UI Developer // Bay Area

Location: Bay Area
Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: 40-45/hr

Front-end Developer Required Skills:
1. capable of estimating development tasks and meeting deadlines
2. great attention to visual detail and user interaction design
3. cross browser development, testing, and debugging for Chrome,
Safari,
Firefox, IE 7, IE8
4. front web page creation from detailed mockups/comps
5. AJAX
6. XHTML
7. CSS
8. Javascript
9. XML and JSON10.   Java 6, JSP, JSTL/EL and Java Servlets
11. Team oriented, great communication skills

Desired Front-end Developer Skills:
1. Familiar with mobile web UIs
2. Familiar with Oracle 11g and SQL
3. Familiar with Hibernate 3
4. Familiar with Apache Tomcat
5. Familiar with Apache HTTPD

Best Regards

Vivek Sahoo
Systel Inc.
600 Embassy Row NE Ste 200
Atlanta, GA - 30328
678-261-5237 (D)
678-261-5220 x 323
678-623-5938 (F)

0
bilvictor (18)
3/9/2011 5:37:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Typing names in Outlook email Send-to area
I inherited someone elses computer. Often when I type a name into the "send to" section, a drop down menu appears with names I do not know. How to I get rid of them and how do I add names I'd like to see? New entries will be added automatically as you send messages. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.micr...

Create child windows in UI threads with specified size and location
Hello MFC developers, I have the following issue at hand: I have HWND (let's call it hWndParent) for the main window. I am trying to create child windows using UI threads by calling AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME(...)) from the main thread. In the InitInstance of CMyWinThread I want to do something like: CMyWinThread::InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new MyCWnd; //MyCWnd is of type CFrameWnd; m_pMainWnd->Create(....); } However, I want m_pMainWnd to be of type WS_CHILD for which I need to pass CWnd::pParentWnd. Also, I want to position the child window at a specific location within the clien...

UI
Has any one else tried using the Microsoft.CRM.UIComponents objects to build their custom web pages ?? Anne Busby Power Business Systems ...

Possible Options to develop on MSCRM
Hi Guys, we have about 4-5 developers working (doing SDK coding) to acheive some functionality in MSCRM. As of now, each of them have a separate CRM server for themselves (in their own domains)and finally we integrate the entire stuff into one server(which is on a different domain) Is this the best way to go about this ? Is there a Microsoft recommended way to be doing developments? Is it preferred to be carrying out all developments on one single server? If yes, what would be the ideal configuration for a development server? Doing CRM dev is not that differnt that doing regular web ...

How can I hook UI messages?
Hi all. When I use hook in a program to hook other application my callback function can only receive window's message like WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_KEYDOWN... It couldn't receive UI message like MS Spy++. How can I hook UI messages. Please help me. Thanks and best regard. You should be able to get all sorts of messages using SetWindowsHookEx. You have to supply what type of messages you want and make it a system wide hook. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Nguyen Van Binh" <binhnv@newcenturysoft.com> wrote in message news:eqKyRnrqEHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP14.ph...

Variable print area
Can a named print area be DYNAMIC in that it only prints out the CURRENT number of rows of data? Thanks. I'm new to this but have been trying to solve a similar problem. You can select the current range region by using ctrl shift and *. So if you move to a cell in the range you want to print and then use ctrl, shift and * you'll get a dynamic range for naming or printing. Hope it helps "BOBF" wrote: > Can a named print area be DYNAMIC in that it only prints > out the CURRENT number of rows of data? Thanks. > try something like this Sub printregion() x = ...

