Uninstall client for outlook

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0.
When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version
is not compatible or the client already exists.
When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client
folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE
database for CRM on the machine.

I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the
entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs.

Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the
MSDE database?

You help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vikram

0
vikramp
10/16/2006 3:05:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook is duplicating my emails?
Hi, I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the emails that go to my Inbox. It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 server. Please advise Akhil Do you have any rules that don't end in "Stop Processing" actions? "Akhil Gupta" <akhilstyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:076401c39fd6$af1c48b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the > emails that go to my Inbox. > > It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 > server. ...

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

OUtlook 2000 Refuses to Launch
Hi I'm having this problem quite a lot lately. I click on the Outlook icon and the programme doesn't launch. Then it prevents me from logging out and I get the error message: 'Outlook.Exe is not responding'. I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 installed. Thanks -- Many thanks JD ...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook 2003
Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook 2003 In news:1170922265.333065.77950@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, snakesboy <snakesboys@gmail.com> typed: > Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook > 2003 Hi - I'd try posting this in microsoft.public.outlook, as it isn't an Exchange server issue. ...

Outlook as defalut mail client
How do I set Microsoft Outlook as my default mail client? Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:050501c3de0a$12d3b750$a001280a@phx.gbl, Larry wrote: > How do I set Microsoft Outlook as my default mail client? ...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

Outlook 2002 Read/Unread Icon Display Anomaly
In Outlook 2002 installed as part of an Office XP Standard installation on a Win98 SE machine, the Inbox display of the Read/Unread Icons is acting "squirrely" and when one arbitrarily selected Unread Item (can be the one at the top or elsewhere in the display) is double-clicked to open and read, other "Unread" Icons change from unread indication (Gold Envelope) to "Read" Icons (White Envelope) even though they have not "opened". Have repaired the installation and re-installed over the installation twice, once after moving a large number of Inbo...

Client dex.ini file install
What is the best "clear-cut" directions for installing the dex.ini file into each user's profile in a terminal server? We are using GP version 8 and are having nightmares with security rights and printer defaults changing on thier own. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The GP consultants can't help us either. You can pass the path for the Dex.ini to be used to the Dexterity Runtime when you launch Great Plains. If you look at the shortcut for Great Plains you will see that it has the path for the Dynamics.set launch file passed the to Dynamics.exe runtime. You can also add the pat...

Cannot open attachments in outlook
One of our customers has a problem where they try to open an attachment in outlook, but are returned with an error which just says "cannot open this file". This happens with ANY attachment. However, if you save the attachment, you can then open it. The day before, this was not happening. Any ideas on why they cannot open attachments now, when they could yesterday? ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

how do I exit working offline I use outlook
mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask in the body of the message, not the subject. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook CRM desktop client can't create personal stores
Hi, I'm trying to install the Outlook CRM desktop client on Outlook 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Terminal server , which is also hosting an Exchange Server 2003 installation and is a domain controller. I know, bad practice, not supported, but the machine is just serving for about 8 users. The CRM server is on an other server. I installed the client succesfull on some other machines, including terminal servers, using the same user account. The user is domain admin. I'm getting this error: in the crm30clientsetup.log 23:06:09| Info| MAPISVC.INF: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mapisv...

Outlook Functionality
I have lost a couple of things in outlook. I tried to put the News command onto the View menu. My finger slipped off the mouse button while dragging and I lost the command altogether. It disappeared from the organise dialog box and never appeared on the view menu. It seems to be lost in cyberspace as no amount of repairing or reinstalling Outlook from the Office disk Setup files will bring it back. I know I can go to newsgroups from Outlook Express but each time I open OE, it downloads my mail which I do not want to do. I prefer the elegance of news in Outlook. Can I repair this damage caused...

Adding Menu Options on Right Mouse Button in Outlook 2003?
I am using outlook 2003 and I want to put some additional menus on right mouse context menu of Unread Mail Folder, is it possible ? Best Regards, Luqman Outlook does not directly expose the right-click context menu in its CommandBars collection. You will, however, see a new right-click command is when the item selected is using a custom form that includes one or more custom actions. You can also add a custom action without using a custom form, as demonstrated at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=526 Richard Kagerer has posted a code sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/...

