URL Error Hitting Internal CRM

I have set up a CRM 3.0 server and all looks good... but when I try to hit
the CRM intranet site that was created during the installation
(http://myserver:5555) I have a problem from my XP clients.  Basically when
the client hits that url it goes to the site but IE then immediatly closes.
When I do this as an admin from the server I get the window stating
something like "crm is going to open another IE from crm and close the
calling IE"  I can then choose to close the existing IE and the new IE is
launched into CRM.  Clients get nothing and new new IE is launched.  Is
there some setting in IE that is incorrect on the XP client?

Thanks!

-Richard K

0
Richard
2/6/2008 12:02:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1. Check your popup blocker, remove that.

2. there is google bar or msn bar, remove that and it will work

3. Install rollup update 2 as well

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Richard K" wrote:

> I have set up a CRM 3.0 server and all looks good... but when I try to hit
> the CRM intranet site that was created during the installation
> (http://myserver:5555) I have a problem from my XP clients.  Basically when
> the client hits that url it goes to the site but IE then immediatly closes.
> When I do this as an admin from the server I get the window stating
> something like "crm is going to open another IE from crm and close the
> calling IE"  I can then choose to close the existing IE and the new IE is
> launched into CRM.  Clients get nothing and new new IE is launched.  Is
> there some setting in IE that is incorrect on the XP client?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Richard K

0
mscrmexpert (134)
2/6/2008 3:30:00 PM
You can also call the loader directly, however, this will not hide the
internet explorer tool bar, drop down menus, or address bar, making
them available to CRM users and allowing them to bypass screens.

http://myserver:5555/loader.aspx
0
anedza (69)

Posting Errors
Testing the connection between RMS and QB Pro 2006, I keep getting an error that says "Transaction Not In Balance", but it is. Is there a way to back and check and or correct this? Make a backup of your database. in SO Manager, File/Configuration, change the Accounting Integration type to RMS XML try posting the batch - you will have to give it a file name. open the resulting XML File in notepad (Or an XML Editor like XML Spy if you have one) the file will show you all of the credits and debits and the account they are posted to. Add up all Of the Credits Add up all of the ...

Outlook 2000 error 80040154
After a disk crash, I reinstalled Outlook. I configured my email account and hit send/receive. Outlook dialog box shows going through the motions, receiving x number of emails, but then reports a failure, error 80040154, says internet mail is not registered properly, to reinstall and try again. I used detect and repair to no avail. I went into Outlook Express and had no problem getting my email. Express must have used the email account I setup in Outlook, so that shows the account is correct. I'm using a cable modem with Comcast. Why would Outlook have a problem that Expre...

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

CRM 4 and Apple computer
Hi all, I was wondering if CRM 4 works with Safari browser... if not, any suggestion to make it works in Apple environment?? thanks Vit CRM don't work in Safari. Need .NET for using the CRM client. Solutions are: 1. Virtual machine on machintosh 2. Terminal server for CRM users Lorenzo Soncini Vit wrote: > Hi all, > > I was wondering if CRM 4 works with Safari browser... > > if not, any suggestion to make it works in Apple environment?? > > thanks > > Vit That's this IE dependance that we partly break with Addon Nice Server. CS http://www.addonnic...

IE8
I'm not aware of what causes this problem. After IE8 displays the homepage, a message pops up stating a program has attempted to change the default search provider .. blah blah. Bing is now the default search provide and can not be changed. The "Set as default" button does nothing. Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP3 What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the backgr...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

Error in report
I'm using MS Money Plus on a PC with Windows Vista. Beginning yesterday (1 January 2009), any report in Money set with dates into the future (i.e. forcasting future cash flows etc) do not pick up transactions that involve loan accounts. The reports worked fine as of 31 December 2008, and I have not made any changes to them since then. An example is a report I use to forcast cash flows from my primary checking account 6 months into the future. There are payments from this checking account to a loan account during the next 6 months, and the next payment shows up as normal in the lis...

GetRuntimeClass error
LPR2.0 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CMainWindow::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CMainWindow@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) LPR2.0 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass const CMainWindow::classCMainWindow" (?classCMainWindow@CMainWindow@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B) I doubt it there is some setting problem. Any ideas? Thanks Jack "Jack" <jl@knight.com> ���g��l��s�D:Os3fVvwfGHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > LPR2.0 error LNK2001: unresolved ...

Sending external email from CRM 3.0 #3
We cannot send external email from CRM, only internally. The Exchange and CRM servers are on different computers. I followed the troubleshooting steps outlined in KB article 939402 but still same result... Any ideas? ...

how to display error message?
Hi all, I am using VC++ to develop some XLL file for use in Excel 2003. Of course there are bugs. The cell display "#NUM!". But in VC++ I've already thrown exception with error message: if (a!=b) throw Constructor ("a must be equal b.", "myclass")... Why couldn't I see the error message in Excel? Thanks! hi not sure if i'm uderstanding correctly but if a cell is displaying #NUM!, that is the error. what is the fomula that is generating the error. see this site for a explination of excel formula errors. http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dummi...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Consultant Job Opening in Chennai
Dear All, We are having Microsoft Dynamics CRM Job Opening in Chennai CRM Technical Consultant This individual will assist with defining application requirements, technical specifications, use-cases, workflow processes and effort estimation involving customization or integration of Microsoft CRM. Assist with providing internal and client support of Microsoft CRM installations. Obtain certifications in Microsoft CRM. Required Skills/Experience: =B7 Implementing and supporting Microsoft CRM; =B7 Integrating Microsoft CRM to Great Plains, Navision, JD Edwards...

grant.sql error
Hello: Is it OK to ignore the following error found upon running grant.sql in GP 9.0: Cannot find the user 'DYNGRP', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Thanks! childofthe1980s No. Make sure the SQL Role called DYNGRP exists in the Dynamics database. Brenner (www.KlenzmanConsulting.com) "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Is it OK to ignore the following error found upon running grant.sql in GP 9.0: > > Cannot find the user 'DYNGRP', because it does not exist or you do not have >...

