Trouble setting up CRM

Hi All,

   I am having a problem while running the hosted CRM infrastructure. I am
following the "All-in-one" configuration as per the CRM deployment guide.
When assigning the roles to a user using MPS sample CP, I am getting the
error "user id is invalid" on the page and the roles are not getting listed.
On tracing further, I found that the provtest for GetRoles.xml itself is
failing with the same error. The web service address in GetRoles.xml is
correct and accessible from the MPS01.

Many Thanks,
Yogesh
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Searching the CRM System
Hi I was wondering if it is, in any way, possible to search a CRM entity using MSSQL Full Text Indexing? Setting the index up is not a problem, but executing through the SDK is the tricky part. Is it possible and "legal"? ...

Default view is set to show Reading Pane
This is set on all folders. At the moment I have been going to each individual folder and turning the reading pane off. Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders? Thank you. Kylie B Kylie B <KylieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This is set on all folders. At the moment I have been going to each > individual folder and turning the reading pane off. > > Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders? Use the techniques described here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Birthday reminder
Hi! We have a problem with the birthday reminder on the contact person. When we are creating a birthday reminder on a contact, all CRM users are getting a reminder in there calendar. Any out there who have the same problem? Best Regard Claus ...

Registry keys to set HTML format
I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a permanent basis Reg <ab@commarc.co.nz> wrote: > I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail > format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a > permanent basis In Outlook, click Tools>Options>Mail Format to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor. -- Brian Tillman [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\M ail] "EditorPreference" "UseWordMail" It's best to use t...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

set paste option automatically
I'm trying to do a simple copy (ctrl-c) from Word and paste it into an Excel cell with ctrl-v. Now the 'paste option' button comes up each time and I have to select 'match destination format' each time. If I turn off paste options, then the cell contents remains blank. Help! ...

Set Print: But how?
I'm using OfficeXP with Windows 98SE. I have a simple spreadsheet that will fit on two pages. I needed to add more footer information than was allowed, so I created a text box instead. I have no idea how to make this continue to page 2 or how to insert a different one on page 2. Is there a way to do that? The more essential question is that now when I try to set the print area, I end up with 51 pages. I keep going into the page break preview screen to try to set the print area, but as soon as I set the bottom and see that yellow line, the right side moves, extending to a zillion columns I ...

CRM V3 localized version
Hi Does anyone know any info on v3.0 localized versions (to be available in first quarter 2006)? I need to know if it will be possible to migrate or redeploy from v3 international edition to v3 localized edition? Thanks a lot ...

How do I set up a supply demand chart in Excel 2007?
I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart in excel 2007? http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ "Smiles" <Smiles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26370E3F-915E-4757-A71E-CA1E9B393BBE@microsoft.com... >I am taking a microeconomics course, how do I set up a supply/demand chart >in > excel 2007? ...

to open a set of folders with one click
Is there a program that you can set the folders you need to open and click on one button it opens all in one mouse-click? It should have the ability to save mutlple sets. I don't want to save a lot of shortcuts and open by clicking these shortcuts. Thanks for the help, On 1/27/2010 5:42 PM, liu wrote: > Is there a program that you can set the folders you need to open and > click on one button it opens all in one mouse-click? It should have > the ability to save mutlple sets. I don't want to save a lot of > shortcuts and open by clicking these shortcuts. > &...

"Microsoft CRM Applications Professional v. 1.2" -- Guidence
Hi, I have planned to take MSCRM1.2 exams, Any one who has finished "Microsoft CRM Applications Professional v. 1.2", pls tell me the following details. what is the question pattern ? areas to be concentrated ? is there any programs to be written in the exam ? any model questions ? will there be any questions from installation of MSCRM ?(since it has seperate exam) what level of hands on experience is important to clear this exam ? is there any moc exams available ? Thanks in advance. Regards, You need to be totally familar with the entire application as it focuses more on funct...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!
I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file. My inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come back. I imported the pst file and now i have double!! It wont let me get rid of either. What do I do now?? TIA Terri ...

Setting up a spread sheet so that it yields graph I want.
I want to list the names of 5 birds, the date I took its weight, and the weight of the bird. How do I set up the spreadsheet so that I can make one graph that has five lines, one for each bird, and plots their weight according to date? Dot Create one table with the name in one column, the date in the 2nd column, and the weight in the 3rd column. Then, create a PivotTable (and PivotChart). Put the Name as the column field, the date as the row field, and the weight as the data field. Change the type of the PivotChart from the default Column to Line. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta ww...

VC7.1 replaces #define values with numeric constants for .rc menu items. Setting to prevent this?
Summary: The VC71 resource editor is replacing #define values with numeric constants for the menu-items in the .rc file. Is there a setting to prevent this? Am I doing something wrong? More information: * The app was originally generated from vc6's wizard. * Changing the menu with the vc6 resource editor doesn't cause this problem. * I've been using a text editor to make changes to the menu. * Following are abbreviated contents of Resource.h and MyTestApp.rc Resource.h #define ID_TRAN_REFRESH_LIST 32860 #define ID_TRAN_CONSERVE_MEMORY 32861 MyTestApp.rc WAS: IDR_MAINFRA...

What should my calculation settings be?
I have made a macro which FILLS DOWN formulas into an MS EXCEL 2000 Spreadsheet. My macro calculates the formulas except some have " #NAME? " as a value. The crazy thing about this is that when I go into the status bar and hit enter the formula is calculatedthe exact number comes up!!!! I've heard about Microsoft issues, is this another example? What should my calculation settings be? I'm not sure if manual, automatic, iteration, or calculate before save will help me out. Please help. Thanks ...

how to set balance as correct?
becasue I've been trying Quicken I had to import a month's worth of stuff back into Money and somehow, because many things were already reconciled in Quicken, when I went to balance the acct in money, the numbers got all screwed up. i know the current balance is correct, but the Balance program thinks it's several thousand off. is there any way to just accept the current balance and go forward, and then reengage the balance procedure after another month and have it be correct? Yah. When balancing the account, put in the believed true ending balance. Mark the transactions belie...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

CRM OBJECT MODEL and Visual Studio .NET
Hi All, i'm trying to add the CRM OBJECT MODEL into my C# web services project. But I can't use Microsoft.CRM.Proxy. Any clues? does anyone has sample code for me as a reference? Thanks in advance. Regards, Venedict Venedict, You need to use Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Proxy (Microsoft.CRM.Proxy is the deprecated version from 1.0). The dlls necessary to add to VS are on the Server CD. Stephen "Venedict" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ad901c49661$5ff23740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > i'm trying to add the CRM OBJ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

How do i set up certain message rules using outlook 2003
Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i cant work out how to make certain message rules. I'm using three email addresses and trying to create the following rule but cant work out how to do it. Heres the rule. Where the To line contains 'info@j-i-d.co.uk' Move it to the "Info" folder Would really appreciate some help here!! Thanks Lord_buy_me_a_Mercedes_Benz wrote: > Just moved from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003. However i > cant work out how to make certain message rules. > I'm using three email addresses and t...

Re-set picture property for each continuous form
I'm sure this will have been asked before: I need to change the picture property of an image control on each generation of a continuous form. Basically, I am creating a list, each row of which is one generation of a continuous form, and want an icon alongside each row which relates to the content of the row. Unlike reports, there is no OnFormat event for the detail section of a form. I need to use a form and not a report as I want interactivity - effectively inline edit. Any ideas? One of many solutions. I would keep your images tiny as this will be a performance hit on a contin...