Unable to close/delete Opporotunities

Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server  and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std.
server.

The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message
appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated
with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be
closed"

We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not
enabled Quotes.

This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to
the system since.

Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is
trying to share the selected opportunity, no changes are saved. The owner of
the opportunity is only able to add  or remove Users/Team from the Sharing
Web Dialog Page.

Someone any clues????

Thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can't Backup. On close, unknown process interferes.
I have Outlook 2003 set to Backup every three days or whatever but when I close it says that there is some process that won't allow the Backup to occur, so then I hit Cancel so it can finish shutting down, so I can't Backup. What is the process that could be responsible? Is there a way to fix it or a workaround? I do have Active Sync 3.7 with an IPAQ 1945, and that use to happen when I had Outlook XP and it actively connected, but with Outlook 2003 and Active Sync not connected, it still occurs every time. Any ideas? Also, Outlook 2003 seems to take a heck of a lot longer ...

Practicing then deleting
Can I train my employees by running practice transactions and practice POs, then delete all of them when we are ready to go live? Also, we are going to go live before we have every item in the database. Can we create a MISC ITEM and use that for items that are purchased that are not in the database? Any bad things about that? You can't really delete transactions very easily. You can void them. You could create a practice customer account - or even better, a training database - and delete the customer/database when you go live. Using a non-inventory MISC SKU is fine for completi...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Outlook doesn't close --> WMS Idle
From time to time in recent weeks, when I log out of Windows XP Pro (SP1 with all updates) I get an "End Program" error on "WMS Idle", with the system indicating it can't shut down WMS Idle. Whenever this occurs (it happens only intermitently), Task Manager shows that the OUTLOOK.EXE process is still running. However, the Outlook 2002 application (SP2 with all updates) has been closed. There are no other system symptoms or problems whatsoever and the only software updates done for many months are Windows and McAfee updates. Is anyone aware of a Windows update...

Unable to conect

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

In Outlook, a read receipt message wont send and wont delete
I've just installed Outlook 2003 and set up an e-mail account without a proper Reply E-mail address - it was blank. Then I received an e-mail requesting a read receipt and I let it go. But now my internet provider won't send the message - I'm getting: Task '...- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 553 From: address not verified; see http://www.rogershelp.com/verify-email' and also error ...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Taskbar Deletion
I can not get rid of this bloody thing! "VIRUS PROTECT ANTI-SPYWARE PROTECTIION" I do not need it, didn't down load it and now I can't get rid of it in my tray. It just keeps blinking and won't go away. And yes I've tried to get rid of it several different way. I wonder if it isn't the bloody virus. It's keeps stating "System Alert". I have ran my other programs and there is nothing wrong with my computer. All clear, virus, and spyware no problems there. The company is located in Riga Lativia???????? PLEASE HELP ME! ...

Can I delete a file that is in use
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks You can try using the task manager. Bring up the manager and go to processes and stop it from running. You can try to delete from Safe Mo...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Rule to delete messages with subject line
Hello, We have 200+ users that get an email from an outside source. It is legit mail so we want this to continue, however, we also would like a rule that deletes these emails from all users inboxs after a week or so. Our users do not do a good job of cleaning up after themselves. Is there a way to do this globally instead of one by one with outlook rules? Thanks! Chris Create a mailbox manager policy in Recipient Policies in ESM. You can then set an age on all mail and have it automatically deleted from users mailboxes. Oliver In news:0CE691FA-E17A-43D1-840A-24E852A67A14@micros...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

unable to add email account to microsoft outlook 2003
i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add email account .... i really am a noob at this . any hints? peter morris <peter morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the > office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add > email account ... i really am a noob at this . any hints? Try it from Control Panel's Mail applet. -- Brian Tillman cheers ... i ahve added it ... someone told me that as it is...

personal folder deleting
I can not delete a personal folder that was created for a network computer that no longer exist. You have to delete it from the computer it was created on . "Jose" <jose.gonzalez3@jacobs.com> wrote in message news:032901c35b8d$25bfd0b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can not delete a personal folder that was created for a > network computer that no longer exist. ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...