Troubleshooting CRM Email

I've set up CRM on SBS 2000, everything, including the 
crm email router installed fine. I get a pretty 
nondescript error when sending an email from the browser. 
Basically, I hit "Send" & after it works a bit I 
get "Error An error has occurred. For more information, 
contact your system administrator." Primary email 
accounts reference the correct email accounts. 
Inbound/Outbbound email definitely is working on the 
server, as Outlook works fine. Any help would be greatly 
appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
SeanD
0
SeanD
11/8/2003 12:50:10 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

16 Replies
168 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

Sean,

Check the event log on the SBS box.  There will be more information there.

"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:03e001c3a592$434eecc0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
I've set up CRM on SBS 2000, everything, including the
crm email router installed fine. I get a pretty
nondescript error when sending an email from the browser.
Basically, I hit "Send" & after it works a bit I
get "Error An error has occurred. For more information,
contact your system administrator." Primary email
accounts reference the correct email accounts.
Inbound/Outbbound email definitely is working on the
server, as Outlook works fine. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
SeanD


0
Matt
11/10/2003 3:26:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Matt. I checked the event log, I 
have some Cystal services errors upon boot, but when I 
checked they're all running. I suspect its probably 
loading order issue. There are a handful of perflib 
errors I haven't had the chance to track down. I've 
noticed, That pretty much seems to be it. I've noticed, 
however, that when opening the CRM website on the client 
I get prompted with a login - once upon first opening the 
site, and then in a second instance upon trying to send 
email. I'm wondering now if it might be a permissions 
problem. I'll be looking at this this afternoon, so any 
thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
SeanD

>-----Original Message-----
>Sean,
>
>Check the event log on the SBS box.  There will be more 
information there.
>
>"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:03e001c3a592$434eecc0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I've set up CRM on SBS 2000, everything, including the
>crm email router installed fine. I get a pretty
>nondescript error when sending an email from the browser.
>Basically, I hit "Send" & after it works a bit I
>get "Error An error has occurred. For more information,
>contact your system administrator." Primary email
>accounts reference the correct email accounts.
>Inbound/Outbbound email definitely is working on the
>server, as Outlook works fine. Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.
>Thanks in advance!
>SeanD
>
>
>.
>
0
SeanD
11/10/2003 8:06:02 PM
Sean,

If you are getting an error from CRM, there should be something in the Event
Log.  It will log details on the error there.

You are correct about the Crystal issue.  The supporting services will
typically log an error indicating they can't find the APS service (which
hasn't competed startup yet).  Then later, they will log an info msg saying
they have registered with the APS.

The login issue is something you will need to resolve.  CRM relies on the
integrated security, so if that isn't working, there could be other
ramifications.

Matt

"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:040501c3a7c6$10aecc00$a101280a@phx.gbl...
Thanks for the reply Matt. I checked the event log, I
have some Cystal services errors upon boot, but when I
checked they're all running. I suspect its probably
loading order issue. There are a handful of perflib
errors I haven't had the chance to track down. I've
noticed, That pretty much seems to be it. I've noticed,
however, that when opening the CRM website on the client
I get prompted with a login - once upon first opening the
site, and then in a second instance upon trying to send
email. I'm wondering now if it might be a permissions
problem. I'll be looking at this this afternoon, so any
thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
SeanD

>-----Original Message-----
>Sean,
>
>Check the event log on the SBS box.  There will be more
information there.
>
>"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:03e001c3a592$434eecc0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I've set up CRM on SBS 2000, everything, including the
>crm email router installed fine. I get a pretty
>nondescript error when sending an email from the browser.
>Basically, I hit "Send" & after it works a bit I
>get "Error An error has occurred. For more information,
>contact your system administrator." Primary email
>accounts reference the correct email accounts.
>Inbound/Outbbound email definitely is working on the
>server, as Outlook works fine. Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.
>Thanks in advance!
>SeanD
>
>
>.
>


