unauthorised to access page message

I just thought I would share this interesting issue with the group, I have
been rolling out CRM without to many issues but then I had one laptop which
refused to allow the user access to the CRM server. The error message was
reported as "unauthorised to access page" error. after a lot of checking the
configuration  and playing with security levels etc I found by chance that
the laptop had not completed a recent Windows update correctly. This was
resolved by booting into safe mode, connecting to the windows update site
running an outdate ( this failed as expected ) and then reboot and the
machine could access the CRM server with no problems.

I hope this is of use to anybody who has the same problem.

Biffo
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

printing page numbers
How do you get the page numbers to print on the pages. I can see them in the program, but not on preview or when I print a page minihaha wrote: > How do you get the page numbers to print on the pages. I can see > them in the program, but not on preview or when I print a page Adjust your printer margins. The page numbers are falling in your printer's unprintable area. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ My first thought was that *maybe* they aren't in the document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Miss Perspicacia Tick" &...

Access assuming duplicate records in a form
Hi, I have a form containing subforms, which I have added to a tab control. I separate the fields from one table across two tabs. The problem is this: when I update info on one tab, and then go to the next tab, which contains additional fields from the source I just updated on the previous tab, I get the following message: "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship..." I am not trying to add another record, just adding information to the existing record. If I exit the recor...

PWA Access site access denied inside sharepoint
When we are trying to access to PWA site, We have got the generic message "An unexpected error has occured" I've conttrolled event logs. I have got the error below. Web application pool account (sp_portalapppool) has access to Office Server Web services application and SSP,PSI directories. What else can I look up ? Event code: 4007 Event message: URL authorization failed for the request. Event time: 01.01.2010 16:05:42 Event time (UTC): 01.01.2010 14:05:42 Event ID: 123fa184e4314464a0d1f66ce6a30b23 Event sequence: 2 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applicat...

How can I access/display File -> properties in a cell
How can I access and display, from within a worksheet cell, the modified date in FIle->Properties? In Word you can insert the "Field" in the document. How can this be done in Excel? Thanks, Denny You need a udf Function DocProps(prop As String) Aplication.Volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function You would use like so =DOCPROPS("last save time") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "De...

Sockets in a DLL, access violation
I have a DLL that opens a simple UDP socket and does basic operations. My DLL is called from a 3rd party app that I neither have control over nor source code for. Some calls work OK, but with others I can a unhandled exception, access violation. I've seen the exception on ReceiveFrom, SendTo, Close, etc. and in all cases it looks like the function calls had all good parameters. After doing a bunch of Googling and reading, it looks like the most common cause of this is creating the socket in one thread and accessing it from another. (The other common problem, a bug in MSVC 6 with ...

Print messages
It would be nice to be able to print messages before deleting them, shy of cut n paste to a word doc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=16b94e5e-7f6b-4ebe-97c...

How can I force a new page at the end of the Report Header
I have a report that goes to 15 pages. I want to be able to print the Report Header (and only the Report Header) on the first page, and then start new page to print the page header with the detail of the report. How can I force a new page at the end of the Report Header ? � thanks Albert ...

VLOOKUP from Access
Hi everyone, It is possible to do a VLOOKUP from an Access table?? AND is it possible to set a named range using an Access table as the source?? Many thanks for all replies. Jim. You cannot do that, you can query the table from excel (data>import external date>new database query) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jim Mills" <jim.mills@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message news:40a10f0e$0$17768$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Hi everyone, > It is possible to do a VLOOKUP from an Access table?? AND is it possible to > set a named range using an Access table as the...

How to view a DLL property page in VB6?
I have a communication device who's drivers have installed it as a comport device in device manager (which it should). When you view the properties of the comport device (double click the device as it is listed in device manager) a custom properties page is displayed for the device by an associated DLL for the device. I know this DLL is the property page because I've obtained that info from the description of the DLL on the vendors website. My question is, how can I run or view this DLLs property page using VB6? Maybe using rundll32? Thanks for any help. Gary ...

Access 2007 Templates
Every time I try to download an Access 2007 template, I get the error message, Template 'Projects.accdt' could not be instantiated ...

Message size restrictions
Is it possible to set a limit on the maximum size a message can be that is being sent between 2 users on the same server in Ex 2003? I know you can set limits on the smtp server for messages that go out to the internet but I would like to set a similiar limit on messages that go from one Exchange user to another. Thanks. Bill Unfortunately this is not configurable as you desire. You can set a message size for all users, but not for just specific users. Bob "Bill Uyer" <buyer@dhblattner.com> wrote in message news:%23j%23MaVALFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it po...

click page # and goes to that page ??
I am creating a book in word with example 50 pages. In the table of contents page can I set it up so I click on say page 37 and it will go directly to page 37 ???? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Students and Teachers Edition Windows Vista Home Premium Thank-you Carl R See my reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message news:D907507A-9AC1-4BA6-B51B-D2AB05C3D0D1@microsoft.com... >I am creating...

