use port number for the sql server? while installing CRM 3.0

when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0,
can we use port number for the sql server?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Responded to on the CRM Deployment forum.
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"Amit - Techtrends" wrote:

> when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0,
> can we use port number for the sql server?

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Go Offline in Outlook fails with SQL General Error
Hello After sometimes going offline in Outlook CRM Client I get an SQL General Error and the process cancels. I can repair that using the Diagnose program of the CRM Client. There I saw an message which says Outlook Client Subcription is corrupt. In the Eventlog I found following Error Message: Ereignistyp: Fehler Ereignisquelle: MSCRMOfflineSync Ereigniskategorie: Keine Ereigniskennung: 6000 Datum: 21.05.2008 Zeit: 18:10:13 Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: NB169 Beschreibung: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. So...

Add times, convert to number not time of day?
Okay, this should be pretty simple. 17:24:00 + 00:24:00 = 7 5:00 PM + 9:30 PM = 4.5 That's what i'm trying to achieve. A start time, a finish time, and the time it took between them. Not a clock time of 5pm + 9pm = 2am How can this be done? thanks, Benjamin i forgot, i might want to add this in. I did this: a1 - 9:30 a2 - 10:00 a3 = a2-a1 the result is .02 ??? =MOD(B1-A1,1) format as hh:mm or [h]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "spezticle" <spezticle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7093FF53-BA3B-4003-B4D3-65941455C6FB@microsoft.com... >...

using forms

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

Possible incorrect number of sent emails reporting
Hi, I have a strange issue - 'possibly'. I have a 2 week report from a client's SBS 2003 Exchange server, and I see a spike in the number of sent emails from a particular user - over 800 sent over a 2 week period. Since that time, we have turned on SMTP logging and upon reviewing a recent 5 day report from that log, I only count around 75 emails sent from the same user over those 5 days. My client wants to know why those 800+ emails are showing from the Exchange server performance report, and if that report is incorrect. The trends in the outgoing SMTP logging for that server ...

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Using Spanish on Publisher

Read receipts #3
Exchange 5.5 Two questions. When a message is received through the IMC and the external user has requested a read receipt, is a read receipt sent out to them? If so, how can I stop read receipts being sent to external clients only? Any help appreciated. Mike. If I recall, this enabled or disabled on the IMC itself. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f50a01c457a7$faba8820$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 5.5 > Two questions. > When a message is received ...

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server
Our company is in process to implement Great Plains and MS Solutions Partner suggested next configuration: 1 server - WS 2003 standart (Terminal Server) 2 server - WS 2003 Standart + SQL 2000. Is it possible to use on server 2 Small Business Server 2003 Premium ? What about problems with domain? Regards, I do not believe it is possible to have two machines running Windows SBS 2003 because each machine will want to be the domain controller. I think you'd be better off with: Machine 1: Windows 2003 with Terminal Services Machine 2: Windows 2003 with SQL Server. This machine can also...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

PST Backup #3
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know what may have gone wrong? "Toad" <ron@somercotes.net> wrote in message news:1123657499.608786.210550@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into > Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try > to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know > what may have gone...

High number of page faults per second, but has enough memory?
Hi, I'm having a problem with an application, it easily has enough physical RAM but it's generating a very large number of page faults (2000 per second). Does anyone know why this might be? ...

Mail Delivery Error #3
Hi, I've been getting the following error through the exchange server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: discount Sent: 5/22/2006 4:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@addresshere.com on 5/22/2006 5:02 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. < dms2.vps.net.au #5.4.6 SMTP; 554 5.4.6 Too many hops> Background information: We host an Excha...

Using XML with ASP.NET

error trying to install MSMQ
Hi everyone I am trying to install Microsoft CRM on a win 2003 server, I need to install the message queuing service on this machine I tried to install the message queuing service from the win 2003 CD. I installed on this machine win 2003, SQL and SP3. This computer is on a domain (win 2003 domain). the installation of the message queuing component failed. I got this error: Message queuing configuration object in Active Directory was not created. Error Code: 0x80072020 Error Description: An operations error occurred. I think I should make some configuration of the Message queuing on the Do...

Using secured OMA

CRM 4
How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activities CRM 4.0 forms. Requirement is, have to customize CRM forms to provide navigation controls (First, Previous, Next & Last) in the above mentioned forms. Is there any Webservices or any other possible ways to provide these functionalities? Try this blog post by the people at CWR Mobility: http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2005/12/adding-nextprevious-buttons-to-entity.html Should work for everything but Activities. -- MD "Ajai" wrote: > How to add Navigation controls in Accounts, Contacts and Activit...

Average of Numbers in Top 5
How do I tell excel to look at only the top x numbers in a list of values? For example, if I have 100 scores and I want Excel to calculate the average of the top 10 scores, how do I do that? Thanks One way =AVERAGE(LARGE($A$1:$A$100,ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")))) entered with ctrl + shift & enter regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jake" wrote: > How do I tell excel to look at only the top x numbers in a list of values? > For example, if I have 100 scores and I want Excel to calculate the average > of the top 10 scores, how do I do that? > > Thanks =AVERAGE(LA...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList