Unable to publish with Deployment Manager

Hi!

I am having difficulty trying to get the publish task to work in the
deployment manager. I have been working through the tutorial. I added a
"picklist" schema field to the Contact schema. When I try to publish my
changes I receive an UGLY error :

 Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details.

CGIHOUINET2:  ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web
Server

Can someone give me a clue? I'm afraid that the error doesn't tell me much.

The event log shows the following ( I particularly like the spelling of
"exception."):

Source: DMSNAPIN
Category: None
Type: Error
Event ID: 0
Web Excpetion status = ConnectFailure : The underlying connection was
closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. , StackTrace : at
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.HttpUtil.GET(String strUrl,
FileStream f)

0
dumb (1)
1/13/2004 11:28:58 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi!

please, check if you have activated the Integrated Windows authentication.
It must be used for the authentication method on the Microsoft CRM Server
machine.

Have a nice day!

Susanne Wollert
MS CRM Support EMEA

"mrgreat1" <dumb@noway.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I am having difficulty trying to get the publish task to work in the
> deployment manager. I have been working through the tutorial. I added a
> "picklist" schema field to the Contact schema. When I try to publish my
> changes I receive an UGLY error :
>
>  Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details.
>
> CGIHOUINET2:  ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web
> Server
>
> Can someone give me a clue? I'm afraid that the error doesn't tell me
much.

> The event log shows the following ( I particularly like the spelling of
> "exception."):
>
> Source: DMSNAPIN
> Category: None
> Type: Error
> Event ID: 0
> Web Excpetion status = ConnectFailure : The underlying connection was
> closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. , StackTrace : at
> System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
>
> at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
>
> at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
>
> at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.HttpUtil.GET(String strUrl,
> FileStream f)

0
Susanne_Wollert
1/14/2004 12:47:20 PM
Hi!

Thanks for the help. I checked the IIS settings. It is configured for
Integrated Windows Authentication. Is there a similar setting that needs to
be checked on the SQL server machine?

Thanks again,

Joseph A. Lightfoot

"Susanne_Wollert" <Susanne_Wollert@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> please, check if you have activated the Integrated Windows authentication.
> It must be used for the authentication method on the Microsoft CRM Server
> machine.
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> Susanne Wollert
> MS CRM Support EMEA
>
> "mrgreat1" <dumb@noway.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am having difficulty trying to get the publish task to work in the
> > deployment manager. I have been working through the tutorial. I added a
> > "picklist" schema field to the Contact schema. When I try to publish my
> > changes I receive an UGLY error :
> >
> >  Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details.
> >
> > CGIHOUINET2:  ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web
> > Server
> >
> > Can someone give me a clue? I'm afraid that the error doesn't tell me
> much.
> >
> > The event log shows the following ( I particularly like the spelling of
> > "exception."):
> >
> > Source: DMSNAPIN
> > Category: None
> > Type: Error
> > Event ID: 0
> > Web Excpetion status = ConnectFailure : The underlying connection was
> > closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. , StackTrace : at
> > System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
> >
> > at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
> >
> > at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
> >
> > at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.HttpUtil.GET(String strUrl,
> > FileStream f)

0
mrgreat1

Publisher compatability
I work using Publisher from Office Professional 2000 at home and in mt small suite of computers at work where I teach. My boss had Office XP installed on her 2 offce machines and I could not work on any Publisher file created on her system with publisher 2000. "Publisher cannot open files from another version" The problem is now worse since my bosses 2machines have been upgraded and the technician, in his wisdom, installed Office Professional 2000. Now we have no access to many ,many Publisher files. This is a real problem and HELP is greatly needed. Your best solution is to...

GP 10 Intergration Manager error
One of our reports no longer runs and returns the below message. We recreate it and still returns this error. Rebooted our Win2003 server, stopped restarted SQL2005. Any suggestions on a fix. Thanks The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Dynamics.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D016638-BA35-11CF-827E-00001B27AB13}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type l...

Printing in Publisher
When printing a two-sided tri-fold brochure in Publisher, one side comes out up side down. How do I get the brochure to print correctly? Thank You It's a printer setting. ] File Print Setup Properties Features Two sided printing Book (rather than tablet) -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11c1d01c3f58d$68498b70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When printing a two-sided tri-fold brochure in Publisher, > one side comes out up side down. ...

Unable to open calendar

How do Word and Publisher compare and integrate?
Please direct me to information regarding using the new Word 2007 and Publisher 2007 together. There seem to be a lot of overlapping functions in the two products. Is there any good reason to use both for the same document? Yes and no. I can see using Word for the spelling and/or grammar check. If it's a basic word processing document, I'd stick with Word. If it combines text with graphics, give me Publisher. (I have a 10 page document at work that is making me truly hate using Word with pictures, etc. And we don't have Publisher there. Grrrrrrrrr!) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Mi...

Publisher and different headers
Using Publisher, how do I create different headers between pages? The section breaks don't seem to help. cmatson <cmatson@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Using Publisher, how do I create different headers between pages? The > section breaks don't seem to help. If you want a different header on each page, then it is not headers and footers that you really need, just a text box on each page with different content. If it is only every so often, then multiple Master Pages may be your thing. This requires Publisher 2003. -- Ed Bennett -...

convert to web publication verses publish to the web
I am creating an e-newsletter. I have a front page that i am sending as an email message, with subsequesnt pages uploaded onto a work server. It seems to work well by using the publish to the web "file" option. I'm wondering though when I upload my files, what the difference is between converting to a web publication and publishing to the web? Should I maybe be converting to a web publication instead of publishing to the web? ...

unable to scroll the page

Publisher #80
I am trying to publish my web site to go daddy. I have it in an ftp location and it will not let me go any further to a wizard, which I think that is what is supposed to happen next. I don't know what I have done wrong or what to do next. This is my first attempt at publishing a web site. Can someone please give me some help! -- thanks, Beth There is a newsgroup for web design here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http:...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

mailing directly from publisher people reciveing see it incorrectl
I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I select send e.mail as attachment and when people recive this message it looks like it has 1 / 2 or even 3 parts to it and that they have not been put back together properly, the effect looks something like wallpaper and the pattern doesn't match - this makes for almost impossible reading - has any one else suffered this problem? Any ideas for a souloution Thanks iamsquid <iamsquid@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I &g...

Printing in MS Publisher 2003
I support a department that uses Publisher to create its monthly calendar. The secretary creates the base calendar, then e-mails it to the department members for them to add their own events. The secretary has a network printer as her default. The department members have local printers as their default (in fact, two users only have one printer configured in their respective "Printers and Faxes"). The two users in question print the calendar, after saving it to their local machine, and it prints to the secretary's network printer. Mousing over the print icon in the tool...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Time Management problems
I made a little application that keeps time on the activities that we do in the plant. In my Data I have a start time field and an end time field, and others that make it job specific. On my report I want to group each task and get a time total in the group footer. At this point I can only display a calculated total for a row so we must add the time manually. Can I somehow total these caculated rows? Also, the calculation I am useing in the report doesn't work in the update query, I was going to see if I could caculate the totals from hard data. This is how I calculate the time: ...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Publisher and Access
Through trial and error, I can get our newsletter mail merge done. However there must be some simple instructions out there somewhere. My basic problem is I do not understand the various types of data sources. I browse for a data source and come up with six or eight technical names. I find that clicking on jet 4 lets me get into the access data base, but that was just a lucky guess. Is there any basic information that could help me? Publisher lists are Access databases, in Office 2002-03 they are stored in "My Documents", "My Data Sources" with a .mdb extension. E...

Publishing Workbook to Internet
I currently use Excel to create a single worksheet .htm file that upload to Yahoo and is viewable on the internet. Works just fine. I would now like to be able to upload a multi-worksheet .htm workboo to Yahoo and have only one of the worksheets(that I designate) show u on the internet. When I try to access such a file, I get a page tha says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found." Does anybody kno of a way that this can be done -- neb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...