unique value

Hi, I need to add a custom field, but I need this field to be unique
(something similar to a primary key) bud I do not know how to do that.

Thanks a lot.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

An example might be a Case number. You would add the field then add code to
add one to the largest value found in the database. This will require code
to implement

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I need to add a custom field, but I need this field to be unique
> (something similar to a primary key) bud I do not know how to do that.
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
John
4/16/2007 7:18:29 PM
You can look in groups for "auto-number" functions. Many people already
needed something like this, including me.

In my case I made a Callout Component.

Regards,

Leo Lopes @ L3

Splitting Values
I have a long column with town state and zip code appearing like this Farmington, CT 06032 can a macro be made, or is there a command that will take the last five characters from each of these cells and put them somewhere else? If you have Farmington, CT 06032 in cell A1 Put this formula in B1 to get the rightmost 5 characters =RIGHT(A1,5) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Zip Codes" wrote: > I have a long column with town state and zip code appearing like this > > Farmington, CT 06032 > > can a macro be made, or is there a command that will take the last five ...

defining unique range of cells for different sheets as the same n.
I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on different sheets, how do i turn off the global define? When you define the name (Insert|name|Define), include the sheet name in the "names in workbook" box: sheet1!month9 or 'sheet 1'!month9 You can select your range and type this in the name box (to the left of the formula bar), too. KSAPP wrote: > > I want to use the same name, month9, to refer the same range of cells, but on > different sheets, how do i turn off the global define? -- Dave Peterson ...

Beginner: Is HWND unique?
Hi! When I start an application twice and ask each application for the handle of its main window (calling an inbuild COM function), are the returned dwords guaranteed to be different? Thanks a lot for your help! Volker -- For email replies, please substitute the obvious. It is not guaranteed to be the same or different. You might get the same HWND towice in a row, or might get different ones between two instances of your program. AliR. "Volker Hetzer" <firstname.lastname@ieee.org> wrote in message news:ed9gei$di9$1@nntp.fujitsu-siemens.com... > Hi! > When I start an ...

pivottable does not sort date values?
Anyone know why excel 2000 does not sort date values? it lists in the following way: 01-2001 01-2002 01-2003 02-2001.... or=20 2001-01 2001-10 2001-11 ..=B7.. Yes. Your dates have been input as text. It is simply=20 sorting them by alphabetical order. Go back to your original data and find the column with the=20 dates. Create a new column and use =3Ddatevalue(a1) where=20 a1 is the reference to the cells with the misinterpreted=20 dates. Display the cells in the new column as dates. Now recreate your pivot table including this new column=20 and you will find you will be able to sort i...

How can I define unique font per each Outlook profile?
We have several Outlook profiles on one computer and each user wants their own font. I noticed changing to one type of font in one profile affects all the other user profiles in Outlook. Is there a way to assign unique fonts to each Outlook profile? Many thanks experts... Each user would need their own Windows login.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstar...

unique record numbers
I am trying to create a unique PIN for members in a table (not the primary key) that will be 4 digits long, and would like each new entry to be incremental. I am very new, and would appreciate a detailed instruction (though I can get around access fair enough). Any help would be appreciated. On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:19:44 -0800, Rev David Bissas <Rev David Bissas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The "DMax + 1" technique should work for you. Google or Bing for it. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am trying to create a unique PIN for members in a table (not t...

CString value
I want to know how to assign the CString value into VARIANT type. How to convert? VARIANT vt; CString st; vcteam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d501c3c0cc$7e644df0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I want to know how to assign the CString value into > VARIANT type. > How to convert? > > VARIANT vt; > CString st; > CString st; .... VARIANT vt; vt.vt=VT_BSTR; vt.bstrVal=st.AllocSysString(); Thanks a lot. >-----Original Message----- >vcteam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:05d501c3c0cc$7e644df0$a001...

printing zero values
I have a number of reports within a single spread sheet. Of these reports only those relating to fields with poistive values need to be printed. How can I avoid printing those fileds relating to zero vlaues? Dave - Try - Tools, Options, View, and uncheck zero values in the Windows Options section. HTH, Carole O "dave glynn" wrote: > I have a number of reports within a single spread sheet. Of these reports > only those relating to fields with poistive values need to be printed. How > can I avoid printing those fileds relating to zero vlaues? ...

