Update from workflow requires reloading record

Why does a create workflow update not seen right away?
the users have to reload the opportunity to see the updated field?

Can workflow force that to happen automatically?

Thanks
--
Paul Doyon
CRM Consultant

0
Paul297 (622)
1/24/2008 2:36:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Think of it this way: workflow is server-side, and what the user sees on the
form is client-side -- it's just in their browser, and unfortunately CRM
doesn't include a lot of built-in AJAX functionality, which, if it did, might
refresh data on the form without reloading the page. One way around this is
to use an OnChange event in a field to save the form. However, it's important
to also remember that workflow rules may not fire instantly, as they are
queued by the workflow service to run in the order received, so even if the
page is reloaded right away, you might not immediately see the results of
your workflow since there might be a lag between when the call to the
workflow is issued and when it is performed.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Paul" wrote:

> Why does a create workflow update not seen right away?
> the users have to reload the opportunity to see the updated field?
>
> Can workflow force that to happen automatically?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Paul Doyon
> CRM Consultant

Thanks
--
Paul Doyon
CRM Consultant

"Matt Wittemann" wrote:

> Think of it this way: workflow is server-side, and what the user sees on the
> form is client-side -- it's just in their browser, and unfortunately CRM
> doesn't include a lot of built-in AJAX functionality, which, if it did, might
> refresh data on the form without reloading the page. One way around this is
> to use an OnChange event in a field to save the form. However, it's important
> to also remember that workflow rules may not fire instantly, as they are
> queued by the workflow service to run in the order received, so even if the
> page is reloaded right away, you might not immediately see the results of
> your workflow since there might be a lag between when the call to the
> workflow is issued and when it is performed.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Paul" wrote:
>
> > Why does a create workflow update not seen right away?
> > the users have to reload the opportunity to see the updated field?
> >
> > Can workflow force that to happen automatically?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Paul Doyon
> > CRM Consultant

0
Paul297 (622)

Force new record
Hi, I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform. 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to automatically jump to the new record line. 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing the database? Is this possible? Regards John Try the following in the Open event of the subform: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenwo...

The Form Required To View this Message....
I recently had to do a reinstall of Outlook 98 and since doing this I am now receiving the error message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." This occurs when I am trying to open the envelope of an attached message. the envelop icon seems to have changes to a more yellow one than I had before also. As I don't have an administrator, so where can I get the form from? Regards, Murray ...

Update problem #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, Have just donwloaded the latest 2008 Office update. When wanting to install it, at a certain step it asks to chose the volume onto which the update should be installed. My problem is that although I have a licenced 2008 Office on my MacBook, the updater keeps on saying that the 2008 Office version in NOT installed on my hard drive. (This is quite bizarre since while using Word the updater alerted me of the new update...) Have tried to installe it twice but the same probleme keeps coming. So how to make the Offi...

online stock price updates
I have been using Money 2004's online price updates in the Portfolio section for several years. Suddenly that option disappeared and I only have the "manually update" option. I reloaded the software from the original disc with no luck. What can i do to restore this feature? Read your Licensing Agreement. The Downloading feature sunsets after two years (Money Standard) and Three years (Money Deluxe and Premium) forcing you to update to a newer version if you want the service to continue. Note that Money 2007 has a two year sunset provision for Deluxe and 3 years for P...

Counting specific records
I have a report that lists employees and their job function. At the bottom of the report I want to list each job function and count how many people do that function. This is not working for me, any idea what I'm doing wrong. Thank you =Count([JobFunctionID])="Typist" Count() counts everything that isn't null. The expression ([JobFunctionID])="Typist" will evaluate to either -1/True or 0/False. Count() will count all the -1 and 0 values. You can use: =Sum(Abs([JobFunctionID]="Typist")) If you have multiple JobFunctions, then you might want to...