0
Matt
11/10/2003 8:28:43 PM
Sorry about the previous post Matt, I was wrong - I just 
forgot to hit refresh in the event log. Here is the 
resulting error message in the event log:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		11/10/2003
Time:		2:23:03 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	AWC1
Description:
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
-----------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
Error: <description>An unexpected error 
occurred.</description><details>An error occurred 
attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to 
host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</lin
e>

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch 
the email : Could not connect to host

Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext 
context)
   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 


0
SeanD
11/10/2003 8:28:56 PM
Matt, I posted another response to your initial reply - 
could you please check it? I'm referring to that other 
post rather than reposting in hopes that things wont get 
too confusing.
Thanks,
SeanD
0
SeanD
11/10/2003 9:55:52 PM
Sean,

In the Registry, there is a MailServerURL key under
Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM.  For some reason, the install like
to put both the URL & IP address both in this entry.  Remove the IP address
and try again.

Matt


"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:036e01c3a7c9$43bc60f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
Sorry about the previous post Matt, I was wrong - I just
forgot to hit refresh in the event log. Here is the
resulting error message in the event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft CRM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2
Date: 11/10/2003
Time: 2:23:03 PM
User: N/A
Computer: AWC1
Description:
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
-----------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
Error: <description>An unexpected error
occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</lin
e>

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
the email : Could not connect to host

Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)



0
Matt
11/10/2003 9:56:04 PM
Matt,
Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still 
have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login 
occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great. 
And while I haven't had the chance to play with the 
outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install 
problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
SeanD
0
anonymous
11/10/2003 11:20:14 PM
Matt & SeanD,

We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your "fix"
doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses in the
first place.

What is the name and value of your key?

I have a key called
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1

which is a REG_SZ with a value of
http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF

Is this correct or similar to what you have?

Thanks in advance
Alex

PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business Solutions UK
on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Matt,
> Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> SeanD


0
Alex
11/13/2003 4:33:42 PM
Alex,

Seeing as v1.2 of CRM (to be released in Dec) will be the international
version, I'm surprised MBS in UK hasn't heard about it.  However, I doubt
they would support you yet anyway.

The reg key should be as you describe it.  That seems correct.  One thing
you could try from your CRM machine is to see if you could browse to the
following URL:

http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.SRF

This should return a SOAP msg.  Also, does your Exchange server require SSL?

"Alex Oldman" <Alex.Oldman@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:eZRdoPgqDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Matt & SeanD,

We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your "fix"
doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses in the
first place.

What is the name and value of your key?

I have a key called
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1

which is a REG_SZ with a value of
http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF

Is this correct or similar to what you have?

Thanks in advance
Alex

PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business Solutions UK
on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Matt,
> Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> SeanD



0
Matt
11/13/2003 4:43:19 PM
Alex

I used to work for Microsoft UK Support so would recommend if you need
support on CRM you call them back and if the engineer does not know anything
about CRM ask to speak to his manager as I can assure you Microsoft UK knows
all about CRM.



"Alex Oldman" <Alex.Oldman@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:eZRdoPgqDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Matt & SeanD,
>
> We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your "fix"
> doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses in the
> first place.
>
> What is the name and value of your key?
>
> I have a key called
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1
>
> which is a REG_SZ with a value of
> http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF
>
> Is this correct or similar to what you have?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex
>
> PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business Solutions
UK
> on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > Matt,
> > Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> > have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> > occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> > And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> > outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> > problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> > SeanD
>
>


0
John
11/13/2003 7:04:24 PM
Matt,

Many thanks for your response which pointed me in the right direction. I
have now resolved the problem.

When I browsed to the URL
http://server1/mscrmconnector/icrmemaildispatchsdl.srf I got HTTP error
401.3 (access denied by ACL on resource).

That lead me to open up file permissions on the MSCRMCONNECTOR folder. I
added Everyone to have read permissions to that folder.

