Uploading Reports - Error in CRM 4.0

Hi

When i upload a report in CRM 4.0 I get an error saying

"An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Dynamics CRM".
Turning the dev errors on does not change the error message either.

I have checked the reporting services website and the security role that I
am using has admin access. Besides I can upload the report from the reporting
services website and see and run it. However when I upload the report there I
dont see it in CRM which in theory I should.

Also on the reporting services website I have 3 folders-
CRM_SDK_MSCRM
CRMDSK_MSCRM
MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM

Each of these have the same reports and data source. Can someone please shed
more light on this and also on my issue when uploading reports please?

i really hope to get some answers..

regards
Snow White

0
SnowWhite (57)
5/28/2008 11:28:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Two things to check:

(1) Microsoft CRM will have recorded somekind of error in the Event Log,
this should hopefully give some further information on why the Report cannot
be uploaded.

(2) Check that you can run a normal out-of-the-box report in Microsoft CRM,
there may be a problem with the (new in v4) SRS Connector Component that is
causing Reports to fail full-stop.

--
Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan.
CRM Consultant

"Snow White" wrote:

> Hi
>
> When i upload a report in CRM 4.0 I get an error saying
>
> "An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Dynamics CRM".
> Turning the dev errors on does not change the error message either.
>
> I have checked the reporting services website and the security role that I
> am using has admin access. Besides I can upload the report from the reporting
> services website and see and run it. However when I upload the report there I
> dont see it in CRM which in theory I should.
>
> Also on the reporting services website I have 3 folders-
> CRM_SDK_MSCRM
> CRMDSK_MSCRM
> MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM
>
> Each of these have the same reports and data source. Can someone please shed
> more light on this and also on my issue when uploading reports please?
>
> i really hope to get some answers..
>
> regards
> Snow White

Good books/resources on creating Reports
I'm comfortable with Access - even reasonably good at it... except for one major problem... Can't do reports to save my life!!! Does anybody know any good resources for learning reports - beyond the "run the wizard" answer. The wizards are a great starting point, but I'm trying to get beyond that... Thanks! Pieter -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200912/1 Pieter, is there a particular sticking point? Is it the source query (getting all the field for the report)? Or grouping/sorting? Or ...

Direct Email in CRM 3.0
Hi all, we've just upgraded MS CRM3.0 from 1.2. I can't find how to send Direct email to list of contacts. Though the feature seems to work exactly like in 1.2 (with the "Direct Email" button, then select the email template, etc.), the emails don't go. The email router is ok, because if we send an individual email to one contact, everything is ok. Any suggestion? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Hi- Did you verify that the CRM Bulk Email Service is running on your server? The service is not started by default. -Nathan -- Nathan Trueblood VP Client Services D...

Report Question 08-25-07
I'm trying to create a report that will have 3 levels: Entry, Job and Parts. Specifically, a job consists of many parts and an entry of many jobs. what I want to do is to make all these data appear in a single form and later on a report, displaying also a sum for the parts cost of each job and a total for all the job costs (sum of all the parts used in all jobs). Is such a thing possible in MS Access? Hello kourkoutas. kourkoutas wrote: > I'm trying to create a report that will have 3 levels: Entry, Job > and Parts. Specifically, a job consists of many parts and an entry &g...

Cannot upload rdl report to CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2005 Rep. Serv
Although exisitng reports work fine with the SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services back-end, attempt to add new ones always fail on "an error occured while trying to add the report to microsoft crm" Rdl file has been generated by Visual Studio 2005 own data source. Accidentally, I tried to modfy existing reports with VS 2005. There are problems with Data Sources. As an example, Account Summary's DSAccntSmmryReport was transated with to: declare @sql as nvarchar(4000) set @sql = ' SELECT top 10 CAST(accountid as nvarchar(100)) as AccountID, name, '''' as ...

How to separate reports
I have two accounts in money, one personal and one for my condo association. When I do reports it comhines both accounts. How do I separate them? Also when entering transactions all the payees are there for both accounts. When I turn this over to a new treasurer I don't want them to have access to my personal files. Does anyone know how to do this? We all agree you should get this in two Money files. Two techniques have been offered and I'd like to offer what I think is a better third alternative. Bonnie suggested File|New. Bob suggested Export/Import. I'd suggest you...

