Universal "Look For" to get to a contact from any page

I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at
areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in
CRM.  It would save time.

Thank you for listening.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c8ccedd-2d2a-4cca-8864-9c013c9a52e4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I agree - that should be an out-of-box feature, but you might want to check
out www.c360.com.  They make something called MultiField Search which does
this.  It also integrates into the Windows Desktop Search pretty nicely.

John

"Soundmill_Wil" wrote:

> I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at
> areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in
> CRM.  It would save time.
>
> Thank you for listening.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c8ccedd-2d2a-4cca-8864-9c013c9a52e4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Advanced Find

--
Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC
The Norwich Group

"Soundmill_Wil" <SoundmillWil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at
> areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in
> CRM.  It would save time.
>
> Thank you for listening.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c8ccedd-2d2a-4cca-8864-9c013c9a52e4&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Anne

Contact as default in Look for picklist in Form Assistant
Case form; customer field. When I click on the field, the Form Assistant shows Account as default to choose from. I need to show Contact as default. I fixed the lookup in field to show only contacts but I can't get the Form Assistant to do the same. Please assist. Thank you Hi Bernardina, Have you found a solution for this? I am looking exactly for the same thing. Thanks! "Bernardina" wrote: > Case form; customer field. When I click on the field, the Form Assistant > shows Account as default to choose from. I need to show Contact as default. I > fixed the loo...

Integration Script to look for a specific character
Can someone provide me with a script in integration manager that will look for a specific character in a data field and if it finds that character, updates the currentfield one way and if it does not find it updates the currentfield another way. Thank you, Amy Dim SearchString dim SearchChar dim StartPosition dim TextCompare SearchString = SourceFields("QueryName.FieldName") SearchChar = "A" StartPosition = 1 textcompare = 1 If InStr(StartPosition , SearchString, SearchChar, TextCompare) > 0 then currentField = "someValue" Else CurrentField = &qu...

macro to look for empty cell
What is the code for a makro to look for the first empty cell in column A? ...

look for the exact number
I am using this =COUNTIF(A:A,"*-1*") and =COUNTIF(B:B,"*-1*") and =COUNTIF(C:C,"*-1*") and =COUNTIF(D:D,"*-1*") and =COUNTIF(F:F,"*-1*")to find numbers. 1-10 9-2 3-8 4-7 5-6 4-3 10-8 9-7 1-6 5-2 8-9 1-7 2-6 3-5 4-10 4-6 5-10 9-1 2-8 3-7 10-6 7-5 2-1 8-4 9-3 5-9 6-8 7-10 3-2 1-4 3-1 4-9 8-5 6-7 10-2 7-2 6-3 5-4 9-10 8-1 7-8 2-4 10-3 1-5 6-9 6-5 10-1 2-9 8-3 7-4 There are 5 columns here I want to know if the 1 is in front like 1-3 or behind 3-1. I am doing this for all 10 numbers. The problem is that the -1 is picking up the -10 and counting i...

Universal "Look For" to get to a contact from any page
I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in CRM. It would save time. Thank you for listening. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Outlook form
Howdie, I have designed a form, that works in my existing environment. However the user needs to click "forward" rather than reply or reply to all. Is there anyway that I can change the properties of the button forward, to do the same as reply all - ie put all the receipients address onto the form.... ...

Look For should search inactive records too (or give choice)
The Look For search bar only searches Active records. Even if you are already in the Inactive records area, those will not be found by the search. Today the only workaround in native CRM is to save an Advanced Search to includes inactive records. My suggestion would be a checkbox "Include Inactive records". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugge...

