Upgrading CRM 4 Server to Windows 2008 Server

We have a CRM 4 Server on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 talking to a separate
Windows 2003 SQL Server 2005 box.

We have already upgraded our DC to Windows Server 2008 Standard. Is there
anything I need to do before upgrading the CRM server to Windows Server 2008
other taking a backup image?

Thanks
0
circulent (53)
11/6/2008 5:40:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

circulent,

You will need to be ready for CRM 4.0 to be served on IIS 7.0.  Running CRM
4.0 on Server 2008 isn't a problem, it's getting IIS 7.0 and CRM to work
together that's the hard part.  I have set up a handful of installations of
CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 and actually for the most part getting CRM up wasn't
too bad.  I've seen it done where you set IIS 7.0 to run in IIS 6.0
compatability mode and changing the CRMAppPool to run in Classic mode rather
than Integrated.  Typically that's what I've seen done to make it work.

If you have any custom webpages you will need to configure them as well.
You could go and reconfigure everything about the page so that it runs in
Integrated mode and all the latest security stuff but that is a huge pain.
I've found that if I add the following XML tags to the web.config of each
webpage that fixes my webpage problem:

<system.webServer>

    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />

</system.webServer>

Just be ready for the change to IIS 7.0 and you should be fine.  It works
and runs great once it's all set up.

Fronk

"circulent" wrote:

> We have a CRM 4 Server on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 talking to a separate
> Windows 2003 SQL Server 2005 box.
>
> We have already upgraded our DC to Windows Server 2008 Standard. Is there
> anything I need to do before upgrading the CRM server to Windows Server 2008
> other taking a backup image?
>
> Thanks
0
Fronk (7)
11/7/2008 4:36:01 PM
Hi Fronk,

Thanks for your suggestions. My research says that a new install is
preferable. If I entertain this route, do you recommend this instead? If so,
how do I reconnect CRM4 to my SQL Server database after reinstalling in on
2008?

Thanks

"Fronk" wrote:

> circulent,
>
> You will need to be ready for CRM 4.0 to be served on IIS 7.0.  Running CRM
> 4.0 on Server 2008 isn't a problem, it's getting IIS 7.0 and CRM to work
> together that's the hard part.  I have set up a handful of installations of
> CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 and actually for the most part getting CRM up wasn't
> too bad.  I've seen it done where you set IIS 7.0 to run in IIS 6.0
> compatability mode and changing the CRMAppPool to run in Classic mode rather
> than Integrated.  Typically that's what I've seen done to make it work.
>
> If you have any custom webpages you will need to configure them as well.
> You could go and reconfigure everything about the page so that it runs in
> Integrated mode and all the latest security stuff but that is a huge pain.
> I've found that if I add the following XML tags to the web.config of each
> webpage that fixes my webpage problem:
>
> <system.webServer>
>
>     <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
>

> </system.webServer>
>
> Just be ready for the change to IIS 7.0 and you should be fine.  It works
> and runs great once it's all set up.
>
> Fronk
>
> "circulent" wrote:
>
> > We have a CRM 4 Server on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 talking to a separate
> > Windows 2003 SQL Server 2005 box.
> >
> > We have already upgraded our DC to Windows Server 2008 Standard. Is there
> > anything I need to do before upgrading the CRM server to Windows Server 2008
> > other taking a backup image?
> >
> > Thanks
0
circulent (53)
11/10/2008 3:41:00 AM
circulent,

A fresh install would work, you would just have to install to a brand new
database (a completely brand new install) and then import your old
organization through Deployment Manager, that is assuming that you are
already on CRM 4.0, which you mentioned you are.  If the SQL server isn't
changing then you don't have anything to worry about.  If it is changing then
you would want to backup your CRM databases and restore them on the new SQL
server, then import the company into CRM.  In the import it asks you what SQL
server has the company in it and also what the SRS URL will be.  So, you
should be just fine there as well.

On the installs that I've done I've installed the application server role on
the IIS 7.0 server, imported the company and away we went.  There was some
clean up on my custom webpages but as for a fresh role install on IIS 7.0 it
was very clean and straight forward.