CRM 3 development environment
I'm seeking clarity on the software needed to develop reports for CRM 3. I used Visual Studio 2005 (with the Business Intelligence Development Studio client component from a SQL Server 2005 disk) to develop custom reports for CRM. Doing this, I'm prompted to convert existing CRM report to a current version. Would this be because they are targeted at a Visual Studio 2003 development environment? If so, what is the add-in I need for VS 2003 to develop reports, and where can I get it? My CRM 3 database is on a SQL Server 2005. Am I wrong in assuming the Reporting Services that houses ...

why UI gets hangs
I have a simple MFC app with a dialog. from the initinstance of the App i am doing dlg.DoModal(). In the dialog i have a button. when i click the button the thread gets run in a for loop for 1 min... but in between this 1 min if i try to do some operation or post message to the queue from another thread then UI shows hangs but why...even the thread busy and not processing msg it should not hang..because after 1 min it will process the msg from message queue.. pls let me know ur suggestion Thanks in adv Aditya A few questions: Have you already created a mainframe before popping up a di...

Windows Phone 7 Driver Development?
Does anyone know where to find resources regarding device driver development for Windows Phone 7? There doesn't seem to be anything in WHDC/MSDN or anywhere I can find on the web, for that matter. -- Ray ...

Dashboard Reporting
Hi, I recently tried to create a 'dashboard' style report by using the camera tool to take pictures of my graphs on different worksheets, and presenting them together on the first worksheet. You can see samples of this type of report at www.exceluser.com Everything looks good until I try to print preview, at which point graphic elements on the chart, and the plot area, totally resize. This makes the chart unreadable. Both the camera picture of the chart (on sheet 1) and the original chart (on sheet 3) are affected. Does anybody know why this happens, or how to prevent it happenin...

Anyone developed an Excel sheet for Cost of Quality? #2

Need UI Advice...
I've been tasked with creating a new color picker. These are a few of our problems with the stock one / major applications ones: 1) stock Windows color picker a) looks dated *MINUS* b) doesn't provide the full set of 127 standard colors *MINUS* c) the concept of "16 custom colors" is obsolete *MINUS* d) the dialog is a bit broken on Vista *MINUS* e) user is confused by the whole "add to custom colors" thing... *MINUS* f) no concept of showing the current color *MINUS* 2) Office 2003 color picker a) looks current (although needs some clean up on some of the gra...

superimposed 3-D stacked area charts
Hello, I want to show two stacked area charts side by side in one 3-D display. X axis = years. Y axis = $. Data set #1 has national advertising and national promotions, which I want stacked together. Data set #2 has local advertising and local promotions, which I want stacked together, but separately from Data Set #1. The values in Data set #1 are always larger than those in set #2 for a given year, so #1 can go in the back of the 3-D chart area, with the smaller set in the front. Now I am creating two charts, setting the axes the same, blanking the chart fill, and pasting one over ...

why is delay needed between $Host.UI.RawUI.KeyAvailable and $Host.UI.RawUI.FlushInputBuffer()
The code below is an example of a way to stop and restart PowerShell code. Unless I put Start-Sleep -milliseconds 500 before $Host.UI.RawUI.FlushInputBuffer() it won't work. The delay also cannot be too short or it won't work. Why is the delay needed between $Host.UI.RawUI.KeyAvailable and $Host.UI.RawUI.FlushInputBuffer() ? 1..100000 | % { if ($Host.UI.RawUI.KeyAvailable) { 'Press any key to continue' Start-Sleep -milliseconds 500 $Host.UI.RawUI.FlushInputBuffer() do {Start-Sleep -millis...

Set print area
Please help me! I'm probably being very thick but i cannot find where I can set the print area of an Excel document. It was so easy to use in the 2003 version and I'm struggling to find even the most basic functions in 2007. Hi, I think the ribbon is the most counter intuative pice if e2007. Click the page layout tab and you'll see 'Print area' there in the 'Page Setup' group -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

Help: How to get same size of print/preview of UI for a VC++ MDI Application..?
> When i tried to print preview/print it shows very small picutre > representation... > How i can scale the print preview...? > > Please help, > Thanks. > Aji. > > Aji, Normally, a discrepancy between picture sizes on different output media (where we must consider "print preview" different from the screen, even if it happens to be the same physical device :-)))) is due to the fact that they have different resolutions. If you just blit a picture to, say, screen and printer, the difference between a 96 ppi and a 300 ppi one will of course make the pictu...