RW
My report has one header (on Document Number) and wish to print only 10 record on the body (Apply To Invoice Number), so that it will fit onto a pre-printed form and has to print ONLY ONE DOC per form. while testing on a report with >10 Apply to Invoice: if I state 10 Records Per Report Body and unmark No break at record count, the report will print 1st page with 10 body trx, but will still print remaining (after 10 trx) onto the next page. if Mark No break at record count, then report will prnit ALL (>10) on one page, seems that Records per report body is not working then. any...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

Updating GL Account Descriptions
I need to update hundreds of GL account "Description" fields and would like to do them automatically. I have Integration Manager and have the new descriptions in a .csv file but noticed that the Account integration has an "Insert Only" option so I can't update the fields. Does anyone know of another way to do this instead of doing it manually? The account integration has "Update" ability as well. I've used it a lot. Do you have the right object? "JTT" wrote: > I need to update hundreds of GL account "Description" fields a...

CRM 3.0 Deleting Test Records
Trying to delete a test completed order and I get a Read Only error. Seeing that a lot. How do I delete test records that give Read-Only errors especially if I have not set them as read only or who do I change their status to readable and then delete them? Thanks! Shauna OK - did some searching and just need some validation here. From some other posts, is this correct? To delete those records that give you a "Read Only" error when you try and delete them, you need to find them in the SQL database and change the StateCode to either 1 or 0. Is that correct? Why would Micro...

updating spreadsheet from another spreadsheet
i need to update spreadsheet(B) from a seperate spreadsheet(A) that is on a share drive. i only want information that has been update, added, ect from (A) to populate (B). With a color coded cell (yellow) showing that the data from (A) is new when opening or manually running the macro on (B). (A) is a master spreadsheet that i need only a few of the columns data to populate (B). i am using Excel 2003 thanks also wanted to add that spreadsheet (B) will have data getting inputed on it and i don't want that over written when new or updated data is entered on spreadsheet (A). ...

Update worksheet when changing another sheet
Hi, I have a main worksheet, columns A to H (8 columns), about 1000 rows and growing. I insert rows and change data regularly and I want to update another worksheet, which has only columns A to C plus E (4 columns, as some of the other info is not for everybody to see). Would a macro work? Would this be easy, or is there something else that would be better? Thanks. -- Regards, BB I take it you tried: Click in a cell is the sheet to be updated Press = Navigate to the data sheet Click a cell and press [Enter] If this is not working for you, try the following formula: =INDIRECT("...

drawing shapes & efficient updates
Hello I have application in which i can draw shapes. When i have selected shape (from menu), for example: rectangle, and when i press mouse button once it is being drawn when i move my mouse (i can set it's size). When i press mouse botton for the second time the shape is drawn. When i am in drawing mode in method OnMouseMove() i simple set SetROP2(R2_NOTXORPEN), draw last position of my shape (so it is being hided), and after that i return to: SetROP2(oldrop) and draw new position of my shape. The problem is that when i use R2_NOTXORPEN to hide the previous position of the currently...

Access Maximum records
Hi, Can anyone tell me what is the maximum records you can have in access? Thanks in advance -- K Vander Vlist In news:FA47522D-B44F-4D0A-90E4-642851CDDC9E@microsoft.com, Kathy Vander Vlist <KathyVanderVlist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone tell me what is the maximum records you can have in access? > Thanks in advance There is no maximum number of records. There's a maximum size to the file, which is 2GB in Access 2000-2003. I'm not sure if that's changed in Access 2007. Generally, information about limitations of the product version you...

Exchange Update and Blackberry
Hi there This weekend we are planning to roll out the Windows and Exchange DST Patch to your single domain environment. Blackberries suggested upgrade path is as follows: 1) Update Windows Server with the DST patch 2) Update Windows Clients with the DST patch 3) Update Blackberry devices 4) RUN THE RIM SET SEND AS PERMISSION TOOL 5) Apply the Exchange Server CDO DST Patch The RIM set send as permission tool is supposed to prevent the problems as listed in KB912918 where there are set send as receive problems. This problem arrised after store.exe was upgraded...

Update Query 07-11-07
I have a link to a text file that is updated daily. I run an append query to add any new records on the text file into a table stored in my database. I am attempting to update previously appended records based on a field that may change on a daily basis. The record remains on the report, but one field goes through 4 changes through the records duration on the report. (linked text file) Example Day 1 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 2 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 3 Field 21 = "Submitted" Day 4 Field 21 = "Finalized" I attempted to set up an update query that es...