Fronk

"circulent" wrote:

> Hi Fronk,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. My research says that a new install is
> preferable. If I entertain this route, do you recommend this instead? If so,
> how do I reconnect CRM4 to my SQL Server database after reinstalling in on
> 2008?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Fronk" wrote:
>
> > circulent,
> >
> > You will need to be ready for CRM 4.0 to be served on IIS 7.0.  Running CRM
> > 4.0 on Server 2008 isn't a problem, it's getting IIS 7.0 and CRM to work
> > together that's the hard part.  I have set up a handful of installations of
> > CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 and actually for the most part getting CRM up wasn't
> > too bad.  I've seen it done where you set IIS 7.0 to run in IIS 6.0
> > compatability mode and changing the CRMAppPool to run in Classic mode rather
> > than Integrated.  Typically that's what I've seen done to make it work.
> >
> > If you have any custom webpages you will need to configure them as well.
> > You could go and reconfigure everything about the page so that it runs in
> > Integrated mode and all the latest security stuff but that is a huge pain.
> > I've found that if I add the following XML tags to the web.config of each
> > webpage that fixes my webpage problem:
> >
> > <system.webServer>
> >
> >     <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
> >

> > </system.webServer>
> >
> > Just be ready for the change to IIS 7.0 and you should be fine.  It works
> > and runs great once it's all set up.
> >
> > Fronk
> >
> > "circulent" wrote:
> >
> > > We have a CRM 4 Server on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 talking to a separate
> > > Windows 2003 SQL Server 2005 box.
> > >
> > > We have already upgraded our DC to Windows Server 2008 Standard. Is there
> > > anything I need to do before upgrading the CRM server to Windows Server 2008
> > > other taking a backup image?
> > >
> > > Thanks
0
Fronk (7)
11/10/2008 4:04:00 PM
Hi Fronk,

I decided on the upgrade path to WK8, and when done, I cannot get to
http://crm/domain. So then I tried a repair, and get a warning within the
verification page says: Error accessing URL http://CRM: The remote server
returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

I was still able to complete the repair. After, I'm seeing this failure:
Perlib Event 1008

The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\bitsperf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service
will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section
contains the error code.

Finally, I tried to access http://crm/domain again and get the same Perflib
failure, but also this warning: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event 1309

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 11/15/2008 9:10:43 PM
Event time (UTC): 11/16/2008 2:10:43 AM
Event ID: 9cfab8ba7fab4eceb86467e0fb361cd7
Event sequence: 2
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-128712750408654418
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\
    Machine name: CRM

Process information:
    Process ID: 800
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
    Exception type: InvalidOperationException
    Exception message: The requested Performance Counter is not a custom
counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.

Request information:
    Request URL: http://crm/default.aspx
    Request path: /default.aspx
    User host address: ::1
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 4
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize()
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName,
String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName,
String counterName, Boolean readOnly)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.CrmPerformanceCounterFactory.LoadCounters(CounterContainer
counterContainer, PerformanceCounterLoadSetting settings, String component)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.CrmPerformanceCounterFactory.LoadCounters(PerformanceCounterLoadSetting settings, String component)
   at Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.Application_OnStart()

 Any suggestions on how to fix my CRM server? I've been researching but
havent found anything yet.

"Fronk" wrote:

> circulent,
>
> A fresh install would work, you would just have to install to a brand new
> database (a completely brand new install) and then import your old
> organization through Deployment Manager, that is assuming that you are
> already on CRM 4.0, which you mentioned you are.  If the SQL server isn't
> changing then you don't have anything to worry about.  If it is changing then
> you would want to backup your CRM databases and restore them on the new SQL
> server, then import the company into CRM.  In the import it asks you what SQL
> server has the company in it and also what the SRS URL will be.  So, you
> should be just fine there as well.
>
> On the installs that I've done I've installed the application server role on
> the IIS 7.0 server, imported the company and away we went.  There was some
> clean up on my custom webpages but as for a fresh role install on IIS 7.0 it
> was very clean and straight forward.
>
> Fronk
>
> "circulent" wrote:
>
> > Hi Fronk,
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestions. My research says that a new install is
> > preferable. If I entertain this route, do you recommend this instead? If so,
> > how do I reconnect CRM4 to my SQL Server database after reinstalling in on
> > 2008?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Fronk" wrote:
> >
> > > circulent,
> > >
> > > You will need to be ready for CRM 4.0 to be served on IIS 7.0.  Running CRM
> > > 4.0 on Server 2008 isn't a problem, it's getting IIS 7.0 and CRM to work
> > > together that's the hard part.  I have set up a handful of installations of
> > > CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 and actually for the most part getting CRM up wasn't
> > > too bad.  I've seen it done where you set IIS 7.0 to run in IIS 6.0
> > > compatability mode and changing the CRMAppPool to run in Classic mode rather
> > > than Integrated.  Typically that's what I've seen done to make it work.
> > >
> > > If you have any custom webpages you will need to configure them as well.
> > > You could go and reconfigure everything about the page so that it runs in
> > > Integrated mode and all the latest security stuff but that is a huge pain.
> > > I've found that if I add the following XML tags to the web.config of each
> > > webpage that fixes my webpage problem:
> > >
> > > <system.webServer>
> > >
> > >     <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
> > >