Sharing UI among primary and secondary threads ....
I have got this strange scenerio and have never worked on this before. I have got an ActiveX control which plays a custom file format. Assume it plays AVI format. I have embedded this control on some CDialog and i provide buffer of string to control on timely basis. Control updates the screen with the block of buffer and refreshes the view. The issue is while i am playing the session, ui gets iressponsive. I mean i can not even minimize the window. I think that i need one thread for playing and the other one for UI. But MFC throughs the access denied exception at OLE level. Please let m...

Putting UI in a DLL
I want to write a dll that encapsulates some common UI that i am implementing in several apps. The Dll will have to create several toolbars and a status bar and i want the dll to render itself on a control from the calling app. This way i could embed the control in a tabbed page or on a dialog if i want to. I also want the Dll to handle all if it's own messages. Any direction on how i should go about to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. "Roth" <roth.fouty@itron.com> wrote in message news:050101c3aaf8$c630e3d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to wr...

database area
Control end, control home should take me to the upper left and lower right cell of the database. How do I reset this if it no longer does? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Spunky" <Spunky@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:287CB2FB-13AA-4DCD-AFFB-0A07E231DDA4@microsoft.com... > Control end, control home should take me to the upper left and lower right > cell of the database. How do I reset this if it no longer does? ...

HUGE Problem with portfolio just developed...
Tonight after downloading updates, which stalled by the way (taking the 3 finger salute to close), every time I hit the portfolio icon it generates an error message and closes the program. Any ideas? Unsure what caused it but a backup restore fixed it. "Doug" <certd5REMOVEBEFOREREPLY@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23FnRbP5jDHA.2080@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Tonight after downloading updates, which stalled by the way (taking the 3 > finger salute to close), every time I hit the portfolio icon it generates > an error message and closes the program. > Any idea...

I have Office XP Developer...
....and want to install Publisher - but cannot find it anywhere on the CD disks supplied. Is Publisher available on the Developer version & if so can anyone point me in the right direction to install it - this is driving me bonkers! Cheers Mark Sorry - first time on here so have now found the answer which appears to be "unless you were dead lucky and got a super whizz special ltd edition version" then it's not included. I'm frankly appauled that, despite buying the most expensive version of Office XP such a major programme should be excluded from the Developer ...

Second UI thread not working properly if started from the main UI thread
Hi, My proj need to do some busy work and displays a progress bar. I designed the progress bar to run in a second UI thread. When the busy work is in progress, it will send message to the progress bar in the second UI thread to update the progress bar's location. The problem is, when the busy work is done in the working thread (case 1), the progress bar is working properly. However, when the busy work is done in the main UI thread without creating a work thread, the progress bar is not working correctly---the progress won't show up until the main UI thread finishes the loop ...

MultiThreaded UI
Hi ! In my application, I have a worker thread wich notifies to a HWND target. I'd like to process these notifications in other loop than the default message loop of my application. So I'd like my HWND target have its own message loop. How can I do ? thanks Mike Mike@Nestor wrote: > In my application, I have a worker thread wich notifies to a HWND target. > I'd like to process these notifications in other loop than the default > message loop of my application. So I'd like my HWND target have its own > message loop. > > How can I do ? The most im...

Prof-UIS
Anyone used Prof-UIS ? I am trying out the functions in this package and attempting to add a few CExtToolControlBar. I call the Create, EnableDocking , then DockControlBar methods. The bars appears at the top of the screen where I would expect, but buttons are all blank. I can click the buttons and the floating help works, but any attempt to drag the toolbar or click the little down arrow on the right, or any updateUI methods causes a crash with no useful debug info. Any suggestions? GT wrote: > Anyone used Prof-UIS ? > > I am trying out the functions in this package and at...

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...