When I subsequently viewed the .SRF page via a browser, I got two text
boxes.

Users have confirmed that the email functionality now works.

Cheers
Alex

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@removetoX_Xyahoo.Com> wrote in message
news:%23ki$CVgqDHA.2584@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Alex,
>
> Seeing as v1.2 of CRM (to be released in Dec) will be the international
> version, I'm surprised MBS in UK hasn't heard about it.  However, I doubt
> they would support you yet anyway.
>
> The reg key should be as you describe it.  That seems correct.  One thing
> you could try from your CRM machine is to see if you could browse to the
> following URL:
>
> http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.SRF
>
> This should return a SOAP msg.  Also, does your Exchange server require
SSL?
>
> "Alex Oldman" <Alex.Oldman@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:eZRdoPgqDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Matt & SeanD,
>
> We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your "fix"
> doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses in the
> first place.
>
> What is the name and value of your key?
>
> I have a key called
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1
>
> which is a REG_SZ with a value of
> http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF
>
> Is this correct or similar to what you have?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex
>
> PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business Solutions
UK
> on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > Matt,
> > Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> > have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> > occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> > And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> > outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> > problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> > SeanD
>
>
>


0
Alex
11/14/2003 9:53:40 AM
Thanks John,

I wasn't dissing Microsoft Business Solutions support in the UK, just found
it frustrating that with a valid Microsoft Support contract I was unable to
speak to a product specialist when I rang the UK number. I ended up leaving
a voicemail message and I still havn't got a call.

Normally Microsoft get top marks for their product support from me. On this
occasion I suppose that I was asking too much to get support on a product
not yet official released in the UK.

Plus Matt and Sean have helped me sort my problem out.

Cheers for the idea anyway
Alex

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:uFzI1jhqDHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Alex
>
> I used to work for Microsoft UK Support so would recommend if you need
> support on CRM you call them back and if the engineer does not know
anything
> about CRM ask to speak to his manager as I can assure you Microsoft UK
knows
> all about CRM.
>
>
>
> "Alex Oldman" <Alex.Oldman@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:eZRdoPgqDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Matt & SeanD,
> >
> > We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your "fix"
> > doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses in
the
> > first place.
> >
> > What is the name and value of your key?
> >
> > I have a key called
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1
> >
> > which is a REG_SZ with a value of
> > http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF
> >
> > Is this correct or similar to what you have?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Alex
> >
> > PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business Solutions
> UK
> > on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!
> >
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > > Matt,
> > > Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> > > have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> > > occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> > > And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> > > outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> > > problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> > > SeanD
> >
> >
>
>


0
Alex
11/14/2003 4:46:06 PM
I'm having the same problem - 

Is it a bad thing if there is no key under this on the 
CRM Server?

Just wondering if I missed a step.


>-----Original Message-----
>Sean,
>
>In the Registry, there is a MailServerURL key under
>Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM.  For some 
reason, the install like
>to put both the URL & IP address both in this entry.  
Remove the IP address
>and try again.
>
>Matt
>
>
>"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:036e01c3a7c9$43bc60f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>Sorry about the previous post Matt, I was wrong - I just
>forgot to hit refresh in the event log. Here is the
>resulting error message in the event log:
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: Microsoft CRM
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 2
>Date: 11/10/2003
>Time: 2:23:03 PM
>User: N/A
>Computer: AWC1
>Description:
>MSCRM Platform Error Report:
>---------------------------------------------------------
--
>---------------------------------------------
>Error: <description>An unexpected error
>occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
>host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
>\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</l
in
>e>
>
>Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>
>Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
>the email : Could not connect to host
>
>Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
>\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>
>Line Number: 47
>
>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>(Exception e)
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>context)
>   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous
11/20/2003 5:05:51 PM
That most likely indicates you didn't install the Exchange Router properly.
You should try re-installing the Router.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:07b001c3af88$8d538560$3101280a@phx.gbl...
I'm having the same problem -

Is it a bad thing if there is no key under this on the
CRM Server?

