TWO CRM SERVERS 02-03-06

Is it possible to install two CRM Servers in the same domain using a single
Exchange Server?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It will work four outbound email, but even with the v3.0 router changes, I
do not know if it will work for inbound email.  Probably need to check with
support on this for sure.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is it possible to install two CRM Servers in the same domain using a single
Exchange Server?

0
Matt
2/6/2006 10:00:47 PM
yes it is.

NOTE: This is already assuming you have two CRM environments install in your
domain.

1. Create a mailbox for the first deployment. crm@mbs.com

2. Create another mailbox for the second deployment. crm2@mbs.com

3. Install the E-Mail Router on the exchange Server

4. During the Setup, specify crm@mbs.com and the name of the CRM server for

the first deployment.

5. Deploy the first deployment rules to forward emails to crm@mbs.com to

the deployment 1 users.

6. Deploy the second deployment rules to forward emails to crm2@mbs.com to

the deployment 2 users.

7. Open the registry on the exchange server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSCRMExRouterService

8. Add the second deployment to the MailServerURL key so you will

have something like this:

                http://crmserver1;MS1098012;domain.com;crm1

                http://crmserver2;MS1098012;domain.com;crm2

The above format is (http://crmservername;exchangeserver;domain.com;mailbox)

9. Then in CRM go to Settings-Settings-Customizations-Change

Settings-System Settings (In TAP3 - Settings-Settings-Organization

Settings-System Settings).  Under the Email Tracking tab change the ID Base

for the second environment from 0 to 1.

10. Restart the CRM E-mail Router Service. (Possibly restart the exchange
server if possible).

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to install two CRM Servers in the same domain using a
> single
> Exchange Server?

0
John
2/8/2006 2:39:13 AM
John This helps me as well (or will ) once I get past the issue I am having

Same Question : new Twist

We have an existing CRM server 1.2 that is Choking on a Virtual Server. We
are ready to move it off there and onto a server by itself, and the SQL
database on a separate server.  How do we accomplish this task?

We still want to have the first server running, just need to get the second
one up and running in the same domain , with the same OU name.  Then
eventually remove the old server for good after we have proven replication
and activity.

Assume the following : No one here knows diddly about CRM , also assume that
we only have one functioning CRM server , the original.

> yes it is.
>
> NOTE: This is already assuming you have two CRM environments install in your
> domain.
>

> 1. Create a mailbox for the first deployment. crm@mbs.com
>
> 2. Create another mailbox for the second deployment. crm2@mbs.com
>
> 3. Install the E-Mail Router on the exchange Server
>
> 4. During the Setup, specify crm@mbs.com and the name of the CRM server for
>
> the first deployment.
>
> 5. Deploy the first deployment rules to forward emails to crm@mbs.com to
>
> the deployment 1 users.
>
> 6. Deploy the second deployment rules to forward emails to crm2@mbs.com to
>
> the deployment 2 users.
>
> 7. Open the registry on the exchange server.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSCRMExRouterService
>
> 8. Add the second deployment to the MailServerURL key so you will
>
> have something like this:
>
>                 http://crmserver1;MS1098012;domain.com;crm1
>
>                 http://crmserver2;MS1098012;domain.com;crm2
>
> The above format is (http://crmservername;exchangeserver;domain.com;mailbox)
>
> 9. Then in CRM go to Settings-Settings-Customizations-Change
>
> Settings-System Settings (In TAP3 - Settings-Settings-Organization
>
> Settings-System Settings).  Under the Email Tracking tab change the ID Base
>
> for the second environment from 0 to 1.
>
> 10. Restart the CRM E-mail Router Service. (Possibly restart the exchange
> server if possible).
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to install two CRM Servers in the same domain using a
> > single
> > Exchange Server?

Hi. Is it possible if one of the CRM installastions is CRM 1.2?

