Unsupported but working: CR w/external ODBC

CRM SERVER
1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with all
the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe

2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use
Windows Authentication

DEVELOPMEN
1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same
name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER

GOOD LUCK!

PS
crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not have
your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll

0
Kristina
1/12/2005 9:26:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

thanks for posting kristina...useful information

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Kristina Ledford" <ledfordk@telspan.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> CRM SERVER
> 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with
all
> the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe
>
> 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use
> Windows Authentication
>
> DEVELOPMEN
> 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same
> name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER
>

> GOOD LUCK!
>
> PS
> crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not have
> your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll

0
John
1/12/2005 11:33:17 PM
Excellent, good to know.

Any official answers from Microsoft CRM support on this approach?

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
San Francisco, CA

"Kristina Ledford" wrote:

> CRM SERVER
> 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with all
> the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe
>
> 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use
> Windows Authentication
>
> DEVELOPMEN
> 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same
> name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER
>

> GOOD LUCK!
>
> PS
> crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not have
> your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll

It uses the same methods as CRM does by default (ODBC) -- but the problem is
a licensing issue.  In order to use CR's ODBC connectivity you must have a
licensed version of CR outside of the OEM CR that comes with CRM.

There should be no issue as long as you own CR.

"Frank Lee" <FrankLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excellent, good to know.
>
> Any official answers from Microsoft CRM support on this approach?
>

> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
> San Francisco, CA
>
> "Kristina Ledford" wrote:
>
>> CRM SERVER
>> 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with
>> all
>> the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe
>>
>> 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use
>> Windows Authentication
>>
>> DEVELOPMEN
>> 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same
>> name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER
>>

>> GOOD LUCK!
>>
>> PS
>> crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not
>> have
>> your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll

0
Kristina
1/13/2005 7:01:59 PM
Hi Group,

we experienced problems while starting the Crystal Configuration Manager on
the CRM Server after copying the dll-files into the bin-directory. An
Installer started and wanted to check for requred files, got a network error
and closed. From then on Crystal didn't work with CRM. After a reinstall of
CRM with connection to existing database all was fine again.

One way to prevent this is to make a backup of the bin-directory, stop all
Crystal services and restor the directory before starting the configuraion
manager.

Greetings

    Michael

"Kristina Ledford" <ledfordk@telspan.com.NOSPAM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> It uses the same methods as CRM does by default (ODBC) -- but the problem
> is a licensing issue.  In order to use CR's ODBC connectivity you must
> have a licensed version of CR outside of the OEM CR that comes with CRM.
>
> There should be no issue as long as you own CR.
>

> "Frank Lee" <FrankLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Excellent, good to know.
>>
>> Any official answers from Microsoft CRM support on this approach?
>>

>> Frank Lee
>> Workopia, Inc.
>> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>> San Francisco, CA
>>
>> "Kristina Ledford" wrote:
>>
>>> CRM SERVER
>>> 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with
>>> all
>>> the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe
>>>
>>> 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use
>>> Windows Authentication
>>>
>>> DEVELOPMEN
>>> 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same
>>> name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER
>>>

>>> GOOD LUCK!
>>>
>>> PS
>>> crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not
>>> have
>>> your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll

0
Michael
2/16/2005 11:54:13 AM

"Michael Erl" wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> we experienced problems while starting the Crystal Configuration Manager on
> the CRM Server after copying the dll-files into the bin-directory. An
> Installer started and wanted to check for requred files, got a network error
> and closed. From then on Crystal didn't work with CRM. After a reinstall of
> CRM with connection to existing database all was fine again.
>
> One way to prevent this is to make a backup of the bin-directory, stop all
> Crystal services and restor the directory before starting the configuraion
> manager.
>
> Greetings
>
>     Michael
>

> "Kristina Ledford" <ledfordk@telspan.com.NOSPAM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > It uses the same methods as CRM does by default (ODBC) -- but the problem
> > is a licensing issue.  In order to use CR's ODBC connectivity you must
> > have a licensed version of CR outside of the OEM CR that comes with CRM.
> >
> > There should be no issue as long as you own CR.
> >

> > "Frank Lee" <FrankLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Excellent, good to know.
> >>
> >> Any official answers from Microsoft CRM support on this approach?
> >>

> >> Frank Lee
> >> Workopia, Inc.
> >> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
> >> San Francisco, CA

Hi Group...

I still have an error message after copied the crdb*.dll to bin folder and
restart the CRM server.
The error message is:
Information is needed before this report can be processed.

Please help me.... I'll be waiting for your response.
Thank you

regards
-henny-

"Michael Erl" wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> we experienced problems while starting the Crystal Configuration Manager on
> the CRM Server after copying the dll-files into the bin-directory. An
> Installer started and wanted to check for requred files, got a network error
> and closed. From then on Crystal didn't work with CRM. After a reinstall of
> CRM with connection to existing database all was fine again.
>
> One way to prevent this is to make a backup of the bin-directory, stop all
> Crystal services and restor the directory before starting the configuraion
> manager.
>
> Greetings
>
>     Michael
>

> "Kristina Ledford" <ledfordk@telspan.com.NOSPAM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > It uses the same methods as CRM does by default (ODBC) -- but the problem
> > is a licensing issue.  In order to use CR's ODBC connectivity you must
> > have a licensed version of CR outside of the OEM CR that comes with CRM.
> >
> > There should be no issue as long as you own CR.
> >

> > "Frank Lee" <FrankLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Excellent, good to know.
> >>
> >> Any official answers from Microsoft CRM support on this approach?
> >>

> >> Frank Lee
> >> Workopia, Inc.
> >> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
> >> San Francisco, CA

Return 24:00 when amount of hours worked equals 24:00
I am trying to set up a spread sheet, that keeps track of the hours I work. The hours vary and quite often span 24 hours. When I am entering my formaula to calculate the difference between start time and finish time I get a good result, i.e 16 hours, but when the result is 24 hours it displays zero. What I have done: A1Date started B1Time started C1Date finished D1Time finished E1Hours work 12/09/04(date) 08:30(time format) 13/09/04(dte) 08:30(tme) ????? A2Date started B2Time started C2Date finished D2Time finished E2Hours work 14/09/04 17:00 (time) ...

Unsupported Security Settings
Installing Outlook online client get this error: "Unsupported Security Settings MIcrosoft CRM requires that ActiveXcontrols are enabled. Your current security settings prevent this. You need to enable ActiveX and try again". It goes on to explain how and where to enable these. Going there we find they are in fact already enabled. Any Clues? Check both settings under "Intranet" and "Trusted Sites" "Tim Haworth" <Tim Haworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD84CB68-C87F-49AD-B155-F6323C17FB18@microsoft.com... > Installin...

Some fonts that appear in Word not working in Publisher
I'm using Publisher 2002 on WinXP. Trying to insert a symbol from ITC Zapf Dingbats - it works fine in Word, but appears as the section mark in Times New Roman in Publisher. It appears the character code for the two symbols is the same and Times New Roman dominates. Any idea how I can change this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200602/1 Are you using Insert, symbol? If you have Zapf selected in the publication screen, the hex numbers will work. For example the section mark in Times is alt+0164, this is true in Unicode and other ...

Mail Merge is no longer working
We have been using mail merge a lot and just this week I have noticed it is no longer working. If I select 'Mail Merge', typically the dialog box pops up with options for the type of merge (existing document, new template, etc...) Now what happens is that dialog box sort of shows up for about .25 seconds and then it dissapears. I have checked the event logs and I dont see anything on the client machine or the server. This is showing up on every client machine. Our client machines are running Office 2003, Norton Antivirus (enabled or disabled makes no difference), Win XP SP2, and all o...

windows 7 search not working
Hi, I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Windows Search does not work - there is no drive activity and I get no results. I've seen the KB article 977380 about Win7 search not working and I have tried the hotfix, but with no luck. Search still does not work. The indexing service is running, AFAICT, and the drive properties are set to allow indexing. Anyone know the answer to this? (please don't say Google Search 8-) George On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:33:47 -0400, George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote: I was advised by email to tr...

Excel Custom Format Not Working
Hi All, I wrote a macro that makes a cell equal to a vlookup formula. So m code looks something like this: Range("A2") = "=vlookup(A1,A3:B50,3,False)" Then I want the custom format of 000000.00 applied to cell A2. So I coded: Range("A2")..NumberFormat = "000000.00" This does not work however, the format does not change. I noticed the only way to solve this problem is to manually select th cell then click on the contents of the cell and hit ENTER. Have any of you encountered this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? Any help would be greatly app...

Error: Unsupported XML Parser Version
After installing CRM 1.2 and its patches the program seems to work OK. Unforntunantly normal users (without admin-rights on the network) the web-interface give's an error. This is the situation: CRM 1.2 installed on server CRM01, TS01 installed as an terminal server. Normal users logging in by RDP on CRM01 have no problems at all. But when a normal user logs in by RDP on TS01 and opens http:\\crm01\default.aspx the next errormessage appairs: Microsoft CRM Alert: Unsupported XML Parser Version Microsoft CRM requires Microsoft XML Parser v3.0 SP2 or later. You need to up...

Windows in Taskbar not working
Hi All, Just started recently, Excel 2003's Windows in Taskbar (Tools > Options > View) option stopped working for me. Even though this box is checked, multiple workbooks still open under one Excel taskbar. I've done the "Detect and Repair" as well as applied Office SP1 patch, still no luck. Any thoughts? Thanks, VT Maybe it's a windows setting. Rightclick on an empty spot on the windows taskbar. Select Properties. On the Taskbar tab, uncheck "group similar taskbar buttons" VT wrote: > > Hi All, > > Just started recently, Ex...

Add Holidays in Calendar Options not working in Outlook 2007
My Holidays disappeared a morning after I followed the directions correctly, so I tried to redo the steps today, Tools, Options, Calendar options, Add Holidays, and nothing happens. Version of Outlook? Do you get the message that the holidays were added previously? Do you see them if you view the calendar using All appointments view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly ...

IM unsupported
In my organization many users are using IM. I am aware that IM when not supported accordingly can bring security risks to the internal network. If I am not ready to support IM yet (via Exchange 2000), have you seen people out there just blocking IM for internal users ? If so, how would you normally block IM (GPO, firewall ports, etc) ? Which client? You can disable Exchange IM via the users properties in AD -> Exchange Features -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this addre...

Regarding button not working in Outlook Client
I have a sales rep that can track emails just fine, but 95% of the time, he cannot choose a Regarding object for the email. He then has to open the email in CRM and choose the Regarding there. I have re-installed his outlook client, but the problem still exists. We though we saw a common thread. It looks like messages sent to email addresses that match a CRM account or contact are the ones with the issues. Additional info: this rep opens his Sent Items and promotes from there. He does not want the CRM:XXXXXXXX tag on his outgoing email subjects. The email tracks to the account just fine...

Auto forward doesn't work for email sent to distribution list
Hi there, When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve this problem??? Many thanks in advance, Lex. Define "auto forward". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08428C3D-3227-4705-8...

Undo not working?!?
I have an unbound control on a form that the user will enter a date into. In the BeforeUpdate event I have the below code to check if the date is valid. If the date is not valid, the user receives a message box and the data the user entered is "undone". But the "undo" command is not working. I get the message box but the erroneous date remains. So, if the value in the unbound field is 5/25/2010 and the user enters 5/263/2010, rather than reverting to 5/25/2010 (which is what I want to have happen) the erroneous data, 5/263/2010, remains. Appreciate any i...

ODBC access error to an Excel spreadsheet verified through MSQRY32.EXE.
It appears that the ODBC driver for Excel (Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)), will return null for ALL values of a column if the first 8 rows for a particular column are null. To reproduce: - Create a spreadsheet with the first row containing values A='col1' and B= 'col2' - In rows 2-21, put values 1-20 in column A (col1) - In rows 2-21, put values 1-20 in column B (col2) - Start up MSQRY32.EXE and access that spreadsheet - Verify that you get the following data: col1 col2 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 ...