[Error number: 0x80072EFE
[Error number: 0x80072EFE gg wrote: :: [Error number: 0x80072EFE 0x80072EFE - ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED - The connection with the server has been terminated. How do I reset Windows Update components? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 Clean boot - see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 Now reset the Windows Components using the "Fix It" method - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 Right click the link under the Fixit icon named ' Fix this problem ', save the ResetWindows.msi to the Desktop, and once the download completes, clos...

Publisher 2000 SR-1 (Error Code)
I recently bought a new PC with Office 2003 Basic pre-installed, I've only just recently attempted to install my old Pulisher 2000 SR-1 CD-ROM, and I keep getting these two error messages: "Setup failed to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine. Please select the drive where a qualifying product can be found." And... "Error 1608. Could not find any previously installed compliant products on the machine for installing their product." I don't understand what a "qualifying product" is. Can anyone help? This application had worked perfec...

Please help! Error message "mnycopymar"?
Just recently upgraded to Ms Money 2005 and updated online but I keep getting the following errors:- "mnycopymar has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "mnyupdate@#@.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have no idea why this is happening but would sure appreciate someone to help me get rid of this nagging errors. Thanks! Excalibur In microsoft.public.money, excalibur wrote: >Just recently upgraded to Ms Money 2005 and updated online but I keep >getting the following errors:- > > >"mnycopymar has encountered a proble...

CRM Error message
I have one user that always seems to incur issues with viewing certain quotes or opportunities, and sometimes workplace activities. He is the only one in our company that uses CRM that has this problem. For example, when he tries to "open in new window" an attachment to a note...he receives the following error message: 'C:\Documents and Settings\userid.domain\Local Settins\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\K9EVODE3\filename.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the filename and and that the file location is correct. If you are trying to ope the file fro...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

permissions errors
I am receiving "Unable to save file due to permissions error" message when attemtping to save files to my flash drive. As a aresult, I am unable to save any documents to that drive. Save to the hard drive and copy to the flash drive. You will find a macro to facilitate that at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><...

CRM 4.0 for Outlook sync frequency
Hi; In the CRM for outlook, on the options-->Synchronization tab you can specify the frequency at which the client syncs with CRM. the default is 60 minutes I think. if choose to un-check the 6 snyc items (appts, contacts, tasks, phone calls, letters, faxes) because I don't want to sync any of it, the frequency and in fact thye option to sync gets greyed out. That is all fine I think. But if I'm using the Outlook client as my crm mail provider (inbound and out), and I create/send a CRM e-mail using the web forms, the e-mail does eventually get sync'd down to outlook ...

If Vlookup is error ( #NA)
I have this formula =IF(VLOOKUP(RU!C3,data!$E$3:$R$16,2,FALSE)>0,(VLOOKUP(RU!C3,data!$E$3:$R$16,2,FALSE)),"") that is producing #NA if it doesn't find C3. I would instead like the result to be blank "" when it produces an #NA Thanks, Steve Maybe this, but not completely sure. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP([RU]Sheet1!C3,data!$E$3:$R$16,2,FALSE)),0,((VLOOKUP([RU]Sheet1!C3,data!$E$3:$R$16,2,FALSE)))) HTH Regards, Howard "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C900AB0D-849F-4BA9-8309-5D76657ECA5D@microsoft.com......

Error Message #28
Person A has Excel 2000 and is receiving files from Person B with Excel 2002. When Person A opens Person B files, she gets the standard (dis)enable macros, followed by a "Read-Only" message. After that Excel crashes with a Program Error of "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." I have Excel 2002 and have no problem with the file. When I try to resave the file in Excel 97-2002 version, it is VBA protected with a password and I cannot SaveAs. I had Person A contact Person B and have THEM save the file in 97-...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

Hit CTRL-P and Outlook marks message as unread
Hello, Currently I am experiencing a problem with Outlook, that I beleive I did not have in the past. I have my messages in my Inbox all marked as unread. I have my preview pane set to my right hand side. When I highlight a message to see it in the Preview pane and then move on to the next message the original message stays as unread. This is okay. The issue lies when I highlight the message and then try to print the message by hitting Ctrl-P. As soon as the printin process has completed the messages becomes unread. I need the message to stay unread even though I hit Ctrl...

Error 206 The register is not in the database
I'm having this major problem I delete the register in the manager and now I can't get logged. I've tried some proceedings I saw in this forum and doesn't work( setting the registers # through the Administrator). Please can someone help !! Hi Rene You could run a SQL query to add your register back, but one of the things I've learned about RMS in the few months I've been working with this software is that sometimes there are multiple tables on the database that need to be updated with your queries; my suggestion is to wait and see if more experienced users can ...