Nils-Petter

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> yes it is.
>
> NOTE: This is already assuming you have two CRM environments install in your
> domain.
>

> 1. Create a mailbox for the first deployment. crm@mbs.com
>
> 2. Create another mailbox for the second deployment. crm2@mbs.com
>
> 3. Install the E-Mail Router on the exchange Server
>
> 4. During the Setup, specify crm@mbs.com and the name of the CRM server for
>
> the first deployment.
>
> 5. Deploy the first deployment rules to forward emails to crm@mbs.com to
>
> the deployment 1 users.
>
> 6. Deploy the second deployment rules to forward emails to crm2@mbs.com to
>
> the deployment 2 users.
>
> 7. Open the registry on the exchange server.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSCRMExRouterService
>
> 8. Add the second deployment to the MailServerURL key so you will
>
> have something like this:
>
>                 http://crmserver1;MS1098012;domain.com;crm1
>
>                 http://crmserver2;MS1098012;domain.com;crm2
>
> The above format is (http://crmservername;exchangeserver;domain.com;mailbox)
>
> 9. Then in CRM go to Settings-Settings-Customizations-Change
>
> Settings-System Settings (In TAP3 - Settings-Settings-Organization
>
> Settings-System Settings).  Under the Email Tracking tab change the ID Base
>
> for the second environment from 0 to 1.
>
> 10. Restart the CRM E-mail Router Service. (Possibly restart the exchange
> server if possible).
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to install two CRM Servers in the same domain using a
> > single
> > Exchange Server?

synchiing two computers?

Reporting error CRM
hi, I have an issue with reporting services on CRM 3.0. the SQL reporting server is located on the same windows server 2003 as CRM and SQL 2000 SP4. I'm able to connect to the Reporting Server by the url: http://myserver/Reports. When I select one of the default reports, it generates the following error: "The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError)" I found some posts with this error, but none of them gave me a solutio...

Error Code 80070490 03-22-10
I've tried understanding all the other posts with the same problem but I'm not computer smart at all and I'm completely lost. I have Windows Vista and I've read that you have to restore your system to fix this problem, but first off I have absolutely no idea how to do that, second, I just have way too much stuff on my computer that I can't imagine losing. I'm fine with restoring my system if someone could help me figure out how, and if someone could tell me someway I could save all my stuff, or move it and put it back on after. I have mostly software that ...

Missing sections in CRM 3.0 using XP
I have upgraded my computer to XP PRO Sp2 and now I'm missing some sections, namely Setting on the left side of the screen. The Setting menu is in the GOTO menu but it doesn't work. I get a blank screen. Also the Articles function is missing in the NEW Menu. I can go to another computer running WIN2KPro and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a setting in the Internet Options of IE but I have compared and don't notice a difference. Yes, I have turned off the local firewall. Ernest ------=_NextPart_0001_7245F7CE Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

CRM sdk 1.2 published
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp John, Where can I download the dll? "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:eEINcxnzDHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp > > It should be on the 1.2 cd's "Lloyd Grose" <lloyd.grose@touchstone.co.uk> wrote in message news:OHo4iiwzDHA.2116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > John, &g...

CRM Mobile from a web client
We have a client that wants remote and mobile users to have a handheld device with Microsoft CRM Mobile instead of installing the Sales for Outlook client. They want their salespeople to access the CRM over the web and sync only their handheld device. Does the CRM Mobile require the Sales for Outlook client to be installed on the connected laptop or will the handheld device connect directly to the server from the cradle through a VPN connection? It will work with a laptop without Sales for Outlook. There are no CRM requirements on the laptop. "brett" wrote: > We have a...

