Undeliverable email sent through send direct email

When an undeliverable email is sent through the Send Direct Email
function, where is the undeliverable message returned to?  We're
testing this with some bogus addresses but no undeliverable
notifications seem to be coming back.

Thanks.

0
DavidR
7/9/2007 8:14:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

see email router configuration

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"DavidR" wrote:

> When an undeliverable email is sent through the Send Direct Email
> function, where is the undeliverable message returned to?  We're
> testing this with some bogus addresses but no undeliverable
> notifications seem to be coming back.
>
> Thanks.

Finding an email message in Exchange 2000
Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who on our Echange server received it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Greg wrote: > Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange > 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email > address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who > on our Echange server received it. > > Any help is much apprecia...

Can only send from default address
I am running Outlook 2002 on XP Pro configured with 2 email address and rules applied which direct mail to the relevant folders. The problem is that only one will send email's dispite both address being configured for the same domain name and set up identically. Whichever one I set as the default address the other fails to send. Both continue to receive OK. During 'send' the progress bar shows 'sending - 100% completed' but it never leaves the outbox. If I switch and make the 'broken' address the default, it then works and the other one fails. The only time ...

Undeliverable POP3 Email
I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not correct on an incoming email using POP collection. For example: if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is downloaded in the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is not sent to the admin account. Help please. I think that you need catch all solution, try this http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catch...

How to reduce file size to email without losing transitions?
I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound, transitions or animations. Any suggestions? "PMarko" <PMarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C141EE-8ADA-42CB-A1F0-88178D52573C@microsoft.com... >I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound, > transitions or animations. Any suggestions? Transitions and animations won't contribute much to the file size. Sound, assuming it's an embedded WAV, can. (Other sound file types can't be embedded, so those don't contribute to file...

Mails not sending
I use outlook 2003 and all of a sudden it will not send messages. It tells me that it has sent them but they just sit in the outbox. I checked the sent items folder and they do not appear there so it really is not sending them. I know that the addresses are good because I have tried to reply to emails and they just sit there too. Very occasionally an email will send but mostly they just sit in the outbox and outlook tells me they have been sent??? Any ides? Cheers Daniel. On Tue, 10 May 2005 11:10:08 -1000, Daniel Howden <number5@ic24.net> wrote: > I use outlook 2003 ...

Workflow emails and tracking in CRM 4
Hi, I have some workflows setup in CRM4 which send notification emails to internal CRM users. These emails reach the users mailbox, and appear in CRM, but when viewed in outlook they are not marked as tracked in CRM. If I send an email between users using outlook and click the 'track in CRM' button, the work correctly. If I use the CRM web interface to send emails, these emails appear in CRM, and in the users inbox, but there are not marked as CRM emails in outlook. If someone could give me an idea of what is wrong, it would be very helpful. Hi Rob, It seems like the regard...

Receiving all emails and atachments as HTML files
I have a client that is receiving most emails and attachments as html files, even though they were not sent that way. I know there obviously has to be a setting to determine how Outlook is supposed to view the incoming email, but as far as I can see, everything is set up OK. Any help would be much appreciated - thanks. -Joe ...

Incoming Email Routing
We have MSCRM 3.0 set up on one server and MS Exchange 2003 and CRM Router installed on a second server. Outgoing emails from CRM work fine nbut when a client responds to an email it goes into the agents personal Outlook inbox, is forwarded to the CRMMAil mailbox but does not appear in CRM. Can you confirm that it should appear in the Contacts History or if not where it should appear? Thanks Andy Hi Andy, Recheck if you are clicking 'Track in CRM' option while sending out an email. This adds a tracking token and enables the tracking of emails. (in the personal options you s...

why would a legitimate email going in junk email folder
Hi There, A coulpe of our users have received the same email and on both computers it has gone into the outlook junk email folder. I have checked the block senders and the address isn't listed in their and i cannot see any reason to why it has been blocked. This is a tottally legitimate email and they have had no problems receiving other messages from this particular sender. Any thoughts David Could be words in the subject or body. The junk filters inner workings are quite hidden... "David" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:#XqYvSZdJHA.5540@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Notification sound when email arrives
The sound is selected to activate when new mail arrives why doesn't it? ...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

Email Accounts #13
How do I make outlook default to a particular email account (I have 2) when I reply to an email, no matter where the email came from? thanks, Freddie Freddie wrote: > How do I make outlook default to a particular email > account (I have 2) when I reply to an email, no matter > where the email came from? > > thanks, > Freddie The default setting of Outlook is to reply to an email using the account to which it was sent. You cannot change this default setting (AFAIK), but you can change the account used to reply when in the reply screen. ...

email #7
I cannot send email but I received this email message please assist Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: computer Sent: 8/20/2003 4:45 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Harold on 8/20/2003 4:45 PM 550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway ...