Just wondering if I missed a step.


>-----Original Message-----
>Sean,
>
>In the Registry, there is a MailServerURL key under
>Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM.  For some
reason, the install like
>to put both the URL & IP address both in this entry.
Remove the IP address
>and try again.
>
>Matt
>
>
>"SeanD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:036e01c3a7c9$43bc60f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>Sorry about the previous post Matt, I was wrong - I just
>forgot to hit refresh in the event log. Here is the
>resulting error message in the event log:
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: Microsoft CRM
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 2
>Date: 11/10/2003
>Time: 2:23:03 PM
>User: N/A
>Computer: AWC1
>Description:
>MSCRM Platform Error Report:
>---------------------------------------------------------
--
>---------------------------------------------
>Error: <description>An unexpected error
>occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
>host</details><file>D:\mscrm\Build\3017
>\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h</file><line>47</l
in
>e>
>
>Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>
>Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
>the email : Could not connect to host
>
>Source File: D:\mscrm\Build\3017
>\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>
>Line Number: 47
>
>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>(Exception e)
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>context)
>   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>
>
>
>.
>


0
Matt
11/20/2003 5:25:16 PM
Hey Matt,

I am having the same issue as the others with sending email through
outlook using CRM.  I do have the registry key, and all seems correct.
However, when I try to browse to this URL from the CRM server, I get a
404 not found error?

http://server/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF

The other thing I noticed, when looking in this MSCRMConnector
directory on my exchange server, is that there are no .SRF files in
there?  It only has an .exe with about 6 other .dll files?  Is that
normal?

Thanks,
Mike


Matt Parks wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Seeing as v1.2 of CRM (to be released in Dec) will be the
international
> version, I'm surprised MBS in UK hasn't heard about it.  However, I
doubt
> they would support you yet anyway.
>
> The reg key should be as you describe it.  That seems correct.  One
thing
> you could try from your CRM machine is to see if you could browse to
the
> following URL:
>
> http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.SRF
>
> This should return a SOAP msg.  Also, does your Exchange server
require SSL?
>
> "Alex Oldman" <Alex.Oldman@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:eZRdoPgqDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Matt & SeanD,
>
> We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your
"fix"
> doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses
in the
> first place.
>
> What is the name and value of your key?
>
> I have a key called
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1
>
> which is a REG_SZ with a value of
> http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF
>
> Is this correct or similar to what you have?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alex
>
> PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business
Solutions UK
> on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > Matt,
> > Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> > have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> > occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> > And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> > outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> > problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> > SeanD

0
mvanzwieten
12/13/2004 5:10:37 PM
as a quick test try de-install/reinstall the connector



-- 
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx


<mvanzwieten@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1102957837.508453.185290@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hey Matt,
>
> I am having the same issue as the others with sending email through
> outlook using CRM.  I do have the registry key, and all seems correct.
> However, when I try to browse to this URL from the CRM server, I get a
> 404 not found error?
>
> http://server/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF
>
> The other thing I noticed, when looking in this MSCRMConnector
> directory on my exchange server, is that there are no .SRF files in
> there?  It only has an .exe with about 6 other .dll files?  Is that
> normal?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
>
> Matt Parks wrote:
> > Alex,
> >
> > Seeing as v1.2 of CRM (to be released in Dec) will be the
> international
> > version, I'm surprised MBS in UK hasn't heard about it.  However, I
> doubt
> > they would support you yet anyway.
> >
> > The reg key should be as you describe it.  That seems correct.  One
> thing
> > you could try from your CRM machine is to see if you could browse to
> the
> > following URL:
> >
> > http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatchSDL.SRF
> >
> > This should return a SOAP msg.  Also, does your Exchange server
> require SSL?
> >
> > "Alex Oldman" <Alex.Oldman@NOSPAM.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > news:eZRdoPgqDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Matt & SeanD,
> >
> > We have exactly the same errors that you are describing, but your
> "fix"
> > doesn't seem to have worked for us. We didn't have any IP addresses
> in the
> > first place.
> >
> > What is the name and value of your key?
> >
> > I have a key called
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl\Server1
> >
> > which is a REG_SZ with a value of
> > http://Server1/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SRF
> >
> > Is this correct or similar to what you have?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Alex
> >
> > PS I just tried to get Premier Support from Microsoft Business
> Solutions UK
> > on this issue, but nobody had heard of CRM!
> >
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:033101c3a7e1$320144d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> > > Matt,
> > > Thank you so much! That totally did the trick. I still
> > > have to figure out why I'm prompted with a login
> > > occaissionally, but email inbound/outbound works great.
> > > And while I haven't had the chance to play with the
> > > outlook client, it seemed to solve the client install
> > > problem I had, too. Now I can go home happy.
> > > SeanD
>