SQL syntax error 01-03-08
Hi, I got this error ("syntax error") when execute my SQL statement (UPDATE tblPrice SET UnitPrice = " & curPrice WHERE ProductID=25) in my client, I figured out that the regional setting trigger this error, because curPrice variable contain 13,45 (so they use coma instead of point = 13.45) follow the local regionall setting. How to overcome this issue? I still want to use local regional setting. TIA Yanto hi, yanto wrote: > I got this error ("syntax error") when execute my SQL statement > (UPDATE tblPrice SET UnitPrice = " & curPrice WHERE Prod...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Simple calculations on CRM form
Hi. This might be an easy one for you developers :-) I need to do some simple calculation on a CRM 4.0 form. I have created 4 new fields: new_forecast_q1 new_forecast_q2 new_forecast_q3 new_forecast_q4 Now I want to sum these in one field. like this: new_forecast_total=new_forecast_q1+new_forecast_q2new_forecast_q3+new_forecast_q4 How to? Best regards Jacob Mondrup On Feb 18, 7:17=A0pm, "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant" <j...@vivant.dk> wrote: > Hi. > > This might be an easy one for you developers :-) > > I need to do some simple calculation on a CRM 4.0 form...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

How do I autodate(excel) every 7 days ex. 1/1/06-1/31/06?
Enter 1/1/2006 in A1 In A2 enter =A1+7 Drag/copy down. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:36:03 -0800, "tlk1214" <tlk1214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Can internet side ISA to internal SSL web sever be proxied with Kerberos Protocol translation to exchange OWA on a different server?
In a Windows 2003 domain. With Exchage 2003 and ISA 2000. Is it possible to have internet web connection from ISA go to internal IIS web server that has SSL, then proxy that connection to internal Exchange Server OWA. In other words use the existing web server's certificate to force authentication for web client and set up a proxy for web access between web server and Exchange OWA which is located on a different box then the IIS web server. SSL credentials could be passed with Kerberos protocol translation to Exchange OWA This would be for a non-production, small test domain use...

MS CRM Key
I also have requested a Key for my action pack sub. I have tried 3 times and still have not heard anything. I also put a trouble ticket in was responded to and was send a new activation form......... I thought that they would send me the key, so I am back at ground ZERO with installed software and no key. Tom Davis MS Action Pack Subscriber ...

Promoting emails to CRM 05-27-04
Hi, We are having a problem when promoting emails. If we promote an email and the person is an account / oppourtunity it always seems to map to the correct person ok. If they are a lead, it does not - you then have to find the person and map manually. I suspect that the mapping is only against the people in Contacts - when we promote leads, we create contacts as well. Is this correct? If so, is there any way we can get it to look against the lead email addresses as well? Mark Ok, I have found that this is the case. I want to automatically create a contact record each time a lead is added...

CRM workflows do absolutely nothing
I have a CRM system with a professional suite license and am trying to set up a number of work flow rules. I can apparently create the rules and workflow manager shows they are created and active. I can create the opportunities on which the workflows depend at which point nothing happens. CRM just behaves as though workflows do not exist. I remember doing this on the CRM customisation course when it seemed to work (albeit rather tempermentally) but when I try it in the office there is no effect whatsoever. I currently have rule something like Object : Opportunity View : Rule...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

General CRM 3.0 questions
We are considering using CRM 3 in our SBS IT consulting firm. Our current environment consists of the following: - SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003 - Timetracker MX with QB interface that we use on our Audiovox 6600 PPC phone to track time that is then uploaded to QB for invoicing. - QB for accouting and invoicing - Outlook 2003 that syncronizes with our PPC phone to track contacts, notes, appointments, and tasks. My questions are as follows: - With CRM what sync capabilities will I have with my PPC phone and Outlook. Hi Mark, CRM will not change any sync capabilities between your phone and Ou...

Total Failure of CRM/SQL
I am (was) running CRM 1.2 and SQL 2000 SP3 on the same box when CRM started acting funny and finally i couldn't access the web interface anymore. The box was still running (W2K3)so I backed up the databases with NT backup. Now, i rebuilt the server and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the CRM data following the IG. Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you have a backup of the sql database? If you have a backup of the database you can restore and do a reinstall of CRM, dont try to restore the crm program as well. Just restore the database, install CRM and point it to the database. >-...

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...