Management Reporter
Hi, Please can you explain to me why if MR is run on IIS why it cannot be accessed as a website and instead seems to need a MR client installed? If it is possible to run \ view reports via Internet - how do I go about doing this please? I ask as my client wishes to have MR incorporated into their Sharepoint website - please advise if this is possible and if so then how? Thank you Neil ...

uploading my website from publisher
i've tried to follow your advice, david, and upload my website from publisher, but when signing in my FTP info have been rejected. Do you know why that could be? I'm trying to upload to geocities. Thanks, Shelley On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:39:05 +0100, shelley wrote (in article <51CEFFD3-CA70-42B2-9698-5B6E3625F915@microsoft.com>): > i've tried to follow your advice, david, and upload my website from > publisher, but when signing in my FTP info have been rejected. Do you know > why that could be? I'm trying to upload to geocities. > > Thanks, > >...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

How to FTPCommand to upload file
Hi, In FTP server, the size of file always zero CHAR szTemp[256]; wsprintf (szTemp, "APPE %s", "test.txt"); BOOL bRet = FtpCommand(hConnection, TRUE, FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII, szTemp, 0, &hResponse);// The handle to read the response if (!bRet) { cout << "FtpCommand failed, error: " << GetLastError() << endl; return; } Perhaps you should try to STOR the file instead of APPE it. HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "mjh" <jongh@21cn.com&...

1.2 to 3.0 Upgrade with new Server
Can we put 3.0 on a new box (upgrading the data from the SQL box) directly w/o upgrading the old box to CRM 3.0 first? A little confused about what you are trying to do. It sounds like you want to install the code on a new server, but have it "use an existing" 1.2 database and upgrade it in the process. My first thought is that this will not work. It might, but I don't think it will. If this is what you are trying, then you could do the following: - install v1.2 on the new server and "use the existing" databases - Instal v3 on the new server as a upgrade. However...

Unable to create a new company in CRM 4.0
I have a german release installation of CRM 4.0 with the enterprise trial license key. When trying to create a second company I get a strange error message coming from the SQL Server (2005 Dev DE) - see at the bottom. A DBCC CHECKDB of all running databases and a restart of the server box haven't brought any help. Thanks, Robert Rybaric Error message: 13:01:36| Error| Ausnahmefehler beim Erstellen der neuen Organisation (Name='ErlBau', Id=e04f0f92-3dd6-dc11-9c9a-0003ff2b0223): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursach...

Revoking access to missing modified report
How does one quickly remove the reference to use a modified report in the "Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports" window to a report that is no longer present as a modified report via the UI? The report no longer show in the tree view as seen in DynamicsGP 10. I would like to indicate that the original report should now be used. The window does not show that a modified report had been marked, since it is not present in the modified reports dictionary. In version 9 and prior I would unmark permission to the original report, then remark it and that would clear the indicator ...

Report Manager Add In for 2003
I have upgraded laptop and Office software but cannot find the add in for Report Manager on this latest version. On 2000 it came on the disc, on 2002 I downloaded it from Microsoft site but the only download I can find now is the 2002 version and it does not appear to work. Running XP Pro. What has happened to it? Has it been replaced? the download didn't like my machine, had to put it on another then transfer. Sorted! >-----Original Message----- >I have upgraded laptop and Office software but cannot find >the add in for Report Manager on this latest version. On >200...

Adding field to existing report
I would like to add the email address to an existing RMS report. If I open up another report in typepad, copy the code for the email address field and insert it into the report (target) I want to run - will that do the job? I thought I could copy the target report first before I made any changes, but when I go back to store manager and open up the list of reports that new one does not show up on the list. Thanks for any help you can give me. Be sure to name your custom report with the proper name sytax. Here is an example of a customized report I created "Custom - Summary Sales...

