Urgent - Insufficient Permissions!

I have a strange problem. There are two users in my system, the first having
a sales professional license and the second having a customer service
professional license.
The salesrep (with the sales professional license) posts a task in a queue.
The second user (with customer service professional license) can view /
accept / assign this queue. But for some strange reason he cannot edit the
task. When he tries to do this he gets an "Insufficient Permissions" message.
Both the users belong to the same business unit. To make things simple I
defined the second user as a "System Administrator". Even then he is getting
this message while trying to edit the content of the task.
I am a sys admin in the system and I can edit the task. The only differnce
between me and this user is that I have a suite professional license!! Any
idea whats going wrong?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you by any chance using Windows 2003 Server with Service Pack 1?

If so, check out my problem last month.  Search for "You don't have
sufficient privileges" in the CRM newsgroup.

It had more to do with sending direct email and running manual rules, but
you never know...

Tom Francisco

"manesco" wrote:

> I have a strange problem. There are two users in my system, the first having
> a sales professional license and the second having a customer service
> professional license.
> The salesrep (with the sales professional license) posts a task in a queue.
> The second user (with customer service professional license) can view /
> accept / assign this queue. But for some strange reason he cannot edit the
> task. When he tries to do this he gets an "Insufficient Permissions" message.
> Both the users belong to the same business unit. To make things simple I
> defined the second user as a "System Administrator". Even then he is getting
> this message while trying to edit the content of the task.
> I am a sys admin in the system and I can edit the task. The only differnce
> between me and this user is that I have a suite professional license!! Any
> idea whats going wrong?

mailbox permissions #20
I need to prevent users from being able to view/add anothers user's mailbox to their outlook unless they are delagated rights to it by that user. What is the best way to lock down the mailbox store to prevent other users from reading other users emails? Check inherited permissions...by default, no one should be able to view anyone else's mailbox... "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA2BFA8F-61FF-42D5-9833-ADBB84B421C7@microsoft.com... > I need to prevent users from being able to view/add anothers user's mailbox > to their out...

Priv.edb to new exchange server-very urgent
I would like to know if it is even possible to take a copy of the priv.edb, not a backup, a plain copy of the database and copy it to a new Exchange 2000 server install and be able to retrieve, read or see the mail, calender and contacts that are in this database with Outlook. The original server died and before it was reinstalled our tech just made a copy of the MDBDATA directory and wiped the machine clean and reinstalled everything setting up a new Exchange server. The company thought theyhad a backup and did not. My job is to try and settup another server to try and get back calender, ma...

Outlook client error : URGENT
Hi ! I just upgraded a 1.2 CRM to 3.0 SBS. The server is working fine and I can use CRM through IE. I installed the client on 2 machines and it goes just great but when I start outlook it says that the CRM Outlook client needs to be upgraded and deactivates CRM. The client is one I downloaded from Microsofts homepage because I didn't have the orginial client cd with me. Has anyone experienced this ? It is outlook 2003 sp2 clients on Windows XP. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrug...

Public Folder Permissions #18
Is it possible to restrict permissions so that users can read messages but are unable to forward the message on or copy the message? In news:264A1701-529D-4A47-B375-8C0731D462B5@microsoft.com, Claire Taylor <Claire Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is it possible to restrict permissions so that users can read > messages but are unable to forward the message on or copy the message? Not that I know of. On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 02:26:09 -0800, "Claire Taylor" <Claire Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to restrict permissions so tha...

Public Folder permissions #23
I am looking for a detailed explanation of the anonymous and default permissions for exchange 2003 public folders. Can someone point me to a white paper, url, or something? Thanks. "Jeffrey" <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking for a detailed explanation of the anonymous and default >permissions for exchange 2003 public folders. Can someone point me to a >white paper, url, or something? Thanks. There's not a lot to it. Default = Authenticated Users. I.e., anyone with credentials. Anonymous = connections with no credentials. I.e., no ...

GrantMailboxPermission.err File
After running the GrantMailboxPermission script, the error file contains the following error for each mailbox: "Deny permission already added: LDAP://....." It looks like I need to bulk remove the deny permission attribute here, from each AD user object - what is the best technique to use for this task? Or am I reading this error correctly? Thanks James ...

Invisible Pictures
Never had a prob before, but since yesterday, when I try to put a picture into MS Publisher (2003) it's invisible. It's there, because the placeholders adapt to the new shape and size - but no picture is actually visible. I've tried it with images I've used previously just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the actual image I was trying to put in, but no joy. Can't find anything in Help or Troubleshooting to address this problem. Much appreciate any ideas as I need to do this for our shop publicity. The third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes...

Public Folder
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 and 5.5 server with 5.5 as the front end during my migration. The public folders currently reside on the 5.5 server but are being replicated to the 2003 server. I just added a public folder of the calendar type, and I added everyone to the folder, but one user will not stick to the permissions list. I go to the permissions, add, I select the user, put the user as a reviewer, hit apply and ok, and the user is not on the list. No errors are being reported and there is nothing in the event viewer. I have tried both right on the server and also in my personal o...

Export email addresses? (somewhat urgent)
This is a fairly urgent question - we are closing our business for the hurricane and want to send an email to our clients letting them know of our closure. This email needs to come from a person in our company who is not on CRM, therefore, I can't do a CRM email. So, I need to export selected email addresses in a format that can be sent to someone else (Excel, Word???) so they can copy & paste it into an email. How do I do this?? HELP! Thank you! Andrea Andrea. Sorry by the hurricane. Hope that these can help you. If you use Query Analizer of SQL you can write a simple query a...

Urgent help
Hi. I need some urgent help on installing Exchange 2003. I have an existing domain called master.local and a child domain called child.local. We were concerned about security. So we decided to use the .local naming convention. If I were to use the .local domain controller to install Exchange 2003, can emails still be routed out to the internet? Appreciate if someone could give me a reply. Regards, Choo Yes. You set the email domian in the recipient polices after exchange is installed. "choo" <choo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36A51B07-8FDE-4859-BC...

undo saved excel file (very urgent)
Hi everybody, I have saved an excel file accidentally and I have to take the file back before saving.How can I do?Please help. If I dont it will take too much time to reprepare the file.Thank you Hi The file is overwritten. You have to find one of your backup CDs. HTH. best wishes Harald "onur ekinci" <onur.ekinci@arcelik-lg.com> skrev i melding news:1c5e01c49a4c$27c68490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everybody, > I have saved an excel file accidentally and I have to take > the file back before saving.How can I do?Please help. If I > dont it will take too much tim...

Exchange 5.5 Permission Issue
Hello Everyone. Currently we have Exchange 5.5 is out email server and works like a charm. We migrated our users to New AD 2003 domain and after that we add(actually replaced the NT domain permission to AD permission admin) the our help desk users to the exchange5.5 recepient container. Now when help desk users (permission admin with AD ) on exchange get the insifficent access. Can any one help ? regards, Andrew ...

Permissions needed to forward an attached email?
I have a manager that wants his admin assistant's to be able to send him a draft email as an attachment. He then wants to open the attached email, make any necessary changes and forward it on to whoever he wants. When he attempts to forward the message from one of the assistant's he get the message that "you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator", and is unable to send it. The funny thing is that he can do this when one of the assistants send the attached email to him and cann...

Remote Desktop Permission.
Is it possible to allow only certain users to access Terminal Server only from Local Area? I need to find a way to give access to few people to Terminal Server through rdp from anywhere and few people ONLY from private network. The DC is SBS03. To change the set of permissions a user must have to establish a Terminal Services session, you can chose among "Allow logon through Terminal Services" and "Deny logon through Terminal Services" options. To allow a user to have access to Terminal Services, go to Group Policy settings, open up Local Security Policy or th...

Sync of public folder permissions between 5.5 and 2003
I am in the process of updating from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003. I have successfully run the ADC and have all the user accounts and public folders sync'd from 5.5 to 2003. I am also running the Exchange sync tools to keep the free + busy info up to date and also public folders. I have found that when I run the sync tool, I do not get permission from the 5.5 public folders copied to 2003. Since we have over 2000 folders, reassigning permission is not an option. Any ideas of thoughts greatly appreacited! Robert Have you changed AD to native mode? Have you run the Exdeploy tools? http:/...

exchange 2000 server urgente
chiedo aiuto in merito ho un dominio aziendale dove tutti i pc sono sotto dominio e sottostanno alle regole del dominio stesso. vengo al problema voglio installare un server exchange 2000 tramite small business server pero' mi capita questo: dopo tutta l' istalllazione se provo acollegarmi da una qualunque macchina della rete con un ip fisso il pc mi vede il server di exchange e quindi si autentica e mi fa vedere la cassetta postale a me dedicata , ma se invece uso il collegamento in dhcp(quello usato di norma nella mia rete) allora il server exchange non mi riconosce e quindi n...

