Typing :: Blank Text

Hello,

While typing a note in any situation, we get nothing but black text.
Hitting the enter key reveals the text you have typed but as you continue to
type it is blank until you hit the enter key.

Any suggestions here?

US Computer Group
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Full-Text Indexing performance
I've read where Microsoft recommends rebuilding your FTI once per week. However, I have one server with a 100GB information store & the FTI only indexes about 1.5-2GB per hour. If you do the math you'll see it's not feasable to reindex every week. The server is a brand-new Dell 2600 with dual P-IV 2.8 GHz CPU's, 3GB RAM and a dedicated mirrored set of drives for the FTI (system & transaction logs share a mirrored set & the databases are on a RAID-5 array). It's running Win2K3 & E2K3 (not SP1). The server only has about 70 mailboxes on it. Also, the over...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

Dcount with Text
I would like to use the something like the database count function DCOUNT to count the number of cells with specific text. For instance, in a database of schools, how many schools have electricity with the options being "HAVE" and "DOESN'T HAVE". I know I could manually add a column with 1s or 0s to achieve this, but is there away to do this with text?? Thanks =COUNTIF(range,"HAVE") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:52:20 -0500, "ChuckN" <Chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote: >I would like to use the something lik...

Text Box Formatting

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

neededing to make text pivot table if possible
I need to look at my employees names & the job they did on each particular day. Maybe something similar to the pivot table could help. Something that I could pull one persons name and every date & the job they did I could easily see. Or I could pull the job title and I could see the data that way. Is there a way to put this information into the spreadsheet in a certain way where some formula can help me?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jewels, If you show how your data is set out it may help to advise you. If you're staring from scratch, I'd make sure th...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

Comment: Default Text Size etc...
Hi, Can I change the default size of the comment, and the text within? I have tried to play with each one but that is a pain in the butt. I have searched for it to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you, Kevin Try this (It's a setting in windows, not in Excel): Right-click on any empty space in *windows desktop* > choose Properties Select Appearance tab* > click "Item" dropdown menu > choose "Tooltip" Choose a Font and Size to taste (You can also change the color here) Click OK > Apply > OK *If in WinXP, click "Advanced&qu...

convert text to numbers #3
I have negative numbers in my worksheet that are text such as –6.90%. I try converting them to number using the paste special multiple or add and they stay as text. When I sort the columns in descending order they continue to come out as text and right justified. could it be the the negative sign is not a real negative sign. –6.90% –5.61% –5.37% –35.80% Hi Copy one minus-sign Select the range with values. Check, that range is formatted as numeric or general. Replace all minus-signs with "-". It's done! (you had there 'long -', which you get when you enter double ...

Inserting a blank row with a macro?
Hello everyone. Is there any way I can create a macro that will compare two cells such as B1 and B2 and if they dont' match to insert a blank row after B1? Thanks in advance. Aaron Sub CompareEm() If [B1].Value <> [B2].Value Then [B2].EntireRow.Insert End If End Sub You can usually figure out things like this by recording a macro while you do it manually, then modify the code. Jerry Aaron Russell wrote: > Hello everyone. Is there any way I can create a macro that will compare two > cells such as B1 and B2 and if they dont' match to insert a bl...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...

How to convert CString type to LPCSTR type
Hi, I have a CString type variable, and I need to convert it's to LPCSTR type ,what I can do! example: CString m_strExecFile(_T("C:\\\\aa.exe")); next I want to call WinExec Command to execute this file LPCSTR lpcstr ; lpcstr = m_strExecFile.GetBuffer(); WinExec(lpcstr,SW_SHOW); BUT the compilier tells me it can not convert w_char * to LPCSTR type! Why? ps. I use vs2005 program in UNICODE mode. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -joseph Why use a CString in this case at all, if all you are doing is using it in WinExec. Something ...

Update a text box on a user form based on changes in another control
On my user form, I have a combo box which is linked to a named ranged. In this range is a list of possible fare types....for now lets just call them A to B, B to C, etc etc. When I select one of these fares in the combo box, I want to tab to another text box, and have the relevant fare cost appear in that box so the user can be certain of the cost involved. The corresponding fares are in the next column on the sheet beside the named range, but at present, when I tab to the text box I get either no result or an error message. I have been trying to use WorksheetFunctionVlookup....etc but obv...

copying text from an excel "box" that seems to be formatted

Sorting Contacts so that Blanks don't appear first
Hello, I just imported my contact email list from an excel file. In Outlook, the list appeared at the bottom of the contacts "space" so that there are a zillion blank lines before my "A"s even start... I can't seem to "delete" the blank lines.. Is there any way to sort so that my contacts appear followed by black spaces? I'd think the only sort would be a descending sort so Z appears at the top and blanks at the bottom. Personally I'd delete the potential blanks before importing. "Stilla" <Stilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Word Dutch should auto-summarize texts
Microsoft Office Word doesn't auto-summarize Dutch texts. Why not? :( I want it to auto-summarize Dutch texts but it just doesn't want to! Please Microsoft, make it possible! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/o...

why is my message area always blank?
I've just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003. When I type outoging e-mails whatever I put in the message area disappears and is not transmitted >-----Original Message----- >I've just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003. When I type outoging e-mails >whatever I put in the message area disappears and is not transmitted >. >I would reinstall the program again and delete the old one that you install to give you space on hard drive. ...

My outlook express show every message as blank!!!
I use outlook express 6 on Windows XP Pro it's work well until yesterday. when i click message to view it show only the topic but not the body message. The body message always blank and the mouse cursor show as busy pointer all the time. How can i solve this problem, I try to create new account but it's not work. Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Outlook Express belongs to Internet Explorer,not Office. You can also try this site for some excellent information on OE: http://...