Uninstall Outlook

I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on out network everythign appears ok.
I have a new machine for our telesales person who was starting. Before I
knew his name I thought that I would get his PC ready for him.

I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain
Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to
the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I
can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should
unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as
the administrator again I get a 'Windows installer window' error from
add/remove programs saying:

This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

?? I am stuck now, I can not remove and I can not install...

Any ideas on how to manually remove the client from the system? or clear the
flag that tells the install that the client is on the system..
I tried to delete folder on the C drive but i get this error message:
Cannot delete  00000002.ps1: it is being used by other another person or
program. Close any program that might be using the file nad try again.
This file and many other files in the folder
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\Web\Help\catalog.wci

Can two or more user use CRM client on one PC with one installation?

HELP

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

Outlook is duplicating my emails?
Hi, I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the emails that go to my Inbox. It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 server. Please advise Akhil Do you have any rules that don't end in "Stop Processing" actions? "Akhil Gupta" <akhilstyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:076401c39fd6$af1c48b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the > emails that go to my Inbox. > > It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 > server. ...

OUtlook 2000 Refuses to Launch
Hi I'm having this problem quite a lot lately. I click on the Outlook icon and the programme doesn't launch. Then it prevents me from logging out and I get the error message: 'Outlook.Exe is not responding'. I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 installed. Thanks -- Many thanks JD ...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook 2003
Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook 2003 In news:1170922265.333065.77950@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, snakesboy <snakesboys@gmail.com> typed: > Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook > 2003 Hi - I'd try posting this in microsoft.public.outlook, as it isn't an Exchange server issue. ...

Outlook 2003 Error #8
Having just bought a new laptop I decided to try out Office 2003 Pro on it. My problem is that when I try to access a mailbox on an Exchange server ver 4 using the Outlook 2003 client I get the following error:- "The action could not be completed. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restrictions." If I try to connect to an alternative mailbox on an Exchange server ver 5.5 it works fine!!! Where I am I going wrong? Any help much appreciated. Simon ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ...

Adding Menu Options on Right Mouse Button in Outlook 2003?
I am using outlook 2003 and I want to put some additional menus on right mouse context menu of Unread Mail Folder, is it possible ? Best Regards, Luqman Outlook does not directly expose the right-click context menu in its CommandBars collection. You will, however, see a new right-click command is when the item selected is using a custom form that includes one or more custom actions. You can also add a custom action without using a custom form, as demonstrated at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=526 Richard Kagerer has posted a code sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/...

Problems moving outlook.pst from one computer to another
Folks, [Please include victor@whyaduck.org in your reply, as my direct access to these newsgroups is limited.] In an attempt to transfer all of my Outlook content from one computer to another, I moved the entire outlook.pst file from one computer to the other, renaming the old outlook.pst on the receiving computer to old-outlook.pst, and storing the new outlook.pst in the same place. Both computers are running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. For the most part this process worked! I have all of my mail folders, settings, etc. on the receiving computer, and I have been able to send and receive...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Cannot open attachments in outlook
One of our customers has a problem where they try to open an attachment in outlook, but are returned with an error which just says "cannot open this file". This happens with ANY attachment. However, if you save the attachment, you can then open it. The day before, this was not happening. Any ideas on why they cannot open attachments now, when they could yesterday? ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

how do I exit working offline I use outlook
mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask in the body of the message, not the subject. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook CRM desktop client can't create personal stores
Hi, I'm trying to install the Outlook CRM desktop client on Outlook 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Terminal server , which is also hosting an Exchange Server 2003 installation and is a domain controller. I know, bad practice, not supported, but the machine is just serving for about 8 users. The CRM server is on an other server. I installed the client succesfull on some other machines, including terminal servers, using the same user account. The user is domain admin. I'm getting this error: in the crm30clientsetup.log 23:06:09| Info| MAPISVC.INF: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mapisv...

