Two CRM Servers (1.2 and 3.0) in the same domain?

Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used
for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same
domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to
use for development.
--
Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
Applications Professional

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes you should be able to.  Just create a new OU in Active Directory to
install CRM 3.0 in. It's also in 3.0 it's not tied to any Organization name,
so you can name it what you like.

"MATTBIONDI" wrote:

> Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used
> for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same
> domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to
> use for development.
> --
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
> Applications Professional
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
> Customization

Can I create a new OU through the installation of the Microsoft CRM 3.0? I
just have to install with a different company name?

Thanks in advance!
--

"dtu11" wrote:

> Yes you should be able to.  Just create a new OU in Active Directory to
> install CRM 3.0 in. It's also in 3.0 it's not tied to any Organization name,
> so you can name it what you like.
>

> "MATTBIONDI" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used
> > for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same
> > domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to
> > use for development.
> > --
> > Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
> > Applications Professional
> > Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM
> > Customization

synchiing two computers?

Password for Hotfix 1.3.1011
I am furious right now. I got the hotfix via an Dynamics Support incident, and decided this weekend was a good time to do my install, only to find out that the password is no good (expired?). So I got in today at 6am for nothing, and don't know what to do or who to call. I updated my incident, but I doubt they will respond quickly. Anyone have a current password for this hotfix or a number I can call MS to get it? Check the email they sent you with the download link, they usually list current pass and future password. They also tell you that the passwords expire ;) "Jason"...

office 2003 & acrobat 5.0
We currently use acrobat 5.0 for emailing great plains reports. After installing office 2003, it didn't "like" the Adobe PDFMaker add-in installed. The result is you have to either update to Acrobat 6.0 or rename all occurrences of the Adobe Acrobat add-in for your Office 2003 program. Does anyone know for sure what version of Acrobat will work with both office 2003 and for producing great plains pdf business forms? Or is there another way out of this? Thanks. ...

Reporting error CRM
hi, I have an issue with reporting services on CRM 3.0. the SQL reporting server is located on the same windows server 2003 as CRM and SQL 2000 SP4. I'm able to connect to the Reporting Server by the url: http://myserver/Reports. When I select one of the default reports, it generates the following error: "The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError)" I found some posts with this error, but none of them gave me a solutio...

Archive File at 3 GB, but will not show e-mails
I have an archive file that is 3.5GB in Outlook 2007, stored locally, but when I open the file in Outlook, it does not show any e-mails. Tried it on multiple computers. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the e-mails to show? I ran scanpst.exe and it shows errors. Ran a repair and it still doesn't open. Thanks in advance! ...

Missing sections in CRM 3.0 using XP
I have upgraded my computer to XP PRO Sp2 and now I'm missing some sections, namely Setting on the left side of the screen. The Setting menu is in the GOTO menu but it doesn't work. I get a blank screen. Also the Articles function is missing in the NEW Menu. I can go to another computer running WIN2KPro and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a setting in the Internet Options of IE but I have compared and don't notice a difference. Yes, I have turned off the local firewall. Ernest ------=_NextPart_0001_7245F7CE Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

Stemplots #2
Is there away I can do a stemplot in Microsoft Excel ...

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

CRM sdk 1.2 published
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp John, Where can I download the dll? "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:eEINcxnzDHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp > > It should be on the 1.2 cd's "Lloyd Grose" <lloyd.grose@touchstone.co.uk> wrote in message news:OHo4iiwzDHA.2116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > John, &g...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Sharing Outlook calendar #2
Hi, I'm still very confused on the most appropriate way to share my calendar. I use Outlook working off Exchange Server. I need clients (who either use Outlook or Lotus Notes) to be able to see when I am free so that they can schedule meetings with me. I don't want them to see what my meetings are, just when I am free and when I am busy. Can anybody help? Thanks, Saul Oh yes, I'm using Outlook 2003. Not sure which version of Outlook clients are using (if they aren't using Notes). saul_margolis@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm still very confused on the...

CDO 1.21 programming bug
Has anyone else encountered this? When I run this code, Set objSession = New MAPI.Session objSession.Logon profileName:="Outlook" Set objMessage = objSession.Outbox.Messages.Add objMessage.Subject = "test" objMessage.Text = "test" Set objRecipient = objMessage.Recipients.Add objRecipient.Name = "RecipientEmail@Email.com" objRecipient.Type = 1 objRecipient.Resolve objMessage.Send it runs fine and sends the email. However, if I change the last line to objMessage.Send showDialog:=True it *intermittently* gives the error "Object Could Not be Found.&q...

CRM Mobile from a web client
We have a client that wants remote and mobile users to have a handheld device with Microsoft CRM Mobile instead of installing the Sales for Outlook client. They want their salespeople to access the CRM over the web and sync only their handheld device. Does the CRM Mobile require the Sales for Outlook client to be installed on the connected laptop or will the handheld device connect directly to the server from the cradle through a VPN connection? It will work with a laptop without Sales for Outlook. There are no CRM requirements on the laptop. "brett" wrote: > We have a...

Run-time error 1004 #2
hi I have a macro created and i recently changed the following from .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).TickLabels.NumberFormat = "0" to .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).TickLabels.NumberFormat = "0.0" and now when i run the whole macro get a run-time error 1004 Method 'SeriesCollection' of object'_Chart' failed end debug. Any suggestions this is part of the macro relating to the create char element Private Sub CreateChart(stSheetName As String, stX_Values As String stY_Values As String, _ stChartName As String, boCatVertical As Boolean) Dim chNewChart As Chart ...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0255_01C5B104.FD22F7C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_0255_01C5B104.FD22F7C0 Content-Type: te...

Simple calculations on CRM form
Hi. This might be an easy one for you developers :-) I need to do some simple calculation on a CRM 4.0 form. I have created 4 new fields: new_forecast_q1 new_forecast_q2 new_forecast_q3 new_forecast_q4 Now I want to sum these in one field. like this: new_forecast_total=new_forecast_q1+new_forecast_q2new_forecast_q3+new_forecast_q4 How to? Best regards Jacob Mondrup On Feb 18, 7:17=A0pm, "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant" <j...@vivant.dk> wrote: > Hi. > > This might be an easy one for you developers :-) > > I need to do some simple calculation on a CRM 4.0 form...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

MS CRM Key
I also have requested a Key for my action pack sub. I have tried 3 times and still have not heard anything. I also put a trouble ticket in was responded to and was send a new activation form......... I thought that they would send me the key, so I am back at ground ZERO with installed software and no key. Tom Davis MS Action Pack Subscriber ...

Can internet side ISA to internal SSL web sever be proxied with Kerberos Protocol translation to exchange OWA on a different server?
In a Windows 2003 domain. With Exchage 2003 and ISA 2000. Is it possible to have internet web connection from ISA go to internal IIS web server that has SSL, then proxy that connection to internal Exchange Server OWA. In other words use the existing web server's certificate to force authentication for web client and set up a proxy for web access between web server and Exchange OWA which is located on a different box then the IIS web server. SSL credentials could be passed with Kerberos protocol translation to Exchange OWA This would be for a non-production, small test domain use...

How do I autodate(excel) every 7 days ex. 1/1/06-1/31/06?