Look For
Why does "Look for" look for any text in a Contact look-up but only the "begins-with" when looking up an account? For example, looking for a contact named Fred Jones can be found by looking either by Fred or by Jones. But to look up an account called Fred Jones Associates, you can only search on the beginning of the Account name (e.g. Fred). If Fred Jones Associates is recorded in CRM as Jones Associates, the look-for will only find a search of the word Jones. Is it possible to make the "Look for" search for words contained in the search term as opposed...

non excel look for an excel work book
I want to create an excel work book with non excel look. I have alread done fullscreen and also switched of all the toolbars. There are tw things remaining to be made invisible 1. the bar showing file,edit,tools etc 2. An excel icon is visible to the far left How can I hide the above tw -- chandran ----------------------------------------------------------------------- chandrans's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1436 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27590 1. the bar showing file,edit,tools etc This is just...

Where should I look for this???
HI, I have a serious question. I want to create an excel sheet whitch generates a report out of data from several clients. However, due to the fact that new clients can enter the scene, I need the possibility that my final reporting functions will be automatically updated if I add a new client (set of fields, sheet or map). Up till now I posess no visual basic skills and I have no clue where to look for something like that. Can anybody help me or give me a hint? Thanks a lot, mingolo -- mingolo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mingolo's Prof...

Default location to look for file attachments
Hello, I have a question regarding locating files to attach to e- mails in Outlook. I use Word as my e-mail editor. When I go to insert a file attachment into an e-mail I'm writing, the computer looks in my My Documents folder by default. However, when I'm using Word to create a regular document, the default file location is a folder I've specified called MYDOCS (which is backed up by a MS-DOS batch file). Is there a way that I can set Outlook (or Word) to look in the MYDOCS folder by default when I go to attach a file to an e-mail I'm editing in Word? Any help wo...

Removing Look for: Account option in the Look Up Records window
Hello again, I have another question: when I click the lookup button of the "Customer" field on, e.g. new "Invoice" form, a Look Up Records pops up. The re are two options for selecting a customer there in a drop-down: "Account" and "Contact". I would like to remove "Account" so that the customer could only be selected from "Contacts": I was unable to find the way to do it. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you could remove it by using javascript and removing the account type code of the typecodes property of the lookup ...

Look for names when cursor is there..
Dear expert, I have a file containing 2 sheets Summary = Names and Marks Calculation = Contains the breakdown of Marks Say in Summary sheet. A1 to B15 are like this. Names Marks Chrain 81 Teri 77 Jim 75 Ricky 74 Trudy 74 Pat 68 James 67 Mark 63 Peggy 62 Michael 61 Fred 55 Kim 53 Ray 45 Fiona 42 Say I highlight the cell of Ricky. Then press (use Mouse) a button (will be done later in cell C1) next to Marks (cell B1). It can automatically go to search Ricky in sheet calculation. Say I highlight (cursor) the cell of Peggy, it can automatically go to search ...

Macro to look for file on multiple drive letters
Ive created a file and macro that reads from another specific file on network drive. This works OK apart from 1 problem - Not everyone ha the same letter name for the network drive. For example, for me th network drive is G but for my colleague the same drive is under lette H. Because i have created the macro to use drive G it isnt working fo everyone. Is there a way that the macro can search either/or (if drive G no found look for drive H)?? or can it open the second file using th network path?? Hope i havent made my request too confusing. Appreciate any help. Many thanks -- Message post...

Where do you look for a consultant?
We've spoken as well as worked with consultants who know all about big-picture stuff but are unable to help with day-to-day issues (e.g., how do I change this column width?). We think we need a consultant who actually knows how to create lists, workflows, etc. according to client specifications. Any suggestions as to where we could look for such a person? Thanks. Understand. SharePoint (and technology in general) for business benefit is something that is completely different than the the systems, IT, etc. : develop this skill-in house : discuss with peers in other com...

Look for or Find
The Look For tool does not work comes back blank and the find tool does the same thing this is Outlook 2003 on an exchange server. However on Outlook 2007 works with no issues on the same server. Help ...

