Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services

Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a
Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel,
so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the
'popup') kept open.

Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
explain me how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

has IE enabled popup blocking?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
generate a
> Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
> showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
Excel,
> so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
(the
> 'popup') kept open.
>
> Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
> report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
> explain me how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
John
1/4/2005 1:23:38 AM
do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without issue?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx

"Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
generate a
> Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
> showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
Excel,
> so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
(the
> 'popup') kept open.
>
> Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
> report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
> explain me how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
John
1/4/2005 1:24:07 AM
Hi John,

First, thanks for your response. I haven't enabled the pop-up blocked and
yes, I can connect to crm through the web interface without issue. In fact,
there was no problem when using the prior IE release... I've try combining
options in the Tools->Options menu, but it seems to work in this manner,
closing the window.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without issue?
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
> generate a
> > Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was
> > showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
> Excel,
> > so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
> (the
> > 'popup') kept open.
> >
> > Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> > 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the
> > report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody
> > explain me how to resolve this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

it may be worth investigating this from a sql reporting services standpoint
rather than crm. post an email asking about that in the srs newsgroups and
see if any one knoes about it

--

> Hi John,
>
> First, thanks for your response. I haven't enabled the pop-up blocked and
> yes, I can connect to crm through the web interface without issue. In
fact,
> there was no problem when using the prior IE release... I've try combining
> options in the Tools->Options menu, but it seems to work in this manner,
> closing the window.
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
> > do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without
issue?

> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we
> > generate a
> > > Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report
was
> > > showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to
> > Excel,
> > > so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page
> > (the
> > > 'popup') kept open.
> > >
> > > Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the
> > > 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting
the
> > > report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can
anybody
> > > explain me how to resolve this?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

0
John
1/5/2005 1:30:23 AM
Thanks John, I'll do it. Thanks for your interest! :)

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> it may be worth investigating this from a sql reporting services standpoint
> rather than crm. post an email asking about that in the srs newsgroups and
> see if any one knoes about it
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi John,
> >
> > First, thanks for your response. I haven't enabled the pop-up blocked and
> > yes, I can connect to crm through the web interface without issue. In
> fact,
> > there was no problem when using the prior IE release... I've try combining
> > options in the Tools->Options menu, but it seems to work in this manner,
> > closing the window.
> >
> > "John O'Donnell" wrote:
> >
> > > do verify can you connect to crm through the web interface without
> issue?
> > >
> > > --
> > > John O'Donnell
> > > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> > >

> > > "Tomas Martinez" <TomasMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > > generate a
> was
> > > Excel,
> > > (the

> the
> anybody

Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack��bug???
I create a new project which is multi-doc/view architecture .i create it with the Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack release edition. My problem is that i insert a dialog which is derived from CDialog ,and declare it like "CDerivedDlg dlg", then i set a break point after the "dlg" declaration ,at last i debug the project ,when the application stop at the break point ,i watch the "dlg" variable,it suprise me that the hWnd of "dlg" is NULL. I want to know why hWnd is NULL. is it a bug of new MFC edition? thanks very much for all your attention or help. ...

A/R report with customer name and address.
Hi, I would like to create an accounts receivable detailed report that displays the customers name and address but I need the name and address to be grouped together as in a mailing label rather than being individual coumns. Thanks. ...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

OWA not working any more
Hi everyone, we have an Exchange 2000 box running with OWA published over 443 with a commercial certificate. We recently changed ISPs which means that we were allocated a new range of IP addresses, one of which is pointing to the OWA (as it did before - NATting is correct). Since we moved I can not access the OWA from the outside 9/10 times that I try. As i know that the OWA is not clever enough to remember which public address it was using I am assuming that it has something to do with DNS servers not having refreshed in the ether... Is the assumption correct and if it is how can I check (...

cash flow report, how?
I have Microsoft Money 2004. On the "forecast your cash flow" page is there a way to generate a printable report that shows exactly the same information as shown in the "transactions during selected time period" portion of the page? I've never found one. Sure would be nice, though. "chessisbest" <aachess@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eb0afe36-0015-4eeb-ba49-f3ddbea83564@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... >I have Microsoft Money 2004. On the "forecast your cash flow" page is > there a way to generate a printable report that shows exac...

CRM Contact Notes And Activities Report Question.........
I need to generate a Report on Daily basis for Contacts. I want to see daily activities and notes at the end of day. i want to see it with user name. Currently Filter is applied on Contact or Activity. But If user has entered a notes whole day and he didnot enter any activity then That record will not appear. any help what i can do to get my desired report. Regards, BizWorld Hi, You should use LEFT OUTER JOIN instead of INNER JOIN to obtain your data. (Inner join restricts the data to only those in both tables, while a left join from Contact to Notes and Contact to Activity will ...

Static Pointers Do Not Work Properly in C#?
I am writing an app that uses static arrays in a base class that I only want to define once and shared amongst all instances of that class. On my laptop, that is using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and running Vista, the following code has a problem: unsafe public partial class Test1 { protected static int[] PowersOf2 = new int[12] { 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 }; protected static int* pPowersOf2; // Pointer to the PowersOf2 array. protected static GCHandle gchPowersOf2; // Handle to GCHandle object used to pin the PowersOf2 array. public Tes...

Unable to open the report list page in CRM
I am getting an error when opening the CRM reports page from: Workplace > Reports. The error is: "An error has occures. For more information contact your system administrator". I tried to open the http://crmserver/reports page and I got the following error: "Unable to connect to the remote server" I think the problem is related to Framework 1.1/2.0 because we tried to install an APS.Net application developed using Dot Net 2.0 on the CRM3.0 machine. Afterwards, the CRM application refused to work and I had to manually change the Extension executable path to point ...