Outlook Functionality
I have lost a couple of things in outlook. I tried to put the News command onto the View menu. My finger slipped off the mouse button while dragging and I lost the command altogether. It disappeared from the organise dialog box and never appeared on the view menu. It seems to be lost in cyberspace as no amount of repairing or reinstalling Outlook from the Office disk Setup files will bring it back. I know I can go to newsgroups from Outlook Express but each time I open OE, it downloads my mail which I do not want to do. I prefer the elegance of news in Outlook. Can I repair this damage caused...

Customize Outlook Today #40
When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button nothing happens.. Any suggestions? KG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button > nothing happens.. Any suggestions? Yes, Google for one of the 100,000 prior answers to this question that have already been posted. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2000 error upon Exit
HI I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. Anyone ever seen this error before ? (See attachment) "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message news:u6j1o1diaaq45r8m0f2j512ssnbf7oiuvg@4ax.com... > HI > > I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I > tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. > > Anyone ever seen this error before ? > > (See attachment) Try a detect and repair (from the help me...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Outlook can't connect to outgoing mail sevrer
Hello all, For some reason Outlook 2002 on my PC running XP Home (no Exchange server) can't connect anymore to the outgoing mail server that I've been using for years. All of a sudden last week I was not able to send email from any accounts using this outgoing mail server (SMTP). I can still receive all mail sent to those accounts, but Outlook can't connect to the outgoing mail server in order to send mail. If I try to send mail form these accounts, the message just sits in my Outbox and NEVER actually sends. This is what I've tried/tested so far: 1.) I've tried to delete...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP
When I was home sending email with a macro, everything went fine. When back to Office, MAPI_Resolvename reported (Outlook not set as default (different language)). Home = Outlook XP Office = Outlook 2000. Attachments in place properly, Accounts setup correctly. I copied the Excel XP spreadsheet from home, which was copied for home trial last saturday (it was excel 2000 from the Office again) Tested with breakpoints, home version went fine, when back to Office, MAPIfile object not set reported in the debug session. And also, with the home version, the popup screen from outlook has come up fin...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

Outlook vs Windows Explorer Folders
Hello. When will users be able to view messages & documents of a related subject in a single folder view? I currently maintain duplicate folder structures: 1) Outlook messages in one set of folders, and; 2) Office documents (.dos, .xls, .ppt) in an exact duplicate set of folders in Windows Explorer. With all the advances and product integration its hard to reason why messages and other documents can't be stored under a single folder structure. Did I miss something along the way? Thanks in advance -- Dave Microsoft is tackling this with search tools -- Lookout and the MSN...

Outlook 2007 unresponsive when Calendar tab clicked
Outlook 2007 (Vista) becomes unresponsive when I click the "Calendar" tab (message: Microsoft Outlook Not Responding). I have cleared the form data & run the /cleanviews switch; neither fixed the problem. I have a PST as I am not on Exchange Server. I am able to open a reminder and click the calendar to view the calendar but when I try to click the "Calendar" tab Outlook becomes non-responsive. Any idea why this is happening? I fear I won't have access to view my calendar unless I have a reminder to click. These are the details: Descripti...

Outlook #309
I need to configure some Outlook clients so they could work with two types of accounts: 1. SMTP/POP. 2. Exchange. The Exchange account would be only used for Calendars, Todos and Contact list. SMTP account was set as default, but each time I do a test sending emails from one internal user to other, the emails is delivered always by Exchange and not for the SMTP account. Is it possible to force the sending only by SMTP using both kind of accounts? Do I need to change something in the Exchange server or in Outlook? Bkiddo <beatriz.duran@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to configure some O...

Outlook 2003 passwords on offline folders
I've been hunting for hours now and can't find a solution to this. I have some laptops which have multiple outlook profiles using cached exhange mode. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to find out how to set a password on Outlook so that the users won't be able to read everyone elses cached email. I can get it to ask for a password to connect to the Exchange server, but if someone just clicks cancel, Outlook still opens in their profile, offline with all cached email accessible. It seems silly to me that Microsoft would overlook a security issue like tha...