unable to set a record as private (activities)

Microsoft CRM v3
Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record
(primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other
internal party users on the record are able to open it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=11c4872b-bda5-4a1b-ad0a-c3c99272a613&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can use the security role privileges to granularly control access to
records, though you can't make some records (notes for example) owned by a
user visible to other users, and make some other records of the same type and
owner restricted. It's kind of an all or nothing proposition.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"RB" wrote:

> Microsoft CRM v3
> Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record
> (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other
> internal party users on the record are able to open it.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=11c4872b-bda5-4a1b-ad0a-c3c99272a613&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Sorry: I didn't see that this post was a suggestion to MS and not a question.
I guess you figured that out already, RB! ;)
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"RB" wrote:

> Microsoft CRM v3
> Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record
> (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other
> internal party users on the record are able to open it.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=11c4872b-bda5-4a1b-ad0a-c3c99272a613&dg=microsoft.public.crm
yes, unfortunately.  The lack of this feature that is found in products such
as ACT is really an issue for many customers.

"MattNC" wrote:

> Sorry: I didn't see that this post was a suggestion to MS and not a question.
> I guess you figured that out already, RB! ;)
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "RB" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft CRM v3
> > Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record
> > (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other
> > internal party users on the record are able to open it.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=11c4872b-bda5-4a1b-ad0a-c3c99272a613&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Error when tracking an e-mail if recipient is in CRM or Active Dir
We are experiencing a problem when a user attempts to send an e-mail with the Outlook client. If a recipient - To, BCC or CC - is a user in one of the CRM picklists (Contacts, Users, etc) an error is generated indicating that the user does not have sufficient privileges for the operation. If the recipient is NOT in one of the CRM lists, no error is generated and the email is attached to the account referenced in RE: . This is happening for the salesperson role, but not for the sales manager role, so obviously there is some privilege that I need to grant the salesperson role, but i ca...

Unable to open calendar

filtering for unique records
When using Excel's Advanced Filtering utility to copy unique records to a different location, does one need to specify a criteria range or is the selection "unique records only" self evident? No, you don't need to specify a criteria range. You can extract unique values from the entire list. KG wrote: > When using Excel's Advanced Filtering utility to copy unique records to a > different location, does one need to specify a criteria range or is the > selection "unique records only" self evident? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book Lis...

How to set a default value in an Edit control
I am new to VC. I need to set a default value to an Edit control which is read-only. How can I do that in a dialog? I tried my_Edit_Control.SetWindowText("mytest") in it compiles successfully, but it crashed at run-time. Thanks. Tony Tony Hu wrote: >I am new to VC. I need to set a default value to an Edit control which is >read-only. How can I do that in a dialog? I tried >my_Edit_Control.SetWindowText("mytest") in it compiles successfully, but it >crashed at run-time. The read-only property applies only to the user, not the programmer using S...

How to restrick a Lookup to only related records
We are in the experimenting stages of CRM and have come across a customization we would like to implement. Many of or accounts have multiple contacts. We can obviously set the primary contact and all is well. The problem that we have is that when we wantt o change the primary contact and click on the look up we see all of the contacts in the system and not just those that have the account as their parent account. We are wondering if there is a way to customize so that when we click on the lookup contact from the account form it will display only those contacts that have the account...

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

unable to scroll the page

Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format
Dear all, Sorry to post again. Can I set the numerical type of the cell in Hex format, because I want to do the following task. Thanks. Now, if I type in 01/0001 in cell, and then I drag the mouse down to many cells , the number in the cell will be added by 1 automatically, just like the following 01/0001 01/0002 01/0003 . . . Now, if I type in 01/0001 and I want to drag the mouse down to many cells and I want the cell to add 1 automatically in Hex format. Can I do that? Simply, I want the cell t...

How do i set up outlook?
I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! Sheariep wrote: > I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I > am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where > to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail > or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! You have to have a mail account somewhere if you want mail. Y...

how to use cursor to navigate active cells
With our Excel 2003, I could navigate to different cells by using the cursor keys. The cursor up key moved the active cell up. Left, right and down moved the active cell in the appropriate direction. I could select multiple cells by holding the shift key down and using the cursor keys to start selecting large groups of cells. Now, with Excel 2007, the cursor keys move the sheet around in the window, instead of moving the active cell in the indicated direction. I have found no way to select multiple cells. How can I get my Excel 2007 cursor keys to move the active cell, instead of moving t...

Text box scroll from record to record
Hi, I have a screen that shows records from a table. Next to each record is a command button to edit each record. If I click on the edit button a new window opens showing the fields for the record selected. In that window I have a text box. Sometimes, if I'm in that text box and scroll using the wheel on the mouse the data displayed will change from record to record from my table. Can someone tell my why this is happening? I'm running Access 2000 Thanks, -- Phil Its an annoying feature of Access, which while occasionally useful, is more often a PITA. You'll...

Typed Data Set and relations
I've a fairly complex schema which I'm trying to create a typed data set for. I've had a number of issues to date but it is sort of working (e.g. elements are not considered nullable unless minOccurs="0" is present. If not the codegen:nullValue attribute is ignored). What I'm seeing at the moment is that if I do NOT add in key and key ref relations, the cs generated puts in sensibly named relations with appropriate accessors. But they don't work. If I put in explicit key refs I get pairs of relations defined for each 'real' relation. The ones added c...

Unable to conect

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Win32 or COM API to set vlan id and mtu for a network interface
Hi, I want to set vlan id and mtu for a network interface. Is there any win32 or COM API to do this ? I want to do this on windows server 2003 r2, 2008, 2008 R2. I am using visual studio 2008. Thank you, Vivek S ...

set focus
Hi there, I’m new to VB and having some difficulty with a text box. I’m using textbox19 to enter values in a excel range of cells and want the textbox to be clear and keep de focus set on the same text box, after I hit the enter key, so I can enter the next value until I finish and then click on another textbox. Can anybody help? I would appreciate. On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:43:10 -0700, MP <MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hi there, I�m new to VB and having some difficulty with a text box. >I�m using textbox19 to enter values in a excel range of cells and want th...