Cell Values in Headers & Footers
Is it possible to insert a cell value in a header or footer? Thanks, Micah Right_Click on a Tab, choose View Code, then double-click ThisWorkbook of your project.. Click on the Left-Box down-arrow select Workbook in the right_box down-arrow select Before Print Type in line 2 below: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = Range("A1").Value 'LeftFooter for example with Cell A1 Value End Sub HTH "Micah J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821ADBF8-B2CA-4115-8164-EF1460FFB1BC@microsoft...

how to lookup a value within a range and return a label
Wrecking my head this one: For example if the Label A is from 1 to 200 B from 201 to 1000 C from 1001 and above How can I lookup and return the correct label for a value. Is there a function for this, or does it require programming Put these values in cells A1:B3 1 A 201 B 1001 C put the value to look up in C1, and use this formula =VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B3,2) "jocmccoy" wrote: > Wrecking my head this one: > > For example if the Label > A is from 1 to 200 > B from 201 to 1000 > C from 1001 and above > > How can I lookup and return the correct label for a...

Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList?
Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList? I know there is an algorithm function "unique" performing on containers in Standard C++ library. Is there a similar function in MFC? What am I doing now to avoid adding same strings to container is: CStringList strList; ..... if (strList.Find("somestring") == NULL) strList.AddTail("somestring"); But I realized it may be an inefficient way. Any good sugestion? I would have used a CMap for this. Then, when all insertions were done, I might consider converting it to a CArray...

how do i list values within a given range?
i am trying to list the values that my original data does not provide. E.g I have a range beginning with "ABC0001" and ends at "ABC0043". How do I write a query or to list the values not shown i.e "ABC0002" all the way to "ABC0042" as individual values in a seperate table? I would use VBA to loop through a recordset, and record the 'missing' values. Use Left$(), Mid$(), Right$() and/or InStr() functions to help seperate the numbers from the text. -- Steve Clark, Former Access MVP FMS, Inc http://www.fmsinc.com/consulting "Ify O.&...

Help with SUMPRODUCT & converting date to value
I have the following Excel calculation, shown below. It is searching cells A6:A1000 on various sheets for data which fall between a certain date/period range, and is then adding the values in cells L6:L1000 together to display on the summary. The problem I have is that the data in ranges L6:L1000 are supposed to be Dates, but the only way i can return a value without an error is to use a number (e.g. of 1) instead. How can I use Dates within cells L6:L1000, and still return the same totals? Many thanks in advance for any tips you can offer! =SUMPRODUCT((Office!L6:L1000)*(O...

How do I format a row depending on the value of a cell in the row
I have a table set up and would like any row of the table where a particular cell in the same row is blank to be highlighted. In other words, for any cell in column J that is blank, I want the corresponding row to be highlighted. I'm trying the conditional formating 'Formula Is' but so far it's not working for me. Any ideas? Select the whole table, assume the table is A1:D10, so formula is should be =COUNTBLANK($A1:$D1)>0 replace A1 with the left uppermost cell in your table that you want to test for and D1 with the right uppermost cell, notice the mixed relative a...

Investment re-valuing
My 401(k) company uses fractional shares and fractional values. The accounts they use are not directly referenced on any particular exchange. I had to manually create the accounts, and I have to manually update the prices. recently, two of the investments were "re-valued". They reference it as a "Transfer" but all that really happens is all my shares for a given investment were listed as negative transactions with the current unit value (so that the dollar value of the transaction was negative). Then they immediately followed that with a positive transaction for the ...

Pull Unique Values From a List/Table
How can I pull unique values from a table? I track vendors who might sell multiple items, but I only need to show the vendor once so I can pull other information. There are also may be blanks in the rows if the vendor is inactive. Thanks! Let me add one more twist to this problem: The unique values also need to filter out where it may be 'VendorA - West' and 'VendorA - East' and combine them into one record. I only need it to show VendorA and not both records East and West (same company, just different drop ship location). Thanks! "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spa...

