Uninstall CRM, but retain data?

I'm having so many problems with CRM (too many crazy asp.net errors) that
instead of spending all my time troubleshooting, I'd like to uninstall and
reinstall.  However, I have data in my CRM.  Not a huge amount of data, but I
have 4 userss in there with say, 100 contacts and other information in there
each.  I know all that info resides in the SQL DB too.

Is there a way, that if I uninstall CRM, can I preserve that data and
possibly import it back in once I get a new CRM running?  Never created any
custom anything.  Our CRM was pretty much default all the way.  I'd hate to
loose all their information, but right now, I just can't continue to spend
hours troubleshooting and want to uninstall and rebuild.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.
0
SteveS (13)
10/10/2008 2:49:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

uninstall and then re-install while pointing to the existing database.
Dont delete the Both CRM databases,
------

Aamir

Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/
0
whatelseto (435)
10/10/2008 6:57:38 AM
I ran into a bump during the reinstall.

During the system requirements check, I get the following error/warning that
will not let me continue w/the install:

The following keys already exist in the database and will be ignored <my key
is displayed>.

Using the same key I used when I originally installed CRM a while back ago.
Is the key hiding in the database somewhere or the registry?  If I remove the
key (somehow??), I'm guessing the install will allow me to proceed (since it
won't find any existing key).  Any ideas?

Thanks

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> uninstall and then re-install while pointing to the existing database.
> Dont delete the Both CRM databases,
> ------
>

> Aamir
>

> Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
SteveS (13)
10/10/2008 5:59:00 PM
I found the key in the database.  Removed that entry from the table - did the
install, worked great.  Now my users are back up and running - with their
data still intacts too.  Thanks for the info.

Steve

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> uninstall and then re-install while pointing to the existing database.
> Dont delete the Both CRM databases,
> ------
>

> Aamir
>

> Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/

0
SteveS (13)
10/10/2008 8:01:01 PM
thats nice (and you didnt even need to remove the key).

------

Aamir

Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/
0
whatelseto (435)

Phone, Fax, & other Numbers in CRM AND Change Management
Does anyone know of a way to force the format of phone number fields to be in a format like (123) 456-7890? Anyone aware of an automated means to track change management with CRM? For instance, can some logging be performed on CRM admins that document changes to fields or forms? Thanks, Nick You could validate the format of the phone number field using a regular expression in the onchange event (and perhaps the onsave event). About the change management, do you mean tracking data changes (logging/auditing) or customization changes? I remember there's a third party tool to do...

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

CRM Installation and Goldmine Conversion
Hi, I am just putting together a team at my office to install CRM and then convert our existing Goldmine. If anyone has done this before, is there anything I need to know about during either the installation (to plan for the conversion) or during the conversion itself? Does anyonwe know if Microsoft has a MS Project plan (couldn't find in templates download site) or Tech Net for a CRM installation and or a CRM Conversion? This is the first time my team has done this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Shauna Shauna I converted my company from goldmine to CRM by writing...

CRM DATE TIME NOOB QUESTION
Hello guys...my first post....so heres the problem i hve this field of type CrmDateTime and i want to set the current system date onto that field..i need to do this is VB.... now i knw that in VB the Date function gives a diff format than CrmDateTime,, Dim mydate As CrmDateTime mydate.Value = Date.Now recordchange.pm_lastleadgenerated = mydate I have tried this but it doesnt work: i get the error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. THANKS A LOT FOR THE HELP cheers Vishal Answered in the developer newsgroup. Please do not cross-post. -- Michael H�hn...

null byte in data
what does this error message indicate? "556 null byte in data". It seems messages sent to all my comcast.net email addresses get bounced back. tia, dave ...

Outlook CRM desktop client can't create personal stores
Hi, I'm trying to install the Outlook CRM desktop client on Outlook 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Terminal server , which is also hosting an Exchange Server 2003 installation and is a domain controller. I know, bad practice, not supported, but the machine is just serving for about 8 users. The CRM server is on an other server. I installed the client succesfull on some other machines, including terminal servers, using the same user account. The user is domain admin. I'm getting this error: in the crm30clientsetup.log 23:06:09| Info| MAPISVC.INF: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mapisv...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Formatting cells based on the data they contain.
Hi, I would like to shade rows of my data based on whether the next cell in a particular column has a different value from the last. I have a list of data where one column has some duplicate values, and to make it more readable i would like to alternately shade the groups of identical values. Is it possible to automate something like this or do would i have to do it "by hand"? Thanks Its conditional formatting - use the formula option (the conditional format is on the format menu, then conditional formatting) Ah yes i see it now, that was rather obvious. Thanks for replying. ...

Data Base Size
I have a question on database size. What constitutes the database size in exchange 2003. Is it the priv1.edb + pub1.edb or is it all of the edb files and all of the stm files? On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 05:08:03 -0700, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a question on database size. What constitutes the database size in >exchange 2003. Is it the priv1.edb + pub1.edb or is it all of the edb files >and all of the stm files? priv1.edb + priv1.stm= one mailbox store pub1.edb + pub1.stm = one public store. How can I reduce the size of my priv1.stm database I am c...

CRM Outlook Sales Client question
My users have this kind of problem on sending CRM e-mail with Sales on Outlook. (We are using Outlook 2002 and 2003, Exchange 2000, CRM v1.2) When they send CRM e-mail by pressing CRM E-mail button, the sent messages go to either draft or delete items folder instead of Sent Items folder. Is it normal? Because I believe as long as that e-mail activity is linked to the contact, account, or opportunity, then "Mission Accomplished"; right (If we use CRM Web Client to send e-mail, it will be the same situation and we won't find any "Sent Message" at all)? And I saw those se...