Look For Should Use the Current View
There are many times that the users are trying to use the Look For to search for items that are Inactive or Resolved. My biggest problem is with the Case, we get calls on Resolved Cases and the only solution is to scroll page-by-page of the Resolved Cases or to modify an Advanced Find...both are time consuming with a customer on the line. What would be ideal would be for the "Look For" to go against the current view. This would solve many problems my users are having on multiple entities. Or you could add an additional item "Filter" that performs similar to the &...

same look for all folders
Hello, I am using outlook 2003 ( mailbox on exchange server ) I' dont like the Show in groups view for my mail folders. I can change this view by => View,Arrange By,show in groups, but i have todo this for all folders. Can i set a default setting, so that all my folders ( also public folders ) are in the non-show in groups view? Thank you, ponch <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote: > Can i set a default setting, so that all my folders ( also public > folders ) are in the non-show in groups view? I don't know if it will apply to public folders, but here's something f...

where to look for mfc42ud.dll
This dll is missing from C:\WINNT\system32 on my window 2000 machine. I restalled VC++6.0 but the file is still not there. Please let me know how to get the file. jian "jianpingjimpaul" <jroth@novus-tele.net> wrote in message news:ed9147b8.0311181708.3c4ea1ac@posting.google.com... > This dll is missing from C:\WINNT\system32 on my window 2000 machine. > I restalled VC++6.0 but the file is still not there. Please let me > know how to get the file. Did you remember to specifically install the unicode libraries? They are by default not installed. Cheers Richard. ...

Look for
Dears, How can we change the default settings of my look for under: Activities->New Activity as Email -> To (lookup) when i click on lookup it pop-up a windows as Look for and the drop down list will show Account,Contact,Lead,Queueand User. here the default is Account. But i would like to change the default as Users since we are not using account module. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many thanks In advance. Syed. Syed - try this in the onload event for the email form: // script to set the 'To' field to default to the user entity if (crmForm.all.to != nul...

Where does Outlook 2007 look for script files?
I have a script (.vbs) which I wish to run upon receiving certain messages. What is the default directory path in which to place the script so that I may invoke it with a rule? Thanks! It doesn't work like that. You'll need to create the code as a macro in VBA. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "High Desert" <do_not_use@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:0c2a649eo6d...

Look For
I have a client that is running Windows XP Prof and IE 6 w/sp2. When he clicks in the look for field it freezes his CRM for 2 or 3 minutes. It eventually lets him type. I tested it from a remote connection with his login and I was able to type right away. He mentioned he has a new laptop. What settings should I be checking on the laptop? Thanks Move to IE7 i have had many issues using IE6 and CRM 3.0. Also does he have a popup blocker? Google Desktop was the problem for me in this case. If it is installed, uninstall it and try again. Tom Francisco "cohenoshri@hotmail.com...

Odd behavior of Look For feature
In Dynamics CRM 3.0, the Look For box is supposed to honor the Find Columns settings specified in the Quick Find View. This appears to work for Accounts and Contacts, but does behave the same way for Leads and Cases. For example, try searching for the numeric portion of a case number with Case Number, Case Description and Title specified as the Quick Find columns. I can't find this behavior documented anywhere and the current user experience differs from what I can find in the docs. Does anyone know what's really happening behind the scenes? -- Bob McMahon Sr. Business System...

Product ID look for
We have completed a Scribe integraton and we are working with the product section of CRM. When we do a search CRM only "looks for" the product name not the product ID. The product ID is where we keep all of the part numbers we need to find. Any suggestion of how to set the search to look in the product ID field rather than Products name? On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:23:02 -0800, Ali 123eDistribution.com <Ali123eDistributioncom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have completed a Scribe integraton and we are working with the product >section of CRM. When we do a sea...

Limit records returned in Look For search
Hi, We search by an agent's code when authenticating them when they phone our company. If, in Contacts, we want to search on code 77, we get around 100 records returned, due to the implicit wildcard that is added. Is there any syntax users can employ to only return the exact match? If not, our next step would be to write our own search. Thanks. ...