Upgrade to CRM 4 means i can no longer edit or create anything (as system administrator)

I Hi all.
I upgraded to Crm 4 and did not receive any error messages.
I tried to create a new contact and I received the generic error message of
"an error has occurre". i enabled deverrors in the web.copnfig file, but i
still do not get any useful errors.

any ideas?

Thanks very much

Saira

0
Saira
9/10/2008 3:18:55 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am able to create and delete a new entity.

"Saira" <Saira@nomail.5DFinance.com> wrote in message
>I Hi all.
> I upgraded to Crm 4 and did not receive any error messages.
> I tried to create a new contact and I received the generic error message
> of "an error has occurre". i enabled deverrors in the web.copnfig file,
> but i still do not get any useful errors.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Saira

0
Saira
9/10/2008 3:32:30 PM
And when i try to add something with this entity i can. so it looks like
anything that got upgraded has a problem.

>I am able to create and delete a new entity.
>
> "Saira" <Saira@nomail.5DFinance.com> wrote in message
>>I Hi all.
>> I upgraded to Crm 4 and did not receive any error messages.
>> I tried to create a new contact and I received the generic error message
>> of "an error has occurre". i enabled deverrors in the web.copnfig file,
>> but i still do not get any useful errors.
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks very much
>>
>> Saira

0
Saira
9/10/2008 3:37:28 PM
Also if i export and importall customizations i get errors reported back.

> And when i try to add something with this entity i can. so it looks like
> anything that got upgraded has a problem.
>
> "Saira" <Saira@nomail.5DFinance.com> wrote in message
>>I am able to create and delete a new entity.
>>
>> "Saira" <Saira@nomail.5DFinance.com> wrote in message
>>>I Hi all.
>>> I upgraded to Crm 4 and did not receive any error messages.
>>> I tried to create a new contact and I received the generic error message
>>> of "an error has occurre". i enabled deverrors in the web.copnfig file,
>>> but i still do not get any useful errors.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks very much
>>>
>>> Saira

0
Saira
9/10/2008 3:50:55 PM
i am not sure if it going to help you but can you restart the crm
server and if problem remain then repair the crm system.
You should check warning in logfile on crm server .

------

Aamir

Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
whatelseto (435)
9/10/2008 6:56:32 PM
I am having same issue. I cannot edit or create contacts or activities but
accounts work.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> i am not sure if it going to help you but can you restart the crm
> server and if problem remain then repair the crm system.
> You should check warning in logfile on crm server .
>

> ------
>
> Aamir
>
> Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
Phil1 (164)

editing events or appointments
I am only able to make and edit appointments & schedule events on my palm. I cannot edit them on my pc. How do rectify this? -- DocHarry ...

MS Word
EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? Roger Migdow <roger@rm-pro.com> wrote: > EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW > DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? What version of Word do you use? What do you mean by "the invisibles button"? The button to hide/show the nonprinting characters (tabs, spaces and so on)? If so, have a look under "view" in the preferences menu . Are the non-printing characters that you want to turn off checked? If so, uncheck them! The hide/show nonprinting characters button only t...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Resource Scheduling #4
We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling team. We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option...

crm workflows not executing or appearing in workflow monitor
Running crm version 3.0 with rollup 2 installed. Workflows are no appearing in the workflow monitor or being executed via the workflow service. Our workflows were working fine and then stopped working and any new workflow created is not being executied or displayed in the workflow monitor. We have gone so far as to delete all workflows and create one simple opportunity workflow that checks one field value on create and sets another. The workflow can be activated and updated via thwe workflow manager, but does not appear in the monitor and does not execute. The service is running and th...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Upgrading the CPU?

Outlook OK, but other apps can't send mail
Hi folks, Outlook 2003 works fine for me with our Exchange server, but for some reason, my other office apps, e.g., Word, Excel, are not able to send mail to the Exchange server, saying the server is not available. Any suggestions? Thanks. linearred wrote: > Hi folks, > > Outlook 2003 works fine for me with our Exchange server, but for some > reason, my other office apps, e.g., Word, Excel, are not able to send mail > to the Exchange server, saying the server is not available. > > Any suggestions? > > Thanks. The other apps are not sending e-mail. Wo...

Problem with resolution of CRM contact emails
Hi, Our system seems to have a problem with contact email addresses. When Outlook autofills CRM contact emails it sometimes does not resolve the email, only the contact name. I'm finding it difficult to replicate this problem, but some of te CRM users have definitely experienced it. Has anyone met this scenario before? (and does anyone know what to do about it???) Thanks! Tom ...

Date format #4
how do i change the date format from xx/xx/xxxx (which I guess must be the default) to xx/xx/xx? I have Money Small Business 2004. Sorry I failed to mention that I'm referring to the Accounts register. Charley "BiggoCharley" <cca@deltaforge.com> wrote in message news:M0Thd.26097$Qv5.557@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com... > how do i change the date format from xx/xx/xxxx (which I guess must be the > default) to xx/xx/xx? I have Money Small Business 2004. > Money uses the dates from the computer it is installed on, so you should change it in Control Panel->...

creating a yearbook using publisher
I've been trying to type a yearbook using publisher. But, having many problems with the titles changing from page to page. Can anyone help? Are you using a template? This is a new happening... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Neva" <Neva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC0377FC-4D03-4A41-B6D3-3420C592D9BD@microsoft.com... > I've been trying to type a yearbook using publisher. But, having many > problems with the titles changing from page to page. Can anyone help? Se...

8.0 Upgrade

CRM should have document templates and document generation
1) Users should be able to maintain document (i.e. letter) templates inside CRM. 2) Users should be able to generate a letter (from a template) for a client. 3) A "Letter Activity" should be created with the document attached. 4) This should be available through the Web Client as well as Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

can't paste from clipboard in my macro
Hi. I recorded a macro for the data entry group I work with that will save them lots of time. The only step that doesn't work is the last one, which copies data back from the clipboard into the current worksheet. The goal was to split the first column into three, (it contains a number with three nodes delimited by "-"), eliminate duplicate rows based on the first column only, and renumber the shortened list. Here's what I did: Insert two columns to the right of column A. Select column A. Data - Text to Columns - Delimited by "-" Delete column...

ANN: nxslt (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.4
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.4 of nxslt - .NET XSLT command line utility. It's maintenance release. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt basically dublicates functionality and command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, mult...

XP Upgrade

Pivot table question #4
Hello all, I am working on a Excel data table. The 3 columns are year(i.e. 2011), dollar amount, purchase dollar amount. I have been asked to group by year in the following buckets. 0-2 years 2-3 years 3-5 years 5-10 years 10+ years I seem to be able to group by 2 year intervals, 3 year intervals etc, but cannot seem to group as I have been asked. That is 2 years, then 1 year, then 2 years, then 5 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! TimD On Feb 10, 7:36=A0pm, tdkooch <malor...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > I am working on a Excel data table. =A0The 3...

installing error crm client microsoft.crm.setup.client.grantuserp
after 95 % of the client installation comes a popup window with error message Microsoft.crm.Setup.Client.GrantUserPermissionAction What's the problem ...

How do I create a automatic reference list based on footnotes?
I am working on an assignment, and would like the footnotes automaticly "refresh" and make a list of sources at the end of the document. (Kind of the same as automatic table of content..) You could bookmark the Footnote text along with its number, then create a list with the Cross Reference to the bookmarks. You will have to bokkmark them manually and create the XRef manually but once done it can be refreshed by using Ctrl+A (to select the whole document) then F9 to refresh. You can change views, say from Print Layout to Reading Layout and back to refresh the whole d...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...