Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controlle

Hi ,
I am trying to use deployment Manager to upgrade trial license but whenever
i am running Deployment Manager i get error Unable to obtain DNS hostname of
Active Directory domain controller, I am using Full Domain Admin right for
CRM Admin user, i done repair install without any issue but still having the
same error, CRM server and SQL databases are install on the same server.
There is no firewall installed.

The server details are the following,

Server = 2003 R2
SQL 2005 with SP2
CRM Server 4

Thanks
Shakil

Error on Deployment Manager.

Server stack trace:
   at
System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Utils.GetReplicaList(DirectoryContext
context, String partitionName, String siteName, Boolean isDefaultNC, Boolean
isADAM, Boolean isGC)
   at
System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.DomainController.FindAllInternal(DirectoryContext
context, String domainName, Boolean isDnsDomainName, String siteName)
   at System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Domain.get_DomainControllers()
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Admin.AdminService.ConfigDBSecurity.SystemUserService.GetCaseSafeName(String domain, String accountName)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Admin.AdminService.ConfigDBSecurity.SystemUserService.GetCaseSafeName(String name)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Admin.AdminService.ConfigDBSecurity.SystemUserService.GetIdFromName(String userName)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Admin.AdminService.ConfigDBSecurity.SecurityRoleService.TryVerifyUser(String userName, SecurityRole role)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.DMSnapInController.IsCurrentUserASystemUser()
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.DMSnapInHelper.DisplayMessageBoxIfCurrentUserIsNotSystemUser(Console console)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.DMSnapIn.OnInitialize()
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapInBase.PostInitialize()
   at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.SnapInBase.Initialized()
   at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInClient.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.ISnapInClient.Initialize(ISnapInPlatform snapInPlatform)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr
md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext,
Object[]& outArgs)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle
md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext,
Object[]& outArgs)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInInitializationOperation.OnStart()
   at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RunningOperationsTable.EnqueueOperation(Operation operation)
   at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.StandAloneComponentData..ctor(SnapInRegistrationInfo info, Int32 bookkeepingId)
   at
Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.FrameworkSnapInFactory.Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Advanced.ISnapInFactory.CreateSnapIn(Int32
bookkeepingId, String snapInKey, Object& snapIn)
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Error when tracking an e-mail if recipient is in CRM or Active Dir
We are experiencing a problem when a user attempts to send an e-mail with the Outlook client. If a recipient - To, BCC or CC - is a user in one of the CRM picklists (Contacts, Users, etc) an error is generated indicating that the user does not have sufficient privileges for the operation. If the recipient is NOT in one of the CRM lists, no error is generated and the email is attached to the account referenced in RE: . This is happening for the salesperson role, but not for the sales manager role, so obviously there is some privilege that I need to grant the salesperson role, but i ca...

Active content warning when on a CD
We have developed some documents in Publisher put them on a CD. When the CD is inserted we have the pages come up automatically using autorun.inf. How ever before the pages come up the following error comes up: "Active content can harm your computer or disclose personal information. Are you sure that you want to allow CDs to run active content on your computer?" We didn't add any active content that we know of to the documents. How do I get rid of this message or remove the active content? How did you "compile" (that's the best term I can think of) the Publis...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to conect

how to use cursor to navigate active cells
With our Excel 2003, I could navigate to different cells by using the cursor keys. The cursor up key moved the active cell up. Left, right and down moved the active cell in the appropriate direction. I could select multiple cells by holding the shift key down and using the cursor keys to start selecting large groups of cells. Now, with Excel 2007, the cursor keys move the sheet around in the window, instead of moving the active cell in the indicated direction. I have found no way to select multiple cells. How can I get my Excel 2007 cursor keys to move the active cell, instead of moving t...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

How do I change the format of how my active cell in Excel is view.
I sometimes have trouble locating which cell is active in my Excel worksheet. I would like to be able to change it to something other than just a heavy black border. Here is one way that highlights the row and column of the activecell. Private Sub WorkSheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target.EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 35 End With With Target.EntireColumn .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add T...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...

unable to add email account to microsoft outlook 2003
i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add email account .... i really am a noob at this . any hints? peter morris <peter morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the > office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add > email account ... i really am a noob at this . any hints? Try it from Control Panel's Mail applet. -- Brian Tillman cheers ... i ahve added it ... someone told me that as it is...

Unable to resize Navigation pane in access 2007
This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there anyway to reset it to default settings? Can you not just drag it? -- Build a little, test a little. "SJ" wrote: > This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there > anyway to reset it to default settings? > > > . > ...

Unable to find VC++.net express
Hi, I just downloaded and installed VC++.NET Express for hours, but after restarting my machine as required, I cannot find the program group no matter on Start menu or my disks. What is going on? Was the installation successful? If it was installed fully, you should find it at the location where you installed it. Does it appear as an option under Control Panel::Add Or Remove SOftware? ------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com The installation should not take that long normally - maybe your installation screwed up. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] <samhng@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Unable to send E-Mails #3
I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I get the following message. 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied Any help would be gratefully appreciated On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote: > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I > get the following message. > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Set that up on the &...