> > > </system.webServer>
> > >
> > > Just be ready for the change to IIS 7.0 and you should be fine.  It works
> > > and runs great once it's all set up.
> > >
> > > Fronk

0
circulent (53)
11/16/2008 2:20:01 AM
One more thing...I just tried to hit ttp://crm/domain and am now getting this
web page:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The requested Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be
initialized as ReadOnly.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The requested
Performance Counter is not a custom counter, it has to be initialized as
ReadOnly.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The requested Performance Counter is not a
custom counter, it has to be initialized as ReadOnly.]
   System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.Initialize() +1232
   System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String
counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly) +110
   System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String
counterName, Boolean readOnly) +20
   Microsoft.Crm.CrmPerformanceCounterFactory.LoadCounters(CounterContainer
counterContainer, PerformanceCounterLoadSetting settings, String component)
+996

Microsoft.Crm.CrmPerformanceCounterFactory.LoadCounters(PerformanceCounterLoadSetting settings, String component) +355
   Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationProvider..cctor() +15

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationProvider' threw an exception.]
   Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationProvider..ctor() +0

Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticationProvider..ctor() +42

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean
publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor,
Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
fillCache) +103
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +268
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
   Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationSettings.CreateType(String
typeName, Type requiredBaseType) +139

Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationSettings.CreateProvider(String
typeName, IDictionary`2 configuration) +25

Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.LoadPipeline()
+270

Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.get_AuthenticationProvider() +16
   Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +475

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
completedSynchronously) +64

"Fronk" wrote:

> circulent,
>
> A fresh install would work, you would just have to install to a brand new
> database (a completely brand new install) and then import your old
> organization through Deployment Manager, that is assuming that you are
> already on CRM 4.0, which you mentioned you are.  If the SQL server isn't
> changing then you don't have anything to worry about.  If it is changing then
> you would want to backup your CRM databases and restore them on the new SQL
> server, then import the company into CRM.  In the import it asks you what SQL
> server has the company in it and also what the SRS URL will be.  So, you
> should be just fine there as well.
>
> On the installs that I've done I've installed the application server role on
> the IIS 7.0 server, imported the company and away we went.  There was some
> clean up on my custom webpages but as for a fresh role install on IIS 7.0 it
> was very clean and straight forward.
>
> Fronk
>
> "circulent" wrote:
>
> > Hi Fronk,
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestions. My research says that a new install is
> > preferable. If I entertain this route, do you recommend this instead? If so,
> > how do I reconnect CRM4 to my SQL Server database after reinstalling in on
> > 2008?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Fronk" wrote:
> >
> > > circulent,
> > >
> > > You will need to be ready for CRM 4.0 to be served on IIS 7.0.  Running CRM
> > > 4.0 on Server 2008 isn't a problem, it's getting IIS 7.0 and CRM to work
> > > together that's the hard part.  I have set up a handful of installations of
> > > CRM 4.0 on Server 2008 and actually for the most part getting CRM up wasn't
> > > too bad.  I've seen it done where you set IIS 7.0 to run in IIS 6.0
> > > compatability mode and changing the CRMAppPool to run in Classic mode rather
> > > than Integrated.  Typically that's what I've seen done to make it work.
> > >
> > > If you have any custom webpages you will need to configure them as well.
> > > You could go and reconfigure everything about the page so that it runs in
> > > Integrated mode and all the latest security stuff but that is a huge pain.
> > > I've found that if I add the following XML tags to the web.config of each
> > > webpage that fixes my webpage problem:
> > >
> > > <system.webServer>
> > >
> > >     <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
> > >