M2007 Live Id no longer working
For the last 2 days I am unable to downlaod information into M2007, it claims the User/password combo is not valid or the servers are down. Anyone else seeing this? -Euan "Euan Garden" wrote: > For the last 2 days I am unable to downlaod information into M2007, it > claims the User/password combo is not valid or the servers are down. > > Anyone else seeing this? > > -Euan > > > I have had the same problem sense the Oct 12 MSN site update. I'm on M2006. In microsoft.public.money, TSquare wrote: > > >"Euan Garden" wro...

Disabling password feature on Personal Folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and set up the user's Outlook profile. I go to add his Personal Folders and browse to his saved .pst file and the system asks us for an outlook password. I enter his Outlook password and I get the message that it is incorrect. The problem is the user says he never password protected his .pst file. So how do I - or can I - remove the password protection so that I am able to add his Personal Folders? Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

saving report
I have a report with 600 pages...each page for a different client. Is there a way to have Access automatically save each page as a separate report? I would want each page saved using the client name field. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "dhoover via AccessMonster.com" <u26355@uwe> wrote > I have a report with 600 pages...each page for > a different client. Is there a way to have Access > automatically save each page as a separate > report? I would want each page saved using > the client name field. I don't understand what...

Personal Folders Info Service
I'm trying to import my .pst file after having done a full system re-install but get the following error message ; Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders Information service. I'm confused as to why it's saying not compatible, it's Outlook 2002 on XP home. Grateful for some advice. How did you create this backup and in what version? Sounds to me like you created it in Outlook 2003. If you exported from Outlook 2003, your PST would not be compatible with any other version. And no, they don't warn you about that. -- Russ Valentine [MVP...

importing rules isn't working
Hi, I am trying to import rules into a new install of Outlook 2003, and for some reason when I hit "apply," Outlook drops all of the folders associated with my rules and says that "Some of your rules do not have all their options set." The thing, when I import the rules I can see that all of their information is there in the "Rules and Alerts" window. It's only when I hit "Ok" or "Apply" in that window do all of my folder options disappear. Anyone see this before, or have an idea how to fix this? thanks, max ...

Incorrect number on 941 report
The first item on the first quarter 941 report is the number of employees who receive any compensation during the payperiod that contains March 12. Great Plains uses the total number of employees paid in the first quarter instead. Since we have a high turnover, these two numbers are very different. Why is GP not calculating this correctly? ...

New RR ISP and Business POP3 Not Working
Recently due to ISP purchase, I was switched from Comcast to Road Runner ISP. With Comcast everything was fine. Now when accessing my business email with RR I get the error: "pop3 was found but there was no response..." This is from any computer fed directly into the modem. I can take my laptop to another outside location, and it works fine. In addition, I cannot access the webmail interface from RR, though I can access any other website. I have purchased a new modem due to RR saying I had low power? New cabling, all to negative results. Has anyone had this problem? ...

Autosave feature
Apparently Microsoft has removed the autosave feature from Excel 2002. Does anyone know how to install this very important feature? Hi Jeff AutoSave was replaced in 2002 with AutoRecover. XL2002: Overview of AutoRecover Functions http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289273&Product=xl2002 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff V" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fc101c3e050$8a0429c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Apparently Microsoft has removed the autosave feature from > Excel 2002...

I am working on calendars, how do I change days of the week from .
It usually works best if you actually include a message. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Darkening negative totals on printed reports
The negative fields in the on-screen reports show up in blue. That translates to paper as a very light grey and is very difficult to read, even if I change the print settings to bold. Is there any way to change these fields to darken then or record the negative totals with an old-fashioned minus (-) symbol? Help! ...

Some pgms have quit working
I'm on XP sp3. Lately, I have had several pgm, including Word, stop working. When I try to start them, I get a msg "Program xxx has encounered a problem and needs to close" or "the operating system is not configured to run this pgm.". Any ideas what is causing this??? Frank In news:4c7c30e5$0$14854$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com, Frank typed on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:29:35 -0400: > I'm on XP sp3. Lately, I have had several pgm, including Word, stop > working. When I try to start them, I get a msg "Program xxx has > encounered a p...

Management Reporter
Hi, Need help with Management Reporting. I generated report, it goes into queued status but naver publish. Please someone tell me where should I start looking to fixed this problem. Thanks. ...

Item picture on report
Does anyone know a way to include item pictures on custom reports? Thanks in advance ...

sql query won't work
I have two tables, Districts (as in school districts) and in the district table are the names of all the school districts in the state in order. The second table is Districts With Projects (I called it DWP) and in it are the district names and the projects those districts have completed. So there is one column in the first table and two columns in the second table. The are 256 records in the first (districts) table and 183 records in the second table. All I want to do is have a query that reports all 256 district names and beside the district names either the project or a blank (if ther...

How not to display cell contents in toolbar above work area
I do not want the cell contents to be repeated in the toolbar above the work area. I have cells with long text messages and the display of box in the toolbar flows over the work area, which confuses readability. Can I switch this display off. One edits text in the cell anyway. Thanks Laurence Laurence, Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the View tab. There, uncheck the "Formula bar" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Laurence Lombard" <lombardm@mweb.co.za&g...

Counting work days
This wI want to count the number of work days between two dates. Do I have to rewrite the formula for each row or can I tell it to compare the date in column a to the date in column b and count the workdays and exclude holidays. The worksheet has over 1,000 rows. Example: 1/4/05 1/4/05 1/5/05 1/11/05 2/6/05 3/15/05 "Hausma" <Hausma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC75C101-63D0-45F5-A009-56067683EBBA@microsoft.com... > This wI want to count the number of work days between two dates. Do I have > to rewrite the formula for each ro...