Undeliverable #5
I work for a non-profit. One of the agency's we deal with is not able to send us email anymore. When I send them an email & they replies, he get's a message that says something like this - -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:08 PM To: 'Brian Blake' Subject: Undeliverable: RE: please respond Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: please respond Sent: 7/19/2005 3:08 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Brian Blake' on 7...

Filtering email based on sender domain
Hi Im running Exchange 2003 SP1. This is what I need to do: I want to route emails sent to a particular address to different users based on the domain that they have come from. I.e.: I need to get emails that have the sender: custom...@domain1.com and recipient:supp...@mycompany.com to be received by exchange users A, B and C. In addition to this I need emails with sender: custom...@domain2.com and recipient:supp...@mycompany.com (same recipient) to be sent to exchange users D, E and F. I have tried searching these forums with no luck and im completely at a loss as to how to solve t...

Outlook downloads email that already existed
Hi guys, My Outlook is downloading emails that already existed. For example, i download an email message now and after 5 mins later when I start Outlook again, the same email message will be downloaded once more! How do I resolve that? Thanks in advance. (Btw, I'm using Outlook 2003.) Regards Roger On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:21:20 +0800, "Roger Lek " <rogerlek@singnet.com.sg> wrote: >Hi guys, >My Outlook is downloading emails that already existed. For example, i >download an email message now and after 5 mins later when I start Outlook >again, the same email...

stopping email for vacation
How do I generate a vacation message, letting people know not to email while I'm gone? If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an endless loop of bounces. Your ISP may offer this service whi...

Publisher/Outlook email newsletter not sending to list
I created an email newsletter from a Publisher email newsletter template. I use Outlook as my mail. I need to send it to a group, so I clicked on the "Send this page as a Message" button within Publisher, which enabiles sending as an email. From there I put myself in the "To" field, and because I wanted a blind list, I pasted a list of the recipients copied from an Outlook Contacts Category in the BCC field (there are 86 email addresses on the list) and clicked send. I received my copy, but it doesn't look like anyone else did. I seeded myself in the BCC field ...

Email Setup
This is not a complaint. I would like to know how to autoomatically receive mail in my MS Outlook 2007 (part of my Office 2007 Suite). I simply need some morsels of info. I tested my Outlook 2007 Email setup, and used my Yahoo login (username DougWanBenoit) and my password. My Outlook will not connect. 1. I do know if my Yahoo account is a pop3 account 2. for mail, Outlook automatically decided to use: mail.Yahoo.com and SMTP.Yahoo.com but I'm not sure if that is correct, now. 3. The test Email button prompted a Windows message with two textboxes already filled i...

send ing e-mai to same contact but 2 e-mail addresses
I am trying to send an e-mail to a man and his spouse. I added the spouses e-mail address in the e-mail 2 box but how can I get it to come up in the box where I choose who it is going to. EX: Paul Rough is the contact name, his wife is Rita. His e-mail is paul@it.com and hers is rita @it.com. I don't want to have an entry in the address book for both so I put hers in the e-mail 2 slot. Then I put Paul Rough2 as the contact name. when I save it it saves with her e-mail and Paul Rough2 and I no longer have a Paul Rough. when I try to address an e-mail I can't e-mail them bo...

Content of email message is missing
My email messages will disappear after I open an email, then close that email and at a later date, maybe next day, open again. The content of the email is missing with the below in the text section. An icon shapedlike a sheet of paper with upper corner turned down and the letter "i" is in the middle of this sheet. Then the words. "Message cannot be found" and "The contents of this message cannot be found. Windows Mail" (this does not happen with all emails, around 50%, plus it happens in all mail folders; inbox, sent, drafts, etc.) ...

Undeliverable #3
I am running SBS 2000 SP4 and I have certain users who's addresses come back as undeliverable unless you fully complete their addresses when typing (not auto-complete). Let's say Our email server (hosted by our ISP) is named 'thatdomain'. Our domain on SBS running Exchange is named 'thisdomain'. When I look at their profilesand email address settings they seem to be identical to the other users who experience no problems. However, when I export the address book into Excel and scroll to the EmailAddress field they show this type of address- '/o=thisdomain/ou...

Does Outlook download Yahoo's sent folder? If not, How can I downl
Does Outlook download Yahoo's sent folder? If not, How can I download Thanks for your hlp. --Paul Vakerling No. Ask Yahoo!. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, PVakerling asked: | Does Outlook download Yahoo's sent folder? If not, How can I download | | Thanks for your hlp. | | | --Paul Vakerling So Outlook will only download the inbox folder? What if I had another folder say,"Sent1", would ...

Reply/forward undeliverable
For some reason all attempts to reply to or forward email returns undeliverable. Any suggestions as to what I have set wrong or can do to fix? ...

Sending email from secondary exchange account
Hello, We have a client who's support desk is manned by several people and they each have access to the support email account which is added as an additional mailbox to their Outlook profiles. They want to be able to reply to emails and have it come from the support account and not have "on behalf of" in the address line. We have granted everyone full mailbox access to the support account however, when they attempt to send from the support account they get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing ...