Urgent - Insufficient Permissions!

I have a strange problem. There are two users in my system, the first having
a sales professional license and the second having a customer service
professional license.
The salesrep (with the sales professional license) posts a task in a queue.
The second user (with customer service professional license) can view /
accept / assign this queue. But for some strange reason he cannot edit the
task. When he tries to do this he gets an "Insufficient Permissions" message.
Both the users belong to the same business unit. To make things simple I
defined the second user as a "System Administrator". Even then he is getting
this message while trying to edit the content of the task.
I am a sys admin in the system and I can edit the task. The only differnce
between me and this user is that I have a suite professional license!! Any
idea whats going wrong?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you by any chance using Windows 2003 Server with Service Pack 1?

If so, check out my problem last month.  Search for "You don't have
sufficient privileges" in the CRM newsgroup.

It had more to do with sending direct email and running manual rules, but
you never know...

Tom Francisco

"manesco" wrote:

> I have a strange problem. There are two users in my system, the first having
> a sales professional license and the second having a customer service
> professional license.
> The salesrep (with the sales professional license) posts a task in a queue.
> The second user (with customer service professional license) can view /
> accept / assign this queue. But for some strange reason he cannot edit the
> task. When he tries to do this he gets an "Insufficient Permissions" message.
> Both the users belong to the same business unit. To make things simple I
> defined the second user as a "System Administrator". Even then he is getting
> this message while trying to edit the content of the task.
> I am a sys admin in the system and I can edit the task. The only differnce
> between me and this user is that I have a suite professional license!! Any
> idea whats going wrong?

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

user doesn't have permissions to one particular attachment no matter how I send it!
See Stefano's post below. This post isn't exactly the same, but I believe they may be related... I have a similar permissions situation regarding Excel attachment sent to a wide list of users within the organization - everyone can open with no problem except one poor user, who gets a generic "insufficient permissions" error when simply trying to open the attachment sent to his own email account! I don't think this is an Excel or an Outlook issue, as there are no other problems with any files or attachments. The file is stored on a file server (w2003 std) which one depa...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Read Receipt Storage Location?
Hello, I have office XP Microsoft Outlook via Exchange Server. I was working offline in the offline personal folder and I clicked on a message and it asked "sending has asked for read receipt" I clicked Yes. However since I was working offline, obviously read receipt is not yet sent. however as soon as I go online it will go out ? I went to out box to see if the read receipt is stored there, but this is not the case?? I cannot find. Can someone please confirm me the location where the read receipt are stored temporarly until these goes out, next time someone goes online...

Send as permissions -Exch 2K3Sp1 disappears
I have a user who has to be in the domain admin's group (UserA) and I'm trying to give another user (UserB) send as" permissions, and I'm getting hosed by the adminSDholder thread removing "UserB" from the security tab of "UserA". I've read several Q articles on AdminSDHolder, and thus far I haven't got any of the proposed solutions to work on my testbed. If anyone's dealt with this scenario and got it to work with UserB added ONLY to UserA's ACL (not to the group or the whole domain), could you post a step by step method to fix this.. (ple...

Outlook Auto Rule (URGENT)
I want setup rule in mailboxx. - When sending message , all the message will forward to another mailbox - After permently delete it this message. - This message only send to special mailbox. I am not sure setup in exchange sever or outlook itself. It need make sure all rule run on server without user open outlook. Thanks J you would be best to go to the Exchange Newsgroups as you have said you need a server side rule. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <111@it.com> wrote in message news:uDDkJA5uGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Urgent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi all, will anybody tell me=20 why are macro's preferred for Message Map entries than the virtual = functions? awaiting response, Ravi. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META h...

Data Migration Upload Error
Data Migration Upload Error - Relationships :( Hi, I have a data migration issue which has been causing me a lot of grief over the last few days ... struggling to get to the cause : ( Some background (... a very simplified equivalent): I have 3 entities STUDENT (Contact entity renamed), TUTOR and COURSE; - Each student should only be able to be linked to ONE Tutor record - Each Tutor should only be able to be linked to ONE Student record ------+ To resolve this I have created two "1 to many relationships" and hidden the 'many' part in the relationship definition ...