FW: Try on this corrective update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--kzavjzdusjxxsqxbg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vijyzzxjokocbrtm"; type="multipart/alternative" --vijyzzxjokocbrtm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oasndhkeaqhh" --oasndhkeaqhh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protec...

Update links #2
I have a problem trying to update links when it comes to every month. I would like to create a program that enables to change the tab sheet name (representing each month) ... Let me give you an idea what I'm trying to do: I've created a userform list down - to select a month and from there, it should be able to update the links afterwards. The main workbook (='C:\\My Documents\Agencies\Bridges & Tunnels\[ MTA Analysis.xls] contains a table with 10 rows and 5 columns. Each cell shows as follows... ='C:\\My Documents\Agencies\Bridges & Tunnels\[2003 MTA.xl...

Updating Next Consecutive Cell in Range
I am trending a bank account balance. Every time I enter the current value in cell c3, I would like it to update the value in the next empty cell in range c5:c200. Thanks Sony How do you want it updated? If the last used cell is C100, and you enter $1000 into C3, what do you want in C101? Regardless, I would recommend a more traditional setup. Enter each transaction as a separate row. Keep a running balance in the last column. You have an automatic audit trail, the current balance is always the last row, and you have a history of your balance at every transaction. Reg...

AJAX UpdatePanel does not refresh after calling Update()-Method
Hi, I'm new to AJAX and has a little Problem to get an UpdatePanel inside an CustomServerControl to work. My goal is to create an CustomServerControl with an (at designtime) unknown number of UpdatePanels, that can be updated seperatly. Since I'm stuck I create a litte more static testproject to analyse the problem but I ran out of ideas what I could been missing. I would be realy glad if someone can show me hwo to get the UpdatePanels working. I created an ServerControl-Project called ServerControlTest and an ASP WebApplication called AXAJTest The Default.asxp look...

Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update
Good evening MVPs Checking the Microsoft Mactopia page I just found the new Office X update 10.1.5. It has great news for all Office Users: "...This update addresses several stability issues with PowerPoint�, Excel, and Visual Basic for Applications for Office�v.�X. ..." But it also has a note that sounds more like ... You judge: "... Note If you have not installed Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.2 Update and Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage� X (Office v. X 10.1.4 Update), you must do so before installing Microsoft Office v. X 10.1.5 Update. ..." I have all the update...

Send Email in Workflow Problem
Hi! I have a problem here. I create a workflow assembly to send some emails. it works fine when I call the dll from the test windows application. but when i actually call the dll from an workflow, no emails were send. Anyone has some ideas? the dll is called since it has does sth just couldn't send email. and I am using administrator right to run the workflow. I had the same problem before. I just changed to another CRM user to run the CRM web service. "Miranda" wrote: > Hi! > I have a problem here. I create a workflow assembly to send some emails. it > works...

Filtering unique records across multiple spreadsheets
Hi, This is my first time here. I've searched the forum to see if I could find an answer to this before posting a new thread but can't find one. I have two large mailing lists in a spreadsheet (very simple spreadsheet - name/company/address). One is about 5000 names and the other is about 11,000. I have used unique filtering on both to remove duplicates. Now, I would like to compare the two lists against each other and remove all names that appear on both lists from the larger list. (it's still early, I hope I'm making sense ... basically this is for two mailings - the ...

Access 2007 Runtime: Stored Procedures as Record Source to Forms
Several forms in my Access Project use stored procedures in SQL Server 2000. When i try to open the forms in Access 2007 Runtime on client machines, i receive an error that the record source could not be found or does not exist. I use dbo.ProcName format and the forms open correctly in my full version Access. What could be the issue? Thanks! ...

2005 Update
If anyone was having problems downloading from Vanguard, the latest update for Money 2005 seems to have fixed the problem, where shares are subtracted from investments. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org ...

See that internet update
--bsttafwsoh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hifqvhjxnyeqjuo"; type="multipart/alternative" --hifqvhjxnyeqjuo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fmlnxyyc" --fmlnxyyc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vuln...