> > > </system.webServer>
> > >
> > > Just be ready for the change to IIS 7.0 and you should be fine.  It works
> > > and runs great once it's all set up.
> > >
> > > Fronk

0
circulent (53)
11/16/2008 2:22:06 AM
You may want to try looking at your host headers as well in case you haven't
got this answered yet. There is some excellent reading for CRM on Windows
2008 in the support pages, post again for links,

Michael Mayo

"circulent" wrote:

> [...]
> > you would want to backup your CRM databases and restore them on the new SQL
> > server, then import the company into CRM.  In the import it asks you what SQL
> > server has the company in it and also what the SRS URL will be.  So, you
> > should be just fine there as well.
> >
> > On the installs that I've done I've installed the application server role on
> > the IIS 7.0 server, imported the company and away we went.  There was some
> > clean up on my custom webpages but as for a fresh role install on IIS 7.0 it
> > was very clean and straight forward.
> >
> > Fronk
> >
> > "circulent" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Fronk,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your suggestions. My research says that a new install is
> > > preferable. If I entertain this route, do you recommend this instead? If so,
> > > how do I reconnect CRM4 to my SQL Server database after reinstalling in on

0
bayareacrm (90)
1/16/2009 10:26:01 PM
can you provide those links? thanks

"bayareacrm" wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > A fresh install would work, you would just have to install to a brand new
> > > database (a completely brand new install) and then import your old
> > > organization through Deployment Manager, that is assuming that you are
> > > already on CRM 4.0, which you mentioned you are.  If the SQL server isn't
> > > changing then you don't have anything to worry about.  If it is changing then
> > > you would want to backup your CRM databases and restore them on the new SQL
> > > server, then import the company into CRM.  In the import it asks you what SQL
> > > server has the company in it and also what the SRS URL will be.  So, you
> > > should be just fine there as well.
> > >
> > > On the installs that I've done I've installed the application server role on
> > > the IIS 7.0 server, imported the company and away we went.  There was some
> > > clean up on my custom webpages but as for a fresh role install on IIS 7.0 it

0
circulent (53)
1/17/2009 7:25:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Here are some helpful links that I've used, I run Hyper-V on my Lenovo so I
have all these configurations as virtual machines and with 16 GB of memory I
can run entire networks with test virtual dedicated machines to consolidated
systems.

Support for CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950100

Host Headers in CRM:
http://www.crowehorwath.com/cs/blogs/crm/archive/2008/06.aspx

"circulent" wrote:

> [...]
> > > skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +268
> > >    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationSettings.CreateType(String
> > > typeName, Type requiredBaseType) +139
> > >
> > > Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.BaseAuthenticationSettings.CreateProvider(String
> > > typeName, IDictionary`2 configuration) +25
> > >
> > > Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.LoadPipeline()
> > > +270
> > >
> > > Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipelineSettings.get_AuthenticationProvider() +16
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender,
> > > EventArgs e) +475
> > >
> > > System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
> > >    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&

0
bayareacrm (90)
1/17/2009 11:39:01 PM
Want to upgrade to CRM 4.0 with SQL 2008 but I have SQL 2005 now!! Please help

I have following Configurations for current MS CRM 3.0 system:
1.	Windows 2003 Server
a.	Crm 3.0 Server
b.	Reporting Server 2005

2.	SQL Server 2005(Windows Server 2003)
a.	MSCRM, and
b.	METABASE databases

I am planning to upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 and SQL Server 2005 to 2008. For this upgrade I need help to successfully complete it.

I have planned following steps for upgrade-
1.	Upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 with current SQL Server 2005
2.	Then using Deployment Manager to move the database from SQL Server 2005 to 2008.

I read this article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957053) issues related to installing CRM 4.0 with SQL 2008. But the hot fixes can be installed during CRM 4.0 installation. But I am doing an upgrade with SQL Server 2005 and changing to SQL Server 2008 afterwards.

Have you done this kind of upgrade? Please help.

Or suggest standard sys requirements to setup upgrade CRM 4.0 with SQL 2008 server.

circulen wrote:

Upgrading CRM 4 Server to Windows 2008 Server
06-Nov-08

We have a CRM 4 Server on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 talking to a separate
Windows 2003 SQL Server 2005 box.

