Ugrdng from SBS 2003 Premium SP1 to SBS 2003 Premium R2 affects CR

I have received from my Action Pack subscription, the SBS 2003 Premium R2 DVD
and I want to upgrade my current production environment (SBS 2003 Premium
SP1) to R2.
Based on what I read about R2, I understand that I can upgrade SQL Server to
2005, but I do not know how it would affect my current CRM 3.0 installation.
Can you please let me know if I can upgrade to SQL Svr 2005 and how to do
that considering my CRM 3.0 installation?

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

switching from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2003
Is there a website that shows a comparison of 'How to's' in Outlook that a user does in LN? As an example, 'How do I schedule a meeting Outlook vs LN?' ...

How to setup Outlook 2007 or 2003 to sync with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I want's to setup my Outlook 2007 calendar and contracts sync with Exchange 2003. I using Pop3 to receive Email. Thank you, Chik Chik wrote: > I want's to setup my Outlook 2007 calendar and contracts sync with > Exchange 2003. I using Pop3 to receive Email. POP3 won't allow you to do it. POP3 handles the Inbox only. Talk to your Exchange Administrator about setting up RPC over HTTP (which, as I understand it, isn't as easy in 2003). -- f.h. Hi Muffman, Thanks for quick reply. Why Windows Mobile can sync calendar and contracts list with Exchange ...

Need Help
Greetings, We have a requirement to migrate out Lotus Notes to Outlook 2003. Me and my team has never done such a migration. Can someone please help me in coming out an approach for this. Basically, I would like to know the things to be taken care before, mid and after deployment? How to deploy (i.e tools or something else)? A best practice for such migration, if possible. TIA ...

Recover single email from Exchange 2003
Hi, I need to recover a single email from a 20gb Exchange 2003 database! We do online backups so I do not have a "flat file". Can someone please post some links (possibly a step by step guide) so I can achieve this for my boss. Many thanks in advance. Hi, In brief (you don't specify circumstances): Create a recovery storage group, assign the mailstore the user is on to it. Restore the database from a full backup from a time you know the mailbox had the message in. TechNet RSG paper: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/aa998782.aspx Alternatively it may be possible (you...

Remove SBS
(Im reposting this since I got no response in the setup-config group, im hoping for better luck in this group) I have a client with SBS 2003 but isn’t utilizing any SBS functions (don’t ask me why they have SBS… it wasn’t me). Now they have an app that (based on the vender) cant run on an SBS server. How do go about doing this? I don’t care about ripping out SBS but I need to preserve AD. What would happen if I… 1)Uninstall SBS? a)Would it remove AD (as the sbs is the only domain) or is AD not a SBS role? b)Would it become a regular Windows 2003 std server machine? 2)Do an...

Excel 2003 Recalc
I recently had my office laptop upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003. I quickly noticed that Excel 2003 does a recalc everytime I open a goup/outline. Excel 2000 didn't do that Excel 2002 on my home PC doesn't do that either. Anyone else encounter this? How does one "fix" this? -- couimet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couimet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28907 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486546 One of the differences between xl2003 and...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

Outlook 2003 PST
After I saved my PST in outlook 2003 I cannot read them on 2000 anymore. Can this be fixed? The file p:\archive\archive2003.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator. You'll have to create a new pst and make sure you select the format for Outlook 97-2002 compatible PST files. Then export all of the information in the incompatible PST file to the newly created Outlook 97-2002 PST file. That one you can open in other versions of Outlook/ -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special E...

SBS 2003 to Standard 2008 transition?
I've got a client wanting to 'breakout' from SBS 2003, but then want to go to 2008 Standard, not 2003 Standard. You used to be able to transition from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003 to get a good discount on migrating your CALs etc. Is it possible to go straight to Standard 2008, to migrate their CALs and get the transition discount? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CB500E.98E99440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If you try hard..you may still find the transition...

OMA Exchange 2003 ActiveSync Mobile 5.0
I am trying to get a Mobile 5.0 device to work with Exchange 2003. I have read the installs and KB's. This is where I am at. Server Windows 2003 Server Standard Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 OWA OMA ActiveSync Mobile Device Verizon XV6700 PocketPC Mobile 5.0 OWA is working fine and has been for some time. I installed OMA and ActiveSync. OMA is working fine now from a laptop and from the mobile device. All are using SSL. The thing that does not work is ActiveSync via Verizons broadband network. When I try to sync it says that I am not conencting to an Exchange Server. Guarantee that I have...

Publisher 1998 & 2003
I have Publisher 1998 running in Windows 2000. Someone has sent me a file created in Publisher 2003 and when I try to open it I get an error message that it cannot open files from a newer Publisher edition. I have been told this should not be a problem but that I have to go to this go to get an answer. Could someone please tell me how to fix this problem short of buying Publisher 2003. Thank you On 22 Apr 2004 09:35, "Bob Ferester" <ferester@ferester.com> wrote: >I have Publisher 1998 running in Windows 2000. Someone has sent me a >file created in Publisher 20...

Migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008
Hi Guys, Is a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 possible? and should I even attempt this? If so, does any one have a basic migration guide and any things to aviod? Thanks for any help. JohnG wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Is a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 possible? and should I even > attempt this? > > If so, does any one have a basic migration guide and any things to aviod? > > Thanks for any help. > > > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Migration/default.aspx http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Migrati...

