Unresolved Contacts on Appointments

I am receiving strange behavior with the CRM resolving contacts for
appointments.

If I create an appointment and invite nobody (i.e. I am the organizer but no
atendees) and then track in CRM, it works fine.  Appointment goes into the
CRM and I am set as the Owner and Organizer and there are no required
atendees.

If I create another appointment and invite 1 person who is a user (not a
contact) and then track in CRM I receive an error indicating that "No
resources have been selected for this activity" and asks me if i want to
continue.  I click yes so it pushes it into the CRM.  When I go to view it in
the CRM it shows the required person (the user that I invited) as being
unresolved.  It also shows the organizer (me) as unresolved even though it
was able to resolve the owner (me again).

I have double checked that I have no other contacts in the system with the
same e-mail addresses as our two users.  Only 1 user each.  Why would it not
resolve those users?

We often create internal meetings between users.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Exporting all contacts at once as vcards
Is it possible to export all contacts as vcards in one fell swoop as opposed to individually? Can you do that with the calender also... export all appointments and events at once? Thanks! Nancy You can do that by means of an add-in from Sperry Software http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Vcard-Converter.asp?Source=RS Use "BH93RF24" to get a discount when ordering -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

Contact Table
I added a few custom schema field attributes in CRM within the Contact Table, now I receive an error that states that I have exceeded the SQL Server limit of 8000 bytes. I have looked at the Contact Table and there are rows that I do not need within the ContactBase table. I am looking to find out how I can remove my changes or remove the rows that I do not need. -Thanks to everyone that has responded. James, I'm afraid that there isn't a way to remove columns once they are added. Short of doing a database restore of the various DB's, you don't have many options. T...

Unresolved recipients
G'Day All, Where do I configure E2K to forward mail send to unresloved recipients to another mailbox? For example, if mail is send to mikferg@mydomain.com instead of mikeyferg@mydomain.com I would like E2K fo deliver that mail and all such errors to mailboxmanager@mydomain.com Thanks for your assistance. You meant the following? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631 "ferg" <ferguson@eastsidemiami.com> wrote in message news:uElNMp5zDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > G'Day All, > > Where do I configure E2K to forward mail send to un...

Contact listing
I have my contacts listed by Last Name. But I find that if I enter a Nickname in the Nickname area that name becomes listed alphabetically by his Nickname. Is there a way to change that? I deleted the nickname from that area and placed in somewhere else. Control Shift C Rt Click on the column header - you can add, remove, change columns Click on a column header to sort Note: Multiple fields are available(First Name, Last Name, Name, Nickname) - the First Name and Last Name fields only display the content entered in that contact's respective field. - the Name f...

unresolved MakeSureDirectoryPathExists?
I've got a project that I'm working on from someone else. I'm using MakeSureDirectoryPathExists, and am getting a link error. I included ImageHlp.h. LoaderView.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__MakeSureDirectoryPathExists@4 Debug/FLoader.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. settings include: nsviewsd.lib cpclibd.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /incremental:yes /pdb:"Debug/TFLoader.pdb" /debug /machine:I386 /nodefaultlib:"LIBCMTD" /out:"Debug/TFLoader.exe" /pdbtype:sept /libpath:".\Comm...

insert contact info in email message?
Is there some way to insert a contacts information into an email body? So if I want to give someones contact info to a client or friend while composing I can do that quickly. It seems as if I used to be able to do this in Outlook express. Does outlook do this too? I don't know of an easy and quick method, but a wordaround is to open the contact and use the File->Save As to save the data, then open it in an editor, copy, and paste into your e-mail. You could use the "Insert -> Item" menu and pick the contact but then it gets put into the e-mail as a .msg file attachment ...

Contacts
I would like to add a field called "Relationship" to the other contact details (Full Name, Address, Phone numbers, etc.) in my Contacts in Outlook XP, can this be done? What I have done so far is gone into the Contact and into the All Fields tab, where I clicked on New and added a text field called "Relationship". But I would like this field to appear on the General tab if possible? Is it? Kol. ----------- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Hello, I've just noticed that the field "Relationship" I just added only ...

Email going to SPAM when in Contacts
I receive emails from people that are in my Contacts that go straight to SPAM. When I 'Add to Contacts" again it tells me they are in my Contacts. How do I stop them from going to the SPAM Under Tools, Junk E-mail Options, Safe Senders, make sure there is a check in the box for "Also trust e-mail from my Windows Contacts". Also, make sure that neither the sender's email address or his domain is in the Blocked Senders list. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "bestlola" wrote in message =...

Migrating contacts to other database
Hello, I have been looking for a data integration technology. We have been searching and have had some advice. But we have not found the right software yet. We are needing the ability to migrate contacts and data on a daily basis. The transfer will be made manually. Maybe someone could help me. Thanks for the help! There are a number of ways to do this, the easiest being a transfer of data as text, a spreadsheet, or the entire table or query to another database. Look at the TransferText, TransferSpreadsheet, or TransferDatabase actions or methods in the help file. -- ...

How can I assign a category for a new contact
The new outlook 2007 does not have a button to assign a Category? how can I assig a category for a recent new contact open? Yes it does. It's the big Categorize button in the Options group on the = "ribbon." --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Outlook 2007" <Outlook 2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Disable Location warning message on appointments
How do I disable the "Location is not specified" warning message when creating an appointment with another attendee? Can't be done. I hate it, too. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "IJ" wrote: > How do I disable the "Location is not specified" warning message when > creating an appointment with another attendee? ...

linker error because of unresolved external symbol
Hi there, I have a linker error I cannot get rid of. Here it is: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(filelist.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(timecore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype I have been searching the newsgroups and haven't found a solution for me. Usually , one get this error when mixing up run-time libs. But I...