We have already upgraded our DC to Windows Server 2008 Standard. Is there
anything I need to do before upgrading the CRM server to Windows Server 2008
other taking a backup image?

Thanks

On Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:40 AM
circulen wrote:

Upgrading CRM 4 Server to Windows 2008 Server
We have a CRM 4 Server on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 talking to a separate
Windows 2003 SQL Server 2005 box.

We have already upgraded our DC to Windows Server 2008 Standard. Is there
anything I need to do before upgrading the CRM server to Windows Server 2008
other taking a backup image?

Thanks

On Friday, November 07, 2008 11:36 AM
Fron wrote:

[...]

"circulent" wrote:

On Sunday, November 09, 2008 10:41 PM
circulen wrote:

Hi Fronk,Thanks for your suggestions.
Hi Fronk,

Thanks for your suggestions. My research says that a new install is
preferable. If I entertain this route, do you recommend this instead? If so,
how do I reconnect CRM4 to my SQL Server database after reinstalling in on
2008?

Thanks

"Fronk" wrote:

On Monday, November 10, 2008 11:04 AM
Fron wrote:

[...]

"circulent" wrote:

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:20 PM
circulen wrote:

[...]

"Fronk" wrote:

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:22 PM
circulen wrote:

One more thing...
[...]

"Fronk" wrote:

On Friday, January 16, 2009 5:26 PM
bayareacr wrote:

You may want to try looking at your host headers as well in case you haven't
You may want to try looking at your host headers as well in case you haven't
got this answered yet. There is some excellent reading for CRM on Windows
2008 in the support pages, post again for links,

Michael Mayo

"circulent" wrote:

On Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:25 PM
circulen wrote:

RE: Upgrading CRM 4 Server to Windows 2008 Server
can you provide those links? thanks

"bayareacrm" wrote:

On Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:39 PM
bayareacr wrote:

Hi Guys,Here are some helpful links that I've used, I run Hyper-V on my Lenovo
Hi Guys,

Here are some helpful links that I've used, I run Hyper-V on my Lenovo so I
have all these configurations as virtual machines and with 16 GB of memory I
can run entire networks with test virtual dedicated machines to consolidated
systems.

Support for CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950100

Host Headers in CRM:
http://www.crowehorwath.com/cs/blogs/crm/archive/2008/06.aspx

"circulent" wrote:

SAPI 5.1: Voice - Enabled Applications With VB
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f4fbf671-5b70-45b3-ab58-90633f7ae7e4/sapi-51-voice--enabled.aspx
0
yh
1/7/2010 9:34:54 PM
What I would recommend is to perform the upgrade to CRM 4.0, then tackle the
SQL 2008 upgrade on your SQL box.

After the 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade, make sure to make backups of the config and
organizational database in case you have to use the 'redeployment' method
after the sql upgrade, but I believe the main effort here is to get from 3.0
to 4.0 first, then do the sql upgrade as 3.0 isn't compatible with SQL 2008.

Michael Mayo

"yh" wrote:

> [...]
>
> RE: Upgrading CRM 4 Server to Windows 2008 Server
> can you provide those links? thanks
>
> "bayareacrm" wrote:
>
> On Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:39 PM
> bayareacr wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,Here are some helpful links that I've used, I run Hyper-V on my Lenovo
> Hi Guys,
>
> Here are some helpful links that I've used, I run Hyper-V on my Lenovo so I
> have all these configurations as virtual machines and with 16 GB of memory I
> can run entire networks with test virtual dedicated machines to consolidated
> systems.
>
> Support for CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950100
>
> Host Headers in CRM:
> http://www.crowehorwath.com/cs/blogs/crm/archive/2008/06.aspx
>

> "circulent" wrote:

> SAPI 5.1: Voice - Enabled Applications With VB

0
bayareacrm (90)

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-n for MS Sharepoint CUub
I am trying to get SQL Reporting Services installed in the MOSS 2007 test environment (SP2). After my servers and Farm are set up and running, I install MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for MS Sharepoint Technologies. When I try to build a cube (which worked before I installed the add-in), my cube build services breaks with an ActiveX Component Can't Create error I've searched the internet high and low for a workaround, but the only one I find that works is removing the Add-in. Not a good choice as we want this running to mirror our production. I se...

Resource Scheduling #4
We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling team. We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option...