0
John
12/14/2004 1:52:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

BCM imports to CRM? Where?!
I've spent five hours online searching the web, microsoft support, CRM help files, program files folders, etc. and I find hundreds of references that say "Oh yes, it's easy to import data from Business Contact Manager to CRM 3.0!" but not ONE single reference on how to do it. Either my search skills are terrible or this is one well-kept secret. The Bulk Import Wizard only imports from .txt or .csv files. Can some please directly answer the question: How do I import from Business Contact Manager to MS CRM 3.0? Where do I find the tool(s)? TIA, James Hoiby Hi Export...

meeting request through email
I want to send a meeting request through email in asp.net (C#). Not attachment. When the "meeting request" email is received, there are "accept", "deline" button on it. I wonder if it is possible. If yes, could please give a code example. Better ask this in one of the programming newsgroups down the hall. They all start with outlook.program_ Good luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questio...

ZIP/PostCodes and CRM
How do you link the Post Code Database so that when you time in Post Code it populates the Address fields? About the only supported method for doing this would be to do something with a post-callout, but that would not get feedback to the user in a very timely manner. There are some address verification products that you could try, I know Quick Address (qas.com) has one that ties into MSCRM. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 05:30:03 -0700, Jim Prendergast <JimPrendergast@discussions.micr...

expand CRM database
could we expand CRM database and add more fields? Hi, Yes this is possible. This is called customization in crm and is possible for all the normal entities like contacts, accounts, opportunities, leads etc. Microsoft created a tool called 'Deployment manager' for this which is delivered with the application. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "shm" wrote: > could we expand CRM database and add more fields? ...

save to email
I just used microsoft publisher 2007 and made a seven page 8.5 x 11 document with pictures in it. It only saves it in publisher if I try emailing it it emails the whole publisher program with the page. The text just saves with no pictures in my documents. I am trying to email the document. I have downloaded everything I can find on the internet. When I click email nothing happens. I have tried to save it as a pdf as a picture and it only saves the text. Please help....thanks Joy what email client are you using? you can't have a 7 page email - emails are not paginated...

Outlook Express synchronization of all Outlook email
I recently made the blunder of adding my Exchange Server into my OE accounts. The next time I accessed a newsgroup I got to watch as all of my email was MOVED from my OL inbox to my OE inbox. If only the dialog box had popped up and asked me if I really wanted to do this! I have since found the box that deals with synchronization and chosen the proper format to no longer do this. Is there any way to reverse the process, or am I stuck with forwarding myself all 500+ messages. Yeah, I know - that's why you keep a short list of messages! TIA You could always try the Import option in...

How to automatic sort email into folder plus download the attachem
Hi, I have this surveillance camera which will send email when its detected motion. In a typical day, it will send out hundreds of emails attached with short video clips of what it detected. I know how to redirect these email into my designated folder but can the outlook automatically download the attachement into my hard drive (my desired folder) as opening each email and save the video clips is troublesome. Anyone there to help. I believe this is common for nowadays as most of us have surveillance camera at home. Nelson No, you would need a third party 'attachment...

