 2:13:00 PM
Tami,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I followed the instructions in Resolution 3 and that returned our root
business unit as disabled.
Just out of Interest, can I not just run an update query to change the
IsDisabled Column?

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Pere

"Tami Lemar" <tlemar@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Note Wait for the changes to replicate across the domain. This may take
> some time if there are several domain controllers in the domain.
>
> Resolution 3
> 1. Run the follow query against the Organization_Name _MSCRM database in
> SQL Query Analyzer:
> select * from BusinessUnitBase where IsDisabled = 1
> This returns any business unit that is disabled in Microsoft CRM.
> 2. If any values are returned, locate the Name column in the query
> results,
> and then see if the name of the root business unit is listed.
> Note The name of the root business unit is the same as your Microsoft CRM
> organization name.
> 3. If the root business unit is one of the disabled business units,
> contact
> Microsoft CRM Support to receive assistance with enabling the business

0
Pere
8/10/2005 9:16:26 PM
Hi Tami,

I ran a SQL update query to change the IsDisabled column.
I am now able to run deployment manager after adding my name to the
UserGroup in AD.

In deployment manager there are no users listed.

When I try to add users I receive "login failed for user 'NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'"

If you are able to help, that would be nice.

Thanks again.

> [...]

> Note Wait for the changes to replicate across the domain. This may take
> some time if there are several domain controllers in the domain.
>
> Resolution 3
> 1. Run the follow query against the Organization_Name _MSCRM database in
> SQL Query Analyzer:
> select * from BusinessUnitBase where IsDisabled = 1
> This returns any business unit that is disabled in Microsoft CRM.
> 2. If any values are returned, locate the Name column in the query
> results,
> and then see if the name of the root business unit is listed.
> Note The name of the root business unit is the same as your Microsoft CRM
> organization name.
> 3. If the root business unit is one of the disabled business units,
> contact
> Microsoft CRM Support to receive assistance with enabling the business

0
Pere
8/10/2005 10:01:08 PM
Hi Tami,

I now have MSCRM working.
I did the following:

1. Used Resolution 3 of your suggestions, which show that the Root Business
unit was disabled.
2. I Ran a SQL Update query to change the IsDisabled column to 0.
3. I changed the CRMAppPool Identity under IIS Application pools to
LocalSystem from NetworkService.

We are now able to fully access MSCRM. I am aware of the warnings of using
LocalSystem account as the Application identity. If you have any suggestions
I would be grateful.

Thank you very much for your help on this.

> [...]

> Note Wait for the changes to replicate across the domain. This may take
> some time if there are several domain controllers in the domain.
>
> Resolution 3
> 1. Run the follow query against the Organization_Name _MSCRM database in
> SQL Query Analyzer:
> select * from BusinessUnitBase where IsDisabled = 1
> This returns any business unit that is disabled in Microsoft CRM.
> 2. If any values are returned, locate the Name column in the query
> results,
> and then see if the name of the root business unit is listed.
> Note The name of the root business unit is the same as your Microsoft CRM
> organization name.
> 3. If the root business unit is one of the disabled business units,
> contact
> Microsoft CRM Support to receive assistance with enabling the business

0
Pere
8/11/2005 11:02:25 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_07EAB4CA

Hi Pere,

I am glad to hear you were able to get CRM up and running - that is great!!

So is your concern now having the services running under LocalSystem
instead of the System Administrator account?  I just want to make sure I
understand what you are looking for from me.

Thank you,

Tami J. Lemar
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_07EAB4CA

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Pere,
\par
\par I am glad to hear you were able to get CRM up and running - that is great!!
\par
\par So is your concern now having the services running under LocalSystem instead of the System Administrator account?  I just want to make sure I understand what you are looking for from me.
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Tami J. Lemar
\par Microsoft Business Solutions Support
\par
\par This posting is provided \ldblquote AS IS\rdblquote  with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_07EAB4CA--

0
tlemar
8/11/2005 8:47:51 PM
Hi Tami,

Yes, After I re-enabled the root business unit, I had the following error
"login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'".
The Identity for the CRM Application pool in IIS was NetworkService. I
changed this to LocalSystem and that got MSCRM working again.
When I changed the identity I received a security warning, and I am just a
little concerned that I may be leaving the system exposed and not as secure
as the system should be.

SO I guess my questions are
1. what is the default identity that the CRMAppPool should be running under?
2. Is it unsafe to run with LocalSystem Identity?

Thanks very much for your help.

> Hi Pere,
>
> I am glad to hear you were able to get CRM up and running - that is
> great!!
>
> So is your concern now having the services running under LocalSystem
> instead of the System Administrator account?  I just want to make sure I
> understand what you are looking for from me.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tami J. Lemar
> Microsoft Business Solutions Support

> rights.

0
Pere
8/11/2005 10:33:37 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_0BDF48A4

Hi Pere,

In many other customer environments that I have worked with, they have both
the CRMAppPool and the rest of the CRM Services running with the Local
System account.  I am not aware of, nor have I heard of any customer having
security issues when running with the Local System account.

Have a nice weekend!
Thank you,

Tami J. Lemar
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_0BDF48A4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Pere,
\par
\par In many other customer environments that I have worked with, they have both the CRMAppPool and the rest of the CRM Services running with the Local System account.  I am not aware of, nor have I heard of any customer having security issues when running with the Local System account.
\par
\par Please let me know if you have any other questions.
\par Have a nice weekend!
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Tami J. Lemar
\par Microsoft Business Solutions Support
\par
\par This posting is provided \ldblquote AS IS\rdblquote  with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0BDF48A4--

0
tlemar
8/12/2005 3:13:59 PM
Hi Tami,

Thank you very much for your reply and I am very grateful for all your help
you and assistance.