Problems moving outlook.pst from one computer to another
Folks, [Please include victor@whyaduck.org in your reply, as my direct access to these newsgroups is limited.] In an attempt to transfer all of my Outlook content from one computer to another, I moved the entire outlook.pst file from one computer to the other, renaming the old outlook.pst on the receiving computer to old-outlook.pst, and storing the new outlook.pst in the same place. Both computers are running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. For the most part this process worked! I have all of my mail folders, settings, etc. on the receiving computer, and I have been able to send and receive...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Outlook can't connect to outgoing mail sevrer
Hello all, For some reason Outlook 2002 on my PC running XP Home (no Exchange server) can't connect anymore to the outgoing mail server that I've been using for years. All of a sudden last week I was not able to send email from any accounts using this outgoing mail server (SMTP). I can still receive all mail sent to those accounts, but Outlook can't connect to the outgoing mail server in order to send mail. If I try to send mail form these accounts, the message just sits in my Outbox and NEVER actually sends. This is what I've tried/tested so far: 1.) I've tried to delete...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Mail encoding in Entourage and Outlook for Mac (Beta-2)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>We have a problem with writing non English text in emails. If I write email which have Lithuanian letters in it, like( &amp;#260;&amp;#269;&amp;#281;&amp;#279;&amp;#303;�&amp;#371;&amp;#363;� ) recipient (Outlook 2007 or Apple Mail) receives this as ( &amp;#260;&amp;#269;&amp;#281;??�??� ). This can be solved with inclusion of any spacial symbol like Euro sign ( � ). If this sign is anywhere in the email text, Entourage or O...

Change outlook Identitty for meeting requests
I have 4 different email accounts set up with outlook. One of them is an Exchange account. One of my POP accounts is already setup as my default and all regular email works good. The problem is, whenever I send a meeting request, Outlook sends the email using the identity of my Exchange account, regardless of which "Account" is specified in the Accounts pulldown. If I specify one of my pop accounts in the meeting request, it only uses that smtp server as the sender, then the recipient gets an email from exchange identity, and the reply is also as such. How can I set the identity of...

CRM Outlook Sales Client question
My users have this kind of problem on sending CRM e-mail with Sales on Outlook. (We are using Outlook 2002 and 2003, Exchange 2000, CRM v1.2) When they send CRM e-mail by pressing CRM E-mail button, the sent messages go to either draft or delete items folder instead of Sent Items folder. Is it normal? Because I believe as long as that e-mail activity is linked to the contact, account, or opportunity, then "Mission Accomplished"; right (If we use CRM Web Client to send e-mail, it will be the same situation and we won't find any "Sent Message" at all)? And I saw those se...

Outlook 2007 unresponsive when Calendar tab clicked
Outlook 2007 (Vista) becomes unresponsive when I click the "Calendar" tab (message: Microsoft Outlook Not Responding). I have cleared the form data & run the /cleanviews switch; neither fixed the problem. I have a PST as I am not on Exchange Server. I am able to open a reminder and click the calendar to view the calendar but when I try to click the "Calendar" tab Outlook becomes non-responsive. Any idea why this is happening? I fear I won't have access to view my calendar unless I have a reminder to click. These are the details: Descripti...

Outlook #309
I need to configure some Outlook clients so they could work with two types of accounts: 1. SMTP/POP. 2. Exchange. The Exchange account would be only used for Calendars, Todos and Contact list. SMTP account was set as default, but each time I do a test sending emails from one internal user to other, the emails is delivered always by Exchange and not for the SMTP account. Is it possible to force the sending only by SMTP using both kind of accounts? Do I need to change something in the Exchange server or in Outlook? Bkiddo <beatriz.duran@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to configure some O...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP
When I was home sending email with a macro, everything went fine. When back to Office, MAPI_Resolvename reported (Outlook not set as default (different language)). Home = Outlook XP Office = Outlook 2000. Attachments in place properly, Accounts setup correctly. I copied the Excel XP spreadsheet from home, which was copied for home trial last saturday (it was excel 2000 from the Office again) Tested with breakpoints, home version went fine, when back to Office, MAPIfile object not set reported in the debug session. And also, with the home version, the popup screen from outlook has come up fin...