Please help very urgent ageing by if condiction
I have three column in my excel sheet 1. Month 2. year 3. Amount 4. Period In period column, I want to show 1. if the month is current month it should be shown as ' Curnet' 2. If the previous month it should be shown as '30' 3 if before previous month it should be 60 4 otherwise '120' Please help Try this: =CHOOSE(DATEDIF(DATE(B2,A2,1),TODAY(),"m")+1,"current","30","60","120") -- Regards! Stefi „pol” ezt írta: > I have three column in my excel sheet > > 1. Mo...

Exchange Permissions #3
We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the child domains. There is no exchange server in the root domain. We have setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes. According to a doc I read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in the exchange admin group. Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups they have only view rights delegated to them. Any ideas why this is? The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization...

Permissions on Exchange server (maybe)
In my own Outlook calendar getting error "Changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder for the item?" Cannot accept meeting requests or edit any items in my calendar. Checked AD settings and have full for SELF. Tried on another laptop (XP and Win2k), same. Tried another version of Office (2k and xp), same. Tried office updates. Happends on any box, with any Office version, still cannot edit my own calendar or accept meetings. Please he...

Permissions in outlook
I have outlook xp and the only user of my machine, and I had a glitch hit my system this week and I am unabel to get my outlook to send and receive. computers says I dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation. then when I say ok, I get a file conversion to word saying that it cannot start (c:\...\startup\~$newreader6.dot) Can anyone help? Have you tried the "Detect and Repair" utility? TOOLS | HELP menu -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Speck" <Speck@satx.rr.com> wrote in message news:012401c35471$2414dad0$a101280a@phx.gbl... I have outlo...

Where are "Send on Behalf" permissions stored
Hello NG, I have the following issue in our organization (E2k3 SP2 / W2k3 SP1) UserA configured delegated access to his mailbox to three persons (UserB, UserC, UserD). He also acitvated the option that meeting requests and answers should only be sent to his delegates. Now one of the delegates' accounts (UserD) is deleted from Active Directory. This account cannot be seen neither in the Outlook delegation settings nor in the delegation settings of the AD account of UserA. but when a meeting request is sent to UserA the sender gets an NDR telling him that UserD cannot be reached becaus...

Set permissions also on the subfolders?
Hi! We deployed Exchnage 2003 on W2K3 domain. If I try to set permissions on the mailbox folder and subfolder of a mailbox by using PFDavAdmin, I can set the permissions only on the selected folder, but the subfolder permissions are not affected. How can I set the permission on mailbox folder and all of subfolders by using PFDavAdmin? Best Regards Mustafa On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 07:44:28 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >We deployed Exchnage 2003 on W2K3 domain. > >If I try to set permissions on the mailbox folder and subfolder of a...

registry permissions
Hi All, recently I applied a security template to a terminal server with visio on it. Now only admins are able to run the application. All other users get only the Visio splash screen. I've used regmon to find that it is the security permissions in the registry. The only problem is that I can't seem to apply the correct permissions to the keys using the gpo for the server. Reg keys are deleted and recreated during the opeing of the application. Does anyone know the best way around this as it's driving me nuts. Any advice would be great for deploying visio in a terminal se...

"Local Activation" permission
Hello, I'm trying to learn how to build ab Event Handler, using the "template" of Joel Krist: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb802729.aspx But when I publish a Proposal to test my event handler, the publishing fails whatever the proposal name. In the Event Viewer I have the error message several times within the same minute: The permission settings specific to this application don't allow "Local Activation" permission for the server application COM with the CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1} to the SID PRG2007\srvProjectPool1 of ...

The modified permissions could not be saved ???
Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to the Calendar folder or do I have to use a global or universal group? I always get: "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." I'm trying to grant permissions on my personal calendar which is maintained on the Exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 - Exchange 2000. ...