Unable to see any data folder in smartlist on the server
Dear All, Unable to see any data folder in smartlist on the server all the smartlist left side panel is empty even with sa user on the server for GP9.0 whereas it's ok on all the client machines. I click and unlick all the options in smart list security options and no changes happen. Could u please help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, Check the regional options for the server, under advanced tab make sure the language selected work with GP SQL Collation. "Dexdev" wrote: > > Dear All, > > Unable to see any data folder in smar...

crm workflows not executing or appearing in workflow monitor
Running crm version 3.0 with rollup 2 installed. Workflows are no appearing in the workflow monitor or being executed via the workflow service. Our workflows were working fine and then stopped working and any new workflow created is not being executied or displayed in the workflow monitor. We have gone so far as to delete all workflows and create one simple opportunity workflow that checks one field value on create and sets another. The workflow can be activated and updated via thwe workflow manager, but does not appear in the monitor and does not execute. The service is running and th...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Upgrading the CPU?

Problem with resolution of CRM contact emails
Hi, Our system seems to have a problem with contact email addresses. When Outlook autofills CRM contact emails it sometimes does not resolve the email, only the contact name. I'm finding it difficult to replicate this problem, but some of te CRM users have definitely experienced it. Has anyone met this scenario before? (and does anyone know what to do about it???) Thanks! Tom ...

Date format #4
how do i change the date format from xx/xx/xxxx (which I guess must be the default) to xx/xx/xx? I have Money Small Business 2004. Sorry I failed to mention that I'm referring to the Accounts register. Charley "BiggoCharley" <cca@deltaforge.com> wrote in message news:M0Thd.26097$Qv5.557@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com... > how do i change the date format from xx/xx/xxxx (which I guess must be the > default) to xx/xx/xx? I have Money Small Business 2004. > Money uses the dates from the computer it is installed on, so you should change it in Control Panel->...

ANN: nxslt (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.4
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.4 of nxslt - .NET XSLT command line utility. It's maintenance release. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt basically dublicates functionality and command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, mult...

8.0 Upgrade

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Moving SOMgr & Server
After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have moved the Server and Mgr to another computer on the network. The POS and dongole remain on original computer. When I go into the Mgr I get the 941 error about dondgle not being found. Is there something else I need to do so Mgr sees the dongle on POS machine? The POS station with the dongle needs to be Register #1 and needs to be the first machine to run RMS POS every day. Tom "NcS" wrote: > After installing POS,Mgr & server one one computer (and it works fine) I have > moved the Ser...

XP Upgrade

Pivot table question #4
Hello all, I am working on a Excel data table. The 3 columns are year(i.e. 2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount. I have been asked to group by year in the following buckets. 0-2 years 2-3 years 3-5 years 5-10 years 10+ years I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc, but cannot seem to group as I have been asked. That is 2 years, then 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! TimD On Feb 10, 7:36=A0pm, tdkooch <malor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > I am working on a Excel data table. =A0The 3...

Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)
When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get is the following message: Error -3176: The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in the Network Control Panel are correct. The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either. Can someone help? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote (in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>): > The strangest part ...

installing error crm client microsoft.crm.setup.client.grantuserp
after 95 % of the client installation comes a popup window with error message Microsoft.crm.Setup.Client.GrantUserPermissionAction What's the problem ...

Adding new domain to Exchange 5.5 server
I have a company running Exchange 5.5 that is going to be changing their name and subsequently their domain name. They still however, need to recieve e-mail at the old domain's email addresses. Does anyone know the best and safest way to implement the new domain name within Exchange 5.5 while retaining the old mailboxes and the ability to recieve mail at both old and new e-mail addresses? Also I need to make sure that outgoing messages would be sent from the new addresses. Please Help, Thanks. Be sure to read the entire FAQ after you are done with adding domain http://www.swinc.com/resour...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Exc 2k
Hi, I was wondering if the operation below would be reasonnable ": Install a new brand new exchange server restore from another server the Mailbox Store Update through LPAD the AD to reflect the changes Seems to be working on some users in test lab. but in prod ? Thanks, Chris ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Windows Media Player 9
Hi, I don't get the picture at all when I play AVI files, although I do get sound. Can someone point me in the right direction for resolving this issue. Thanks - Phil. Wrong newsgroup, but make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime installed. Click on Help and then on 'Update Existing Software'. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ------...