Type A Accounts

Senior management just gave me a list of 1200 accounts that they would like
to run campaigns off of in Microsoft CRM.  It is in the form of a
spreadsheet.  Some of the businesses are in our system as accounts and some
are not.

They want to be sure that all the businesses in this spreadsheet are in CRM
as Accounts and are classified as Type A Accounts so that we can build
campaigns around them and track results.

What is the best way to do this?  -Bobby  x5532
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are different ways : Make the marketing list and add to campign :

Like :

1= make a new field on account form "Type A".

2= Make the advanced search and chose the creteria to select the
accounts for campign.

3= select all accounts and then click on "more action" and "Edit".
Enter the name "Type A"
 in field "Type A".

4= Select all accounts and click again on "more action" and then click
on "add to marketing list".

5= you can make campaign and add this marketing list to campaign.

/Aami

0
Aami

Forgot user name and password for my Windows mail account
Please let me know how to recove these items via email. Thanks. My email addresses: tchou@calpoly.edu; tchou@charter.net "Tom Chou" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote > Please let me know how to recove these > items via email. Thanks. My email addresses: > tchou@calpoly.edu; tchou@charter.net First, go to a newsgroup or forum for Windows, not this one for Access database software, and ask your question there. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP ...

save accounts similar outlook express
How I save account POP mails configurations in Outlook 2003 similar ao outlook express? thanks Marina Using the office save my settings wizard or a 3rd party program. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#accounts -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-ti...

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

trouble setting up e mail account
I set up the e mail account ,tried the ( test accont setting ) and it was succesful, but I am not able to receive or send any mail in the inbox, I am using outlook 2003, please any help!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mike Not enough info to help you. Type of email? Name of ISP? Did you receive the test email? If not, it didn't work. Remember Outlook does not work with free web mail. "mike" wrote: > I set up the e mail account ,tried the ( test accont setting ) and it was > succesful, but I am not able to receive or send any mail in the inbox, I am >...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...

How to convert CString type to LPCSTR type
Hi, I have a CString type variable, and I need to convert it's to LPCSTR type ,what I can do! example: CString m_strExecFile(_T("C:\\\\aa.exe")); next I want to call WinExec Command to execute this file LPCSTR lpcstr ; lpcstr = m_strExecFile.GetBuffer(); WinExec(lpcstr,SW_SHOW); BUT the compilier tells me it can not convert w_char * to LPCSTR type! Why? ps. I use vs2005 program in UNICODE mode. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -joseph Why use a CString in this case at all, if all you are doing is using it in WinExec. Something ...

Outlook doesn't send mail by default account
Hi, I have a Exchange server which we don't want to use to send emails (just yet) for varoius reasons. All our users connect directly to POP3 accounts to retrieve emails and emails are sent via SMTP directly through our ISP's mailserver. I have a problem sending emails to internal Exchange users in that Outlook seems to ignore the default mail account and sends emails via exchange. This is only a problem when users are working aways from the office, emails aren't delivered to them until the re-connect to the Exchange server. I'm assuming that Outlook is seeing that t...

Bank account manipulation
How can I prevent one of my bank account's transactions from appearing on my reports? Thank you In microsoft.public.money, sergei_vlad wrote: >How can I prevent one of my bank account's transactions from appearing on my >reports? Viewing the report, click Customize. Click the Account tab and deselect what you like. You can save the modified version as a Favorite if you like. can't find the Customize button where is it? I am using MS Money 2005 Premium Thank you "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, sergei_vlad wrote: > > >...

Filter by header to an exchange account
Greetings: I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" How can I "filter" messages with this header and direct them to a specific exchange mailbox/account instead of the original recipient? Thanks, Scott On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:31 -0600, "Scott" <scott@invalidUCE.com> wrote: >Greetings: > >I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It >tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" > >How can I "filter" mess...

Aggregate data types mismatch
Using reporting services 2008. Getting a really weird error when calculating a variance between a budget and actual amount in the report. Both the underlying fields are of data type 'money', but when performing the calc in the report writer, i am getting the following error: [rsAggregateOfMixedDataTypes] The Value expression for the textrun 'Variance_MTD_ActualvsBudget1.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' uses an aggregate function on data of varying data types. Aggregate functions other than First, Last, Previous, Count, and CountDistinct can only aggregate data of a si...

Outlook 2007 inbox stuck on "waiting to update"/embedded account i
I had one user who noticed at the bottom it said.. folder last updated at 12:00 pm.. (when of course it was later in the day).. they had no new emails.. it did say connected to Exchange.. All end users have Cached Exchange Mode on.. This is very odd.. i did find two workarounds.. First i did try removing the ost.. removing the profile.. I then re-added the account/profile.. All was fine until I added the second and third embedded exchange mailboxes. In this case it turned out the second embedded account was causing it to get stuck on "waiting to update" this folder, ...

Is there a way to identify shared accounts using SQL
Is there a way to identify which accounts are shared using an SQL query. Thanks Kim Cannon Sharing information is stored in the PrincipalObjectAccess table. "Kim Cannon" <KimCannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F89502-A9A3-45B6-AD5F-B89B3696E3CE@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to identify which accounts are shared using an SQL query. > > Thanks > > Kim Cannon It should also be pointed out that the PrincipalObjectAccess table is for display purposes only. When an account is shared, an entry is made into this table and the sharees S...

Change types
I hav got a letter with types that i cannot understand. When i mark some of the words, tells me that this type is sansserif. I think that this is a joke but i cannot find out how to change to arial or times new roman ...

No Attribute error when trying to save an account with parent acco
I tried to add a parent account to an account form. The name of the parent account is displayed correctly in account form, but when I press Save or Save and Close button, I get "No attribute" error on the screen. The information about the parent account is not saved. I have made few customizations, but really don´t think that they cause this problem. That´s because as long as I don´t touch the parent account field, save function works correctly. Who can I locate the reason for this problem? Hi, Setting a parent account is a quite basic action which should work...

Determining address of value type variables
How to get the address of(memory location) value type variables? GetHashCode() returns only value and not its address Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" wrote: > How to get the address of(memory location) value type variables? > > GetHashCode() returns only value and not its address > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj An address in memory and a hashcode have nothing to do with each other. You should rarely, if ever, need to get an address of any .net object. To get an address in memory, you need to use unsafe code and the "&a...

Permissions to Create Exchange Account
We have two AD domains (one is for our company and the other is for our sister company) in our Windows 2003 Forest. Our Exchange 2003 site resides in our domain called NET. Our sister company's domain is called SIS. We have most of the IT support here at our company and our sister company is somewhat technically challenged. How can we prevent our sister company's SIS\Administrator from being able to create mailboxes for their users. We don't care if they create their own user accounts but when a mailbox is to be created we need to be the ones to do it. Any ideas on how to re...