How to search and add a value from sheet1 to sheet2
Hi, Let's say you have one sheet with a list of products. Column1 = product name Column2 = product number I would like to have a cell on Sheet2, where I can start typing something, and it would let me see a list based on what I typed so far. E.g when I type "Volks" it should show a list of all Volkswagen Cars. If I then choose the value, it should use this value and add the product number in the cell next to it. What function should I use, or how can I do this? Thanks, Roel Roel You could use Data Validation drop-down list for the selecting the product name and VLOOKUP ...

Copy Cell.Value
Hi, I have 2 workbooks: # 1 Workbook.("TBD.xls").worksheet("Sheet1") #2 is a workbook that I open with this VBA macro: fName = Application.GetOpenFilename Workbooks.Open filename:=fName I also have this VBA Macro blastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row isum = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range("b1:b10000")) Cells(blastrow + 2, "B").Value = isum My Question is: How do I Copy the value of "Isum" in the Workbook.("TBD.xls").worksheet("Sheet1") in cell "F34" Thanks, I'm kind of confuse...

Unique Values, not Unique Records
My data looks like the following: ID Type Amt 1234 A $10.00 1234 B $10.00 1234 C $10.00 I would like to find a way to get only one of the items on to a new spreadsheet, because they are duplicate records in my eyes. The Advanced filter does not work because each record is unique. Can anyone help? in the dialog for the advanced filter, make sure only the ID column is referenced "steph44haf" wrote: > My data looks like the following: > > ID Type Amt > 1234 ...

How can SUM a column based on values of other columns?
I need help Suming up Amount column based on values of three different columns. Let's say I have the following Detail Data: Month Institute Account Type Amount Memo 1/1/2008 Bank of America Checking 500 Deposit 1/1/2008 Bank of America Checking -200 Check #111 1/1/2008 Bank of America Saving 400 Deposit 1/1/2008 Bank of America Saving 150 Deposit 1/1/2008 CitiBank Checking 50 Deposit 1/1/2008 CitiBank Saving 100 Deposit How can I SUM t...

Auto-delete cells to avoid duplication of values
I enter names in a row of cells (eg: A5:A7...Tom, Dick, Harry) I then want to later enter Tom in A2 or A3...and enter Dick in A4.....if I do this, I have to manually go thru A5 to A7 to erase Tom & Dick (to avoid a double entry)............is there a non-VBA formula (usable, perhaps, in Data Validation) that, as I go along entering the names in cells A2 or A3, that will will look at he other cells (A5 through A7) and erase Tom from A5 or A7, and erase Dick from A4 .....so that I don't have to do it manually? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try MVP Debra D's ...

Unique Constraints
Hello, I have a Users table with 2 fields, UserName and Visible. The same UserName can exist many times with Visible = 0 but just one record can exist for the same UserName with visible = 1. In my Stored Procedure before inserting a new visible user I check the user doesn't exist in the table with visible = 1, but that is not enough, there are cases when the Stored Procedure is called in the same moment with the same parameters and there is duplicated data. I can't define a Unique constraint because UserName with visible = 0 is not unique, what would be the best way...

how can I check the value 1 cell against the values of entire row
I would like to see if one cell is equal to any other cell in an entire row. The row contains over 10,000 cells of data how can I insert a formula to do this? Use the MATCH() function. It will tell you both if its there and where it is. -- Gary's Student "Danbmarine" wrote: > I would like to see if one cell is equal to any other cell in an entire row. > The row contains over 10,000 cells of data how can I insert a formula to do > this? thanks, will this also work if the target cell is not in the same row as the list that I am comparing it to? "Gary'...

testing a cell for a date value
Hi, Is there a way I can test the contents of a cell to see if it is a date? Thanks. Hi! You can use this: =ISNUMBER(A1) Dates are really just formatted numbers. So, a cell that contains a number will also evaluate the same as a date entry: 7/15/2006 10 Using ISNUMBER, both will evaluate to TRUE. (provided that the DATE entry is a real Excal date and not TEXT) Biff "Karen53" <Karen53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6AE4B78-1EE4-4A6D-A16B-3BA9CE42C5C2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way I can test the contents of a cell to see if it ...