Lost all my Outlook data after a certain date....HELP!
Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time! I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months - email, contacts, calendar, etc. All the data prior to 6 mos. ago has been retained. Right before this data loss, I was having strange PC behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were slowing down performance. I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it was before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in there somewhere? I have tried to export the PST file to different formats, such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail. I thi...

View-access to MS-CRM
Is it possible to give some employees just a “View”-access to MS-CRM – without having to create them as users? -- Charlotte No. In order to give them access to the CRM UI, they need to be a licensed CRM user. You could write a read-only portal that pulls data from the CRM views/tables, but you would need to build this yourself. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49ED24E0-9872-4890-829F-94E8D9E3D736@microsoft.com... Is it possible to give some employees just a "View"-access to MS-CRM -...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Data Analysis Plus
Hi, I came accross the Data Analysis Plus Add in, and more specifically the feature of generating box plots with the add-in. Would someone be able to confirm with me if the add in allows the box plots to be generated automatically when the range of cells is entered? If that is not possible, then would one be able to briefly explain to me how you would write a macro to automate creating a box plot. Regards Niyanta: Here's a link to a workbook I use that has two types of box plots: data by groups and data by dates. You can replace the demo data with your own data and the box plots...

Please help install SQL SRS CRM 4.0 on SBS 2003R2
Please help, how do I install and configure SQL 2005 WGE especially SRS on SBS 2003R2 for CRM 4.0 WGE? I'm just not finding any detailed information on SQL install/configuration. Please point me to any resources. thanks! On May 9, 3:56=A0am, Scroch <Scr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help, how do I install and configure SQL 2005 WGE especially SRS on= > SBS 2003R2 for CRM 4.0 WGE? =A0I'm just not finding any detailed informati= on on > SQL install/configuration. =A0Please point me to any resources. > > thanks! It should be a case of putting t...

CRM-License Problem
Dear all, I have 11 users in Microsoft CRM and I have tried to create more users. After I create a user, this user become disabled. So, I select on that user - More Actions - Enable, then I have got the error message as below: There are not enough licenses available for the number of users being enabled. The number of licenses available for users must be increased, or the number of users being enabled must be reduced. Anyone, could you please help me with this problem? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance. Yours sincerely, Susan Looks like you hit the limit on the li...

Automatically add fill colour when data is entered
How do I set it up so that if I enter text into a cell a colour then fills the cell to highlight it? I would also like the colour to go back to white after a set period, say 48hrs, can this be done? Hi see your other post "suzi" wrote: > How do I set it up so that if I enter text into a cell a colour then fills > the cell to highlight it? I would also like the colour to go back to white > after a set period, say 48hrs, can this be done? ...

CRM 3.0 Licence
Hi, I have a potential new customer for crm 3.0. I asked for commercial information about licence, and i received info about two type of licences: "CRM Professional cal 3.0 PUP MLP User cal" and "CRM Professional cal 3.0 MLP User cal". Their prices are very different but i don't know why!! can somebody help me please? Thanks Ale "ALESSANDRA" <ALESSANDRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68C4ED3-A7ED-40EE-A699-7BC1EE732195@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a potential new customer for crm 3.0. I asked for commercial > inform...

Internally Sending Email to Queue from CRM
I have several queues set up to receive emails from CRM. There is one queue that everytime you send an email to it from CRM, it sends an "Undeliverable" message to the users Outlook. The others do not do this and we've looked everywhere to see what the descrepency is. Is is dissabled in AD and the messages do reach the queue. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance! Kristina can you send an email to the queue from outside your company is from a hotmail account for example? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kristina Ledford"...

Sorting Grouped Data?
Hi, I have a sales spreadsheet that is grouped by vendor with customer sales info under each vendor. Is there a way to sort the vendor groups keeping the customer data in each groups as is? TIA, Dan This may work Dan. To sort in Excel all the lines need to have same columns to sort on. So a heading line and a space between Vendor Groups would be be a problem You could add 2 columns (In the Example below columns A and B) with sort data criteria so that the Heading and Space positions could be preserved. Column A defines the Vendor Group Column B defines the sort priority Then Sort b...

Redeploy CRM
Hi, i have a plan to redeploy CRM. I have a CRM in company A, and then i will deploy CRM in it's brother company (company B). I want to migrate all data of CRM (company A) which owner is Anie into CRM's company B. Can i do it with Data Migration Framework, or there is others choice ? Thx The better choice is to use the Redeployment Tool, which is on the server CD, under \Redeployment. "KA 04-1" <KA041@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162F0219-A08C-4489-8204-5970916E8D31@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a plan to redeploy CRM. I have a CRM in co...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

Resize CRM
I'm trying to resize CRM, however the ISV.config file does not reflect the same data that is in the white sheets. Can someone help? Thanks ...

cannot access reports on crm web
hei, i am running crm 3.0 system. i am able to see and run reports on outlook client of crm but not on web. is there anybody else who has encountered same problem or can anybody please recommed a solution to my problem. thanks RG in the web client can you go to crmwebserver/reports and see a list of reports? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CBA4F80-2806-45B1-B995-54325EE7816E@microsoft.com... > hei, > i am running crm 3.0 sys...