Excel formulas in Access
Simple question. I am creating a table in Access, and one of the fields I want to have the default value to be what is in another field. For example, the table has a field called "Fee" that displays the dollar amount, and the second field is called "Cash". I want the default value in the "Cash" field to show what the value in the "Fee" field is. If I was doing this in Excel, I would use a simple reference formula. For example, "Cash is column B and "Fee" is column A. B1 =A1. I don't know how to do such a simple formula...

Error Message, what does this mean?
Every time I open Outlook (2003) I get a box - Fatal Error Can not clean temporary directory I click on OK and from then on, everything works just fine. I just started getting this. Haven't installed anything new. The only thing that is different from when I was NOT getting this, is that I was away for a long weekend so away from my broadband. I was using dialup instead (connected via dialup and THEN opened Outlook and did send/receive, so didn't have to change any Outlook settings). When I got back home, back to broadband, this is when this error started happening. So, what temporar...

strange error message on start up: Office 2004
HI Everybody, I just installed MS Office 2004 on my new iMac. When I open a new word document I get a dialogue box saying: "An unexpected error occurred while trying load Microsoft Framework Library." Is there any way I can get this message to stop? Thanks!! Your installation of Office needs to be updated. Locate the AutoUpdate app that was installed into your Applications folder & run it to download/apply the updates beginning with 11.3.5 on through 11.4.0 - Did you not get a prompt about updating during the installation? -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <gr...

db4 and access
could you help me migrate data from db4 to MS Access? which kind of problem shall I find? thanks Claudio You may need to document a cross-reference of the internal and external names of the fields in your tables. As I remember it, internal names are 8 characters and external names are 10 characters. DataTypes may be a problem, but it has been so long, I don't remember. I also had problems with linking DBF database tables in Access, so I created temp tables as free tables then exported then to CVS or TXT. I used Excel to clean up data problems, then imported the Excel files into Access....

a test message

Memory error message shuts down Publisher
I am using Publisher 2000. I had to re-install XP and re-install Publisher. Prior to re-installing, Publisher worked good. Now after opening a Publisher file I get the following error message and Publisher shuts down. The instruction at "0x77f51ed3" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8".. The memory could not be "read". I read on this forum this problem may be caused by old drivers. I have downloaded and installed the latest Intel video and HP printer drivers but the problem still happens. Does anyone know how to fix this error. Prior to the re-install ...

Mobile access #2
Hi, I am in Kazakhstan & trying to setup exchange sms- email notification. the service is enabled but doesn't seem to be working. Also when I configure Activesync or IMAP4 on my ipaq 6340 with ssl encryption, it comes with error code: 0x8004010F for outgoing messages. SMTP address is correct & it comes with message can not download the messages, check your settings & account. I tried removing Authentication option for outgoing message but no luck. Pls. help. Incoming message sync is no issue. Also, how do i sync all the subfolders? Regards, Sandeep ...

Page breaks in Mac Word 2004 when inserting revisions
Hi there, I've just installed Office 2004 and already I have an annoying problem with Word 2004. When I am viewing revisions in Page Layout view, crazy page breaks appear before every subheading, requiring annoying page scrolls all the time. The spurious page breaks can be made to disappear by turning off viewing of revisions, but this defeats the purpose of this mode. Does anyone have a work around? This problem did not exist in Office X. malcolm In article <BDC93787.12F%mhl@soton.ac.uk>, Malcolm Levitt <mhl@soton.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi there, > I've just installe...

Remote Access Connection Manager
Cannot start with following error message: "Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified." Don't know what file it is referring to. Checked and confirmed that all dependent services were started properly. Are there files that I can copy from the install CD to fix this problem? ...

can't access word, etc after installing update 10.1.2
hi, i am recovering from minor surgery and thought that I would check for an update for mac microsoft office for OSX...i successfully downloaded 10.1.2 updater... when i tried to open Word, a set up assistant screen pops up and asks for my name, organization and CD code... i'm used to downloading updates from mac and you don't have to do this... it seems that i can't get past this set-up screen ... i don't have the CD that installed office on this computer b/c it's at the university that i commute to and i won't be there for 3 weeks... do i have to have the...

Can not access directory
In the Tools menu\Options box or window, If I try to make any changes or even choose a different tab along the top, I get an error message saying- Can not access directory "F:\All Files:" Which is the partition the files are stored on but they are few folders below this. Using Windows XP Professional + Office 2003. There is only one user that is an administrator. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Douglas ...

sql db default value in access
Hi all, I recently changed my Access backend to sql Server 2005 Express. So now I have the same makros, forms and queries as before except that the tables are not in my .mdb file anymore but are on the server. In the tables section (where the tables were before) I have odbc connections with the same name to the corresponding tables on the sql server. A big problem I have now is that when I create a new line in any Access Project it doesnt load the default values until I save the line. Before I switched to sql server the default values were loaded as soon as I began to work on...

Tracking Unauthorised Mailbox Access
Hi we are running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with predominantly Outlook 2003 clients. Was wondering what methods we can use to track access to a particular mailbox??? Are there any inbuilt tools or services within Exchange which can be installed/enabled? Or is it just a case of trawling Exchange log files or Event Logs (security) on the exchange servers??? Or is there any freeware apps which anyone knows of which may help? The reason being we have a user who is insisting she is accessing her mailbox but messages have already been read. We are fairly confident its her PA (who h...