Calendar: Delete Non-Recurring Events Not Working

a computer can't open the CRM 3 site (unsupported security error)
Hi, 1 of our computers can't open the CRM web site. Every users (including administrators) received a "Unsupported Security Settings" error with this description: You need to enable Microsoft ActiveX controls and try again. but everything is authorized, the IE security is setup like on other computers. and ALL the users on this computer suffer this issue. what is this ActiveX???? there is no name, no more detailed error. I presume there is something missing on the computer, but we don't know aht is missing. thanks for your help. Jerome. ...

Once I changed to AT&T Uverse from Comcast Mail not working
I have been using WIndows mail on my Vista Operating system to send and recieve my AOL email. Once I had AT&T U-Verse installed in the house Microsoft Mail recieves (very slowly) and will not send email. When I do attempt to send and recieve WIndows Mail pops up a box about how do I want to connect to the internet. When I go to select a new connection the Windows dialog boxes tell me I am already connected to the internet (which I know), but the damn thing still just acts like it needs to dial a connection - even though it already downloaded my email. Is this a windows...

This code works in one database, but not the other...
I have this code (see below) in a form that is to write an audit record. I have sample database that this code runs just fine in, but when I import the same form and table into one of my production databases, I get an error. "Run-time error '3265': Item not found in this collection." When is stops it stops on " rs!UserName = CurrentUser" I'm not a code writer so have little skill in trouble shooting this problem. Any help would be appreciated Kelvin ++++++++++++++++++++ Sub WriteAuditUpdate(txtTableName, lngRecordNum, txtFieldName, OrgValue, CurValue) ...

Why System Restore Point does not work?
Last month, I manually created a System Restore Point. Now a month later, when I try to restore to that RP, I get an error to the effect of "cannot uses Restore Point; system unchanged". What could I have done wrong in created the RP? Or what more do I have to do to use it? All windows and applications are closed except for the two windows opened by the Help and Support Center link. By the way, I tried a number of RPs after the one I created, all to no avail. In particular, I tried an automatic installation RP, which was presumably created before I installed s...

Delivery restrictions on message size not working
Exchange 2003/Service pack 1 I set the Global Settings > Message Delivery defaults to message size 2048 KB bouth inbound and outbound. This works fine. However, when I change a few user accounts on the ADUC > Exchange General > Delivery Restrictions to a higher maximum KB both inbound and outbound, messages sent to or from those accounts still bounce with the same error message. In other words, they are still stuck on the Global Settings limit. I restarted the Information Store and this did not fix it. Do I need to restart any other services or reboot the server? Any help ap...

Some good work
Hi Everybody I just able to create lookup field. And with this I can enble to show the lookup field of the same entity in the same form. So I think I got a way to get around the one-to-one and many-to-many relationship. Is not it good? Anyone need any help, let me know. Thanks and Regards -- Jaber ...

An unsupported operation was attempted
I get a message like in subject during execute my program compiled under VC++ 6.0. This message seems appear on function like CDialog:OnInitDialog, UpdateData() and so on. I think that it is problem with DLLs but how to resolve this? Thaks for any suggestions or answers in advance. Paul. More information is need on this! Try doing a build all, you might have some things out of sink. Have you tried looking up the error message at msdn.microsoft.com or the knowlegebase? Ali R. "Pawel" <pawel@itproject.com.pl> wrote in message news:eTNgv4a4DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &...

MRMS Work Order
Hi, I tried to create a work order using a voucher item. It will create the work order, but will not ask for the Serial number. But when we try to invoice (full payment) this work order containing Voucher item, its showing some vague error like " Invalid quantity". I am able to invoice a voucher item directly. But am not able to Invoice a workorder containing Voucher item. Please help me out of this prob Thanks in advance -- Anujith ...

Unsupported read only fields?
Can you just creat an onOpen event handler in the ASPX page that sets the fields you want to read only? ...

Stock Count Schedule
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C9AC8D.3DC38600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Under Inventory >Stock Count Schedule> Stock Count Mass Add, there is a = check box if you want to include or exclue the zero on hand items. Un-Checking that Box to exclude the ZERO does not work. does any one = know if it is bux or how to fix/resolve this issue Regards, ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C9AC8D.3DC38600 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...