Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0 - Please help urgent !!

Hi all

Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0 as it errors out saying

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Here is the event log information.

Web Service Plug-in failed in OrganizationId:
01f0210d-6bf6-4c27-8919-00eccab73e2d; SdkMessageProcessingStepId:
ab0fa3e5-3ceb-dc11-8840-0003ffbb159c; EntityName: contact; Stage: 50;
MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn,
AlertCRM40Plugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US,
PublicKeyToken=4406fa73b5445f20; ClassName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn;
Exception: Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object
reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn.GetAlertURL(String
pstrCRMOrganizationName)
   at AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn.Execute(IPluginExecutionContext
context)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.PluginStep.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext
context).

Can anyone help on this please, its very urgent !!!!

Thanks
Karthik

0
Karthik (33)
6/10/2008 4:03:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

it seems to me that you have plugin for contact entity ,  which is
having hampering you to create the contact ..
you can view the list of plugin in from Plugin registeration tool.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

Removing Add Inns
I have an Essbase Add In installed in my version of Excel. Is there a way to remove it. I don't use it. Uncheck under tools>add-ins and if it is in a startup folder remove it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Leon" <greg_wikle@balinet.com> wrote in message news:emEVXwP5DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have an Essbase Add In installed in my version of Excel. Is there a way to > remove it. I don't use it. > > ...

CRM Data Migration utility does NOT support SQL 2008
Currently the CRM Data Migration utility does NOT support SQL 2008. People want to go that way now. What is the projected date of a version that works in SQL 2008? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

HELP! OWA "new" button not available
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 with the latest post SP1 patch applied. Client is Outlook XP. Windows 2003 native domain. In one site (which has recently been migrated from NT4 and Exchange 5.5) I have the following problem but only for some users: When they logon to their mailbox through OWA, they can read, send mail correctly, add contacts, tasks etc... but when they go to their calendar they are unable to create new appointments and the "new" button is not available. They can see the appointments in the calender but are unable to create new ones. Here's what ...

Unable to open calendar

Add Cash Inflows and Outflows to the Cashflow Calendar
Currently the Cashflow Calendar show a Net Cash Inflow or Net Cash Outflow on the calendar. It would be helpful to show Cash Receipts and Cash Disbursements separetly. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer Bellefairejcb.org ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Add node in TreeView
Hello, I'm trying to add node in TreeView (SDI) but I don't want to add it in OnInitialUpdate. Could anyone advise me how to do it or suggest me any link? Thank you very much in advance. On Sep 12, 2:50 pm, Atilla <kececi.para...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to add node in TreeView (SDI) but I don't want to add it in > OnInitialUpdate. Could anyone advise me how to do it or suggest me any > link? > > Thank you very much in advance. Hi Atilla, First explain your problem clearly. Why you dont want to do it in OnInitialUpdate? ...

CRM 1.2 and support for Internet Access without VPN
Can anyone tell me if the upcoming version 1.2 will support access from the Internet without using a VPN connection. Thank you in advance. Access from the internet for server administration? >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me if the upcoming version 1.2 will support access from the >Internet without using a VPN connection. > >Thank you in advance. > > >. > No, actually accessing CRM itself. According to this KB article it isn't possible unless you use a VPN: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821674 <anonymous@discus...

Auto Save Add-In
Hi Dave Thanks very much for the detailed instructions, I will follow them an let you know Charle -- Charles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CharlesF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=874 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 ...

? Rich Edit Formatting Lost When Inserting At Position 0
Hi, I'm using a CRichEditCtrl but am having trouble with the formatting. I use SetSel and ReplaceSel to insert text into the control and if the text is inserted in the middle or at the end of the control's buffer it works just fine but if I insert it at the start (SetSel(0,0)) then it takes on the formatting (both character formatting and paragraph formatting) of the text immediately after it (the text formerly at 0). There is a small note about ReplaceSel in MSDN: "This function will format the inserted text with the existing character formatting. When replacing the e...

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

Put Outlook contact in Excel?
I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel a reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have tried dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do what I want? Thanks! Jeremy See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm for information on the = outlook: hyperlink syntax.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power ...

save a new number format for other worksheets
when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how do i save it Jerry Austin Format a field in Personal.xls that uses it? -- HTH Bob Phillips "JerryAustin" <JerryAustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D10DBC4-CE16-4185-A52F-E7305DE1B392@microsoft.com... > when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how > do i save it > Jerry Austin ...

what method to add function to right click list ?
Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. Outlook provides no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "wong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:04fd01c557a2$5e0d5e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to=20 > right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. > Thank you...

unable to scroll the page

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Upgrade from Money 7.0 to Money 2007
I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version 7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe any problems they might encounter? Thanks! -- www.ECKinc.com In microsoft.public.money, ECKinc wrote: >I have a client that's currently using Money 99 Personal & Business (version >7.0). They would like to upgrade to Money 2007 Premium. -They no longer >need the business portion. Is this upgrade possible? Can anyone describe >any ...

Error Message when Importing Contacts
When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stating "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped. Any suggestions? could be a number of things including browser security settings, permissions on the local machine, firewall issues. more details about your environment (o/s and patch level) would be helpful "Bedrock Nicki" <Bedrock Nicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4469B908-78A6-4749-89F0-28252FD0A0E8@microsoft.com... > When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stati...

help with disp interfaces
I'm familiar with COM concepts, but haven't programmed it in a few years and never really got into dispatch interfaces. I'm trying to get at the DHTML in a page being displayed in a CHtmlView (trying to display an MRU). I've overloaded OnDocumentComplete(), used GetHtmlDocument to get a dispinterface to my DHTML Document object, and want to use the getElementById() method on that. To call that method, I'm first using GetIDsOfNames() to get the dispid for that method and its parameters, then calling Invoke(). Phew!! I've struggled partway through, I can get the dispi...