Urgent Help Needed
Hi Every now and then (but becoming more and more) when I send an email, everything looks fine but as soon as gets into sent items or the recipient receives it they see it as loads of questions marks and the odd 4 or 5 and I can see it in my sent items as this......as below: I cannot type after this on this messages because the text is then back to front???? I have done an example in normal letters after the symbols which says Hello, my name is Kelly. &#8294;&#26743;&#25449;&#8296;&#29281;&#8293;&#30305;&#26977;&#24940;&#27746;&#8293;&#28271;&...

Anonymous missing from calendar permissions
I'm having a problem with one user's calendar where meeting requests are not automatically being processed as they should. I believe the issue is that the "anonymous" permission has been deleted from the user's calendar permissions. Does anyone know how to add the anonymous permission back into the calendar settings? We have Exchange 2003, and the user has Outlook 2002. Are you talking about Anonymous gone as in Outlook, properties of Calendar, Permissions tab, Anonymous is gone? This really shouldn't cause any issues, as Anonymous has "None" set...

win2k sp4 with Exchange2003(urgent)
I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS) but in service I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in win2ksp4? Which steps should I forget to do ? Thx all Mike What are you not seeing? You can't install Exchange Server 2003 without doing ForestPrep & DomainPrep - if they've already been done you don't need to do them again. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "mike3004" <...

folder permissions
I just installed OL2002 and now I when I try to add or change permissions on any folders it is disabled or grayed out. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced! ...

Urgently need help
Hi, I want to create a formula i.e. Based on the entered cell data the next cell data should be specific. Example: If I entered 20033a in A3 cell then the answer in B3 cell should be Australia and if A3 cell value contains b letter it should be NZ else if The cell value is c then something else. This should come either we drag the cells or whatever it is. Please help me how to do this. If will be appreciable if i get the solution asap. Thanks in advance Jyothi ...

Urgent--can't create new accounts
New customer, new install, importing accounts from txt list created from old accounting system Import ran fine, followed proc in the knowledge base, and accounts are created. Run Check Links, creates the GL00105 index table, no errors, select count(*) from GL00100 and GL00105 are the same. But we can't create new accounts. "Sorry, this record has been created since your last attempt to create it" Followed the knowledge base article to correct this (delete from GL0105), and am still getting this error, and can't create a new account. Any help or ideas is greatly appre...

Urgent urgent urgent
Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible? When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it is showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run 1 database on 2 machines-POS. [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG] http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from store A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least. I will try to explain you the problem in details: For ex. We have 2 POS ...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

Urgent Urgent Urgent!!!
Dear All, I have the following data: Data Amounts 01.01.05 1000 02.01.05 2000 10.01.05 14000 01.02.05 3000 12.02.05 2500 .... etc. ..etc. I need to calculate the sum of all amounts in january, february, march, etc...separately.... in other words, ...if data is within january then sum of january's amounts and so on... I appreciate you help in advance, Ruslan Dates are not in date format..convert all date in to date format...then you can put filter for respective months. "Ruslan" wrote: > Dear All, > I have the following data: > ...

Permissions and Roles Questions
This is for SQL 2005 RS and win 2003 AD I created a number of roles in Active Directory to limit access to reports in the Management Portal for Job X. Initially, I created a role for each report and then added groups to those roles. After getting this all set, I determined that it would probably be a better idea to set up more general report roles that could encompass groups of reports rather than individual reports. I deleted most of the original roles I created and created new roles to serve this new structure. Now, when I hit AD for a list of groups to set permissions, I am retu...

Error Message: You do not have permission to log on.
I am a network admin of about 45 computers. 2 ppl are having problems when they open Outlook. They get an error message that says this exactly: "Can not open your default email folder. You do not have permission to log on." This makes no sense to me. Could it have something to do with user options on the PDC or what? Please help, this is very annoying. Thanx ...

Folder Permission to a group
Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to the Calendar folder or do I have to use a global or universal group? I always get "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." I'm using Outlook 2002 - Exchange 2000. Are you trying to grant permissions for your personal caledar or a public calendar? If personal, do you know if your account is configured for client delivery/storage or is it maintained on the Exchange server? >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to >the Calenda...

Send As permission
Hi All, I have a problem. I need to give two people Send As permission on a mailbox. I gave them Full Mailbox Access in Mailbox Right in the Exchange Advance tab. That's fine. I gave them Send As permission in the Security tab and they can send as this person. However, the permission in the Security tab disappeared in about 20 - 30 minutes and they can't Send As anymore. I have no more idea. Please help. Kit There are several security groups that get updated periodically by AD (Domain Admins, Backup Operators, etc. - sorry, don't have the complete list in front of...