Upgrading CRM to SQL Server 2005 & .NET Framework 2.0

Hi there,

I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can
use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS 2005 &
..NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM.

It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this topic.
If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this
information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso
MCAD, MCT
plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Pedro,
Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3.
..net 2 can be used to develop aspx forms and web applications to extend CRM
but if you want to develop callouts or workflow assemblies then it is
recommended to use .net 1.1. If you still want to use .net 2 then take a look
at following post.
http://blogs.msdn.com/arash/archive/2006/08/25/use-visual-studio-2005-to-build-crm-callouts.aspx
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant
Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com

"Pedro López-Belmonte" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can
> use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS 2005 &
> .NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM.
>
> It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this topic.
> If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this
> information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso
> MCAD, MCT
> plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)
Thanks uMar.

But I still have doubts.

Do I have to install any patch to the CRM to use it with VS 2005, or just
install VS 2005 and develops ASP.NET pages?

--

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
> Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3.
> .net 2 can be used to develop aspx forms and web applications to extend CRM
> but if you want to develop callouts or workflow assemblies then it is
> recommended to use .net 1.1. If you still want to use .net 2 then take a look
> at following post.
> http://blogs.msdn.com/arash/archive/2006/08/25/use-visual-studio-2005-to-build-crm-callouts.aspx
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant
> Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
>

> "Pedro López-Belmonte" wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can
> > use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS 2005 &
> > .NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM.
> >
> > It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this topic.
> > If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this
> > information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso
> > MCAD, MCT
> > plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)
Hi Pedro,
No patch required.
CRM 3 will be consuming .net 1.1 framework.
When you will create your asp .net pages using .net 2 then you need to
create a new application pool in IIS. That new pool will be used for your
..net 2 web applications.

Note: single application pool cannot entertain more then 1 framework versions.
--

"Pedro López-Belmonte" wrote:

> Thanks uMar.
>
> But I still have doubts.
>
> Do I have to install any patch to the CRM to use it with VS 2005, or just
> install VS 2005 and develops ASP.NET pages?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso
> MCAD, MCT
> plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)
>

> "uMar Khan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Pedro,
> > Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3.
> > .net 2 can be used to develop aspx forms and web applications to extend CRM
> > but if you want to develop callouts or workflow assemblies then it is
> > recommended to use .net 1.1. If you still want to use .net 2 then take a look
> > at following post.
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/arash/archive/2006/08/25/use-visual-studio-2005-to-build-crm-callouts.aspx
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant
> > Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> > Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> >

> > "Pedro López-Belmonte" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can
> > > use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS 2005 &
> > > .NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM.
> > >
> > > It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this topic.
> > > If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this
> > > information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso
> > > MCAD, MCT
> > > plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)
That's great!

Do you think the template also works with VS 2008?

"uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pedro,
> Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3.
> .net 2 can be used to develop aspx forms and web applications to extend
> CRM
> but if you want to develop callouts or workflow assemblies then it is
> recommended to use .net 1.1. If you still want to use .net 2 then take a
> look
> at following post.
> http://blogs.msdn.com/arash/archive/2006/08/25/use-visual-studio-2005-to-build-crm-callouts.aspx
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant
> Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
>

> "Pedro L�pez-Belmonte" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can
>> use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS
>> 2005 &
>> .NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM.
>>
>> It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this
>> topic.
>> If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this
>> information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Pedro L�pez-Belmonte Eraso
>> MCAD, MCT
>> plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)

0
Benjamin
11/22/2007 2:20:53 PM
Hi Benjamin,
I dont think so but I am not 100% sure.

Can anyone else please confirm it ?

--

"Benjamin Fallar III" wrote:

> That's great!
>
> Do you think the template also works with VS 2008?
>
> "uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Pedro,
> > Yes, SQL 2005 can be used as database for CRM 3.
> > .net 2 can be used to develop aspx forms and web applications to extend
> > CRM
> > but if you want to develop callouts or workflow assemblies then it is
> > recommended to use .net 1.1. If you still want to use .net 2 then take a
> > look
> > at following post.
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/arash/archive/2006/08/25/use-visual-studio-2005-to-build-crm-callouts.aspx
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant
> > Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> > Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> >

> > "Pedro López-Belmonte" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I'm introducing myself on Dynamics CRM world, and I need to know if I can
> >> use SQL Server 2005 as db server for CRM 3.0, and also if I can use VS
> >> 2005 &
> >> .NET Fr 2.0 to extend the CRM.
> >>
> >> It would be great if any of you could write any link or info on this
> >> topic.
> >> If it's any book, web site or product sheet of any kind with this
> >> information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Pedro López-Belmonte Eraso
> >> MCAD, MCT
> >> plberaso@telefonica.net.(quitaestoparaenviar)

installation problem #2
When trying to install publisher 2000 I get - Internal Error 2349 - help please "mjm" wrote: > When trying to install publisher 2000 I get - Internal > Error 2349 - help please =============================== Have a look at these KB articles: (302399) OFF2000: You Receive an "Error 2349" Error Message During Installation http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302399 (329386) OFF2000: Error Message: Internal Error 2349: Copy Resumed with Different Info http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329386 -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Unable to see any data folder in smartlist on the server
Dear All, Unable to see any data folder in smartlist on the server all the smartlist left side panel is empty even with sa user on the server for GP9.0 whereas it's ok on all the client machines. I click and unlick all the options in smart list security options and no changes happen. Could u please help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, Check the regional options for the server, under advanced tab make sure the language selected work with GP SQL Collation. "Dexdev" wrote: > > Dear All, > > Unable to see any data folder in smar...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

Number format question #2
I have the following formula: ="*First year estimated home sales of "&C35&" with 15% growth rate in subsequent years." I want to have this statement adjust to changes made in the number (C35). However, this is what the phrase looks like: *First year estimated home sales of 67188 with 15% growth rate in subsequent years. How can I get the number to format show the comma? -- Joker "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6 ="*First year estimated home sales of " & text(C35,"#,##0")...

MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-n for MS Sharepoint CUub
I am trying to get SQL Reporting Services installed in the MOSS 2007 test environment (SP2). After my servers and Farm are set up and running, I install MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for MS Sharepoint Technologies. When I try to build a cube (which worked before I installed the add-in), my cube build services breaks with an ActiveX Component Can't Create error I've searched the internet high and low for a workaround, but the only one I find that works is removing the Add-in. Not a good choice as we want this running to mirror our production. I se...

Account Modifier/Combiner #2
I am trying to combine two accounts together (GP 9.0 SP2). When I convert I get the following error message: Invalid Column Name 'CRDTAMNT' ... 'ORCRDAMT'... 'DEBITAMT'... It looks the error message goes on and probably mentions more or all columns in the table. The problem is it never gives me the table it is erroring on and there is no more info button. After you hit OK it looks as if it is going to run and then the following message appears: The index selected forced this process into an infinite loop, aborting. I rebuilt the GL Index table on a whim an...

crm workflows not executing or appearing in workflow monitor
Running crm version 3.0 with rollup 2 installed. Workflows are no appearing in the workflow monitor or being executed via the workflow service. Our workflows were working fine and then stopped working and any new workflow created is not being executied or displayed in the workflow monitor. We have gone so far as to delete all workflows and create one simple opportunity workflow that checks one field value on create and sets another. The workflow can be activated and updated via thwe workflow manager, but does not appear in the monitor and does not execute. The service is running and th...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Upgrading the CPU?

#DIV/0! error
Dear All I am sure this problem I have can be easily resolved however, I have tried all the online help without success. I want to work out the percentage of two numbers however, to be able include zeros as part of the template. Example C1/B1=D1 as a percentage. Obviously when zero's are entered into the cells it generates the '#DIV/0!'. I have tried entering '=IF(C1=0,"",C1/B1) but it still comes back with the error. Additionally, can you write a conditional format that changes what is displayed when you get an error message? IE. =IF(D1=#DIV/0!,"100"...

Single quotes surrounding email display name in Outllook 2003 for Sent Items #2
I am posting again and hopping I can find a solution, if there is one for this issue. >> I have a small issue with Outlook 2003 where any email I send to a >> person which is not in my Contacts list, it displays single quotes >> surrounding the email display name in Sent Items folder. Thanks to the group, Traian "Traian Nemes" <traian_nemes@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:egpyZAz$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > It's not doing it all the time, and when I group by display name I do see > two groups, one with the quotes and one without f...

Debug Assertion Failed #2
Hi, What is wrong with this bit of code please if(message == WM_COPYDATA) { WmCpyDta_SetEncrypt('d'); WmCpyDta_SetMessageId(WmCpyDta_BaseDefaultMsgId()); CString strTag, strData; WmCpyDta_SendMessage_TI_SetCountMsg(NULL, NULL, lParam, strTag.GetBuffer(0), strData.GetBuffer(0)); m_ctrlAddress.SetWindowText(strData); m_ctrlCount.SetWindowText(strTag); strData.ReleaseBuffer(); strTag.ReleaseBuffer(); } I get a Debug Assertion Failed error with the expression line as nLength <= GetData()->nAllocLength ...

SQL view
I'm slowly trying to learn SQL in Access. Probably the usual way - for every query I build with the QBE grid I then switch to sql view and get to grips with the code. (That and the usual book learning etc.) However, SQL view in Access is *so* unfriendly. The code in a one-colour long stream of text makes it very difficult to parse & follow the syntax etc. I've seen our IT guys coding SQL and the interface they use (not sure of the name) allows for indenting, colour-coding etc. so the code is much easier to follow. Is there a similar thing I can use in Access? Any kind of ...

ANN: nxslt (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.4
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.4 of nxslt - .NET XSLT command line utility. It's maintenance release. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt basically dublicates functionality and command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, mult...

8.0 Upgrade

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Problem with resolution of CRM contact emails
Hi, Our system seems to have a problem with contact email addresses. When Outlook autofills CRM contact emails it sometimes does not resolve the email, only the contact name. I'm finding it difficult to replicate this problem, but some of te CRM users have definitely experienced it. Has anyone met this scenario before? (and does anyone know what to do about it???) Thanks! Tom ...

Moving SOMgr & Server
After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have moved the Server and Mgr to another computer on the network. The POS and dongole remain on original computer. When I go into the Mgr I get the 941 error about dondgle not being found. Is there something else I need to do so Mgr sees the dongle on POS machine? The POS station with the dongle needs to be Register #1 and needs to be the first machine to run RMS POS every day. Tom "NcS" wrote: > After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have > moved the Ser...

XP Upgrade

Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)
When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get is the following message: Error -3176: The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in the Network Control Panel are correct. The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either. Can someone help? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote (in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>): > The strangest part ...

installing error crm client microsoft.crm.setup.client.grantuserp
after 95 % of the client installation comes a popup window with error message Microsoft.crm.Setup.Client.GrantUserPermissionAction What's the problem ...