Upgrading CRM Workgroup to Professional

Hi

We recently installed MDSN CRM 4 Workstation and started loading data before
realising that we should have installed the Professional version.  We found
it difficult to get an upgrade license key so decided to do a fresh install.

Can we use a restore of the Workgroup SQL database - is it the same schema
as Professional and if not, can it be patched?

Thanks
--
Managing Director and Systems Architect
0

Yes

just do it

"John Roe" <JohnRoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We recently installed MDSN CRM 4 Workstation and started loading data
> before
> realising that we should have installed the Professional version.  We
> found
> it difficult to get an upgrade license key so decided to do a fresh
> install.
>
> Can we use a restore of the Workgroup SQL database - is it the same schema
> as Professional and if not, can it be patched?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Managing Director and Systems Architect

0
p0911 (103)
8/19/2008 11:14:19 AM
Apart from that - you should have just been able to change the licence key

"John Roe" <JohnRoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We recently installed MDSN CRM 4 Workstation and started loading data
> before
> realising that we should have installed the Professional version.  We
> found
> it difficult to get an upgrade license key so decided to do a fresh
> install.
>
> Can we use a restore of the Workgroup SQL database - is it the same schema
> as Professional and if not, can it be patched?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Managing Director and Systems Architect

0
p0911 (103)

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

crm workflows not executing or appearing in workflow monitor
Running crm version 3.0 with rollup 2 installed. Workflows are no appearing in the workflow monitor or being executed via the workflow service. Our workflows were working fine and then stopped working and any new workflow created is not being executied or displayed in the workflow monitor. We have gone so far as to delete all workflows and create one simple opportunity workflow that checks one field value on create and sets another. The workflow can be activated and updated via thwe workflow manager, but does not appear in the monitor and does not execute. The service is running and th...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Problem with resolution of CRM contact emails
Hi, Our system seems to have a problem with contact email addresses. When Outlook autofills CRM contact emails it sometimes does not resolve the email, only the contact name. I'm finding it difficult to replicate this problem, but some of te CRM users have definitely experienced it. Has anyone met this scenario before? (and does anyone know what to do about it???) Thanks! Tom ...

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

XP Upgrade

installing error crm client microsoft.crm.setup.client.grantuserp
after 95 % of the client installation comes a popup window with error message Microsoft.crm.Setup.Client.GrantUserPermissionAction What's the problem ...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

Does CRM 4.0 handle Partner management?
We are a software shop and we are currently using CRM 3.0, with the expectation to upgrade to 4.0 in the very near future. One of our newest directives is to manage our partners, and their accounts using CRM and we are wondering if 4.0 will be better at managing this? I realize this is kind of vague, but its something that the sales staff is asking of me. Microsoft released a CRM accelerator for Partner Management in October. take a look at it here: http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=29990 Hello Rodney, You could be interested in our CRM @Comme...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

CRM for a Bank
I Just started a project to customize/tailor CRM for a bank and then it will be integrated with a branch system. any suggestion as i am starting? guidance document? considerations? recommendations? as i see from first sight, CRM is typically designed for a retail business Rg, Shawki, Are the front line people going to be using CRM or just the managerial types? ~Dave Hi dave, No, the front line people will be using a front office system which also will play the role of interfacing between CRM and the back end Banking Systems. CRM will be used by back office people, management, Call c...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

MS CRM & Outlook2002
Can I have MS CRM Outlook Client in Outlook 2002? Hello! Yes! You find the requirements for using MS CRM at the Server and Client on the following Page: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/crm_systemrequirements.aspx -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM WordMailMerge for MSCRM "nikas" <nikas@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FBB34E7D-0D94-4C0B-AC5D-34C671E1A6F9@microsoft.com... > Can I have MS CRM ...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...