Contacts & Active Directory
Hi, Whenever I place an email address in a contact's profile, if that email address is found in Active Directory, it replaces it with the person's name. Is there a way I can stop this from happening? I'd like to leave as the email address and not the person's name. Thanks, R No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "rainstorms21" <rainstorms@--nospam--comcast.net> wrote in message news:%234D%23kFdZEHA.1764@TK2...

new appointments free time
How do I set the default for new appointments to be "free time"? You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602 "Kevin Zawicki" <num...

Need help importing Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts to CRM 3.0
Hi, Using MS outlook 2003, I've exported my Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts into a .CSV file. I've then gone into CRM and gone to Tools - Import and selected the CSV. I don't really understand the field mapping part of the import wizard. When I click Import it says that all the records failed to import. Can somebody please help me. Thanks Gary Check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en It has the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft...

Unresolved external
I converted a large project from Visual Studio 2002 to VS 2003. I get linker error below: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall SerializeElements(class CArchive &,class ATL::CStringT<char,class..... If I build the identical code in VS2002, no problem.... any clues? Link the path of the SDK in the Project Settings -- Tarun ********************************************************************** Tarundeep Singh Kalra (tarundeep1976_nospam_at_yahoo_dot_nospam_dot_com) tarun_at_tarunsadhana_dot_com visit: www.tarunsadhana.com ************************************************...

Contact list question
I now have my contacts listed online with a Windows Live ID. But, I notice the display in WLM is different ... depending on if I am logged into Windows Live ID or not. When I am not logged in, I see all my Groups (or Categories) but when I am logged in, I see none. The total contacts is the same. Is there any way to duplicate the Group/Categories when online? Tom You are looking at two independent contact lists. Any changes made while logged in will not be reflected when not logged in and vice versa. You would have to manually recreate the groups while logged in. ...

Filtering contacts by field?
I have thousands of entries in my contacts in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if there is a way to only show me a list of entries whose value for "categories" are a certain word. E.g. say I have a list of contacts who are in a lot of industry fields, is there a way to show a list of ONLY those who are lawyers (specified as "law" in categories), and not showing other contacts in the list and can quickly view the total no of entries in this category? I know there's "group by this field" if I right click a column head but it is not quite what I want, it drives me n...

Appointments disappearing from Outlook Calendar, appointment linked to Leads
Here is the issue: An appointment is created in Outlook, it is then linked to a lead record using set regarding. The appointment remains on the user who created it Outlook calendar until the user invites another employee to the appointment. At this time, when the other employee accepts the appointment request, the appointment disappears from the original user's Outlook Calendar. Any thoughts? Thanks. ...

sharing sub directory contact lists
I have a problem where if a make a new contact list under the default conacts and share the list and give permissions for a user to access it, when the user tries to open the list using outlook, open another users data, I get a message saying the oject cannot be found. If I share the default contact list and try and access it it works fine. This is the same for inboxs as well does anyone know why this is and can I fix it? Jake In news:3D1F7F26-CD1A-4BAB-B9D1-501C9394E307@microsoft.com, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a problem where if a make a new cont...

who to contact for content issues?
This newsgroup scraped a response I made on a non-microsoft SQL forum. On the original site I quickly deleted the post, but somehow it was picked up in this newsgroup. Who do I contact about having my real name removed from that post? It looks like it was scraped in automatically, so I have no way of deleting or editing the post/thread. Who should I contact about content issues on in the SQL Server programming group? Thanks! Have you considered talking to the owners of the "non-microsoft SQL forum"? Frankly once it's picked up by google at all, you can...

How to remove contacts
I've noted when I send an email Outlook stores *internally* the receiver email address: why? How can I remove it? I can't find it in my email book? Mhaxx Hi Mhaxx, Outlook store this "autocomplete list in a seperate file. Here are some information about this "autocomplete" list and how you can delete this: http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Mhaxx" <supermhaxx@despammed.com> schrieb im Newsbeit...

reminders and contacts using owa
Using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, I am trying to consolidate my calendars. However, it appears that I cannot be reminded of events that are not in my calendar or tasks folder. I want to use the calendar and contacts in my mailbox, not the ones in my Outlook calendar/contacts. Thanks for the help Harold hari <mackeyha2athotmaildotcom> wrote: > Using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, I am trying to consolidate my > calendars. However, it appears that I cannot be reminded of events > that are not in my calendar or tasks folder. I want to use the > calendar and contacts in...

How to contact author for copyright
Hi, for a small book about programming Access add-ins, I would like to use some code I found here: http://c85.cemi.rssi.ru/access/Books/A97ExSol/index20.htm Similar code was used by Allison Balter (Mastering Access 95 Dev. http://c85.cemi.rssi.ru/access/Books/ABA/aba28fi.htm). Does anybody know how to contact the author (Stan Leszynski) to get his permission for publishing a slightly changed version of his code in the book and in an example mdb? Thank you! Michel scubadiver schrieb: > I suggest contacting the publisher (a specific email address that deals= with=20 > copyright i...