Thank you so much and have yourself a very good weekend.

> Hi Pere,
>
> In many other customer environments that I have worked with, they have
> both
> the CRMAppPool and the rest of the CRM Services running with the Local
> System account.  I am not aware of, nor have I heard of any customer
> having
> security issues when running with the Local System account.
>
> Please let me know if you have any other questions.
> Have a nice weekend!
> Thank you,
>
> Tami J. Lemar
> Microsoft Business Solutions Support

> rights.

0
Pere
8/12/2005 4:00:22 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_0C720508

Hi Pere,

You are more than welcome - I am glad I was able to help you out.

You have a good weekend yourself!!

Thank you,

Tami J. Lemar
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_0C720508

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Pere,
\par
\par You are more than welcome - I am glad I was able to help you out.
\par
\par You have a good weekend yourself!!
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Tami J. Lemar
\par Microsoft Business Solutions Support
\par
\par This posting is provided \ldblquote AS IS\rdblquote  with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0C720508--

0
tlemar

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

New to User Forms

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Error number of columns does not match the header row! on Import
I am trying to import data from GoldMine into CRM and getting Error number of columns does not match the header row! can anybody help Many thanks in advance Hi Jim how are you importingthem are you using scribe, or a diffferent tool -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk "Jimbo" wrote: > I am trying to import data from GoldMine into CRM and getting Error number > of columns does not match the header row! can anybody help > Many thanks in advance Check the thread of 20/3/2007 "Number of columns does not match the header row" I think it'l...

Users Shared Folders

VBA in Access or Outlook
I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of the message only the data relative to the particular recipient. My question is which application Access or Outlook is the best one to code the module in to do this? I am using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Use the SendObject command in Access VBA. "Susan" wrote: > I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email > out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of ...

Send/Recieve error in Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded one of uor machines from Office 2002 to Office 2003. All was well, excep Outlook started doing very strange things. It will send mail just fine, but when it recieves it will download the first two or three then freeze up and go "Not Responding". So, I close it down and reopen it, hit Send/Receive again and it grabs the first two or three messages it downloaded already and relpicates them in the inbox. Then it freezes up again. I tried running the "repair" feature off of the Office 2003 cd and reinstalling the whole suite but had no luck. ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

interface error #2
Error message displays periodically "Your server administrator has limited the number of items that you can open simultaneously." We are running Outlook 2007 and Excnage 2003 Exchange 2003. Do I have to change settings in Exchange? ...

OWA Access stops / Outlook ok
Server is HP DL380 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win2k3. Up to last Thurs was running fine (as could be expected), but from thurs 23 morning we have found that Exchange is stopping the OWA service and webmail does not work. This is affecting almost all of our users as we are Mac-based and use Entourage - which is a WebDav client. It seems as though Outlook 2003 works still - checked via Parallels. I cannot find anything in the logs that is specifically about OWA/WebDav. Any suggestions for how to determine the cause please? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:52:02 -0800, craigontour <craigonto...

Error starting NNTP Bridge
When I attempt to start Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge, while it is saying Starting NNTP Server, it gives me an error message box with the following message: Passport Header Missing. Because of this, I am unable to use the Microsoft Answers newsgroups from the Windows Live Mail newsreader. This problem just started, and there are no changes that I have made to any settings or anything else. Why is this happening? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ There was a message on the Website all day saying that there would be work b...

How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria. In my case expressions like (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False) After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design window. The query works fine. I open it again in design mode, and ... all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent arrangement. They spread over more cells. Everything looks very different. And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes. Because I feel that my way of express...

Access 2007 runtime Error
I have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 pl...

distribution group creation error
When creating a distribution group with associated public folder, I see an error message about the creation of the public folder... Here is a copy of the add_distribution_group_wizard.log file Can anyone help me? ------------------------------- Date: 22/04/2004 Time: 11:38 User: administrator Command-Line: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Administration\addgrp.exe" -e -x ------------------------------- ------------------------------- Options specified by the user: Create a distribution group with the following name: fcvcvcv Add the following users and gro...

Need User Name and Password

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

First-chance exception . . . (NTDLL.DLL) . . . Access Violation.
What is the basic meaing of this? : First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. Steve Russell wrote: > What is the basic meaing of this? : > > First-chance exception in Room 101.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access > Violation. > > Only the developers of NTDLL.DLL know. Since you can't do anything about it you must assume it is an uninteresting event that was handled by code designed to handle it. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > Steve Russell wrote: >> What is the basic meaing of this? : >> >> F...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Access 2007
I have a table with 36 rows containing the field, FiscalYear, values, 1,2 or 3, and EndDate, containing month end values for 3 calendar years, for example, FiscalYear 1 EndDate for January is 1/31/2008, FiscalYear 2 is 1/31/2009 and FiscalYear 3 is 1/31/2010. Repeat for month end Feb - Dec for each FiscalYear. I'm trying to create a query that would return the maximum month-end for each fiscalyear. FiscalYear maxDate 1 12/31/2008 2 12/31/2009 3 12/31/2010 I've been futzing with returning unique values for fiscal year to re...