CRM Alerts
This is a comment from one of our clients: as for the alarms...we’re just working within Outlook right now...I just don’t understand that a powerful program like this doesn’t have built-in alarms....that’s just stupid in my book...there should be something with-in the system...hell simple Act has that...Goldmine has that...and those are cheapass programs...I could never have conceived a mega program like MS CRM wouldn’t have alarms...and I can’t make the work flow create an email to simulate an alarm for a task or call...so I’m a little tee off about that...I think MS should make a upd...

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

Can we customize CRm to fit our business model?
We're a general agent in the insurance industry. We have several independent agents that choose to work with us. We want to push & track leads out to them via email. We're willing to manually track the results. We would also want to market to the agents in selected counties or regions. We need to be able to recruit newly licensed agents. We have seminars and additional training classes we offer. Any suggestions on how to setup & customize CRM to fit that model? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Carter, Yes, you can customize MSCRM to fit your business mode...

Deleting a role in Microsoft CRM causes the Microsoft CRM program to become inaccessible
Hi Does anyone know whether this is still an issue with CRM v1.2? Do I still have to install the patch as described in this FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832908&Product=MBSCRM Deleting a role in Microsoft CRM causes the Microsoft CRM program to become inaccessible SYMPTOMS If you delete a role in Microsoft CRM, the Microsoft CRM program may become inaccessible. CAUSE Deleting a sub-business role that was inherited from a parent business causes a Microsoft CRM program to stop working. TQ, Jeff CORCEL SYSTEMS SDN BHD, www.corcelsystems.com We design a...

CRM problem #2 #2
I am testing the basic CRM configuration for a client. I have installed the VPC version on a Windows XP machine and also the 90 day version. on a Small Business Server. VPC version is here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en and 90 day if Client and Server here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en On the VPV version, I noticed that Outlook 2003 was there. When I tried to install the client (desktop) version on the Small Business Server...

Troubleshoot
I am find an error in this statement, and the error shown is "Application defined error or object defined error" ActiveSheet.Range(Chr(r + 64 + 0) & c).Formula = "=index(" & Chr(11 + 64) & "2:" & Chr(11 + 64) & (max_date) & ",match(" & Chr(1 + 64) & r & ",L2:L" & max_row & "))" The above statement basically used to match the data from one column with any column, corresponding to the indexed column. used for matching dates and times Could any one please solve this First, you can use oth...

Email Router #4
Hi All I have one problem I have CRM 4.0 with email router and Exchange 2003 on my network, I give to my exchange Relay acces from my CRM. All Mails whit my domain @asasasa.com its works fine, but when I send mail to outside @hotmail.com fails From CRM Y type Telenet port 25 helo mail from:dasdasd@asasasas.com rcpt to:test@hotmail.com Unable to relay Does any help Me ???? thanks Victor - did you stop and re-start the SMTP service after making your changes to the relay settings? i think you need to restart the service for those changes to take effect. Dave Ireland "Victor ...

large emails are being blocked
Hi, Can someone help me to diagnose where the problem could be why large emails are being blocked. This is what folk receive: postmaster@server1.domain.name.co.uk with "Diagnostic-Code: smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host. This is coming from the mail server that receives our emails and then forwards them onto our FE server. Between server1 and our FE server is a pix and a ISA 2004 server. The email size that is failing is 9mb. Here are all the settings I can find: Gloabal settings > message delivery > defaults 10240kb FE server Default virtual SMT...

CRM Objects in MS Word Templates
Hi, I got a problem with the Merge function of SFO. When I want to write a quote in Word so a use the option in the menue. I select a template from word and then I am asked which Objects I want to include in the document. I want some information from the products, a custom field I integrated. Problem is, I cannot slect it in the document, so I digged a little bit in my database. I am able to select some information from Products, attached to a quote. For example the name or the productID are neither in the quote object nor the quote-detail object, only in the product object. So, obv...