Report Calculations
Hello All, I am having some problems in writing calculations into my reports. I have a query to which I have created a couple of my own expressions (Expr1, Expr2, Expr3). These expressions calculate production values for each record in the query. For example, Expr1 takes a field relating to "Tonnes" and divides is by the "Hours" field to get "Tonnes/Hour". I have inserted these expressions into the report and when I run the query, everything works perfectly. The problem I am having is that, in the report, I would like to take the "Tonnes/Hour" for ...

report totals 12-09-07
I have a database tracking parking leases in a parking garage. The data comes from two tables - one table has general information about companies whose employees have parking leases, one table has more specific information on the leases given to the employees of the various companies. The tables are linked through the company key. My report has been grouped by company, with summary information (total of leases promised to a company and totals leases actually used by the company) in the Group Header. The information about the actual individual lease holders of each company is in the ...

MS CRM 4.0 Print Quote to Customer Mail Merge
Trying to print a quote for a customer with multiple line items in the new MS CRM 4.0 using the mail merge. When I start the merge it imports the line items as seperate recipients and creates a new page for each line item. Is there a way set up the merge so that the line items all print on a single page for a quote. I guess I also need to address that if the total number of line items exceed the space allowed on a sinle page then they need to rollover to a new page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. William Hi William I have been struggling with this for a while now and I w...

Crystal Reports Graphs
I have developed several reports for RMS using Crystal Reports 8.5. We have taken them to the next level and began including graphs, but the graphs are not appearing on some of our demo machines. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Home Page Reports
I recently upgraded a client from v8.0 to 9.0. After the upgrade several users pointed out that some reports launched from the Home Page would also launch the GP Help About window. After some investigation, I realized that this only occurs with reports and SmartList favorites that were saved before the upgrade, new reports launch normally. Is there a way to stop the GP Help About window from launching from the Home Page hyperlink? ...

Generating a report that includes only the current form data
I need to generate a report from a form using a control button that only uses the data currently displayed on the form. I have the basics of form building down, but I keep getting every record in my data table. Thanks. Ed3 Ed3 wrote: > I need to generate a report from a form using a control button that > only uses the data currently displayed on the form. I have the > basics of form building down, but I keep getting every record in my > data table. Thanks. > > Ed3 The fourth argument of the OpenReport method is for an optional WHERE clause (without the word "wh...

CRM Vista install
I have been having a problem deploying the outlook client to a user with Vista Home Premium and Office 2007. I can make the install work, but its a kludge and problematic. Normally when i install PCs that are off our domain, They are confugured to connect to us via VPN and we use the "Stored Usernames and Passwords" feature in Windows XP to handle the Login for the CRM server as was recommended to us by Microsoft. But when I try and do that with Vista Home Premium, the login never passes to the CRM server. I comfirmed this by trying to connect to our CRM web server as well....

Deleting Reports #2
I've got Money 2007. I've created and added some reports to Favorite Reports. Now I want to get rid of them, but it seems there is no delete option. I've looked everywhere, left and right clicking on any link that looks like it might take me to that option or at least some explanation... So how does one delete a report in Money 2007? Thanks. dc On the Reports tab, select Favorite Reports > Organize Favorites. View, Rename, Delete and Customize buttons are at the bottom of the window, on the right-hand side. "DeeDeeCee" <DeeDeeCee@discussions.microsoft.com...

Excel EULA question
Hi, where I work we have several people that run a process, which at the end requires the creation of a report in excel. This used to be done manually - people would copy data from tables in sql server 2000, and paste and pivot it into an excel file. I've recently created an application that automatically exports the data into an excel file and saves it to a particular folder at the end of the process. To work, this program just requires that excel be installed on the server where the process is run. But, since several people run the process, does each one of those people have to ...

Terminal on Win CE 6.0 R2
We use MIPSII platform under Win CE 6.0, Terminal application is unable to talk to a PC with our board's COM ports. We use our own written CE 6.0 application to do communication with PC's hyperterminal using those COM ports from our platform and it works. The same platform under Win CE 5.0 can use Terminal application and can talk to a PC hyperterminal and is working correctly We've done line by line source comparison and did not find any differences in code for COM ports at PDD/MDD level. Any suggestions ? Thanks, GS-ICN do you mean the standard Wind...

AccountTypeID Reports?!
Anyone know which report i can use to select all customers with a cenrtin acccount type? I would also need full address detail of each customer on this report! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_07A0_01C73998.D5368240 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_07A1_01C73998.D5368240" ------=_NextPart_001_07A1_01C73998.D5368240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Philip, Try this one. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...