Exchange 2003 SP2 /Outlook 2003 SP2 Issue
I am admin for an office with Exchange 2003 SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2 as the email client. I can send/receive email as normal. However, since this morning, when I receive an email, the preview pane states 'This item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contents.' When I attempt to open the item, I get 'Can't open this item'. I am not using (or not trying to use) any custom forms - and it seems to be a server-side issue (as I cannot view the email via OWA either). I can open past messages, though! Help!!!! Thanks! I get that sometimes ...

Access 2003 databases running under Runtime 2007 ?
Hi all,Is it possible to run Access 2003 databases under the Runtime 2007 edition? Is the Runtime 2007 edition available? If yes, is it downloadable? Costs? Many thanks for your feedback in advance.Rgds,KE...

Outlook 2003 Default Mail Format
Someone told me that MS has changed the default format for emails to plain text in 2003. I'm not sure I accept that answer since they have included the new filtering programs and like to use Word as the default email editor as well as are building everything in XML and .NET. Doesn't follow that logic. Can someone confirm this default setting? -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Someone told you wrong. It's still HTML. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:J%gvb.17028$ow5....

Edit Nickname file in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know of a tool like ol2knick for outlook 2003. I am trying to edit the nickname file "Outlook.NK2" No such thing. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jay D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Exchange 2003 Equivalent to "sendmail -bt"?
We have a rather complex mail setup here, where mail groups often send mail to other mail groups. Back in our pre-Exchange days, we could verify that mails to an address were being sent to the correct places by using the sendmail -bt <group@domain.com> command. This would spit out a nice list of how mail would be routed within the server. Is there an equivalent in Exchange? My bosses have asked that when we make changes to mail groups, we QA them to make sure that mail will still flow properly. I'd like the output of the command to be in text format so I can copy & paste it into...

Ugrdng from SBS 2003 Premium SP1 to SBS 2003 Premium R2 affects CR
I have received from my Action Pack subscription, the SBS 2003 Premium R2 DVD and I want to upgrade my current production environment (SBS 2003 Premium SP1) to R2. Based on what I read about R2, I understand that I can upgrade SQL Server to 2005, but I do not know how it would affect my current CRM 3.0 installation. Can you please let me know if I can upgrade to SQL Svr 2005 and how to do that considering my CRM 3.0 installation? Thanks ...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Stop sbs 2008 migration
I started migrating sbs 2003 to sbs 2008. I have installed sbs 2008 on another server using the answer file and started the Migration wizard on the SBS 2008 after OS load. I have done the first three steps in the Migration wizard. Can I stop the migration? Can I forcefully take control back and remove the new sbs 2008 svr from my domain without any reprecussions? I want to start over. Call it poor planning or ignorance, but I made a bad call. I have this nice beefy server and should have virtualized SBS 2008. I didnt and now am asking for assistance to undo it. Any a...

Outlook 2003 over VPN
Hello, I am trying to connect Outlook 2003 over a VPN connection to exchange 2003 on server 2003. This connection works fine when I connect directly to my cable modem. But as soon as I go through my router I can no longer connect. If I use Outlook 2000 it works fine both ways. I do not have anything being blocked on my router that I can see. This exact same thing happens on some one elses computer at work here as well. Can anyone help me with why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Check DNS settings. Make sure you can ping Exchange server by fully qualified domain name...

ISA on single-NIC SBS 2003?
Hello! Can ISA 2004 be installed on a single-NIC SBS 2003 server or do I have to use two NICs? Gregg Hill Dear, This is neither an SBS nor an ISA forum, please post your SBS/ISA question in the correct group. One of the SBS forum is www.smallbizserver.net. For your information ISA only works with 2 NICs -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Gregg Hill" wrote: > Hello! > > Can ISA 2004 be installed on a single-NIC SBS 2003 server or do I have to > use two NICs? > > Gregg Hill > ...

Exchange 2003 & active directory
My active directory seems to be missing. I can not modify, delete preestablished email users but I can still create new users but not assign them to preestablished groups. Your AD is not missing. You do appear to be having problems though. Give us some more detailed information on your environment and the exact nature of the problems.. Nue "rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47C3505A-E532-4DE0-ADC8-F80C8A5402D7@microsoft.com... > My active directory seems to be missing. I can not modify, delete > preestablished email users but I can still ...

Outlook 2003 bug?
I recently purchased new machine w/ XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro. Prior to that I was using Office 2000 without any problems. Outlook 2003 has an account on my internal Exchange 5.5 server as well as an external SMTP/POP3 server (VPOP3). The SMTP/POP3 server is the server I use for Internet mail. The sporadic problems I am having thus far include; - multiple copies of the same message being received and not removed from the SMTP/POP3 server. Sometimes 17 copies of the same message will appear in the Inbox, other times, only a single copy may arrive, other times, there may be 4 copies, etc., ...

CRM 4.0 on SBS
Sorry for the x post....I didn't see this newsgroup at first. Hello, We have 10 users on an SBS 2003 (not r2). We want to install CRM 4.0. Am I correct that my options are : 1) Upgrade this server to SBS R2 Premium. Server is Dell PE 2.8 GHZ with 4 GB of RAM. 2) Purchase another Windows 2003 server with SQL 2005 and put on the network. Does having CRM on a server other than the Exchange server complicate installation or compromise functionality in any way? Thanks for any advice! -- J -- J You are correct, either upgrade to SBS Pro R2 (to get SQL 2005) or install on a second ser...