OL 2003 junk email filter not applied
i have previously been able to filter junk email using the parameters in filters.txt, located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033. I have tools|organize|junk e-mail enabled for junk and adult content. After installing mcafee virusscan this feature seemed to be disabled and emails are no longer filtered according to the parameters in the filters.txt file. The filter file seems to be intact. mcafee is clueless and directs me to microsoft. any suggestions? ...

Troubleshoot
Can someone help me with the following statement: =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. Thanks, Roy Try =AVERAGEIF(Range, ">" & NOW()-INT(NOW()) , Sum Range) "rwtrader" wrote: > Can someone help me with the following statement: > =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") > It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. > Thanks, Roy...

Using Windows Service and CRM
Happy Holidays, All! This isn't covered in the SDK, that I can see, but we have a service running that needs to query the CRM database (using the SDK) - but it is running on an application server out side of CRM. We can do this with impersonation, using an existing user in CRM - but the password needs to be hardcoded that way - making it necessary to revisit the applicatin every 90 days... Any other thoughts on how to run a windows service against CRM? Thanks! Kristina Kristina, Ideally (and technically, legally), the service sould have it's own ID. What we've done though i...

Is there a way to share your calendar to other users in CRM sales.
...

Reminders in CRM
Can I set reminders in CRM? If I am replying to an email, I see that I can set a "Due" date, but there doesn't seem to be any option for setting a reminder. There is nothing that "pops-up", if that's what you mean. but the "my home page" view in the CRM summarizes upcoming and past-due tasks. Dave "BM" <BM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36C43A57-D1FA-44AA-9E36-035D39116421@microsoft.com... > Can I set reminders in CRM? If I am replying to an email, I see that I can > set a "Due" date, but there does...

CRM Forms
I'm new to CRM development and am looking for a HOW TO on creating CRM forms from scratch. Could some one please point in the right direction? Check out the MS CRM Sandbox (where you can download the SDK) and the book called Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0 by Mike Synder and Jim Steger... Also the Customization training manual AND the Customization Certification manuals. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC The Norwich Group http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com/mscrm "Joe" <joconnor@adelmantravel.com> wrote in message news:O3duGd21GHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >...

ACT Groups
We are currently converting ACT data to CRM and need to know how to handle the groups in ACT in CRM. We have 47 different groups setup, and the records could be part of 1 or more groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Tara Sifuentes, CCDA, CCNA What does a group in ACT represent? "Tara Sifuentes" <Tara Sifuentes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA273A4-ABB1-4087-BEE7-DD0C55FC3B12@microsoft.com... > We are currently converting ACT data to CRM and need to know how to handle > the groups in ACT in CRM. We have 47 different groups se...

Upgrading From CRM Trial to Full Version
Hi, We ae running CRM 3 trial version, and have brought a valid license for the server and 20 CAL's. Now the problem I haver is that we have bought it under a volume license agreement, so don't have a License Key to upgrade the trial version. I assume I have to install the CRM a fresh? or possible upgrade the trial version via a CD? You possibly will have a product key in eOpen (online tool) If so you can use license manager on the CRM server to apply the server and user licenses. Check with your supplier if this is the case.. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 20...

Setup/Publish Reports for MS CRM 4.0 Professional on Separate Server?
1) I installed MS CRM 4.0 Professional on ServerA and specified that the data and report server will be ServerB. 2) No default reports were installed to ServerB; however, it does appear to have created a DeploymentName_MSCRM folder in Report Manager on ServerB. 3) I then read somewhere that "MS CRM SRS Data Connector" needed to be installed on the Report Server (ServerB) so I subsequently did that. How do I get the reports installed to the DeploymentName_MSCRM folder on ServerB now? Instructions I've seen mention running PublishReports.exe FROM THE REPORT SERVER to do that bu...